Over 10% dislike to like ratio

youtube.com/watch?v=8939aURV9Dc
>Over 10% dislike to like ratio

Is that bad for youtube video standards on vidya gameplay reveals?

Attached: star-wars-jedi-fallen-order.png (600x597, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZfrUplVxAX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People don't like it? Seems the best EA shat out for some time.

Even though the game looks like shit, do they have to also model the characters from actors that look like shit too? Makes no sense, what is going on with the west?

Games are a work of fiction, not real life. When will they fucking learn?

Clearly just ripped assets from Battlefront 2, even combat but tweaked.

I was going to say there is a distinct lack of DIVERSITY in the cover, but there it is, the obligatory black woman in the back
Not even /pol/ but it's easy to notice this pattern in today's industry

IT MAKES YOU FEEEEEEEEL LIKE A JEDI

It's the best but not very good
>Slow
>Enemies have shit AI, just rush at you
>Dark Souls but really easy
>Nathan Drake/Tomb Raider garbage that breaks up the flow, no puzzle solving, nothing
>Mediocre graphics
If you'd told me this was the tutorial level I'd believe you but apparently this is 3 hours in.

I think it looks bad also but I’d assume the game either has difficulty settings or enemies dealt less damage specifically for the e3 show.

They probably recorded and orchestrated this demo 50 times before both EA and Disney were happy. I'd attribute flaws to that. I don't mind it being slow at all. Looks like Jedi Knight mixed with Souls.

Eh, it seems decidedly average at the very best
>Combat looks like a slower and less challenging Sekiro-style combat (focus on parries and counters)
>Exceedingly plain and boring UI
>Wallrunning looks slow and clunky (which is a fucking travesty to have from a Respawn game)
>Game supposedly is non-linear with Metroidvania-style influences, but the entire presentation was for a severely linear part of the game
>Main character runs like he just shit his pants

Bf2 lightsaber fights are better

Doesn't look refined yet and the enemies seemed a little too easy

>is that bad for youtube standards

Have you seen both Diablo Immortal videos? Dislike is so high you can barely see the like bar.

Titanfall 2 is better than this.

I didn't even finish watching it. It's just Uncharted Jedi Edition.

Not interested.

looks fucking lame. They just shat out a formulaic "game" and slapped star wars on it because they know that's all they need to sell millions of copies.

Attached: just_consume_butts.jpg (960x960, 172K)

>all that climbing bullshit
What happened to the good old days of force jump...

Jedi Knight, Force unleashed, and even fucking this game has got dismemberment in it.
What the fuck is wrong with EA.

Attached: 51YK7CKFC4L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 34K)

the game looks fucking boring

by the numbers, generic as shit uncharted clone, a.k.a setpiece walking simulator

YAAAAAAAWN!

hard pass

>Go from Titanfall 2 levels of fast in the main campaign
>To this

Attached: This sucks.png (500x677, 160K)

Looks boring and too easy

>today's industry
How to spot the underage.

Adding dismemberment would make the game rated M

Just in terms of the Jedi powers and move set it screams unimaginative to me. The double jump and wall running, I don't know. It was just lacking. And I'm hoping that tracking dot is a place holder, it has to be. I do like the droid companion though. There's so much room for improvement, I'm not sure showing what they have now was the best move.

>retards believing anythign they see from E3 when they LITERALLY got falsely advertised to for anthem

the hype machine is alive and well I see

>Adding dismemberment would make the game rated M

Bullshit. Bloodless lightsaber dismemberment with black burn marks over the cut areas would have made it T at worst (which is probably what it will be anyways)

Im just glad its not a (white) female protag

>they LITERALLY got falsely advertised to for anthem
What was falsely advertises about that game

came to Yea Forums for the first time this year because I just saw this trailer on my timeline

wow this looks like shit lol
here's a giant enemy spider
now attack his weakpoint for massive damage

Looks like a game that's hard to demo. It'll probably be at least good.

>Looks like a game that's hard to demo.

It's not hard to demo good combat. The metroidvania elements maybe, but the basic combat looked bland as all hell

i'd say go watch one of the literal hundreds of youtube videos ranting about it but you're not gonna do that so here's your (you)

I think EA quickly put this together so they can keep the license for a bit longer

Can't believe I was a bit excited about this

That was my reaction when I saw the spiders too.

Force Unleashed didn't have dismemberment

Ok I did and they don't say lie about feature set or missing content, so what was falsely advertised again?

Whoever was "playing" was terrible. All the moves were slow and telegraphed to hell. I guess if they had played better people would think it was too easy, but there were a lot of hits that could have been avoided. Like, how do you not learn that force pulling those staff guys makes them use your force against you? Demo guy fell for it like five times.

It did

I mean EA's contract is for game rights until 2023, I doubt they need to keep making games to keep it with how few they've made already

If this wasn't published by EA then it would have way less dislikes. The game looks fine.
Frame rate looked bad but the game isn't out yrt.

>Whoever was "playing" was terrible.
They claimed this was gameplay from a highly experienced player
>Like, how do you not learn that force pulling those staff guys makes them use your force against you? Demo guy fell for it like five times.
I mean as terrible as the gameplay was, that's blatantly a show for the audience so they can understand the mechanics like that

back to 8gag, billy bob.

Hello trannies

>The game looks fine.
It's a Respawn game with slow wallrunning and slow climbing

>muh slow

Not an argument

I honestly don't like the fact they used a white male when the Star Wars universe has tons of different alien races.

imagine being this edgy LMAO

faggot

All i wanna know is why does a jedi struggle to balance across a tree trunk and look like he's about to fall every step he takes?

