Only one can be correct, they can't coexist. Pick one

Only one can be correct, they can't coexist. Pick one.

Attached: 1527435906624m.jpg (909x1024, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

guess

Fallout 3 is fine I guess

They can retard. Back to remedial English.

Fuck off obsidian shill.

it's garbage, 1 and 4 are the best games in the series, don't argue

the one above

Garbage can still be better than you think.
Like, I don't get what you mean OP.

it could be both garbage and better than I think.

you mean 2 and 3

The real Fallout experience.
New vegas is just a western desertic expansion

you mean Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel

I feel kind of like a racist jerk for saying this, but I find it almost impossible to watch the "better than you think" video because of his stupid, annoying accent. It sounds ridiculous. Do most people where he's from really talk like that?

Fallout 3 is bad and hbomberguy is a disingenuous piece of shit

Attached: 73708b5cf654cde80117810863667247c.jpg (2798x1488, 2.86M)

banned :)

>1 and 4 are the best
low quality bait

Attached: 1558882120587.png (600x524, 196K)

Thread is a repost, doesn't matter what my opinion is when I see this fucking thread every 2-3 days.

Yea Forums is an echochamber

america is gay and fat
and black

t. ESL
[GAME] can still be garbage but better than you think [GAME] is, be it shit or wherever other term or thing you deem to be lower than garbage, like your thread for example.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

I guess the "british" accent can work both ways: make you seem annoying, or make you seem smart ie sergin

Saying Fallout 3 and onwards are great or shit doesn't mean anything since they have no actual competition

Metro series is close, that does the shooting and graphics better but everything else worse

It's garbage (and here's why)

The cryptids of 76 are objectively cool

Attached: Grafton-monster.jpg (2000x1133, 437K)

Fallout 3 is alright, specially in a world where Fallout 76 exist.

It is definitely better than most of Yea Forums thinks and is not garbage.

It still doesn't hold a candle to New Vegas.

Fallout 3 is better than you think if we include Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 in the mix

What if I think it's far worse than garbage, when in fact it is only garbage, no worse than that?

No, Fallout 3 is garbage. Just because there's a bigger pile of garbage doesn't change that.

It was dogshit

Attached: f3-destroy yourself.webm (768x480, 2.68M)

They can, which makes Fallout 3 average.

ITT Obsidian cock suckers

>Think Fallout 3 is rancid garbage
>It's actually just regular garbage, thereby being better than I think
There

better than "if you're in the east you can't be at the west" lanius bullshit

I like how they basically ripped off the encounter with the Master, only they made it dumber because in the original you had to actually present evidence

Fallout 3 destroyed Fallout as an RPG genre.

Just look at what they did to Luck. They absolutely butchered it.

>no success rolls of any kind (hit, critical chance, gambling, random encounters)
>only VATs has Action Points (don't get me started on Fallout 4's zoom-in ability and sprint. It is straight up ripped from Skyrim. At this point you may even call rename it to Stamina in Fallout 4.)
>the removal of random encounters after implementing open world ("b-b-but the original Fallouts were open world". Shut up nigger. The original Fallout games has randomly chosen maps with random enemies. Loot containers were random.)
>no Traits (Bethesda is for casual normies. Permanent negative status effects? not on Todd's watch)

Attached: 1459177737192.png (772x1364, 1.28M)

Replayed FO3, it's surprisingly enjoyable, especially after the subtle hint of excrement 4 left in my mouth, who would've thought.

Also fuck hbomberguy.

Attached: 1559376082437.jpg (652x315, 87K)

I'm a die-hard Fallout 1 and 2 fan but to me, Fallout 3 was alright. The side quests and NPC are mostly good, some Vaults have interesting stories (like the one with the B&W matrix), and the world design is not that bad. Of course it's not a 1:1 rendition of the original Fallout games but it does have its merits.
Its biggest problem is that's a typical Bethesda game : the combat and RPG mechanics are flawed like always, and the main quest line is boring (except some stuff like Liberty Prime of course).

