Is there hype for Ori and the Will of the Wisps?

Is there hype for Ori and the Will of the Wisps?

Attached: 82AF3582-41FD-4CB1-B6F6-FD0046702025.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

I don't care because it's 2.5D instead of being pure 2D.
The only company that can pull 2.5D is Nintendo.
And that's just Frozen Dong, it's basically the only 2.5D game i've ever played that doesn't look like garbage and doesn't want to make me tear my eyes out.

Ultimately i'd much prefer a port of the first game on all remaining platforms instead of this garbage.

yes, there is, i'm unironically hyped for this

no
and that's a good thing
that actually is a good thing, hype kills video games

How is it like living with crippling autism?

>I don't care because it's 2.5D instead of being pure 2D.
>Ultimately i'd much prefer a port of the first game
The first game was also 2.5D, you dingus.

3D models, brainleto.

im not hyped for it but ill pick it up eventually when its cheap. had fun playing the first one

i am not hyped, i wait for it and i want it, never pre-order just wait and see what it is before buying

Yes, that's what 2.5D is. 3D models with gameplay on a 2D plane.

Yes, the original Ori didn't use 3D models for the MC and a bunch of other characters.
They were created as 3D assets and then captured in orthographic.
The actual in-game rapresentation of them is 2D as an end result.

The sequel isn't doing this, instead using 3D models straight up as they are.
Thus why it looks like shit, but you can't tell the difference because you're a subhuman pleb goblino.

You mean 3d models flatened to 2d. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective did the same thing and it looks amazing.

Attached: 1531635863272.jpg (906x768, 82K)

Still... waiting... ;-;

have sex

Only a couple of months left buddy

THe AM2R dude is working on it. So ill buy it to support AM2r.

me too, the first game has a childish look but is very fun

The new game looks identical to the original.

It doesn't look dramatically different at a glance, but it has more of a CGI look to it rather than a hand-drawn one since the characters are now 3D. The main reason behind this change is that it allows for way more fluid animations along with some platforming stuff that would not have been possible in the first game.

To put it short, that user is a turboautist, the game is gonna be GOTY, look forward to it. ;)

Yeah
The first game was fantastic
If they just fix the combat and give more options for mobility, this will be GOAT

>If they just fix the combat and give more options for mobility, this will be GOAT

You're going to be very happy then

Yep.
First was great.

The trailer from the last E3 seemed to suggest that, so I know I won't be disappointed
Also, I bet this one will be longer

New combat will be a fucking huge improvement but I do hope the upgrades and areas are better designed.

>it has more of a CGI look to it rather than a hand-drawn one
I never thought Ori looked hand-drawn, though. It's obviously 3D models and I don't see how anyone could not recognize that, or why he bothers to make the distinction between it being fully 3D or being "flattened" and turned into animation frames.

>To put it short, that user is a turboautist, the game is gonna be GOTY, look forward to it. ;)
Definitely agreed, and I am looking forward to the game. I loved Ori and the Blind Forest so I can't wait to get more.

Only character models are 3D

Not 'hyped', but will probably enjoyed playing it. Recently played the first and it was good.

It's notably longer, but on top of that progression is much less linear, there's actual side content and proper secrets too.

t. LARPer

Very much. I can't fucking wait.

Fuck off
Unless you're telling the truth, then sweet I'm looking forward to it

Most 2.5D games are mostly 3D with a locked camera. Only the background is 2D. In Ori's case, even the foreground is 2D. 2.3D at best.

>he main reason behind this change is that it allows for way more fluid animations along with some platforming stuff that would not have been possible in the first game
Do you have a source for this, like an interview or something? I'm curious about the subject.

Unironically the game I'm most looking forward to. Hoping they announce a close release date today.

I'm sure Microsoft is sensible enough to release it in July-August so that it doesn't drowned by the glut of AAA releases that comes afterwards, right?

I cant say I like how the combat is looking, old combat felt more like you were just using the energy from your spirit orb thing to try and keep enemies out of your way, it's more of a traversal kind of game than a combat kind of game in that you're using what would be a traversal method to harm enemies out of necessity
Now that he had a bow and arrow for some reason, it kind of lost a bit of soul and feels less "natural" in terms of how Ori fights. It's not bad, since it can lead to better combat, but it feels a bit off in terms of flavor

Attached: mainqimgd5326ed9497a7ee0e546296c0f8e48c0.jpg (500x655, 98K)

they probably want to emulate the more successful metroidvanias, since they all have relatively good combat (Dead Cells and HK)

same, ori isn't really something you're waiting eagerly for, it's just a nice little game on its own

I suppose. Ori movement is pretty good already, I guess they're polishing the combat to keep to the pace

>it's more of a traversal kind of game than a combat kind of game

Well this time it's both. Ori is more of a hero this time around and rather than some orphan caught up in shitty circumstances, so it's only natural that they're heading into the fray with a laser sword and a bow to save the day. Besides that the combat was an aspect that the devs really wanted to improve since it ended up being kind of vestigial in the ORIginal and had obvious room for improvement. So they've basically turned it into a 2D character action game, there's a whole bunch of weapons with differing movesets along with a dozen spells, and all of them can combo off of one another and your traversal abilities so there's some proper depth and room for different playstyles.

t. LARPer

Not him, but I find it unfortunate because my primary drive toward metroidvanias is traversal and navigation, which Ori did really well. I'm not a fan of how combat-focused most metroidvanias are, taking more from the -vania half than the metroid- half. I just hope that adding combat elements won't detract from the main attraction of Ori, which is its traversal mechanics. I'll be really disappointed if they focus more on combat than traversal.

