Better or worse than Sonic Forces?

Better or worse than Sonic Forces?

Attached: Sonic-Lost-World-Wallpapers-0.jpg (1920x1080, 897K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bE9Vg0rG31Y
youtu.be/cvA_t2p54gE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8cLe9ZUh1w
youtube.com/watch?v=KS_6_6P3yaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i mean... it's better, but

06 is better than forces so...

Close call.
Lost World feels more polished than Forces, but I'm gonna say Forces is more enjoyable to mindlessly boost through half the time.

And at least you can laugh at the story of Forces and Infinite. Deadly Six are a snore.

Reminder that NOBODY likes boost mechanics.

Day Unleashed was great though.

No it's fucking not. At least Forces is playable.

Attached: 1544060844897.png (216x350, 60K)

You did torrent Zor's game, right Yea Forums?

Attached: Zor.png (444x444, 238K)

Sonic Lost World is a fun game

>a fucking run button in a sonic game
what kind of fucking crack was sega snorting when they made this game

Attached: 1560027117594.jpg (320x320, 17K)

Neither are good games, but Lost World didn't rely on nostalgia and was a drastic change of pace.
Don't get me started on the stories though.

>Neither are good games
Let me guess, your an adventure fan?

The Parkour system they put in would be fucked without it.
Real issue was Sonic's acceleration, or lack thereof, along with how he handles turns is completely awful.

Worse, it feels too much like Mario.
Forces is the embodiment of what non-fans see Modern Sonic as tho.

Attached: CringeBeforeZavok.jpg (1331x287, 87K)

Sonicfags really would fuck anything this shit series shits out

I prefer Lost World in some ways, because it at least tried something different rather than ruining a formula by making it literally exactly what people meme about. But I'm not a huge fan of either game

06 was trying to do something different, forces didn't even have any excuses for being a rushed piece of shit, 06 did have

Attached: Silver.png (729x936, 1.23M)

I would say worse as it felt like the controls fought you in the later half of LW

Lost World is like somebody made a game based off a shitpost about Modern Sonic's schizophrenic nature. Sonic seems to control mildly differently every screen transition. The story teeters between baby jokes and underdeveloped attempts at edge. Sonic becomes the helicopter flash game for two stages for reasons nobody can comprehend. The only way I can rationalize any of this is that they knew that this game wouldn't sell anything being stuck on Wii U so they just decided to do whatever.
I won't pick between Lost World or Forces because it's trash vs shit who gives a fuck

Can't believe Sonic is in another big slump in main titles, after Generations which was now all the way back in 2011.

Forces is the absolute worst the boost formula has to offer, but lost world is not a sonic game
>no momentum
>mario esque overworlds
>stock world themes
>one-dimensional villains with the leader resembling bowser to a looser extent
>large array of linear levels instead of a huge level with branching paths
>Wisps are used as context sensetive powerups much like 3D era mario
>cartoonier vibe compared to any other sonic game that came before it or since

06 is completely playable if you don’t suck at video games

Worse in every way
>introducing a run button in sonic

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Better. Still not enjoyable, though.

the parkour was fun as fuck, but everything alse about lost world makes me wanna puke
>a run button
>shitty enemy redesigns
>movement is all fucked
>animal collection
>mario world aesthetics
>the least consistent writing in a video game ever
>run button
>wisps are back for no fucking reason
>no momentum at all
>sonic's design was changed again
>a fucking RUN BUTTON
at least the boost was gone

Attached: 1549057067954.png (150x200, 41K)

3ds Lost World yes.
Wii U Lost World maybe.

Dont forget the Bowser chase seen after Zarvok phase two fight.
Oh and the rematch with Zeena might as well be Super Mario World a Koopaling fight

Unleashed
SA1
Heroes
Generations
SA2
Forces
Lost World
Colors

This mario kishimoto guy cant make a game to save his life. The modern games are absolute fucking ass because of this guy

3ds Lost world is an evil void of a trap the first 3 stages are really fun then the game just turns into a dark purgatory of gates and 30 min long stages

Attached: months.jpg (400x392, 98K)

fuck you i liked them

He wasn't involved in half of those.

Attached: file.png (819x871, 182K)

Lost World isn't a broken mess at least.

I know not all. But all the modern games besides unleashed and generations suck. Colors is unironically one of the worst games ive ever played due to its sheer blandness. It was like playing a nes megaman game. Its sad how that awful awful game dictated the future of the series. The good news is that no one cares about sonic anymore and it struggles to even reach a million in sales per game. I hate modern sonic

Why exactly is it so hard to make a good 3D Sonic game? Is it just that hard or is it the companies fault? What would it take to make a good 3D Sonic game?

Because people like keep getting promoted.

