While waiting for E3 I play pic related

While waiting for E3 I play pic related.
Is the trilogy worth my time?

Attached: 1465381204-8477-jaquette-avant.jpg (480x732, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kiFTyRX_jAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play the first PSP game and pretend it's also the last game of the series.

Book of Shadows is mostly shit except the last chapter that continues off from the end of the first game. If possible play only that. Ignore the rest.

Now that the dust has settled, who the fuck thought putting Seiko on the cover was a good idea?

The 3DS version is currently the most complete and comprehensive version of this game.
No, it's not worth playing ANY of the others.

Attached: 3634745734.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

Only play the first one. The rest is hot garbage.

Psp version is good, don't get the steam version as that one is the 98 version of the game. Also due to some bug or translation error, you can't 100% the game because one of the name tags is missing

>First one that dies is the lesbian
Based fuck yurishitters

>he doesn't butter his poophole daily
Enjoy crusty shits and hemorroids.

Attached: 1330167167682.png (426x571, 371K)

Threadly reminder that Ayumi did literally nothing wrong.

Attached: IMG_0440.jpg (546x410, 65K)

right*

>100€ on amazon
I vaguely remember watching a playthrough on YouTube way back, guess that saves me some money
Always thought that the PSP library was really empty but I'm seeing more and more games I know and like.

Lesbian or not, Seiko is a fucking cute and best girl.

Attached: 1530573834356.jpg (800x1144, 657K)

For her defense, she made Necronomicon her personal bitch.

Just grab a friend and watch the anime, the game on its own is pretty boring.

Again, there's no point in owning the PSP version anyway, the 3DS version is the same, but better in every way.
Even has necessary bugfixes.

The anime is terrible.
The game is great if you're an actual patrician that shared and played hundreds of RPGmaker horror games back in the day and talked about them with the early Yea Forums community.

>it turns her into a vegetable since she cant even control it properly

The PSP had a pretty good library and the homebrew makes it well worth the money. You pretty much have a handheld that plays all PS1, SNES, GBA and retro games, some N64 and ported PS2 games and all that with huge battery life and pretty much 0 overheating (you never feel any heat unless the WLAN is on). Don't underestimate it.

She's just tired after all the bullshit she's been through because of Naho.

no, yoshiki is just tired after all the bullshit hes been through because of ayumi, who has now become permanently catatonic

NAho did nothing wrong.

First game is great. Book of Shadows is meh, but you should play it if you like the characters (use a guide to speed through the shit "gameplay", though). Blooddrive is awful. The only reason to play it is because it leads into the beginning of Corpse Party 2, but that's stuck in dev hell so not worth it.

Only thing I remember is some girl being super fucking horny to the point she kills herself
try it

Play at least first one. Pretty memorable moments (I still remember piano wire), god tier VA and sound direction. Also, remember to read all Victim Notes. Blood Drive went so much batshit insane that I actually started to like how over the top it was during second half.

>I still remember piano wire
youtube.com/watch?v=kiFTyRX_jAg
My favourite one

Reccomend me some more rpgmaker horror games like Corpse Party

Attached: IMG_20190608_145217.jpg (900x1260, 160K)

Play it with headphones
Play Book of Shadows if you like the characters and don't mind visual novels or youtube it I guess
Skip Blood Drive, the fuck were they thinking when making that?

>lightly breath in the direction of those figurines
>they immediately fall over and the heads come off

Do they show their nips or what?

it's reaaaally meh game overall BUT you still might like it. It really depends on your taste

>blood drive's ending

Attached: 1544680890071.jpg (1024x1004, 269K)

One and three are decent, two is awful padding until the ending

>blood drive

>Play it with headphones
My goddamn nigga.
I played the PSP one with headphones in the dark, in my bed, an amazing experience, was completely immersed.

The first PSP is, though i actually did enjoy -Rebuilt- too, it's a lot simpler but still
Everything else don't even bother looking at
The dude behind the original games up until PSP ver. fucked off to make whatever the fuck else and some idiots were making sequels and it just shows, not worth even a thought

The anime is fucking hilarious.

I respect the anime for killing pissloli and her shit brother. But then again, Ayumi and Naomi get away unscathed while best boy fucking dies.

Attached: 1415993941639.png (720x720, 327K)

Wtf

Attached: 20190609_005306.jpg (4608x3456, 3.68M)

>generic schoolgirl protagonists on cover
I'm guessing not.

Is she going to be ok?

WHAT THE FUCK
IS
THIS
WHY SO DIRTY
WHY UPSIDE DOWN
WHY THIS DIRECT BIRGHT LIGHT
WHY EVERYTHING

Reminder that Corpse Party Musume is the ultimate CP experience.

