TOMORROWS THE DAY Yea Forums

TOMORROWS THE DAY Yea Forums

TOMORROWS THE DAY FINAL FANTASY XVI GETS OFFICIALLY REVEALED

PLOT IS ABOUT TWO WORLDS LOSING THEIR ORBIT AND SLOWLY COMING TOWARDS EACH OTHER

A WAR STARTS BETWEEN BOTH PLANETS IN AN ATTEMPT TO DESTROY THE OTHER PLANET BEFORE THEY COLLIDE

THE STORY IS SEGMENTED, YOU'LL PLAY AS PEOPLE FROM EACH PLANET FOR STORY BITS, CROSS PATHS, AND FIGHT EACH OTHER. YOU'LL CONTROL THE MALE HERO FROM THE FIRST PLANET AND HIS TEAM, YOU'LL SWITCH TO THE FEMALE HER FROM THE SECOND PLANET AND HER TEAM. YOU'LL SEE BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY.

THIS IS ALL I KNOW. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE MY INFORMATION IS ACTUALLY FOR STAR OCEAN SIX BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK IT IS, I DIDN'T SPEAK TO ANYONE FROM TRI-ACE

THIS ISN'T A REAL LOGO BUT MY LEAKS ARE REAL

Attached: FFXVI.png (916x872, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU
youtu.be/sYwS6MlCjTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What kind of mouthbreathing autism possessed you to write this entire post in all caps?

I really like the premise so I hope it's true

>have the tech/magic to destroy a whole fucking planet
>doesn't have the tech/magic to slightly change their trajectory to avoid the collision
yep sounds stupid enough to be a FF plot

Isn't that the new Tales plot? When's Bamco showing their shit? Also, kinda hope SE has some interesting shit, I'd love a new mainline FF, just keep Nomura away from it.

>Square Enix just got through FFXV and KH3 and are finally doing something about FF7R
>Inmediately announce FFXVI in spite of their terrible management and legendary reputation for decade-long Vaporware
This is stupid enough that i could believe it.

might be cool but the plot is tales of symphonia tier

>female
dropped

Thanks for Tales of Arise story leaks, user

not FF
FFXVI is fantasy, not sci-fi
it's headed by Yoshida
this is star ocean

Who's composing? that's the only thing that matters

So we are literally getting the same shitty plot from FFXIII

MOTOI SAKURABA

This, also if I remember well they said the next one would be more traditional fantasy based than mecha n shit

sounds like some shitty romeo and juliet sci-fi flick.

Attached: Dv-FUGUWoAYr9LC.jpg (296x337, 14K)

Yep, it's a tales games, no way Snoreraba is composing for FF

I don't care. Give me bravely third instead.

I believe it

youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU
Guys would you be okay if Agni's Philosophy was adapted as FFXVI?
Personally, I like what they've shown of the world, although I don't really dig the main character, looks like a Yuna rip-off.

ff15 was shit so will ff16 be too

who cares

youtu.be/sYwS6MlCjTM
>55:22

is this real

Probably during Microsoft. Last year they had Tales of Vesperia shown.

Of course it is, it's in cruise control.

If they changed the MC to a guy then sure

yeah

>star ocean

didn't the guy who created the series die,I thought the japanese were afraid to touch someone else's series after they've passed on for fear of not catching their original "vision"?

which is also why we'll never get to see another grandia game again after III ;_;

Attached: Confused Angel.png (283x195, 89K)

>agni's philosophy will never be a real game

Attached: 1398745621245.jpg (318x159, 10K)

>what is Science-fantasy

That's bullshit but I believe it.

There hasn't been a good Final Fantasy game since the PS2. I just don't care.

Sounds like a cool plot line but Square will ruin it with faggy characters and bad controls.

Pic related is the best FF. Too bad Sakaguchi isnt part of the team anymore.

Attached: 1242514314.jpg (1536x2048, 1.35M)

>Pic related

That's not VI, user

You mean XII right?

Attached: TT.jpg (1200x750, 269K)

>Square Enix e3 is at the same time as the NBA finals

As a proud Toronto nigga, Imma skip this one.

Attached: 1559880877400.jpg (698x698, 90K)

I have zero faith square enix can even produce a good final fantasy game, so 16's announcement would mean nothing to me.

kys

I'll let you have that one user.

OP is fake and gay.

I *have* seen FF16. It's nowhere near ready to be revealed. MAYBE next year, but literally all of Squeenix's attention is on FF7 Remake right now. 16 has a basic outline and like, one very basic gameplay proof of concept and that's it.

It's going back to basics. They're doing a full-on Breath of the Wild style reimagining. The theme is "Timeless". It's going to be 100% pointy hats and mages with staves and airships that are boats with propellers and shit. Character customization is going to play a HUGE part.

