This is probably the soulless UI I've ever seen

this is probably the soulless UI I've ever seen

Attached: ps4-dashboard-random-pn.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-THEMESALLTHEMES/1?price=0-0
youtube.com/watch?v=85VWT9myzkQ
youtu.be/Zf3eC9eMlYI
youtube.com/watch?v=6C_bWybAn08
youtu.be/Y-PTTk3JUcM
youtube.com/watch?v=s4ahiNc3e_8
youtube.com/watch?v=GdUCem8wNzE
youtube.com/watch?v=paRr8myqtUk
youtube.com/watch?v=DNF--R3o-Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=uCZDGRBah_o
youtu.be/n3QPZlqtOgY
youtube.com/watch?v=nzcZ-WOM1q0
youtube.com/watch?v=GZauGmdufLU
youtube.com/watch?v=ylxgaUkNZqU
youtube.com/watch?v=gNfGBGNGYxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That isn't blades.

*throws the perfect UI in the trash*

Attached: setup-internet-wireless-wired-ui-01-ps3-en-21jul15.jpg (627x353, 28K)

It's annoying that you can't pin apps from the TV section to the main menu

KNACK?!

This was soulful as fuck. It's the original Xbox 360 color scheme, and that smooth blades shit was badass in 2005.

Attached: QFDyrjH[1].jpg (1280x720, 85K)

That's what themes are for. Makes it look a lot less soulless.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

No, it's not soulless. It's straight up shit, dude.
PSP/PS3 XMB was the best.

What a shame, everyone knows the console UI is what really makes a console worth buying or not. Sometimes I just spend hours in the console menu enjoying the UI, people who just skip past it to get to the games don't really get what owning a console is all about.

>spend money goy (:

kek

There's 100 free themes and that was one of them.

Here are the 318 free themes, some say unavailable so it's probably like 250 but it's more than any other console can say. They're all based different games.
store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-THEMESALLTHEMES/1?price=0-0

this was comfy as fuck and they destroyed it for fucking tiles

Damn it was so good both on psp and ps3. Vita and PS4 had terrible UIs

This was nice.
I'm still angry about the new PSN store UI.

Attached: PS3StoreUpdate.jpg (1024x576, 269K)

Name one (1) UI/theme more Soulful than this. It changes dinamically according to time, has minimal comfy music

youtube.com/watch?v=85VWT9myzkQ

Attached: 06h1wtixn3721.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

It was definitely the best console UI, it really pisses me off they threw it away for the clunky slow garbage of the PS4.

I very rarely use my PS4, but it always makes me laugh when I load up the PSN store and it defaults to showing me fucking movies instead of games.

This one right here that I posted earlier is my favorite.

youtu.be/Zf3eC9eMlYI

youtube.com/watch?v=6C_bWybAn08

Attached: 1557102435924.png (514x548, 33K)

I also change it up with the other Rez Dynamic theme. This one i'm using now, but with music off.

youtu.be/Y-PTTk3JUcM

I hate that I can't remove the WHATS NEW tile from the dashboard. It actively spoils games that you may be playing and is always the first time you see on startup.

Any other long time PS owners from PS1 to 4 that are just fucking done with Sony?

Attached: 1514699423226.jpg (385x380, 35K)

Ps4 has a shit and soulless ui for sure. That with the fact that i oy play single player games on it is pure lonliness

Not like you can even play with anyone unless you want to fork over dosh to use your own internet

Whoever came up with the metro design needs to be dragged out into the streets and stoned to death. That shit infested every single UI design in every media and I fucking hate it

Attached: BAYONETS_READY.jpg (828x626, 38K)

Dreadful music, awful icons

It's ok but it's just nostalgia, mostly

What they replaced it with was confusing as fuck, ugly, and all to drive the stupid avatar shit with kinect.

God damn it xbox really pissed me off for a solid decade, and that was the big fuck you that started it.

It's sad because everything else this generation is somehow worse

>playing on a console
deserve everything you get

No the switch's UI is. I've never seen Wii u's cause I didn't own that piece of shit but the Wii's 'channels' were so much better than what they did with the switch

Still better than rehashed android UI and whatever jumbled mess the xbox dashboard is all the time

Most UI is soulless today. It's so bland looking. Minimalist UI is everywhere and it needs to die.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

All the current consoles have terrible UIs.

great exclusives and free games every month? :^)

Anne's theme is pretty good.