Are you saying there's something wrong with sucking cock?

If President Evil's plan was basically to poison the water supply then why did he need a water purifier to do it

>Fallout 3 destroyed Fallout as an RPG genre.
obsiniggers actually think fallout is a genre holy shit not even kojimatards are this dumb

Attached: f1.png (2916x2682, 2.02M)

Attached: f2.png (957x1037, 165K)

I like FO3 because despite FO New Vegas improvements there were huge empty desert areas with 0 atmosphere. FO3 had me "immersed" with american culture the whole playthrough.

I like both a lot, they are my favorite games and I played them on release and as I aged multiple times on different platforms. I think I have over 1000 clocked, both are great.

Fuck Fallout 4 and fuck bethesda for ever

Attached: Bethesda's Fallout.png (798x2904, 282K)

Its just how fucking quick it rolls over and concedes you're right.
The Master right up to the evidence coming out refused to listen to any argument you made and even with the evidence clearly had a hard time accepting it.
"Leave now while you still have hope" still fucking haunts me

i'm talking about the pen-and-paper style RPG format but in video game form.

you can't get prompts (speech checks that involve skill levels), interact with items, roll for success. it's all gone at the beginning of Fallout 3.

Attached: f3.jpg (1609x3554, 2.4M)

the dude in the video talks really fast and without breathing which makes him sound insufferable. Most people don't talk like that

Honestly the saving grace of 3 is that Fallout 4 exists

At leat it had skill checks and didn't try to force an already established protagonist on you.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1528473415748.jpg (804x5223, 2.09M)

>convince a general that his forces are already overextended as it is and that he doesn't have the logistics to push any further
>he doesn't even surrender or give up, just says "I'll be back"
What exactly is wrong with it?

Imagine being this stupid.

Is that the hbomberguy one? He's pretty insufferable in general desu, I can't get through any of his videos.

>Supermutants in New Vegas
>Leftovers from the Master's army who dispersed and live different lives, some of them will mention being in the Master's army, others like Tabitha or Marcus start their own settlements

>Supermutants in Fallout 3
>Uh we need bad guys and this is a fallout game, let's throw supermutants in

>Enclave in New Vegas
>Retired remnants of the original Enclave who will reminisce about their times there, some regret it and some don't, in the end even though they were working for the Enclave they were all still people just doing their jobs

>Enclave in Fallout 3
>Uh we need bad guys and this is a fallout game, let's throw the Enclave there. Oh and they took over everything like a dystopia and there's propaganda spread by eyebots but at the same time they're a mysterious threat that barely show up until later like in fallout 2

>Brotherhood of Steel in New Vegas
>A continuation of the BoS in Fallout 2, they are slowly dying out as more and more of the wasteland is acquiring technology, including raiders and the NCR

>Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3
>Uh we need good guys and this is a fallout game, let's throw the brotherhood of steel there

Why is Fallout 3 even called Fallout 3? It's barely even a sequel at all

Paladins vs Orcs...and the Enclave is somehow still alive

Autism

So you fight the Good Fight with your voice on Galaxy News Radio.

Any game made with Gamebryo is shit and the only reason anyone plays them is because they are mod sandboxes.

Attached: 1408582358766.webm (720x480, 1.06M)

The best part of Fallout 3 is the Mesmertron. It's a shame there aren't any decent mesmertron mods for the other Fallouts.

It was made like that to introduce new players to the concept

both of them are british

Attached: 1521553764962.png (423x500, 313K)

Bethesda needs better writers.

Attached: 1462155506981.jpg (2250x1000, 947K)

>when will it end?
>yeah you're right i'll stop now
how is this better?

>waaaah why didn't the game hold my hand the whole way and treat me like a literal toddler just like in fallout 3
what a crybaby

Attached: fallout in a nutshell.png (945x1185, 565K)

Wasn't that whole thing pointing out that they'd be making the same mistake the Roman Empire did?
Lanius also straight up fucking tells you once he's secured his territory he'll be back.