Think art style of Final Fantasy 14, with the open-endedness of Final Fantasy 1 and the emphasis on experimentation and party composition of FF5, and you're in the general ballpark.

How does it feel knowing you need to jump to floorsqueak to finally be a winner because you keep losing in the sport that you created and is considered quintessentially Canadian

Attached: 1537314825629.jpg (504x572, 134K)

ff16 will most likely abandon anime characters to full realism with real actors like death stranding

based

slightly less based

Does your dad work for Square? Fuck off, I'm so fucking sick of you larpers.

>SE
>Making good FF games
Nice try atleast.

>an hour analysis from a minute trailer
who'd watch this shit

>IX's plot
Eh, they took VII's Lifestream concept wholesale to XIV, so whatever. I'm still holding on hope that next main FF will be set on medieval fantasy, their vision on it is always crazy nice-slash-comfy.

>Two worlds trying to destroy each other

Attached: xeno.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Watch from that timestamp, brainlet.

I won't watch your vid nigger

WHEN IS THE FF7 CONCERT

Attached: 1560046439559.jpg (960x960, 108K)

Can FF do it better though? It was the best game of the decade.

ikr

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-161854.jpg (2190x1080, 914K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-161913.jpg (2190x1080, 1.03M)

Yoshida literally said he is making a straight fantasy game with no sci-fi elements you fucking retard

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-161920.jpg (2190x1080, 920K)

The only mainline Final Fantasy I've played was 4-7, 9 and 10, should I even bother with other games?

Attached: 1469211564601.jpg (560x400, 12K)

This is fucking stupid.

>braver is a jumping slash

why?

Attached: Confused Mouse.png (372x497, 243K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-161926.jpg (2190x1080, 755K)

I don't see how FF would work with a custom character
The story in FF has always been about the whole team rather than the MC wouldn't it be weird if one of them was a custom character?

Though i guess Vaan is already sorta a blank character like that from the story standpoint but i dunno

This game would've been marginally better if Vivi was the protagonist, prove me wrong faggots

Your leak lose all credibility after you use big fonts

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-161940.jpg (2190x1080, 793K)

I have no idea what "jump to floorsqueak" means at all. Speak English dude.

All I know is tomorrow night after I drop my girlfriend to her place, is that I'm gonna be running around shirtless in Jurassic Park downtown screaming "All I do is win" with "We The North written on my chest". Probably going to take a day off work since my buddy and I wanted to get drunk and stoned in the middle of the streets before the riot starts.

Just gonna give you guys a heads up, the absolutely apeshit pandemonium in Toronto will be so destructive, the city of Toronto will be trending in global news. It will be like Afghanistan out there, and I want to be right in the middle of the chaos.

LET'S GO RAPTORS

Attached: 1558668451442.gif (474x396, 3.05M)

Better than anything you've contributed.

8 is good.

And?

why not

Attached: FF_1-jap-MSX-battle.jpg (640x480, 53K)

>jump to floorsqueak
Needing to jump to watching basketball because the Leafs got embarassed by the Bruins in a game 7 for the third time in 10 years

I believe you OP. If it weren't true why else would you type it in caps.

You people really need to figure out what "Tomorrow" is. Square Enix day is Monday and the N.Direct is Tuesday, not "tomorrow".

The next one better not be another bland High Fantasy DQ wannabe cause retards can't just play DQ, need more original worlds

And put some effort into your shitposts

>using V as a baseline

I've waited years for square to make this user thanks for the heads up m8 you just made my night!

Attached: Deers.jpg (1800x1221, 297K)

>another scifi final fantasy
They really need someone to do a new FF9 or 12 that calls back to classic fantasy.

Kawhi legit has Asperger's. Hopefully Toronto wins, though, because I'm tired of Golden State being called "better than Jordan's Bulls"

ATB gauge builds up when time goes by

What a retarded analysis

I'm not sure if I would really call 12 classic fantasy, but it has a nice feeling to it that I wouldn't mind seeing again

>if we kill all the people on another planet, we'll stop the planet from hitting us
what

care to back up this claim?

>still no character creation
get with the fucking times japan

not in the remake
dumbfuck

I don't think we'll be hearing about the next FF until the FF7 remake has at least one part out.

>t.shill trying to hype this shit heap
FF7 (PS1) Will always be superior get over it fag.

The problem with your leak LARP is that you assume people can still get excited, somehow, for a Final Fantasy game created by current Square Enix. Assuming it's a thing, it would release only in 2026 or some shit like that, so nobody has any reason to care.