Attached: p5.jpg (554x520, 123K)

That's why you custom it

Attached: 20181130220234.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

I’ll take it over “hide the game tab under ads about football that you can’t make go away and also make the game tab tiny” Xbox

There is so much wrong with this fucking layout and somehow it's gone on to become the trendsetter for gaming consoles (see: Switch).
>Console remembers every disc game you've played, but still jumps it to the front of the line every time instead of just when you insert it
>Runs like dogshit. If you have a base model PS4, using a dynamic theme is suffering
>The "down" menus take forever to load since they're network based
>The "up" menu is incredibly wasteful, empty space that (again) takes forever to load
>Utilities like the web browser and photo album are listed on the same level as games (at least the Switch distinguishes them, though it does not do so for video apps)
>Speaking of video apps, the only purpose of hiding your video apps behind TV and Video is to push advertisements for Sony's movie sales and sponsored apps, and it takes forever to load to boot

as an ex-console player, i do miss sitting on the dashboard, listening to the music, messaging friends.
i still think PS Home is/was a cool idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4ahiNc3e_8

Attached: 1541615808991.jpg (1020x1020, 112K)

Forgot the most important one:
>Laying out icons in a row is a TERRIBLE way to present them, half of it is hidden and viewing all your installed games is in a submenu of another app presented at the same informational level. If your computer did this with all your applications, and the only way to reposition them or choose what's visible was to open and close them or put them in folders, you would fucking hate it.

The UI would be instantly improved if the home screen showed your games on a grid instead of a gay slider. Grid master race.

dont forget that you have many games instead only like the last 10 played shows up and the rest literally disappears and have to launch them from the library app

>There's an option for "themes" in the settings
>Only black or white
Just give me a few fucking jpegs with some of the games I buy holy shit. The 3DS had themes and they were comfy, especially the MH4U theme with the weapons rack and music

I never liked the blades. I honestly don't know why they are so liked on here.

All I wanted ever was a soulfull UI..

The Switch's UI is pretty good though, it's fast and the games are upfront and easy to see. It only lacks sorting features and more themes.

The library app should have been mapped to a button
Like press triangle to see your whole library instead of having to scroll all the way to be able to actually see what you have installed

baby doesn't know how to scroll left and right
blinded by nostalgia

I'm also bothered how they never update the avatars list. Literally all they'd have to do is steal the ones from Smash and plug them in, but they seem to have completely forgotten

It's not

It's the lack of music that makes it feel the most lifeless. Not even eShop music.

I'm glad you've provided such strong arguments for your point.

Glad retroarch still uses this

I'd argue that the Xbones is worse, but ultimately I agree.

>ps4 has minimalistic UI (with theme support)
>fucking soulless trash, minimalistic design was a mistake, where's the details?
>switch has minimalistic UI (no themes)
>it's so good, it's fast and games are easy to see, I love it

I fucking hate this board so much

A soulful UI does not need a theme.

I never said the PS4's UI was good, autist.

Both the Wii U and the PS3 had better UIs than the PS4 and Switch ones.

Why is PS4s UI so fucking slow?

This design is so late 2000s it hurts
>half the screen space wasted on psuedo-skeuomorphism
>loud colors with silver accents
>gloss and texture
>everything has an outline, an inset, or a bezel
>lowercase used for headers
>Verdana-like font

>

Attached: 648B7425-1133-4576-AD3F-6F22C45B9E59.jpg (315x616, 42K)

What theme is that?

>He hasn't got Bloodborne's platinum theme

Here you go, friends, sharing this with you, because fuck Sony.

Attached: IMG_20190609_090301.jpg (720x348, 64K)

You guys remember the WiiU’s? That was great. Also the shop music.

The new judgement theme is a better sounding version of the regular ps4 theme
youtube.com/watch?v=GdUCem8wNzE

this is incredibly ugly and inefficient

It was really slow and unresponsive unfortunately. The PS4's isn't much better on that front though. That's what I really liked about the XMB, it was fast, easy, and aesthetically pleasing.

The Switch's UI is functionally basic but at least it's responsive. Responsiveness is the MOST important feature of any digital interface.

Ahhhh, much better

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 680K)

Best theme coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=paRr8myqtUk

Mid-2000s-but-before-iCancer aesthetic comfiness

Yep, totally agree. I don't think the Switch's interface is very appealing to look at, and it doesn't have much personality. But the speed at which you can navigate it makes it the best of the generation by a country mile.

The PS4's menu system is just fucking awful.

