Boss is another player

>boss is another player
Why don't more games do this?

Attached: monk.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

because its uncreative

Demon's souls had the most fun invasions prove me wrong

Attached: scrap.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

because *snort* this allows cheaters to be bosses, okay?

Attached: dax.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

It's a shame from just dropped a lot of the elements from des that didn't quite work. Tendencies were interesting, the changes in levels and the primal demon slugs that would show up, the old monk fight.

But Old Monk did live on through bosses like Mirror Knight.

Just completed dark souls AoA. Thinking of getting into demons soul, is it worth going back?

>final boss is yourself

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 28K)

>DSP

0/10

Yes and no

are you a big enough of a fucking dumbass to forget the healing on demand with herbs?

i just used poison and plague on the host, pretty sure that cut the amount of health healed by 4
plus my goal was never to kill the host but rather to break all their shit and ruin their day

It's a bit different. When DaS first came out it usually got compared where DeS was a classicvania and DaS was a metroidvania. There are also some annoying mechanics that are obscure. But with all its flaws I still prefer it over DaS. The atmosphere is on point and everything is a bit more eerie and unnerving.

Because the whole gimmick dies when the multiplayer does.

Too bad souls hasn't done the "boss is a carbon copy of the player character" gimmick.

Wait they had that crown in demon souls? I never played it. Whats up with that crown?

DeS is where it originated, it was the old monk's headwrap which would be put on you if you successfully invaded as the boss of the area
you even got to keep it if you won against the other player, iirc it increased your magic damage

>blessed weapon
>regen ring
>adjudicator shield

lol have fun trying to kill me bitches

The crown is the actual Old Monk, that's why anyone who wears it in the boss fight becomes the Old Monk

and Spear of the Church

Attached: sotc.jpg (1300x731, 70K)

that one was fun til they nerfed it to shit, like they did with everything else in that game
exactly why i wont bother with a DeS remake, they'll probably just remove the scraping spear altogether or some shit

And unlike Mirror Knight, Spear of the Church lasted long enough for someone to be summoned.

>nerfed it to shit
You're almost unkillable as Spear

That's really cool. It was my go to headpiece in the rest of the series. Thanks for that tidbit of information you two.

Is this from ringed city? I've never done this.

Yes

because it relies on there being another player to fight without waiting, i.e - only at the games release. Otherwise you get some shitty AI and a player without context is confused