I think it has more to do with claiming to have a planned out vision, when it was really just a house of cards game wise. Competency was part of what was being sold, and it clearly was an incompetent product that was put forth to buy.

It is an argument. You just don't like it zoomer.

Disney want to get those wanabee teenagers and simple kids making the character likable to make them think I can be like him and bullshit.
More generic than the fucking Shonen.
One thing, Yea Forums prepare for a battle Royale game of Star Wars, they only have that left. Oh, and a Moba, not the Smartphone one.
Fuck, someone post C.

This honestly looks awful.

Stormtroopers die from a mean glance and even the "tougher" enemies are trivial thanks to the force powers. Even with "higher difficulty," it doesn't look like the combat would get any more interesting. The only thing I liked was when not-Luke froze time and then force-pulled a Stormtrooper into his own blaster shot, but now I've already seen that.

The rest of the game looks equally shitty. The characters are one-dimensional all around and the "exploration" is boring and mostly linear. Everything is bland, uninspired, safe; everything that sucks about nu-Star Wars. And where the fuck are these Dark Souls comparisons coming from? Is every action game "Soulsian" now?

It's going to sell great, though, because people will literally buy and eat shit if it's got a Star Wars sticker on it.

That means the game is probably good, people mass dislike EA videos just because it's EA

>Stormtroopers die from a mean glance

I mean that's fine, they've always been pathetic. The issue is that none of the combat looks interesting anyways

the souls comparisons are coming from the lock on and rolling i think

I'm so sick of hearing the same 40 voice actors in every fucking game and anime

Attached: 1557709667303.jpg (756x772, 102K)

I saw sekiro at 9:22

>And where the fuck are these Dark Souls comparisons coming from? Is every action game "Soulsian" now?

I don't know why they're saying Souls, but it certainly appears to play a bit like Sekiro does, with a focus on parries and counters. There's even a damned posture meter separate from stamina

this, it`s made to steal fanboy and cuck money

appreciate the effort from EA

but running animations and general movement looks uninspiring, stiff, and lifeless. like lego star wars-tier, just with human character models.

Attached: oh wellz.jpg (249x203, 4K)

>muh edge
4channel might not be the site for you gay boy.

this, it hurts so much

Attached: spidey.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

anybody notice the influx of whiny fags and just the general deterioration of Yea Forums ever since jizzmus stopped posting?
I feel like he was the sites lifeblood and without him we are just a shell

pretty excited for this game, I miss linear third person action games, reminds me of early-mid 2000s

Generic white male lead
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay hol up, how the fuck can a running animation look "inspiring?" Like, what the fuck are you even talking about, dipshit?

he did buttsex so it's okay

Haven't played a SW game since OG battle front. Looks fun might actually pick this up.

Don't know what you people were expecting. It was always going to be a shitty God of War clone.

Imagine having Bioware make an action MMO-lite with Respawn making an RPG. What the fuck is going on?

>making an RPG

It's still an action game, but from this gameplay reveal clearly they should stay in the FPS realm

Only zoomers cry about muh too slow ADHD retard

>because people will literally buy and eat shit if it's got a Star Wars sticker on it.
Just like Pokemon.

>battle front
Nice spacing, retard.

>ITS NOT A .MULTIPLAYER FOCUSED FPS GAME

cringe

Nobody asked for it to be multiplayer or an FPS game

We just want it to not be slow

I'm taking into consideration that this footage is alpha, which means still mostly unoptimized. The enemies need work, there need to be both more and brighter hostiles and even if this is the easy setting the damage they do is piddly and their reactors are too stiff and robotic. The levels seem kinda linear for all of the movement ability they give you but maybe it's just this one. I like very much that your droid buddy both projects your map over the shoulder kinda like the HUD in Dead Space and also acts as a health indicator. There should be dismemberment, it might be absent just because the gameplay is alpha so it hasn't been implemented but it could also be absent because EA are pussies. Either way if the game engine can with relative accuracy draw lines of molten armor on enemies to show where you hit them, it should be able to pop their limbs off too.

Fuck if I chop a guy full force with a lightsaber he better come in half.

Not on humans. That's a fact.

>This pile of shit is better than the other piles of shit
>Don't mind the fact that it's still a pile of shit though
Just because it's better than other EA games doesn't mean it isn't shit, retard.

Also it could be a bit faster, if we can use the force to throw dudes around and freeze them in place and double jump, surely we can use it to run faster.

>I'm taking into consideration that this footage is alpha

The game releases in five months, likely going gold in four

Just your regular rate bombing. Who cares. The game looks meh, but nothing to be hate on desu.

>unironically using cringe

Attached: 1557372656711.jpg (960x720, 80K)

youtube.com/watch?v=EnXEW0-loi0
At 0:52

>muh alpha
yeah just like Anthem, the game is rushed because the deal with Disney ends in 2020 and these pushed EA to launch a single player Star Wars to do damage control for how bad they handle the franchise

>anime
This problem is easily fixed if you stop being a dub shitter and switch to Japanese audio instead.

Attached: Toms Advice.png (840x957, 797K)

am I the only one or does the 'gameplay' look clunky as hell

Attached: 1515943282796.png (516x440, 157K)

People are still angry over how EA treated its last few games so people are skeptical.
Honestly its acualy a pretty good compared to older game reveals.

I'm completely open to the possibility that it will stay "alpha" and unoptimized all the way to release. I'll be more surprised if the game comes out looking better than it does now than if it came out looking worse. Still, I'll assume that issues with this "alpha" version can be resolved and how we'd like them to be resolved for the sake of discussion.

youtu.be/ZfrUplVxAX0

>muh alpha build
OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN
JUST LIKE ANTHEM

The gameplay doesnt look bad, just dated. However, in an age where fucking everything is an FPS or Uncharted clone, and the only recent action game to compare to is DMCV, I want to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Yanking a stormtrooper over and impaling him with your lightsaber seems like a sith thing. I hope there's an alignment system.