The plot can work for the new Tales game, though. And yeah maybe even for Star Ocean, if more of those ever happen again.

nobody said otherwise you fucking child

XI and XIV have them

I'm scared to get my hopes up, but a return to form like that is exactly what I want.

Attached: 1559033210057.gif (320x180, 179K)

>user is flabbergasted that people are shitting on his useless fucking hour long "analysis"

grow up

FF9 sold like shit in comparison to the ones that didnt do that and literally no one remebers or talks about 12. They just need to do more shit like 10 or Versus concept instead of going back to Dragon Quest ripoff days

kek got eeem!

10 is the worst fucking game in the series. Fuck you.

>meanwhile he's defending those extra retarded ideas
Ok no more (You)s I gotta get to work tomorrow.

>PLOT IS ABOUT
I literally can't care until you show me gameplay.

10 is a weird way to say 13

>10 minutes for 20-30 seconds of combat
you guys are retarded

sounds reasonable to me. just look at us, we already have the power to nuke the earth into a state uninhabitable to most life. on the flipside we aren't anywhere close to terraforming planets to become habitable, much less our own planet with the whole global warming thing.

destruction will always be easier than creation no matter what level of civilization you are.

I've been watching the Raptors since I was like 8 dude. At one point my.
older brother was basically gay for Vince Carter. Never been a hockey fan. I might be 28 now but holy shit does it feel good to win a finals right now. Other teams wish their city loved the fuck out of their team the way Toronto loves the Raptors.

Also Kawhi is the greatest autistic athlete of all time. Given the entire city of Toronto is autistic it makes sense that he's here.

Attached: 1558945773404.png (515x478, 285K)

character creation is the worst design ever.
>Here, imagine your own story
or
>Here, have a boring generic story that fit every possible characters so it will fit your custom character.

Sounds like a great premise damn

Hell no, it's not 15

no one plays ff for the gameplay

those aren't mainline titles tho, you'd think they'd fucking learn ffxv is fucking dead both xi and xiv are still going. who gives a fuck about their shit generic jpop protagonists? let players build a custom character, they're no more generic than standard squeenix protag but players start invested in them.

yeab who thought an in-depth analysis would be in-depth

This is good and I don't want to hope. Fuck you for giving me hope.

Attached: 1361084725513.gif (420x315, 2.94M)

10 was a hallway simulator before 13 was.
10 had a dull as dirt protagonist and cast in general before 13 did
10 had a totally absurd and poorly thought out setting just like 13 did.

The only real point of argument would be which combat system you prefer.

15 is better than 13 in it's current state

are you saying final fantasy stories are genius or some shit? how about your average final fantasy protagonist? fucking embarrassing. at least character creation keeps the player involved.

you sure like throwing that word around while not contributing anything useful
it's like you're projecting something..

Is it true Final Fantasy XV was so bad that it's getting a new ending from a novel based on cancelled DLC?

Attached: 4073570.jpg (1600x1067, 231K)

Am I the only person on Yea Forums that genuinely enjoyed 15? Also that platforming secret area was great

?

And now you're losing me.

Sakuraba. Seriously? They couldn't get Shibata?

>wanting character creation in 2019
Take your shitty self insert fanfiction elsewhere autist.

yeah lmao who gives a fuck about noctis or any of their shit protagonists just let players create their own

Same, sounds neat.

name a good final fantasy protagonist

Sounds like a waste of resources.
Zelda has been a gameplay focused series since forever, while FF has been a "story first, visuals and sound second, gameplay third" since a long time as well.

Don't let the obnoxious ones get to you. I liked it as well, though it does have its issues.

Stinger scene got me a bit teared up, man.

They are both shit and i dont feel like talking about that shit heap in detail and summoning THAT autist in the thread so I'll stop

What would character creation in a JRPG add? for them to be a silent bystander type MC?
That's a million time worse than even the shittiest actual character MC

>Not Masashi Hamauzu
Dropped.

>what is lightning returns

how the fuck is it worse? it's the same shit, don't fucking pretend jrpg protagonists are any good. at least creating your own keeps you invested.

Ok I'll bite what console will it be on PS4 or PS5?

Attached: Cave Story.png (1013x763, 69K)

>10 had a totally absurd and poorly thought out setting
Explain. I'm under the impression you just hate sunny and tropical settings like everyone on here.

even if this was true there's no reason to expect square not to shit the bed somehow
you gotta remember just a few years ago they released XV, and VIIR has been in development hell since then. Why would anyone assume they actually learned from their mistakes this time?

Arguably the best fishing in any game ever

How would having a character creation keeps you any more "invested" than a given protagonist?

this sounds based final fantasy needs character creations it characters are shit. op's leak is fucking trash if true.

Play FFT.

