Just finished this. Why I am crying?

Just finished this. Why I am crying?

Attached: Persona-963130.jpg (590x350, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c
youtube.com/watch?v=SXYdgfXyYqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because you didn't finish P3 before it

But I did

holy shit based

Attached: 1555881307670.gif (480x320, 211K)

The main menu's piano still makes me cry, and I played it years ago

Hey user
youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c
time to cry like a bitch again

because you got the bad ending like me

Attached: 1550990855944.png (310x416, 152K)

Because tou are a weeb faggit and likely didn't have a lot of friends in high school

This, op is just a P4 baby ready to complain about the previous games

This

Good question, P4 has a pretty normal ending
Yu has to go back to Tokyo, yeah, but he can just visit the team during school breaks, which he does in P4G's true ending
Same pretty much goes to P5, Joker is going home but they do a road trip before it and he can just come to visit the crew whenever he has some time

Meanthefuckwhile in P3 you fucking die and are mourned by your friends
P2 is thematically worse than that because they are completely erased from the universe and no one remembers them

gay

Because even your body knows you're playing a shit game.

Persona is a glorified VN, therefore it is not vidya.

It's the ending song

dumbass
Having to say goodbye to your friends is sadder than dying

Good question, user. The true ending is really sweet, I guess, but I played this shit when I was 16 and still thought it was a too generic anime.

P3 is shit though.

Persona 4 has a more realistic ending than Persona 3 which is why it hits harder. Moving away from your friends and not being able to see them again for a long time is a real thing that happens to people. Dying to save the world and becoming a magical door to the underworld or whatever isn't something I can really relate to

>Having to say goodbye to your friends is sadder than dying
???
nigga japan is fucking tiny, yu and ren can visit their friends any fucking day of the week

They were a fun bunch of friends who didn't fucking hate each other.

Don't worry, I cried at the end of p4 too. It hit too close to home and really felt like leaving a group of friends. p3 ending wasn't nearly as sad.

Because it reminded me of the crew i hung out with in hs, barring the girls and murders and super powers

They weren't really friends. They hated each other. Only the MC and Yosuke were friends.

Good thing the last few months of P3 are designed to make you feel like shit so it's ending can land better
Also it's ending song is designed to make you cry, just look at it's lyrics

By this point I'm convinced that people who think P4 or P5's endings are sad just don't have friends.

Both endings are literally happy. They aren't even bittersweet. How old are you that you're so unfamiliar with the prospect of leaving behind a good friend that watching some anime characters do it makes you cry? C'mon user.

Why do you think it happens a full month after the final boss, and is presented as if you're just falling asleep? They were trying to make it real.

Haha imagine falling in love with a video game character.

Attached: 1558648339854.png (960x544, 792K)

literal child

because you're a lonely morbidly obese homosexual with terrible taste in "video games"

not that "weeb high school dating, friendship, and suicide simulator 3" can reasonably be called a video game, but there's no reasoning with you normie casuals. just go cry and jerk off to your body pillow of a 14-year old.

Attached: DoctorGaming.jpg (300x173, 9K)

Because you never had fulfilling relationships in high school? Not that you have them now, since you sublimate with weeb games.

The Persona 3 ending isn't well delivered and I know for a fact that a lot of people didn't realise the MC was dying until the credits began.

dumbass

You're confusing 4 with 5, user.

>I know for a fact that a lot of people didn't realise the MC was dying until the credits began.
How is this the game's fault? The literal fucking intro of the game spams "memento mori" in your face.

This, a shinkansen can go from oosaka to tokyo in under 3h
even a normal train ride can get you anywhere withing a day or two, travel there is not an issue

>that montage of all the characters spending one last month together ending with Yu looking at a framed group photo of everyone as he packs shit up, all set to the menu music
Just fucking thinking about that scene makes me feel emotional

Attached: Cry.jpg (664x955, 295K)

that was 80 hours of poorly-paced narrative ago

Sounds like the player's fault then.

>poorly-paced
I'll give you that though. Persona 3 is a lot of things, but well paced it is not.

Because you never had friends like them

>Why I am crying?
Put the controller down and go back to school for fucks sake.

>Put the controller down
He just finished the game, user. I'm sure he already has.

I think it's sad because its more of a You saying goodbye to them than Yu.
Yu can go and visit any time, but You can only replay the same game over and over again.