Nah you aren't alone, everything has a slight underwater feeling, people move a bit too slow and blaster bolts are way too slow, so slow that a normal person could literally hop out of the way of one they see coming. Enemies are too slow to react and telegraph too much for any fight to even be a challenge.

i think its just cause people like to hate on EA no matter what. even though its seems like they have minimal involvement.

The Force Unleashed ≠ The Force Unleashed II you literal retard

>my fellow game devs we need a female jedi character
>how about Shaak-Ti or Ahsoka?? Cool alien females! We could put them on the cover and sell millions more!
>that sounds too predictable, lets make an OC ugly black female character instead! But the catch will be that this time she doesn't have a big afro! It will really subvert their expectations!
BRAVO

Attached: General-Grievous-with-a-choke-grip-on-http:--starwarsmaven.info-wp-content-uploads-2014-09-General-G (830x476, 45K)

Never seen Forest Gump or Chariots of Fire?

>laser weapon
>beam travels slower than a physical bullet

lul

The protagonist looks nothing like a black woman

that nigger on cover is jedi too?
protag is white

>being instantly hit by projectiles while playing as a jedi

yeah sounds awesome and fun

It’s true for sub too retard. Learn to recognize voices

It's so slow and uninspired especially if you're coming of KH3 or DMC5, which both have better and faster combat.

Attached: just.jpg (1642x1075, 79K)

you're acting like there isn't a difference between creating characters models that run stiff verse running with intensity. body language you fucking shit taste, talent-less fucking moe moe...motion capture is a thing for a reason you blind fuck

the nerve you idiots with no taste or vision have to even reply with your empty fagshit

Attached: jagsman.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

probably cause its not trying to be like dmc at all you moron.

>dude what do you mean bullets in gta don't travel slow, how am I supposed to dodge them?

To be fair, DMCV sets a REALLY high bar. Shit, there are only a few current gen games that could even compare to DMC4 or 3

in gta you also have a gun and aren't playing as a swordsman.

Who's that semen demon

Fuck you loser

at least 8% of that 10% is just angry incels hating on EA for no reason

In GTA you don't have fucking Force powers and move around like Lara Croft

Yeah and it is one of the best of the past 5 years, and the campaign has the most memorable fps levels of this decade

Looks very eeeeh desusempaisama

>hating on EA
>for no reason

Attached: 1534544624979.jpg (600x632, 99K)

I think the Disney effect really did one on me
I literally cannot care any less about star wars, even though this game looks ok at best

No it isn't though?

i dont even understand your point here

they're not gonna give the enemies hitscan guns, that would make the game absolutely miserable to play.

At this point there can't be anybody who just hates EA for "no reason", they've given us a nearly endless list of different reasons to hate them.

Sure I get that but what is the point of having an action game if you can't come even close to the quality of DMC5 and KH3 in any department. Everything we've seen in the trailer looks so bad compared to these 2 games.

(you)

>i dont even understand your point here
Because you're a retard, I'm done giving you (You)s

this

also, imagine having to trigger bullet time manually to deflect projectiles in this game. increasing the challenge of managing the combat/battle sequence. only having a relatively brief moment (relative to the bullet time) to deflect the projectiles

imagine being able to split that black storm troopers staff with your light saber and swiftly going into a kill animation etc etc

visually this game looks okay, performance wise relative to gameplay...looks flat out uninspired. like some shit taste from Yea Forums developed a video game or something

Attached: 1555010246856.jpg (342x358, 29K)

It was FINE.
Like not EXCEPTIONAL, but definitely not garbage.
This is why you basement dwellers are hated on so much and deserve to die.

Implying you even need a reason to hate EA after how they've done nothing but be shitty for more than a decade

Yes it is though? I barely watch anime and even I recognize voices in the few I do watch

are you fucking retarded?

game doesn't "have to be dmc" to create animations with more haste and intensity in the movement.

talking games with you fucking idiots is insufferable...

Attached: ice tea.gif (480x271, 1.98M)

>no reason to hate on EA

Attached: 1553250556213.gif (607x609, 821K)

>for no reason

Attached: 6-2-2019 21.2.10 2.jpg (636x623, 39K)

He's talking about your Jedi Knight teacher
Literally looks like the Yaddle to Mace Windu's Yoda

Attached: Untitled.png (642x489, 154K)

>moving away from the best fps campaign in years because of its movement
>for prince of Persia
Smart move. But then again it'd be too complicated for the average person to figure out they are supposed to force jump up a small cliff rather than climb. They literally just took the movement and made it shitty and slow like prince of Persia. Jedi is moving around like a normal human with no force powers, smart move.

Are you seriously arguing for hitscan weapons in a goddamn melee-focused game?

>this isn't the tutorial level

W H A T

If the entire game is like this then this game is gonna suck hard.

Attached: i fucking quit.gif (328x245, 1.55M)

It's a cinematic action game for retards.

Aaaaand it another cookie cutter streamlined 3rd person cinematic action game that doesn't try anything, fucking ANYTHING new with the same vanilla plot good vs evil, with the same boring protagonist and his ethnically diverse supporting cast, bored-sounding VAs, ridden with cut content, 8 hour gameplay, graphix over gameplay, casualized fucking AAA game.