Waifufags and dress-up trannies can play other games

you make it yourself you're attached. i'm not saying given protagonist can't work geralt from witcher is based henry from kingdom come is based but jrpg given protagonists are all fucking shit.

>Copying the last great tales of game for the story and premise

shame.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>futuristic final fantasy

miss me with that gay shit

protagonists can work in wrpgs look at geralt from witcher but they're fucking trash in jrpgs

This is tales of arise. Can you tell us if it is connected to the past 2 games?

Plot sounds lame as shit, hope it's Tales or star ocean instead.

>country bumpkin luddites live in the same general region as cyberpunk gypsies and oppress them
>furry race shows up out of nowhere, plays almost no role in anything
>endless ambiguous nonsense about why there are spirits of the dead just hangin around
I don't even want to get into the mess of Zanarkand and Sin and all that nonsense.

I'm sure I'm misremembering at least some of it, since I haven't played the game since it originally came out. But god did I hate it. Even X-2 is better because at least it was unpretentious, just goofy trash.

>furry

who was that?

Well it's just your own personal preference then i don't really feel any more attached to a created character than a given one
But with the latter you'll never get any more than an MC that just follows around the story team silently like a bystander adding literally nothing to the story

Kimhari's people. Don't even remember what they were called, I think it started with R, maybe Rondo? I don't remember them doing a single thing in the plot.

*former i mean

10 was a hallway simulator, but it had a lot more side activities and had more variety and better pace compare to 13.

No way they'll make a single character game for a mainline FF

That's a difference of margins. They're both equally boring in the exploration department. Exploration is one of the main things I want out of a Final Fantasy game.

That sounds pretty cool and that's why I don't believe it.

vaan lightning noel noctis i mean come on they're all fucking trash man how can you say created character is worse

It was mainline though

This sounds so good you know it's fake. Fuck you.

speak english user

I want to believe.

Not reading the story but here are two questions:
>cute waifu yes or no
>turnbased battle like battle system or ffxv ?

>he likes modern final fantasy games

>I don't remember anything about the game, but I hate it hate it hate it

ok

Who cares about the plot? The interesting thing is what kind of an aesthetic it's going to have. Is it another futuristic game or "a fantasy based on reality" or is the series finally going back to its roots in medieval-ish fantasy?

Character customization doesnt simply mean you create your own character.

I'm not saying it's worse, i'm saying it literally adds nothing to a linear jrpg story

Also Cloud, Bartz, Terra are great

13 is the only pure Future setting, It cant be that hard to make new original worlds without resorting to high fantasy or semi future

Even though this is fake it seems like a cool story.
But no way they're making XVI with VII:R in development and XV not too long ago released.

Attached: 1515779981996.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Yeah a sequel to it

I still never played FFXV was it worth playing? I skipped FF13 too.

This is an ironic cringe post, right? Breddy gud, as long as it is that.

Attached: 1558023360945.png (600x474, 6K)

I woulda been down for that game that Eidos Montreal was supposedly working on at one time, a space opera Final Fantasy. It's something the series hasn't done before. I have no faith that Squenix's in-house studio could pull that kind of shit off though, so I'd rather they just try to do traditional fantasy.

no

no

no

>noctis

Nice meme, zoomer

Who was actually responsible for the direction of FF after 9? 12 was reasonable then it went all fucking tron garbage.

So the plot from Marvel's Secret Wars.

Absolutely not. Not even worth the 100GB~ space needed when pirating it.

>PLOT IS ABOUT TWO WORLDS LOSING THEIR ORBIT AND SLOWLY COMING TOWARDS EACH OTHER
cool, not gonna lie

FF14 has that feeling, but it also has the tech stuff too.

I don't think any one person controls the direction of the series. That role disappeared once Sakaguchi left. Most of the games have a person who seemed to have ultimate authority in that project, Matsuno was the creative lead on 12 for instance.

is this real????

But I would need to play an MMO in order to get that experience, the worst genre in the medium.

yeah it's fine

Yoshi literally said he's making ff16 medieval fantasy

have sex

It will be trash because they refuse to go back to turn based combat.

I hope people find you out and throw you under the bus so you'll get blacklisted forever.

I don't think there's anything wrong with experimenting with new combat systems in FF, that's been one of the cornerstones of the series. I don't think being turn-based is some sacrosanct thing that every game needs to abide by. The problem with FFXV wasn't that it was real time combat, it was that it was BAD combat.

Big budget FF in the vein of 9 would just be everything I would want

Vein of a singeplayer XIV would be better. The characters in IX all look stupid.

Sounds like a star ocean plot. FF VIII remaster will be announced. So I dont think ffxvi will be announced now even though it is in development.