Hbomberguy is a fucking chaser and a fag.

Literally nothing about OP's post suggests he prefers New Vegas, you fucking idiot.

Fucking BASED

Fallout NV plot is that of a basic Western.

Quest starts with something mundane and protagonists ends up resolving a major dispute between some groups as he wanders through the desert until finding the town where said dispute happens

Yes they can

nuh uh

Shit's not racist, british accents are annoying as fuck

>Bitching about the map maker that acts the same way in 3.
Is he retarded

Opinions can't coexist? Calm down there Mao.

The super mutants in 3 are a different failed strain who only have one vague sense of purpose left in their destroyed mental state: the continuation of their species. For this they take humans and expose them to vault 87's FEV. But they've run out of FEV and are searching for vaults to find more because that's all they know. It's explained why they leave Little Lamplight alone. You can overhear super mutants saying they need strong humans otherwise the process fails and results in the failed FEV subjects you see as corpses in vault 87.

The Enclave is structured around President Eden after he grew self aware and contacted some remnants from the Oil Rig. Autumn and Eden have different plans which is why they're at odds. Autumn genuinely believes in the Enclave's mission to 'revive America' but obviously still wants the Enclave in charge. He isn't as extreme and doesn't support Eden's plan to disperse a strain of FEV into the purifier to kill all 'mutants'. Telling him that Eden went behind his back and gave you the vial is one way of getting him to leave peacefully during the ending.

The Brotherhood's different goals are explained in great detail. They're not the good guys 'just because'. Every game, including 1, 2 and NV say that the Brotherhood opening up to the outside is the only chance it has of surviving. The Brotherhood's 'best' ending in every game is the one where the player convinces them of opening up to the outside. Lyons' Brotherhood came to the very same conclusion, just without the player's help.me Instead of repeating the same plot basic plot and then resetting like what 2 and NV did. Lyons says that the West Coast elders think he's grown to attached to the wastelanders, which he admits. A huge chunk of Lyons' Brotherhood deserted and formed the Outcasts. This is not the main focus of the game's plot (which is a good thing as I liked having to discover all the plot elements related to the Outcasts by actually playing and exploring).

Attached: 4A7E3D8B-6EA9-4F3F-98A4-89B508A8C9FD.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Both statements can be correct at the same time. That being said, the top video does an awful job at trying to prove that point.

Fallout 3 is the last actually good game Bethesda has made.

Remember the republic of Dave? Completely off of the beaten path area that most people only found on their 4th or 5th play-though. Still has a fleshed out quest-line tied specifically to it, in which if the player messes with the Ballad boxes while Dave is tallying the votes in order to make him lose his own election, Dave goes Nuclear and goes off to found a new republic of Dave in the middle of death claw town where once arrived he promptly tells you to fuck off and attacks you.

Is that Shamus?

It does a better job than BasedBomberGoy

I disagree.

Disagree with this *unzips your pants*

These kinds of videos are fucking stupid. And they seem to be popping up more often. Not just about videogames, but about other media too. Are people really looking to get their opinion from other places? I played FO3 when it first came out. I enjoyed it then, but I’ll never play it again. It served its purpose.

You do raise a good point.

games are good until i say they aren't

Every Betheshit game after Morrowind is trash.

I think you mean after Daggerfall

Let's be friends.

It's garbage but it's fun garbage.
anyone who unironically defends this game is a retard.

None of the 3D Fallouts are good games. NV gets points for characters and story, but the gameplay is still console babby dogshit for retards. If you disagree you're wrong and likely mentally handicapped.

It's sad that no other RPG has evidence as a requirement to pass speech checks. It was a neat twist that blindly passing skill checks lead to Dean hating you in DM though.