Attached: 1497370418079.jpg (171x189, 24K)

>what is the point of having an action game if you can't come even close to the quality of DMC5
To print money off of Star Wars branding, not do something for nerds like making a good action game.

Star Wars is dead, the mouse managed to kill one if the most beloved entertainment franchises of the past 50 years. Literally nobody cares about it anymore.

The goyim eat that shit up like crazy
>it's just an alpha
>it's just a beta
>it's just a demo
>just turn your brain off and buy goy

Attached: 1558735616380 copy.jpg (796x598, 120K)

imagine the reaction if the game wasnt star wars but "space dude"

oh my GOD the main character is ugly, wish there was customisation in this.

Thats a dumb complaint. Not every fucking nobody who had less than 5 minutes of collective screentime in a film needs a spotlight role.

I just hope that she gets a personality to match her looks and isnt just a generic "wise leader" to appease the token-hungry masses. Maybe someone paranoid or mentally fucked up who constantly warns this pretty boy fucker about the dangers of rolling lawful good

>EA

No thanks I dont want microtransactions and the obligatory paid DLC

these characters fucking suck

He looks like Anduin and you're literally a faggot if you wouldn't smell his kingly balls

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_11_03_at_3.28.57_PM.jpg (1400x1400, 266K)

There is an amazing article about anthems development that just makes you shake your head at how EA even functions as a company.

>Is that bad for youtube video standards on vidya gameplay reveals?

For an EA game? Not at all.

How horrible, they used a protagonist that their target audience (not fags like you) could indentify with.

>(not fags like you)
ironic of you to say since the actor for the MC played a gay guy on some show and got piped in it.

Apparently this is meant to be structured like a Metroidvania? My interest has raised a smidge.

It looks generic. It doesn't even look like offensively bad or anything, just generic. Like any other AAA western game, only with a coat of Star Wars paint.

I meant she looks like Samuel L. Jackson just like Yaddle looks like Yoda, not some shit about needing a spotlight role.

What? Get out

>uNinSpiRinG

the game looks shit but your tired stock usage of buzzwords pissed me off more. why does movement animations have to be “inspiring”? you’re not reviewing a film, you tryhard pseud.

This. We should start a Twitter campaign and let people know how in 2019 these companies still want to make an evil straight white man the main character. I for one am disgusted.

>that clearly souls inspired combat
Looks cool

make me

Attached: youaightwhiteboy.jpg (966x715, 79K)

even force unleashed looked better back in the days

I contributed my dislike. Feels good.

Attached: 34CE07FC-69E8-4BD1-A407-01A086FA031D.jpg (562x549, 47K)

based and redpill
cringe and bluepill

It just means good you fucking cringey bitch. Sperging out over someone using a word is even more tryhard.

seething

dilate

>Multi Billlion gazillion dollar game
>Character clips to everything without feedback
>Everything looks static and boring
>Most animations and models are straight from Battlefront

Its basically a very expensive asset flip branded with Star Wars. They can keep that trash. Fuck EA.

Lol, the light saber does not even gives feed back when colliding with the environment. Soulless trash.

God I miss Tribes.

I just want them to explore anything, literally fucking anything, that isn't rebel vs empire. You have thousands of years and a literal GALAXY to use, please tell more varied stories.

Attached: 1515213929641.jpg (500x321, 17K)

>imagine the reaction if the game wasnt star wars but "space dude"
Everyone would be waiting for Disney's lawsuit because another game ripped off lightsabers aka the only thing that makes Star Wars different from other space shit

Can you explain why

this bothered me too, like there isn't even a burning effect when rain falls on it like in jedi outcast, a game from 17 years ago

>lightsaber is a silent dull glowstick
wtf, lightsabers make constant noise and have a pure white core. I think they will fix it but how do you fuck this up in the first place?

Attached: d48c1a2ee9a993913ac4d41db7fc2c2e-700.jpg (1134x700, 54K)

Imagine the reaction if, for once, the main character of a game was a non-Jedi with a vibroblade.

Everything Disney has put out from comics to novels are in the safest setting imaginable.

Before the Mouse everyone assumed that only the movies were canon and Lucas let the EU go crazy and experiment and do whatever and some of the best stuff showed up in Clone Wars TV show essentially making it canon.

Disney's approach is making everything from the shittiest comic book to all the videogames canon to begin with so it all has to tiptoe around their shitty movies and fit into it visually.

>I barely watch anime
translation: I'm a retard who doesn't know what I'm talking about.
Watch some more anime and play some more games that aren't mainstream shit and were made before 2010. Unless you have watched/played at least a 100 different anime/games, and no 10 anime/games in the same franchise for example, your opinion belongs in the trash.

Attached: 1457428851303.jpg (680x697, 87K)

>all those normalfags saying it's slow
Fucking retarded children with ADHD
I hope it doesn't flop

The game's lightsaber looks like one of those shitty toys, the interior is blue as fuck not white

Attached: Untitled.png (720x385, 286K)

Game developers better not put any climbing in their games ever again. If they do the game is automatically some Uncharted-like game and is automatically shit.

17 years ago, they probably hired people based on their skill and passion. Nowadays effects like these get canned because they are too expensive or because it would stress out the developers too much and would require 10 additional support dogs.

It wouldn't make too much sense though to play as a vanilla asshole with a vibroblade any more than it would make sense to run into a real gunfight with a sword. Jedi get away with it because they've got magic powers that let them do ridiculously stupid dangerous shit and scrape through alive. I wouldn't mind at all though playing a non-jedi in a Star Wars game, there's a ton of shit you could do in the star wars setting that don't require a Jedi.

Confirmed for never playing the GOAT campaign. Probably the campaign with the most repeatability for time investment and amount of fun in an FPS ever.