>So they've basically turned it into a 2D character action game, there's a whole bunch of weapons with differing movesets along with a dozen spells, and all of them can combo off of one another
This sounds utterly unappealing to me.

I'm looking forward to it because I really liked the first one. But hype might be too strong of a word.

Then just breeze past nearly everything with bash and the leash.

me too thanks

Can't wait. It's the first Microsoft game I've played that was actually really good. They've taken some time with the sequel too, so my expectations are resonably high.

Just pleeease don't bring back the fatalities. You sick fucks.

Attached: dims.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

I liked the first one a good amount. Is there still no release date?

My worry is that it will affect the design in ways that I don't like. By having this heavier focus on combat, there will have to be more enemies, areas designed with combat in mind, etc. I'm worried the focus will shift and it will play more like something like Hollow Knight, which I can't get into at all because it's so combat-focused.

How can you not like combat? What would La Mulana be without big fucking bosses?

dashing through shit is fun too

There's gonna be bossfights and some forced combat encounters but for the most part you can cheese your way past most enemies with movement abilities and basically play it like the first game but on steroids. There's a reason why they brought WR speedrunners of the ORiginal onboard to do QA for the game.

Combat typically takes away from traversal, and in my opinion the most fun metroidvanias are the ones that are focused on traversal and movement challenges/puzzles along with exploration. Ori was so great precisely because it had such minimal combat and the enemies felt more like obstacles than opponents. It's why I don't really enjoy Castlevania or Hollow Knight or other combat-focused metroidvanias.

>god tier music & graphics
>simple but sweet story that hits muh feels much harder than politicized AAA melodrama
>polished gameplay and satisfying platforming with unique mechanics
This game was a legit 9.5\10 (only issue being poor enemy variety and attack variety). I felt bad for pirating it, maybe I'll buy the "definitive" edition before Wisps comes out.

Anyway, theories on why Kuro ended up in the forest? I think most of the owls died for some reason and few escaped from their home land (which is the area you see in the first trailer for Wisps with all the dead owls). Kuro ended up in the forest but being a creature of darkness got her chicks annhiliated by the light from the tree. I assume that in Wisps we'll know what happened to the lands of darkness and the story will revolve around restoring those lands and the owl tribe.

like what the fuck is this opinion even?

>Frozen Dong

Yeah, I think this is bait and it's a damn good one

Ori is the only good thing to come out of Microshit in the last 15+ years. Seriously what else have they shat out that wasn't absolute cancer? The first Ori was so well made and polished it could have passed easily for a second party Nintendo game.

I just hope this sequel will be at least as good as the first one and that MSdidn't corrupt it with weird dlc, pay2win, Winblows 10 Store exclusivity or other bullshit.

> childish look

I bet you think CoD games are very mature and badass looking. Makes you feel all grown up

There's no DLC and it's coming to Steam on day one

Exploration is pointless if you don't find anything. When you finally unearth somthing like Baphomet it makes the otherwise extremely tedious Twin Labyrinth feel totally worth it.

Variety is key. Puzzles, fighting, exploration; anything to stave off boredom. That's what makes 2D metroidvanias such a good genre.

Between this and cuphead they're quickly taking the lead. Not very hard considering the competition, and this is def. the gen where they have the best chance to prove themselves.

no but like in fact it was often quite childish

but like who cares

I'm interested.
I liked the first Ori though it had issues.
They seem to be fixing the combat which is great. I hope the map is a lot more interesting.

Any release date yet?

Wait two and a half hours, then wait a few weeks

the original release of ori is better than the definitive edition because the air dash is the least-inspired platforming skill of all time and throwing it in a game that was built around all the other more interesting traversal options it had completely trivialized the difficulty of sections that weren't balanced for it, like the tree escape, the grenade toss ability not only didn't fit the character but being able to bash off your own grenades completely broke the gumo ruins, allowing you to clear the whole area without using the gravity orb. If you paid attention to your map you didn't need to teleport between save locations because there's a path through the whole game that leads you to every collectible, the only flaw the DE fixed is allowing you to reopen an old save, but being able to do so gets boring fast and just reveals that the ideal way to play the game is to just start a new run each time and keep making progress towards 100%, which if you can't do on the third run you might be a brainlet

It bugs me that you can't not buy the definitive edition, but at least I already have the og version, I never uninstalled it

Attached: 1278039599482.png (501x300, 114K)

I am hyped for it, but there is no news about it since the previous fucking E3 wtf

It would have to be different from the first because the combat and "boss fights" were both shit

I agree on the DE abilities being tacked on (because they were) but the forlorn ruins is objectively the worst section of the game and being able to cheese through it is an improvement.

>Exploration is pointless if you don't find anything.
There are plenty of non-combat-related things you could find.

>Variety is key. Puzzles, fighting, exploration; anything to stave off boredom.
I prefer my games to have more focus on one thing and then provide variety within that thing. Ori focused on traversal, and it provided variety through different gameplay hooks in each area and having a good variety of traversal moves to use and combine. You don't have to have lots of combat to "balance out" the puzzles and exploration for the sake of variety. There are much better ways to have variety.