Even as a britbong myself I think hbomberguy sounds like a massive faggot

Attached: 1559163032959.jpg (800x800, 150K)

Fallout 3 could have been good but they had no cohesion in their world building.
Like for example in the rivet city infirmary you can see a terminal entry that says no one can eat fish out of the river because they get serious radiation poisoning if they do.
But just up the river is a mirelurk farm where they farm meat out of the river with no problems.

Im sure 76 will be a pretty good game once people can host their own servers and have mod tools.

>FO3 had me "immersed" with american culture
Ah yes, the much vaunted American culture of grey ruins and grey desert with green filter.

It was immersive in that it was a shithole full of guns and retards, yeah

overthinking

>imagine the kind of person you have to be to take the time and write all that stupid shit, probably giggling like a retard and thinking "im such a master troll xd"

Fact: Fallout 3 is a good game and it's better than nv

hbomberguy is literally incapable of ever being correct

Fact: You're a disappointment and your parents regret having you

Fact: This joke about pretending 3 is better then NV to bait replys is forced and not funny.

his plan wasnt to poison the water his plan was trick people in to drinking what they though was purified water to kill them. thats why it needed the purifier

Fallout 3 Is Better Than You Think

Attached: 1502392889839.jpg (2941x3000, 1.31M)

There's valid criticisms of both, but I think the middleground is that Fallout 3 was an OK game for its time, but fails to live up to the complexity or intrigue of its predecessor, and is easily surpassed in quest and gameplay design by New Vegas.

That said, Fallout 3 is a good game, just not one I'll ever have desire to play again. There's just nothing that it brings that other games have done better, and the story itself is pretty mediocre.

One criticism of the hbomb video that I have is the criticism of the intro sequence, which I only think is valid if you're starting a new game and don't want to play through it again. Playing it for the first time though it's alright.

I always watch videos on 2x speed so people's voices sound way better 90% of the time

AaronClarey for example

Attached: 1476488609236.jpg (960x946, 105K)

metro is a completely and utterly different game from both fallouts in everything except the general setting (post nuke apocalypse with mutants). Fallout is an RPG, Metro is just your standard FPS / stealth game.

use sΩy

fallout 3 is the beginning of the slippery slope toward 76

It's water. They're going to drink it anyways. Why not just let the purifier do its job then poison the water

Shit makes no sense

Didn't Many A True Nerd get doxxed for defending Fallout 3? Are people really that autistic when it comes to opinions?

>Are people really that autistic when it comes to opinions?

Attached: 1543526989302.png (644x644, 936K)

I'd be very happy if 76 managed to redeem itself by November

hbomberguy is the one saying F3 is shit dummies
with that said they both have very grating voices, but the guy with the amazingly shit taste (aka that f3 is good) has the worse voice by far

i agree with the reasonably worded and level headed post
with that said FUCK fallout 3 if you like that PIECE OF SHIT game KILL YOURSELF

Super mutants in 3 are different on purpose. Its covered very well in matn's video.

these people make wank videos to give you confirmation bias, so you will click their shit

Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas are garbage, it's just that NV has better writing.

i prefer the real kino

Attached: truekino.jpg (649x372, 84K)

Adding a single vial into the river directly isn't going to do anything. The purifier infects all the water that flows out of it.

This is like adding why Mordin didn't just dump the genophage cure into the air instead of needing the Shroud Tower to do it.

But the writing in NV is shit.

>I'm retarded, please give me the attention my parents never did!!!

And it's better than 3. What's your point?

FALLOUT 3 IS BROKEN
then proceed to have a video full of memes and shitty glitches

How is it shit?

I would love to see a remade/remastered Fallout 3 someday. It's the best of the modern Fallout games when it comes to an absolutely destroyed, desolate, hopeless wasteland, and that appeals to me a lot personally. The Vegas area didn't look nearly as bad, and Fallout 4/76 look outright pretty in a lot of areas. (Not regarding the game's graphics, don't be a smartass, you know what I mean)

I would like to revisit a particularly shit area in the Fallout univer- wait I can just mod 3 to look good.

Nevermind.