>Multiple posts beforehand complaining about the same shit
>Just ignore them because of one fag's opinion

I fucking hate this board so much

ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=DNF--R3o-Iw

>chill music loop
>extremely pleasing, relaxing colour palette
>ass
and it's f r e e

I miss menu music. Where did menu music go? Also why the fuck didn't they bring back Miiverse

Name a more soulful theme you can't
youtube.com/watch?v=uCZDGRBah_o

can still sorta go to it on certain ps3 games. it's so much faster and well lain out. I hope they get rid of the current one with ps5.

How can you say that when this shit exists?
At least you can cover up the PS4 UI with some themes.

Attached: 1536828811208.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

still just waiting to see if they ever make another ape escape or jak game.

Old good, new bad

see

Got the AC7 theme for free.

OP is talking about appearances not functionality

>The Xbone UI
Okay, I miss the Blades and the NXE could have gone a lot worse (Copying save data and looking at your download list is the single worst experience I've ever had) but I want to know what insane man designed the Xbone UI. Everything either opens up a new app or is just placed in the most retarded positions. Pressing B most of the time causes you to revert back to something you already went through and backed out of. So say you opened up a pin like "My Games & Apps" and then decided to to go the Microsoft Store through it, and then pressed Home and went through another app, if you pressed B it would just continue backing out until you stopped or returned back to whatever origin position you were in as if you pressed the back button on a browser.

Stuff on the main screen isn't shown by your last couple recently played things, you just randomly have stuff hovering around, the disk you have inserted is the fourth small box, the enormous square is just whatever main app you have open at the time, the ad is bigger than your apps/games. The other sections are mostly okay but the main screen is just dreadful. The system doesn't even tell you what things you have side-loaded unless you check them one-by-one and quit out of them manually. The screenshot section is one of the worst I've ever seen and defaults to "Xbox Live" and it doesn't save what section you were in previously and always defaults to "On Xbox Live" and "All Games". When you view a screenshot it brings up the menu for uploading or deleting it instead of just showing you the screenshot first and then having a menu pop up if you choose, and when you switch to a new screenshot even if you had the menus down it pops them back up again.

The most infuriating is that let's say you get an add-on for a game and install it, until you install the game itself you can't see the add-on in storage. You also can't manually backup save data, it's just delete it from the cloud, delete it locally, or nothing.

Attached: What in the world is this Microsoft.png (940x528, 309K)

As much as I hate the PS4, Xbox One by far has the worst UI this generation.

>ape escape or jak game
it's not happening

Attached: 1518894058177.jpg (960x640, 60K)

Imagine being so desperate and obsessed with trying to shit on Playstation that this thread is what you come up with

>browse PSN trying to search for certain games
>console starts lagging
>browse some more
>console freezes permanently
Its like its developed so you don't try to buy older titles.

Attached: oof.jpg (770x1060, 69K)

Yes. Abandoning ship.

I'm probably going to buy a used PS5 since it can play all of my PS4 games but I am done giving them money.

Metro UI was a mistake.

I fucking hate it so fucking much

PS3 and PSP was god tier, why did they change it?
It even lacks basic features such as being able to turn off vibration in the quick menu, or tell the console to turn off when the downloads are finished

Who gives a fuck, no one uses playstation anymore.

Attached: 1539622820171.jpg (619x807, 84K)

I hate when the store defaults to some Mexican sale in spanish, I click on it, and get a 404 error

>virgins still seething over intimacy modes
I hate you consolewar faggots

>ps4 is just HUEG game icons and slow garbage ui but at least there's customization options
>xbone ui is a submenu hell hole with ads where you spend more time looking at the loading circle more than anything and a useless stream garbage tab in the middle
>switch is the ps4 but even more of a soulless void since there's no themes or background music but at least it's fast
What happened to console ui design this gen?

Switch UI would be mostly fine if you could default into "All Programs" with the other options you get on the main screen at the bottom when you scroll down. Or even all the way at the top, that would work too.

>get the theme that came with FF7
>Aerith theme
>button sounds are FF sounds
Fucking nice
>background is dark as fuck, can't see the buttons, and it has AC Cloud
>can't change it
Fuck

A combination of flat design trends and leveraging the home screen as ad space.

I didnt mind it, even if most space looked unused. Fucking hated ads that showed instead of that "xbox live" tile.

>free of bloat and loads games fast
a good trade-off

Is that a Duke Nukem quote?

>can only do 10 at a time
ree

I wish there was an option to mute the switch ui sounds and not ingame, they chose the most annoying sound effects for it.

This.
If the PS5 will play PS2/3 games, I'll buy it, at a later date. When it's cheaper.
Also some user "leaked" the specs of the next PS and Xbox, and if what he posted was true? Playstation is fucked. Xbox is pulling a pincer maneuver.

youtu.be/n3QPZlqtOgY
I quite like this one, it's one of the free themes you can get on the club Bandai Namco website

It's free on the Japanese PSN store, too.