Because you know P5 ruined a good franchise

that's gay

Attached: d2.png (558x382, 217K)

OLD GOOD NEW BAD

Attached: angry gamer.png (370x489, 124K)

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong thread, the "Persona # is not good thread" is 2 catalogue rows down.

Attached: 1556059339480.png (559x474, 1.01M)

>Realistic
>Jrpg
Bad bait P4 baby

I only played it in like 2016 but fuck it hurts
youtube.com/watch?v=SXYdgfXyYqs

Fucking this. The P5 cast had the worst chemistry together by far.

Play 2 & 3 then come back P4 baby

It was all down to Makoto being a fucking downer. She literally ruins the entire game.

NEVER MORE

Why are people blaming Makoto and giving her so much shit? She's bland at worst and yet people act like she's the reason why p5 is shit
If anything, Morgana is way worse than Makoto
Makoto isn't why the cast has no chemistry, they just don't because the writing is shit

>The P5 cast had the worst chemistry together by far.
That's P3's cast though.

Spot the zoomer who has only played the two most recent Persona games.

Persona 4 is literally the only cast that's all buddy buddy. The casts in these games literally don't get along, that's not the point of them. Glad you liked your faggy Scooby Doo troupe but maybe this isn't the franchise for you dude.

Fpbp

>Wanting the cast to have chemistry between them is wrong
Chemistry is always important, even if we're talking about rivals and not just friends because otherwise, it makes everything worse
Are you a fucking retard?

t. never had a close friend die

>3deep5me
fuck off faggot, makoto's death was the best shit in the series because it actually made you feel something
Yu returning to his home city wasn't just expected, it was said at the very beggining of the game

Attached: 1518824545634.jpg (700x719, 47K)

But Persona 5's writing is literally the worst out of them all. Unless you preferred plot points that just happened explained to you again via group text. In that case you're a fucking no brained nigger.

In 3 and 4, every addition to the team felt well thought out and intentional, although 4 is given an advantage thematically. There was not a single underdeveloped character in either game and they had a fuck ton of chemistry, they all would talk to each other and it felt like they had gotten to know each other. Which is important considering bonds have been the new direction of this series. P5 was so bad at this, it tried to be like P4’s cast but fell on its face.

Thanks for admitting that you're a fucking 19 year old who started playing the series at 4.
>But Persona 5's writing is literally the worst out of them all.
Writing quality has nothing to do with chemistry among the main cast.

Also imagine not playing Persona 1 but still thinking you can safely claim P5 has the worst writing.

>In 3 and 4, every addition to the team felt well thought out and intentional
Literal fucking dog and 10 year old in your party = well thought out.
Talking bear = well thought out.

No Persona game past 2 has a "well thought out" party, they're all silly anime casts.

>There was not a single underdeveloped character in either game and they had a fuck ton of chemistry
I'm glad to know Yosuke and Teddie aren't underdeveloped even though they literally are.

> P5 was so bad at this
In what way? Hard mode: try not to just say "old good new bad" even though I know you so badly want to do it.

You fucking faggots are all trying so hard to seem cool and contrarian but nobody buys it. There is no elitism over Persona, go play SMT if you wanna be a JRPG snob.

It's literally the exact same shit very thinly repackaged as something else

>No Persona game past 2 has a "well thought out" party, they're all silly anime casts.
Don't pretend 1 and 2 aren't guilty of this either. These are dumb anime games with a target audience of teenagers and manchildren who enjoy that sort of thing.

>Writing quality has nothing to do with chemistry among the main cast

Attached: 1556241425200.jpg (682x548, 43K)

You've spent a year in-game with a colorful cast of characters and have developed bonds with them but now that your time is up, you must say goodbye and leave.
While lorewise Yu is able to comeback to visit anytime, Never More refers to the fact that Yu isn't apart of the everyday life of Inaba anymore.

I'm 28 that started with 5 because I never had a PS2 due to being a poorfag
Just because your uncle molested you and you only had P2 to keep you from killing yourself doesn't mean that the universal rules of good writing don't apply anymore

Wasn't Makoto dying also said in the opening?
I also never said that 4's ending was sadder than 3's like your implying I am.

Yosuke has a lot of dialogue that built his character and we got to see a lot of different sides to him. Like it or not that’s why people get attached to these characters.
>10 year old
That ten year old got a pretty good story arc along with shinji. The dog is literally an extra and he is a good boy so don’t do him like that.
And it’s not old good new bad. Anyone can tell you the chemistry in P5 was just not there. There was almost no banter.