Why would the tracking dot be a placeholder? It looks exactly like blood borne/sekiro

But anything thats not rebels vs empire is like the preaquels. Anything like the prequels = bad. This is the mindset when Disney heard all the red letter media shills. Now Star Wars is no longer about the force or the galaxy at large. From now on it will all be about rebels vs fascists. Because thats what made Star Wars cool right? Its not like the rebellion was the most boring faction in the history of the series and only didn't seem like shit because the movies were more focused on the main trio.

Kinda like shitty memes.

>Jedi get away with it because they've got magic powers that let them do ridiculously stupid dangerous shit and scrape through alive.
Something which has been flagrantly abused in almost every form of derivative media from Star Wars for far too long. Remember when Luke jumped into situations like a retard swinging his lightsaber around because it makes him impervious to bullets? Me neither.

Attached: MUH LIGHTSABERS.jpg (802x448, 63K)

It doesn't have to be like 3x as fast, but it could be like 20% faster than it is and you'll still have more than enough time to read enemy's telegraphs, deflect blaster bolts, etc. Some enemies are sluggish enough that they don't seem human at all and killing them will be trivially easy and thus boring.

This, what if they made a shinobido style game where you do mercenary missions for different factions
oh wait.

It has the same speed as souls and I am fine with that

But luke wasn't a proper jedi until arguably return of the jedi, and even then he was never formally trained.

Go watch a movie instead norman if games are too fast for you. The game is slow like every other game that wants the cinematic feel and style. And honestly even if it won't flop in your eyes, it will in EA's since they will most likely have way to high expectations for this and expect to sell like millions of units.

The main character looks like he was originally female but with the usual western female man face but then they put a man's body on it.

It's simply because it's EA
It's like how Nintendo gets extra points no matter what they do.

Mouthbreathers bandwagoning on whatever the read on (((social media)))

Attached: 1559625028501.png (407x407, 162K)

>your opinion doesn’t matter unless you’re a no life n33t like me
What a solid argument

Maybe DS2 but 1 and 3 both have a goodly number of enemies way more responsive and agile than the stormies we see in this gameplay. The scout troopers with batons might as well not even be there for how little they added to each fight. I think even the sloppy player they had doing this run only got hit by one of them a single time because the enemy was behind him and out of the camera's view. On top of that they die in one basic hit so not only can they barely even hurt you but they've also got no health and no real defense either, that enemy is padding and that's boring.

>he was never formally trained.
Define formal.

Attached: the dumbest fucking shit ever.png (1280x546, 881K)

when did respawn go sjw? seems like they are pandering to minorities and lgbts. makes me not wanna buy it

>that intro
Do cute creatures have to feature in every planet in disneywars? Surely the star wars universe has some catachan worlds where everything wants to eat or parasitize you.

>Terrorists kill soldiers doing their job
And they're the good guys?

Attached: Bariss time .png (478x295, 214K)

how did they not slice each other by accident

Attached: Bariss.jpg (857x857, 76K)

>control f ginger
>no results
I don't want to play as a gay Chucky looking faggot in my action adventure vidya. Who thought this casting choice was a good idea? In Star Wars especially? Wtf.

Attached: Galen Marek.jpg (400x500, 62K)

That dumb shit is what i would call formal training, even though it's stupid as shit, that was the official way they trained jedi to be guardians. But we can even ignore that and say the prequels aren't canon, and so we don't know what jedis who are prepared for battle are supposed to look like because obi wan is old as shit and doesn't fight, and luke wasn't trained under normal conditions.
Whereas luke was trained by a midget in a swamp who we don't learn until later was very powerful, and halfway through he just fucked off anyway and got his shit kicked in.

Fuck I really hope the game has a dark side ending.

>It has the same speed as souls and I am fine with that
Blaster bolts shouldn't move as slow as arrows fired from bows.

training sabers only sting

>dark side ending
>owned by disney
>made by sjw developers
not gunna happen mate

He's a mouth breather too. I don't like it. Was hoping for making your own character. A fucking ginger? A cool middle eastern chick with platinum blonde hair and big tits would have been better

>looks like shit
>lightsaber makes orange jizz instead of cuts
>slow
>like God of War but worse
>boring generic MC
This isn't even worth pirating, forget about paying money for.

>all VAs are the same
>I barely watch anime
If anythings solid it's the huge amount of brain damage you most have norman. If you don't know what you're talking about just shut up instead of looking like an idiot and shitting up this board.

Attached: 1549376792468.png (1400x1400, 1.16M)

have sex

It genuinely looks like fucking garbage. Like a middle of the pack PS3 game.

Attached: 1441557036604.jpg (629x540, 51K)

no it won't sorry

luke trained on dagobah which has the same time dilation as mortis. Luke got atleast enough time for Yoda to tell him about his father meeting the mortis gods according to legends . still true in canon but canon basically has Vader training him through a proxy by giving Kreel a lightsaber to keep Luke polished until his big fights against Vader

It's a downgrade from BF2. Look at the saber throw on this game and on BF2, the difference is absurd.

Attached: t7zt4kd4eiqz.png (901x689, 959K)

Fair enough. What I'm getting at is that Star Wars suffers under the yoke that is the Lightsaber. It renders every conflict a chore and makes every death feel cheap. Every goddamn game about a Jedi and everything about the Force is rendered down to an "I can't be hurt from a distance" laser stick. It turns a metaphysical concept into a crutch.