3DS Lost World has the controls done much better, ironically enough. Its the game where Sonic controls like I would expect with the run button.
But I agree the levels end up becoming horrible slogs.

Lost World is totally fine and had great mechanics with level design that falls to shit in the second half.

You can torture a person for months then put them in solitary confinement. Some might say solitary confinement is a kind of torture.
especially if the person in there bases his entire identity over how fast he can go.

Forces has somewhat better voice direction, that's not saying much though, and Lost World isn't push to win, but it's more of a chore than challenging. Forces at least is somewhat enjoyable the first time only, then you realize the game playes by itself. The music is much better in Forces too.

Attached: 1481942203523.jpg (249x140, 5K)

>The music is much better in Forces too.
Hard disagree. Forces' OST is one of the worst in the Sonic series.

Does anyone else enjoy insanely edgy characters? I feel like info it’s couldve been a good villain but they fucked it up and we’ll never see him again

And Sonic walks out in full physical health making wise cracks like he was in there for 30 minutes.

Disagree, Lost World has some amazing songs that I still hum along to. Forces not as many, it gets ruined by the synths and the overuse of dubstep and trap

He's a tough nut to crack

06 is literally an unfinished alpha version of a game that was released at full price.

Lost World at least has great music.

youtube.com/watch?v=bE9Vg0rG31Y

And it's still a more enjoyable experience than Hold Boost for 60 Seconds: The Game.

>Sonic's design was changed again
he has different shade of blue and different spin model and running animation but otherwise it's a subtle redesign

Lost World wasn't even bad. I still don't see why people act like it's 06-tier.

Because HURRRR SUPER SONIC GALAXY THEY CHANGED THE CONTROLS IT'S RUINED NOW.

Yep. youtu.be/cvA_t2p54gE

would have made more sense if sonic was in a coma/put in stasis for the vast majority of that time

Attached: IMG_20190531_142140.jpg (567x578, 58K)

I kinda wish this meme that sonic is always about moving fast at all times would die.
S1-3&k is about having a high skill cirling that allowed you to go fast as fuck if you knew the levels and physics well. But before that its just a open ended platformer with bits of fast put in.

Adventure2 style levels cna work of theres just more paths and secrets like in the older games. Make it a challenge to stay on the upper paths that reward you with lives etc.
I dont know why we went from simple but enjoyable linesr 3d levels to boost shit. Boost is alright in unleashed and a little less so in Generations but still okay. The rest sucked.
I wouldn’t mind that being a small portion of the level, being a “boost section” or just being different levels all together. But a game of just boost gets old fast. Especially if it’s burdened with cancer-physics 2d portions.

I was convinced anyone who said Lost World was bad was just shit at the game when there was that one review video (I believe it was IGN) that shat on the game even though the guy was terrible at the game to the point where you'd question if he was dying on purpose. Like, it was almost as bad as the Cuphead reviewer who couldn't even jump over that column in the fucking tutorial of the game.

I can only recall 2 nice songs in Lost World, it's so forgettable I cannot remember other good music in Lost World but this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8cLe9ZUh1w
youtube.com/watch?v=KS_6_6P3yaQ

Meant this user

I would rather have decent music that is ultimately forgettable over music that is actively aggravating to listen to. Every vocal track in Forces makes me want to jam sharpened pencils into my ears.

Im that user and I already posted it ITT, but, Dr. Eggman Showdown is fucking great too, but you barely get to hear most of it because the boss is piss easy

I would love a sequel with more polished parkour controls and level design that isn't floaty islands.

>Dr. Eggman Showdown
I'm surprised, it's pretty fucking great.

Attached: 1466491374393.gif (400x302, 476K)

It's definitely not in the same league as Solaris, Perfect Dark Gaia, or Nega Wisp Armor, but still a damn good song

I don't think Lost World is as bad as people make it out to be. 3D/modern Sonic never really caught a permanent footing, unlike Classic Sonic. Every console generation gives Modern Sonic some different style of gameplay, and this was no exception. I think what happened was they finally found a formula for Modern Sonic that "worked" in Generations, so Sonic Team being their usual inconsistent self was instead seen as a huge step backwards.

Anyway, back to Lost World itself. It has a lot of offensive qualities, but I can at least say I played it, and never got "frustrated" with it. I didn't find glitches that often, and none of the stages (for my skill level) came across as intolerably difficult or annoying. It's not like Sonic Adventure 1 where I'm fighting the camera a third of the time, and having to do an entire story mode in a less interesting gameplay mode than Sonics for more than, at worst, a few minutes. By the time I finished Lost World, I found its most offensive quality was that it was mediocre with a lot of missed opportunity, but I can't say it's bad with a straight face.

But fuck the sloppy 3D wall running and having to run on the corners of walls to get Red Rings. That was some incoherent bullshit.

Attached: 1530094486575.jpg (348x333, 39K)