Who did you date, user

Yosuke is still mentioning that stupid slut who fucking hated him throughout the entire game. He's still fucking devastated. He didn't forget or forgive Saki for being a piece of shit, but he still loved her.

They're all dumb and trope-y but at least they don't have dogs and talking bears in them.

Thanks for proving my point and then throwing on a middle school insult on top to prove it further.

You complained about plot points being divulged over group chat which has nothing to do with the chemistry of the main cast, correct.

>Yosuke has a lot of dialogue that built his character and we got to see a lot of different sides to him.
Name literally three times in the main plot where his character is developed that doesn't involve him gaining his Persona.

>That ten year old got a pretty good story arc along with shinji.
Doesn't matter, it's a literal 10 year old wielding a spear. P3's cast is not grounded or realistic whatsoever.

> The dog is literally an extra
Thanks for attempting to waive this criticism away but it's still valid. Again, P3's cast is not grounded or realistic. It's not supposed to be. No Persona cast is. Anyone who acts like P5's cast is any more awkwardly written/poorly assembled than the games before it is objectively incorrect.

>And it’s not old good new bad. Anyone can tell you the chemistry in P5 was just not there.
Oh, good, let me ask the critics and the millions of new fans who all adored the cast and see what they think.

>There was almost no banter.
Actually a false statement, play the game again.

Thank you for proving my point. He literally doesn't change or develop at all.

Chie aka the only good one

*Why am I crying?

Tell me then user, what chemistry does the Persona 5 cast have? Because they have zero. Their chemistry is the writing of the game. You fucking brain dead retard.

>Jojo References: The Videogame Game

Attached: jojo build.jpg (680x357, 38K)

>Thank you for proving my point. He literally doesn't change or develop at all.
But that's wrong. He changed by accepting what type of persona she was.

>I liked *thing* about P4
>BUT P3
every time

>play the game lol
Yes I loved the banter in the second half of the game, like when Ann said “okay” “got it” “cool” for 99% of her dialogue in the second half of the game despite her character being introduced as one who would be able to banter. The Hawaii trip fucking sucked, most events sucked, the characters hardly communicated and didn’t really act like HS students, and they were just boring as a group. This has been a gripe about the game since release.

its more like
>I liked "thing" about P#
>BUT P#
the Yea Forums persona community fucking sucks, including those who do this outside of Yea Forums

Weird way to spell naoto but ok

how bad are encounter rates on persona 2 IS psp? I'm going to play on easy btw

>but at least they don't have dogs and talking bears in them.
Of all the dumb shit across this entire series, the presence of a dog is what crosses some sort of line for you?

I watched P4 anime and golden before the P3 movies. I didn't even realise Makoto died at the end, I was just so confused. I guess I'm a retard then.

> guess I'm a retard then.
most people didn't even realize he was until the answer

>what chemistry does the Persona 5 cast have?

>ryuji
Foolhardy but loyal. Says stupid shit, effectively acting as the comedic relief, but occasionally has good ideas. Interprets the PT's cause as just fucking up old people.
>morgana
The cute mascot, a la Teddie. Exposition dumps with a little more personality than Teddie. Teddie had bear puns, Morgana at least drops endless banter with Ryuji.
>ann
Levelheaded but hapless. Doesn't have the brains to help out much, but tries to keep spirits up when necessary. Actually the plainest character in the cast though.
>yusuke
The philosophical one. Every other enemy you bump into gets a heaping pile of pretentious drivel dumped on their faces by this guy. He also has no money so every time someone talks about eating out he gets audibly excited. It's cute.
>makoto
The brains, obviously. A little stilted, but joins in the banter now and then. Motherly. Basically Mitsuru.
>futaba
Brains 2.0, but more of an idea person rather than a strategist. Awkward but in a quirky way rather than a socially incapable way.
>haru
90% of her character comes from her Mementos quotes which all reveal that she's borderline sadistic when killing shadows.

Speaking of Mementos quotes, literally just those alone are packed with enough personality to infer that the cast gets along well.

He doesn't accept her if he's constantly resenting her, dumbass.

You didn't fucking pay attention to it then because literally nothing you just said is actually true. I played through this game again two weeks ago, I'm telling you now that you're misremembering.

>This has been a gripe about the game since release.

On Yea Forums maybe, where good opinions go to die under the weight of contrarian faggots.

Yes? At least Teddie and Morgana have some kind of plot explanation. Koromaru is literally just a dog with a persona. Nobody explains why, or why the party chooses to let him come along. He's just there.