Chris Avellone (Who wrote Divinty OS 2, KotR 2) wrote the story for this game and he recently got attacked by SJWs for saying he thinks that the politics in game world shouldn't try to push an agenda even when there are political and philosophical themes like most of his stories have.

not getting the big dark side part of the story will be us switching to second sister after the reveal that she's bariss

Sorry but they don't care enough about the prequels to have continuity with the Clone Wars like that. They needed a fucking poll to realize people wanted prequel heroes in Battlefront 2. The villain of the game will just kill your black woman master lady then die and won't ever take her helmet off, they don't have that level of creativity.
Also when has someone just changed their saber style from single bladed to double bladed?

Attached: HTVQnM.jpg (1920x1200, 187K)

bariss's dialogue will be the most Chris style dialogue probably

>Parkour
>Cinematic hallway squeezes
>Rope swinging
>Useless sidequests and "collectables"
>Skill point system to "Build your own Jedi" but you're going to end up getting enough points to get everything anyway
>OMG DAT TING FROM DA MOVIE
It's like EA was just checking off boxes for every triple AAA video game trope.

This feels like one of those games where going through it at a good pace is much more challenging than sitting still
kinda like how in dmc2 you can stand still and never be in any real danger - moving puts you into more immediately

It's garbage but you never played a ps3 game before.

>ywn pull down a fucking star destroyer from orbit for the first time again

Attached: 1377818151490.gif (375x216, 1.54M)

It’s a canon story set in the Star Wars universe, the thing with Star Wars is that they’re very careful with changing canon, that’s why there’s no dark or light side in this game either, what you see in the game is how it happened in the Star Wars universe, plus they hired Monaghan, Whitaker and others so that wasn’t cheap either, not to mention re-recording all those voicelines

Rey's gonna do it in the next movie :^)

I still own my PS3 and 31 games, faggot

I think it looks fun desu. I hope it has a hard mode tho. I like the combat speed

Lol fuck off edgelord.

He's not the lead writer, it's a group of 6 who started the project without him and he jumped on later.

Attached: Untitled.png (604x439, 55K)

>West coast gaming companies calls themselves progressive
>They make black people look like fucking Monkeys

also the game itself looks like garbage

Attached: 8805089.gif (225x124, 1.47M)

idiot they have fucking saw in here he first appeared in the clone wars. no to mention all the shit in the comics and novel around just came about the prequels and u know when bariss stole ventress's sabers they could connect into double and its been years after order 66 she's not dumb that she can't change to the inquisitor style .

>Rey
Who?

user I hate to tell you this but nobody MADE black people look like monkeys.

Attached: ChinaMuseum.png (477x249, 116K)

Then why say garbage like what you said? There isn't that much of a difference between the ps3 and ps4 gens to begin with so what you said was just disingenuous and implying ps3 games look bad.

Lol shitty ESL fanboy can't even speak English properly. Get ready to be disappointed just like every other thing Disney Wars has made.

The sequence from 9:25 on is literally a deflect into Shinobi Execution--the animation is 90% the same as Gyoubu Oniwa's execution with the leaping stab. The kill animation alone wouldn't be an issue (there are plenty of leaping stabs in video games) but the fact that they're using the posture system as well as deflects and deathblows and the camera takes the exact same angle as a Shinobi Execution sequence makes it really, really fucking stupid. Please tell me I'm not the only one bothered by this

Attached: jedi_execution.png (1278x716, 847K)

Looks like the rebooted Tomb Raider games with shittier Force Unleashed combat.

That’s a good thing. The last jedi is legitimately the best thing that could’ve happened to star wars it gave us a chance not to have one come out every year for the rest of our lives.

Saw is from Rogue One which all the soiboys watched and can react to, they're not bringing in characters who only showed up in the cartoons to which those retards will go "WHOS THAT THEY WERENT IN THE MOBIES".

We wus Sekiro

Looks boring as fuck

I think you're missing the whole point of Star Wars. It's always anti-fascist.

The gameplay looks fine but a few of the story beats in the footage is nonsensical.

>MC is already as strong or stronger than Kylo Ren or Rey in terms of force proficiency to stop laser projectiles and slowing down time/speeding himself up
>Empire builds facility in Jungle and allows elephant size spiders to live/ occupy the same space as them despite said spiders being a real threat

Attached: 1560030075797.jpg (448x419, 59K)

90% of the prone that'll buy the game won't really care about the combat

Is Yea Forums really shitting on this game? It looks really good. Oh, it's one of those

>The game is easy so it's bad!

Moments, isn't it? Not every game needs to be hard, I'd honestly be disappointed if I was a fucking jedi and I couldn't dispatch storm troopers with ease. Also the blasters are clearly slow so the average player can easily dodge or deflect them at will in order to fight back, it's a better solution than the one they used in Spider-Man PS4 where they just showed a BamHam style trail where the bullets would go and you just hit a button to automatically dodge, and it's better than just holding down the lightsaber button to spin your lightsaber out of controls automatically reflecting all shots, I honestly commend the devs on their elegant solution. Respawn is definitely doing a great job deving, if anyone is going to fuck this one up, it will be EA's business practices.

Attached: why the fuck would.jpg (649x621, 305K)

I've not seen a more by-the-numbers third-person action adventure game since . Let's take Uncharted and God of War and throw them in a blender with a Star Wars skin. Looks fucking boring.

The "metroidvania" elements will be a few powerups slightly off the main route, like Other M style, not actual metroidvania.

>Empire builds facility in Jungle and allows elephant size spiders to live/ occupy the same space as them despite said spiders being a real threat
go read the fortress vader arc of the newest Vader comic and see that in action on Mustafar. If the Empire wants to be somewhere, they will be there no matter what local animals there are

Yawn. Call me when I can Force choke high-level enemies and drop them into lava instead of fighting them. There's nothing environmental going on here, just a single predetermined path with a couple gimmicks to remind you every ten steps that you're a Jedi. I'm sure it will sell gangbusters and review well, but it's no Jedi Academy.

