I'm bout to play a 64 game, what should i play?

Attached: IMG_8509 copy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

banjo tooie, not because of some autistic smash hype but because i legitimately like the game

Star Fox 64

Conker

Doom 64

should just call it the rareware 64, mario is the only game worth a damn they didnt make

Quest 64

>OoT
>MM
>OG smash
>mystical ninja
>both pokemon stadiums

that gen was great all around with the bangers ps1 had

Turok 2

Banjo Tooie is legitimately a good game, I have no idea why some people dislike it. BK feels so linear and beta going back to it after Tooie.

Not to mention, Mumbo looks like a fucking nightmare in the first game.

Attached: 4ae97829ea41afdd36e3c0de79c28cad.jpg (235x250, 12K)

F-Zero X

these were the same recommendations i got yesterday, ended up playing lylat wars but felt meh about it. might do tooie since a lot of people are suggesting it

Attached: 64fox.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

Tooie is fun so long as you aren't a complete fucking retarded. The important thing to keep in mind is that not all Jiggies are immediately available, but you can still progress without backtracking much.

Backtracking is fun though once you discover the routes between the worlds. You can revisit old areas and try out new moves in places you couldn't go before.

Fag

>so long as you aren't a completely fucking retarded.
>*retard

Well shit.

Hybrid Heaven

I mean, he's not wrong.

But still, Mario Kart 64 and Bomberman though. There's some gems in there.

Attached: 7654345643654.jpg (840x815, 226K)

so is it safe to say that this is more fun that the first? because the first is kind of gay with all the collecting etc

DK64

I loved the banjo games to death, and I have rose colored glasses on for them, but holy shit DK64 is objectively the best 3d platformer. Huge maps, variety in dopey playable characters, tons of collectibles, weird easter eggs, odd mini games, all of them have fucking guns for some reason.

Fuck this garbage game. I could only ever beat it with a Gameshark.

Paper Mario 64 my dude. My personal favorite N64 game. Or if you’re not feeling an RPG, Rayman 2 is still pretty popping.

Original smash bros is great
WWF No Mercy is great if you were into WWF s a kid (born in the late 80s/90s)
Episode 1 Pod Racer is fun
All mario parties are fun with friends
Mortal Kombat Trilogy wasnt that bad on N64

bm is cool but diddy kong racing is so much better than mk

seconded

paper mario is also prob one of the top 5 on the console

weird cause i saw people describing tooie and thought of the coolest shit that stuck with me from 64.

Yeah, the first is literally a collectathon, but nowhere near close to DK64 (although I love both games, if I'm being honest). Not hating on it, but it's so hard to go back to Kazooie when Tooie improves on it so much.

Tooie is good because it carries on the "difficulty" from the end of the first game. Collecting things requires more effort/skill. The characters even say at the beginning of the game that "things are gonna be harder this time". Everything from enemies to bosses requires something different aside from the usual "bump into them and they're dead", although some are still like that.

Kazooie is comfy, but Tooie is actually challenging, which is why normies don't like it. I always recommend it to anyone who has played the games before.

Attached: Sput_Sput.png (150x236, 69K)

I love DK64 to death, but I hate to admit it because everybody always shits on it for having a shit-ton of things to collect.

Tooie will always beat it, though, because it has more worlds and I don't have to replay them five times as different characters.

Playing alone:
Paper Mario

Playing with friends:
Smash
Perfect Dark

paper mario is easily in the top 5. anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot..

go play kirby's air ride

Thousand-Year Door is better and it always will be.

Goemon's great adventure
(The side scroller its really fun)

who mentioned gamecube? is this not a 64 thread? Away with you, vermin. Read better.

Are those thumbsticks original and tight?

My african genetic cohort.

Ogre Battle 64

Goemon is super based. That's my favorite 64 game.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Paper Mario