>those animations
More like a Salt and Sanctuary theme, am I right?

This one's good, but shit lags my console like hell, when I turn it on, it yakes like 10 seconds to load fully.

*is even worse*

Attached: file.png (685x300, 301K)

Reminder that when it shipped it was touchscreen only too

you do know that just adding a theme doesn't change the fact that the UI is absolutely garbage

It's okay when Apple does it

Attached: 609073-watchos-5.jpg (810x456, 113K)

Who cares about soul? The real problem is:
>Shit to navigate because everything is in Auschwitz on the far right if you don't use it regularly
>Extremely laggy, as though the system itself wasn't even designed to run the OS on top of each game
>Almost every element is extremely reliant on internet connection, causing even MORE lag as you have to pause to load some shit from online
Bitching about the visuals is just getting nitpicky, the worst part of PS4's UI is that it's just clunky and fucking annoying at times.

>he doesn’t have the free limited Winjammers theme
Fucking loser

The live area for each app is great tho but the bubbles are indeed retarded

Attached: 3064_original.png (639x477, 162K)

Meh, it just works.

This is the one

PS4 has shit ton of themes and everything you need you have on screen. Switch too was bland, but at least you can get themes on modded one

Attached: 20190609_085915.jpg (4032x3024, 2.99M)

God teir

>8gb of GDDR5 ram
>store constantly crashes and stalls like the average british motorist

Attached: jeremy-clarkson vietnam.png (451x378, 196K)

Soul

Based
This flat design trend makes my blood boil. I fucking hate it so much

Attached: DV8k6-eVQAAQEww.jpg (1200x542, 54K)

You should have left at 3.

People actually liked this? All the fucking pointless icons pissed me off, I just want one spot for the games and one spot for the settings. The rest of it can fuck off

I think the PS4 was a big step up in terms of exclusives, but the direction they're going with now I have no interest in following

The PS4 has less and less quality exclusives than the PS3

Babies first console

>If the PS5 will play PS2/3 games
Absolutely no fucking way. There's a reason why it'll be BC with 4 out of the box. It's the exact same architecture, just more powerful hardware. That means 3 is out of the questions, and I don't see why they should integrate 1/2 emulation when they can just sell you these games for the third (3rd) fucking time. Just remember that PS2 classics you bought on PS3 cant be downloaded on PS4 before you give them the benefit of the doubt. At best they'll integrate PSNow into PS+, but forget about hardware emulation.

PS4 has fucking dogshit compared to the PS3

don't samefag my bro

have had both a ps4 and a pro and this has literally never happened

>he can't tell who are samefags
SAD

is thAT KNAAAACK?

This, really. That sweet spot where the Internet was in the public consciousness but sanity was still valued.

>want to do anything besides play one of the last ten games you’ve played, including checking achievements, network information, update information, or available dlc)
>enjoy 30 gorillion seconds of loading and the occasional UI glitch, faggot. Hope you enjoy our shitty advertisements
>also if you want to watch YouTube or Netflix or twitch or whatever don’t scroll too far or we’ll take you to a pointless menu that’s like the one you’re in but vertical instead :^]]]]]]

I blame Apple for the minimalism meme

>not dark theme
Ew.

This post is very funny

Post gaming systems with good “home menu” UIs

The 3ds has a pretty good one

Attached: 6F8F2945-16BA-4E03-B9B4-FE43F4EBA826.png (300x272, 89K)

Yoji Shinkawa + ominous sound

youtube.com/watch?v=nzcZ-WOM1q0

Best PS4 theme to ever exist IMO
youtube.com/watch?v=GZauGmdufLU

The first time I used this I felt like I was in a spy movie, it was so sleek and clean
The PS4 (and Xbone) UI feels like I'm shopping for pants from the Gap

Attached: 1544123022516.png (500x820, 143K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ylxgaUkNZqU

Hey Yea Forums give me a cool ps4 theme, I've been using P5 Makoto for ages, I'm kinda tired

Attached: 1559410457460.gif (300x300, 3.02M)

Metal Slug theme

>Switch has no background music in home screen or store

Soulless

Attached: 1534412251503.png (384x212, 122K)

That isn't the switch UI.

Does she take a strawberry dump

soul

Attached: epicgameslauncher.jpg (1440x1078, 257K)

>filename

Remember folding@home for PS3?
youtube.com/watch?v=gNfGBGNGYxE

if only it didn't have ugly ass igor in the back