>Go read more retarded shit from Disney to explain the retarded shit in this Disney videogame
Just fuck off

Dark Side powers are not in the game at all, and their audience will still eat it up and buy a billion copies.

Not him but why does the black guy in the gameplay footage look fine but not the black woman in the trailer?

>Not every game needs to be hard
Why not just make it a movie?
The platforming is a joke, the enemies are pathetic and the slow cinematic sliding through tunnels and climbing walls with no threats like Uncharted. Its barely a fucking game

This, all that's left is for the kikes from GoT to ruin Kotor and then all that I care about in this franchise will be dead

Attached: Pathetic Planet.png (1518x844, 770K)

>Greg Miller

I never followed him prior to him going independent but he's always come across as a fucking suck-up journalist, and seeing him hype up the crowd for an EA-specific thing for E3 is fucking annoying.

That's fine, but why would the Empire not eradicate the elephant size spiders by the time facility is built and functioning? It makes no fucking sense.

I've already accepted the idea of the Empire possessing intergalactic travel but no wide spread use of security cameras. Now I have to accept the idea of building a facility in the same space as huge spider monsters?

Because the animator in charge of applying the performance capture to the in-game skeleton didn't want to have a conversation with his producer about how they need the modeling team to change the shape of a black character's skull in order to prevent her from looking ridiculous.

>Why not just make it a movie?
This question is always asked and it always obvious, yet nobody just fucking answers it. Because if it's a movie you're not pressing buttons and doing cool shit, you're just watching other people do cool shit. There, I just instantly solved the "mystery" behind moviegames for all of Yea Forums.

>Female Jedis with refitted clone armour
I didn't know I needed more of this until now. I want one with Secura and boobplates

Attached: 1475826029158.png (300x300, 74K)

Game looks decent. Combat seems interesting i just wish the areas were a bit more open and im not sure why cal can take blaster shots like they are nothing really breaks my imersion.

Because the guy that acts as Shaw Guerrera looks better than the woman actress

Attached: wewlad.jpg (990x518, 92K)

They said the planets are large and Metroid-like, and that you return with gadgets/powers to explore new areas. Think Ratchet and Clank in that regard.

Difficulty aside, Cal seems super slow in combat.

Is it wrong of me to feel pitty for those people who are excited for this game?

>When the saber is sheathed, Respawn’s vision for the adventure has classic gaming roots and is inspired heavily by the Metroid series, pushing players to freely explore worlds, and come back to them later with new powers that can be used to reach different areas. Never once do players see a waypoint on the screen telling them where their next objective is. Respawn doesn’t want to hold your hand, and instead hopes you plot your own path through dangerous worlds that are teeming with just as much hostile wildlife as heavily armed Imperial Forces.
>Greez will fully transports this small group of characters to any planet at any time – both to progress the story and for freeform backtracking. We don’t know how many worlds there are yet, but the concept art and clips from the trailer hint at a good number of them. Asmussen says the ratio of established Star Wars planets and new planets original to Jedi: Fallen Order is about half and half.
>The player has complete freedom to chart their own course through the wilderness. Some areas feature multiple paths that can freely be explored, while other areas may have paths that are blocked or inaccessible, perhaps requiring an unlearned Force power or gadget to open them up. “We looked at the structure of Metroid Prime closely,” Asmussen says. “It’s not exactly like Metroidvania. We also looked at games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls that have the same types of methodology. We studied those games and they inspired us to find an experience that works well for our game.”
>The map is a critical component that helps players explore. Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the few games out there that doesn’t use a waypoint system.

BRAVO DISNEY

FUCKING WOW AT THIS ALIEN CREATURE, EIGHT LEGGED FREAKSHOW WOW

Attached: GLwyP4y.jpg (3024x4032, 1.94M)

>one of the few games out there that doesn’t use a waypoint system
No, it just railroads you to the destination. A branching path isn't going to lead to fucking nowhere, nor is it going to lead to a different set of events. It's going to uselessly circle back around to the next scripted event on the checklist so nobody playing ever misses anything.

>more boring, cinematic garbage
Not even a little surprised. They should have just made yet another fucking movie since they're clearly incapable of making fun games.

What's wrong user, not blown away by EA's ayylien design?

Attached: Ayy.png (1000x944, 2.23M)

Boring linear no freedom no choice.
Why make a star wars game at that point?

So it's a boring, Uncharted: Star Wars edition, only more linear and less complex.

Who the hell is excited for this trash? It will be another mediocre as hell EA Star Wars game. Why is such a shit company in charge of this license? Also, fuck Disney.

BEST COMPANION REPORTING IN

Attached: 2188429 - Monkeyfluff Star_Wars The_Old_Republic Twi'lek Vette.jpg (758x1000, 718K)

It honestly just looks like a fun little romp in a linear story driven game.

I hate how disney keeps developers from exploring anything "dark" and keeps the game as family friendly as possible.

I miss good old KOTOR and shit man.

I'm honestly more hyped for Droidekas and Felucia on battlefront 2 than for this game.