>Koromaru is literally just a dog with a persona. Nobody explains why
It is explained why though?

>The philosophical one. Every other enemy you bump into gets a heaping pile of pretentious drivel dumped on their faces by this guy.
Yusuke isn't like this at all, did the anime change his character or something?

>Morgana at least drops endless banter with Ryuji.
I think it was a little more than banter, at least early on.

Attached: 1550250890797.png (635x73, 11K)

Nigger, you didn't list any chemistry.You're really proving how dumb you are. And the Mementos dialogue is complete and utter shit.

Attached: 200% not nice.jpg (223x226, 7K)

>Yosuke didn't have a character arc because I said so

Attached: 1508305309571.gif (500x418, 957K)

lol. Hit me with that explanation, bud. I'll wait.

How bad is your memory? Literally 90% of the man's dialogue is like this.

>th-that doesn't disprove my shit points because i said so!
>th-the dialogue is bad! i say so and that makes it true! sh-shut up!
Fucking retard. Leave my board.

Are you mentally retarded? If a character feels a certain way about another character for 80 fucking hours, then they didn't develop.

She didn't even do anything to him, he's just a beta who latched onto her and got mad that she wasn't nice to him back. Yosuke's a bitch.

It doesn't though. They have zero chemistry together while in a group. Get the fuck out, newfag. I've been here longer than you and your shit taste.

fpbp
p
b
p

Attached: Persona4.png (1617x331, 32K)

>y-you're wrong! you're wrong because i said so! i'll reiterate my opinion so that you sound extra wrong!
>n-newfag!
I bet you started playing Persona at 4 and you started posting here in fucking 2013. Stop replying to me, you troglodyte.

>one theme of the game is about accepting one's faults
>didn't have a character arc

Persona 2, newfag.

Attached: 8d3aba820c8b58de25b9dcb41ba7f813722dee848935b39bcd4ec1aa93c9c6ea.gif (330x566, 768K)

>what if we write it so that characters can only develop by not developing? genius!
Plenty of the main cast face their shadows and grow as a result of it. Yosuke is not one of them. He's poorly developed.

>yosuke is not one of them
>being this wrong

God, I can smell the beads of sweat forming on your brow as you typed this, desperately hoping I wouldn't see through the lie.

But I did. Fucking kill yourself.

Bros... I thought Marie was supposed to be shit. Her poems are really cute...

Attached: 1534288319996.jpg (662x565, 30K)

You literally just said that Yosuke's character arc was him accepting his faults (e.g. hating Saki with all of his being and soul), and not changing as a result of it, dumbass. Can't you follow your own stupid fucking arguments?

>ren

lol, u mad. Keep replying, retarded newfag. I don't even care for (you)s

Because you're a sòyboy weeb who has no friends.

Attached: 1559422838124.jpg (243x270, 24K)

You beat P4 just recently too? I just finished it a few days ago, god what a heartwarming game. I'm gonna miss those guys.

Attached: 1560003031562.gif (500x340, 768K)

Wow, a true P5 apologist. You just listed the character concepts. Literally the problem with P5’s characters was the execution of those concepts. P5 has the lowest amount of chemistry between characters in the entire new wave of persona games. Period

>literally just regressing to "u mad"
Great movies, kid. Keep it up.
I'm glad Yea Forums's collective taste is such shit that someone who likes a universally-loved game is considered an apologist.

P4 is söy repellent.

>person makes a thread about a persona game, any persona game
>virgins turn the thread into a shitflinging contest over why x games is shit or y game is better within 5 goddamn posts

Why do you retards do this? Nobody can have fun talking about this franchise on this board anymore.

Attached: 1559974456329.jpg (416x274, 34K)

Didn't you regress to
>y-you're wrong! you're wrong because i said so! i'll reiterate my opinion so that you sound extra wrong! ?
Since you can't understand my viewpoint whatsover I can't help but think you're baiting hard. Or that Persona 5 was your first Persona to defend shit this much.

there was a nice thread a couple days ago that hit 500 posts without consolewars, it was really nice.

>watch the golden anime since i'm too lazy to replay the games
>marie is pointing the camera and asking questions
>it cuts to the kitchen
>Yu's face watching the whatever the fuck was going on in the cooking pot

Attached: 1556156262635.png (198x198, 60K)

>Didn't you regress to
I didn't regress to shit, dumbass, you asked me to provide an argument, I did, and then you literally just said "That doesn't count, you're still wrong" and called me mad.