Blood Covered is good
Book of Shadows is... diferent but it's not bad.
Blood Drive is shit

Bruh clean your vita please

first one's really damn good but they peter off in quality immediately.

what were they thinking with blood drive, and to think that i almost bought vita just for that

Attached: 1508386158696.jpg (261x193, 13K)

I want to finish the game already...

Attached: 20190609_011311.jpg (4608x3456, 3.48M)

I blasted through the entire franchise (barring 2U) last November, and I had an absolute blast. But your enjoyment is heavily contingent on what you are playing for. The first game, Blood Covered, can be encapsulated as a visual novel in an RPG Maker skin. If you are playing for gameplay or "action", this may not be your cup of tea. Your interactivity is limited to traversing the school and hammering the action button in hopes you will trigger the next story event. You will be performing a ton of exploration, but the varying "nexuses" of the schools are nigh identical, so get really comfortable with the terrain. Having said that, the game excels in building its atmosphere and the characters are for the most part well written. The voice acting is phenomenal, humanizing all the characters and giving them that extra layer of dynamism.

The second game, Book of Shadows, is a point and click visual novel. It serves as a "prequel, midquel, sequel, and alternate" take of the first game throughout its 8-9 chapters (the exact number escapes me.) It expounds on the characters who had limited exposure and were killed off too early in the first entry as well. Like the first game, the game is filled to the brim with alternate endings and the game forces you to complete them all in order to unlock the final chapter "Blood Drive", which serves as a direct sequel to the first game's conclusion as well as the prequel to the forthcoming game: Blood Drive.

>Continued

Attached: 1510695068362.jpg (512x512, 71K)

Blood Drive is essentially the first game in aesthetic, but now using 3D models. I played the game on VITA, and as optimization using the Unity Engine is subpar with it - the gameplay can sometimes be buggy. The most prominent offender being the load times. The devs tried to introduce new mechanics such as the flashlight which can die on you without batteries, but it's more of an annoyance than a challenge and can be disabled. Characters can now sprint and grow tired, but it feels a bit tacked on as there's hardly ever a time you cannot outrun a phantom or enemy. Same goes for the "hiding" system. Just like the first game, you can just exploit by hitting a save point and reloading. Plot seems to be a hit or a miss. It addresses the elephant in the room that is a certain character’s surname and adds a “reason” for the supernatural happenings behind Heavenly Host, which seems to be a cause of criticism. Unlike most people, I have no nostalgia for the first game(s) and see it as a natural continuation despite the more shameless anime tropes. When I finished Blood Drive, I was left very satisfied with the conclusion of the Heavenly Host arc.

As for Dead Patient, there is not much to state. It expounds and builds upon gameplay elements introduced in Blood Drive to make them less "tacked on", but there is currently only one chapter available. Still too early to say anything about the story, but it is more sci-fi than supernatural this time around.

Overall, I recommend the series if you have a proclivity for anime, tension, and horror. Just remember that they are very story driven and interactivity in the gameplay department may feel somewhat restricted. Dead Patient "feels" the best by far, but it is still an incomplete work, regrettably. But do at least try the first game for yourself, user. It's worth it.

Attached: 1488326055057.jpg (679x960, 81K)

Is there an actual release for Dead Patient yet? Last time i've heard they were redoing the entire thing and the only thing that was out was an jap release.

>Dead Patient
oh yeah i completely forgot about that, is it canceled or something

No. Not for Xseed's localization of the updated "Neues" rendition of Dead Patient. They released Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday (which is surprisingly canon) on PC not too long ago, though. I can only assume it is only a matter of time.

First game is good
Second game has its moments, but for the most part is meh
Third game is fucking garbage

Judging from a comment on Xseed's forum that I read a while back by someone on the localization team, it's apparently still in development. But at this point, it may as well be cancelled.

So is Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday good?

I'd say it's hysteric.

There was supposed to be a bunch of Corpse Party games coming to PC but so far only two of them have made it. BoS, the worst one, and the birthday game I haven't played yet.

Still waiting on Blood Drive and Dead Patient.

Most people like it as a quirky little fanservice thing.

I laughed quite a bit and was thoroughly entertained whilst reading it and I basically teared up at the end. It was "refreshing" seeing the characters in a less harrowing circumstances and interact more. With Sachiko being unpredictable homicidal little shit, it still had a bit of that vintage "Corpse Party" feel to it in small bursts. The EX chapter upon completing the game is the only one that has the same tone and atmosphere of the the previous games.

>and the birthday game I haven't played yet.
Play this before Blood Drive. It is not entirely necessary, but there is a pivotal plot point/callback to it that will make absolutely no sense unless you are aware of this game's events. I kinda wish I played it first, but it wasn't localized at the time. Again, it's not necessary but you don't lose anything except a few hours in reading it first.

This.

How much for the collector edition?

On amazon it looks like around 50 bucks used, around 150 bucks new.