Attached: nykzmv5g4y231.webm (595x335, 1.6M)

Soldier: Okay, Scout, spill the beans! You're a Spy for our enemy! Scout: Yo, relax, man! It's like I just said! I spent last night cooped up in bed! Spy: So, last night at 9 O'two you weren't near the intelligence room? Scout: From 9 O'clock to 9 O'four was when Medic took my temperature. Soldier: Well, Scout, we've got our doubts. Can you confirm your whereabouts? Scout: Got a hearin' problem? Just told ya, dumbass! You here to ask questions, or just harass? Spy: Monsieur, we know you did the crime. Scout: I was freakin' sick the whole damn time! Ask Miss Pauling, it was indigestion! Soldier & Spy: Thank you, Scout! No more questions! Spy: Allo, now there is some intelligence I'd like to investigate! [Verse 2: Spy, Miss Pauling, Soldier] Spy: Miss Pauling, could you help our search a while? Just enough to see you smile. Miss Pauling: Gentlemen, this had best be good. Can you just be quick like you said it would? Soldier: Tell us! Where's the briefcase now? Spy: Perhaps some tea would help somehow? Miss Pauling: Wasn't watching the case your job? Yet you blame me when you get robbed? Soldier: That's just what a spy would say! Spy: Let's calm down over chardonnay. Miss Pauling: Seriously, guys? You called me here! I'm out of the base most of the year! Spy: Well, perhaps maybe a date with me would jog your-- Miss Pauling: Give up the advances, creep! Go jump in a lake, that's my suggestion! Soldier & Spy: Thank you, Pauling, no more questions [Verse 3: Spy & Soldier] Spy: I think she liked me, huh? Soldier: I think you've got a one track mind, Frenchie! Spy: I think it's Scout! Soldier: He's ruled out. There must be other clues about. Spy: Maybe Pauling. Soldier: That's appalling. You just nearly sent her bawling. We better get him fast, 'cause he'll vanish if we tarry. Spy: I wouldn't worry yet, we still have six more mercenaries! Spy: Ahem, uh, excuse me. Bring in the scary Russian guy.

This design defiles the sanctity of women. It is disrespectful and sexist, please REMOVE it right now.

Attached: 1506483466405.jpg (848x860, 54K)

[Verse 4: Soldier, Heavy, Spy] Soldier: Do you remember where you were, at the time the theft occurred? Heavy: I was in my room, taking nap, then was morning when I woke up, Spy: Uh, well then, you called us in? You said you had clues here, gospodin, Heavy: Da! My gun was in the room with case! Sasha will tell us soon, just wait, Soldier: The truth, Heavy! I knew this'd be dumb, Heavy: If you don't believe me, just ask gun. Sasha was there, she'll cooperate! Spy: Uh, madame, are you willing to corroborate? Sasha: [FIRING BULLETS] Spy: Sacre bleu! Heavy: Sasha! Noooo! Soldier: Would you point that thing away from me! Heavy: I'm trying! Calm down, Sasha, it routine inspection! Soldier & Spy: Thank you, Heavy, no more questions [Verse 5] Soldier: Okay, straight to the chase. What do you know about the stolen case? Sniper: I didn't know it went missin', mate. Medic: I'm sure Archimedes knows, he's great! Engineer: The chances of us, committing that crime: Are less than .009! Pyro: [MUFFLED SPEECH] Spy: To help with our investigation, could you do a full translation? Scout: Yo, dude just said "Hudda hudda hudda" a buncha times. That shit ain't even words! Demoman: Ahhh! Ahh! Ahhh! Ah-hahahha -Sentry Fires, Bombs Explode- Medic: Archimedes gets nervous. Just a few more seconds. Soldier and Spy: Thank you, Blu Team, no more questions! [Verse 5: Spy & Soldier] Spy: They didn't, Soldier: No, they didn't, Spy: They could never take the box, Soldier: They're good at shooting guns, but they're dumber than an ox Spy: We may not know who did it, but we know who didn't do it! Soldier & Spy: So we know who didn't do it, yes we know who didn't do it! Spy: (WAIT A MINUTE) [Soldier stabs Spy] Soldier, turning into Red Spy: You're all incapable of being capable

>slow as fuck, linear and not even trying to hide it, cinematic bullshit
>nu-wars
Miss me with that gay shit

Now your are being just a faggot.

It's no Jedy Outcast so that makes it automatically not worthed

>Dead
>Galaxy's edge literally just oppened and made a quarter billion in its first week

Sure kid. Sure.

Nice source.

This is an E3 demo so it could just be watered down.

>Seems the best EA shat out for some time.
just because its better then shit doesn't mean its good. Its just ok

>>Galaxy's edge
A quarter in size of ANY normal park of Disney in America if we are to judge it by that air picture. And there was an option to preorder tickets iirc.
Let's wait until the hype fades and see if the park alone is able to mitigate the costs of the entire franchise, not just its building and maintenance budget.

>brain damage you most had norman
Are you sure you aren’t the one with brain damage?

>Star Wars is dead,
I know alot of people dislike the franchise now, but its far from dead. Normalfags will watch anything starwars related because of how powerful the brand is.

looks terrible

This looks like a more janky force unleased
how can anyone actually defend this asset flip from bf2, you can instantly tell its the standard low effort EA trash.

we will never get a good startwars game again its truly over. and by game I mean something you play not watch slow enemies stumble around as you press X to see cinematic finisher

Attached: 1556131760067.gif (250x188, 1.63M)

Game a always look worse from their E3 presentation. How bad will his shit be?

>watch dogs

>DOOM

It doesn't look bad, just generic. I wanna cut off limbs and shit

>bf2
ahaha are you retarded

Looks pretty good the only thing missing is that fine control you had with lifting and throwing from Force Unlashed.

Well it's EA. Plus, they kinda dropped the ball by choosing a white male protag this time around. Whether you're an sjw or not, in this generation a lot of people expect to be able to create their own self insert for a game, especially if a game is based on a high profile franchise like Star Wars.