Grow the fuck up you petulant manchild. Faggots like you and storm into every thread related to Persona just to bring up how cool you are for not liking P5, and then you pussy out the instant somebody argues with you. Just stop.

>Its the Adachi image pasta again
The guy fucking murdered people then started complaining that life isn't fair he doesn't get to complain.
Also I was really hoping it was the MD5 that would have had pages of times posted but oh well.

Attached: 1556492589082.png (632x2234, 282K)

>Interactions between characters
>Not part of the writing
What is so hard to understand, newfag? Stay mad, socially inept virgin.

Cope.

>>>>universally loved
If you want a hugbox so you can pretend like the game we anticipated for many years didn’t have flaws, go to reddit. Or if you’d like to face the unfortunate truth that P5’s biggest weakness was its characters after all of that hype then stay.

everyone else calls you an idiot and yet you still can't see it

Attached: 1510546047669.jpg (270x320, 18K)

Literally how? It's a dating sim/friendship simulator.

Attached: 1559787549773.jpg (590x531, 39K)

Innocent Sin and partially Eternal Punishment gave me that feel.

Oh, you're that dipshit? I literally responded to that horseshit. Your argument about bad writing was related to plot dumps in text messages which, A, weren't a real thing (basically zero important plot points are brought up specifically through texting, it's always just a wrap-up of some voiced cutscene that already happened), and B, have nothing to do with the interaction or chemistry between the characters. And, speaking of the group chat, characters constantly dropped funny lines and banter over the text messages, so good job continuing to prove that you literally just don't remember the writing or dialogue throughout the game and you're just parroting some hot take you developed 15 minutes after finishing it two years ago.

Argumentum ad populum. Don't you know better than to listen to Yea Forums about anything?

Those games were devastating. A well done bitter sweet ending though

The MC is too high test for söyboys to handle.

Persona 3 is overrated asf, dont get me wrong it’s a good game, but don’t act like your shit is better than anime scooby doo because it’s slightly ediger.
Both p3 and p4 are good games.

this board defends adachi because adachi is a representation of the majority of people who post on this site.
minus the murder aspect.

One of the few pieces of media where the blatant escapism totally sucked me in
P3 and P5 didn't do the same for me

Tatsuya didn't deserve it man. There's even some mobile spinoffs they made where they all remember so it's not like he only had to go through universe fuckery twice.

Do you honestly think that the writing does not encompass the way characters interact with each other?
Protip: it's the same thing
I can't believe you're this fucking dumb, user. I can feel that rage from behind my screen. I love it.

Attached: 6cdc70705b283e4e6849b0d86abdeb45.png (1000x1000, 727K)

>Why I am crying?
cringe

>Do you honestly think that the writing does not encompass the way characters interact with each other?
Jesus fucking christ, you're dense.

No, the dialogue specific to plot exposition does not encompass the entirety of the character interaction you goddamn troglodyte. How stupid are you?

P3 is underrated.

That's not my argument and you're so fucking dumb to not see that. You're not avin' a giggle are ya?

I hope you fucking die irl, not even fucking kidding.

>That's not my argument
It literally fucking is. Go back and read your first post. You said the chemistry is bad because the writing is bad. You bolstered this argument by saying plot dumps are thrown around like crazy in the group chat. I said plot dumps do not encompass the entirety of the character interactions within the game because, surprise, not all of the dialogue in this 100 hour jrpg is related to the plot, and 5% of it takes place over the text messages in the first place.

There, I just fucking summed up the conversation up to this point. Are we up to speed now or am I gonna have a fuckin aneurysm?

>implying that was me
fucking idiot

I hate you so much.

Attached: IMAGINE.png (310x281, 12K)

Attached: 1538525092928.png (1139x1079, 662K)

I can feel how mad you are and, like I said before you fucking idiot, I love it. You're an unlikable piece of shit person and I can tell exactly how your interaction with other humans has been.
Persona 5 is complete shit.

Attached: 1545662178862.png (850x720, 881K)

Are you the other nigger who pretended to get into the series at 2? You're still a dipshit, don't try so hard to act smart.

>pretend
ta-ta retard :^)

You'll fit in one day, fuckwit.

Attached: smug.png (181x220, 24K)

no u

>complains about "ren" but not "yu"

Attached: 11 - uVXBTvj.png (259x224, 43K)

Attached: 1548652145893.png (1165x1957, 2.73M)