/our guy/ Jason makes a very good point. Keep this as a reminder for E3 this year

/our guy/ Jason makes a very good point. Keep this as a reminder for E3 this year.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-07_23-19-49_1.png (1080x770, 147K)

I don't really understand what he means.

/ourguy/ Jason also needs to bring this up for game review embargoes. That said, Walmart Canada has probably been refreshed a billion times this week by the internet.

Report all jason posts. He's a nobody that got shunned from the AAA community.

Seize the means of production Jimbo

You shoudl'nt be upset because something leaked since the only downside is some mega-corp can't announce it on their own terms. Pretty based if you asked me.

I hate when men in suit pretend they are consumer friendly

Nobody is leaking information because everyone is scared of companies sicking their lawyers on leakers Twitter accounts.

I still don't know who the fuck this

Ok

>company plans event to unveil their hard work over the past year
>"hehe, who cares if I undercut your announcement, everything should be public anyways"

He's that one retard that thinks liking big tits makes you a pedo.

In this fucking industry? Anyone pretending they are consumer friendly is welcomed, compared to the usual dagger in the back.

While I agree that who cares if shit leaks, it's obvious he's still seething for getting blacklisted by Bethesda and that's a good thing too.

A shill from IGN tweeted how spoiling e3 announcements is like telling you about your Christmas present.
This is his response and surprisingly very good one.

quick rundown on this guy? how does he get all these exclusive scoops?

>/our guy/
He is kotaku and resetera's guy though, you sayin' you came from there?

>I don't really understand what he means.
They're leaking info because all these journo rags are hemorrhaging cash and are desperate for clicks to survive. He's justifying being a dickbag. It'll lead to publishers and developers not sharing anything with anyone in advance.

Attached: D8gwpY-U8AA5Pb0.jpg (1635x2048, 299K)

He means that morals are only a concern when the gun is pointed at journos and no one else.

This is of course false. We need to start hanging journos from streetlamps again, god wills it.

if I tpld a joke and some rando dickbag shouts the punchline right before i was about to say it, i'd be pretty pissed desu.

He's the only person in games "journalism" who actually does journalism. But he's also the guy who said that pic related was a lolicon fantasy.

Attached: DC_-_Sorceress.png (2000x2215, 2.52M)

>Company plans to reveal a game that they rushed out the door, and forced a development team to work 16 hour days on, with no breaks
>Instead of being revealed in a heavily controlled/monitored event, it leaks openly on the internet. Where first impressions are genuine and filled with disappointment

>quick rundown on this guy?
Big fag among the faggots in Kotaku's staff.

>how does he get all these exclusive scoops?
He is a faggot but it seems he knows how to investigate shit like a journalist should, too bad his opinions echoes with same cancer Kotaku likes to spread.

I'm so 50/50 with this guy. On one hand I hate Kotaku, it's the fucking worst right after every tranny at ResetEra, and sometimes Jason Schreier comes off as an insufferable piece of shit. On the other hand, sometimes he makes some good points and writes articles you never see at other gaming websites. He also has a fuck load of resources and is probably getting more and more every week, so other people won't even be able to compete with him.

He actually does investigative journalism, isn't afraid to call companies out, and usually has objective, research based articles but his opinions on everything are fucking retarded.

>lol why are you unhappy about being told about it by some asshat trying to get twitter clout instead of getting to see a full reveal trailer tailored to blow your mind

>tall obese woman
is that nigga blind?

This. He has some really retarded opinions, but he's also one of the few people actually doing REAL investigative journalism and pissing off multibillion dollar corporations by exposing how shit the games industry is.

Yes. This dude leaked Fallout 4's entire script years before the game was officially announced. But the billion-dollar corporations are evil

>This dude leaked Fallout 4's entire script
So like 300 words?

He's the new Forbes. After the actual Forbes was infested by the gaming industry and forced to play by their rules.

so he's like that old saying "diamond in the rough" but he's actually a piece of fool's gold instead of a diamond and the "rough" is actually a pile of shit?

>he knows how to investigate shit like a journalist should
By getting in bed with everyone in the industry and becoming a rogue member of their marketing team?

Get off Yea Forums Jason, Todd blacklisted Kotaku for this insanity you absolute tard.

he only leaked the intro script when you meet preston garvey

Well yeah, I didn't say a real journalist had any morals.

Jasons the only game journalist thats actually good at his job

I'd rather see the next Smash character the way Sakurai intended rather than see it leak like Ryu did.

He actually investigates.

Prism "All palestinian children must die" Schreier will get his comeuppance eventually.

/ourjew/ doing YHWH’s work

i hope this faggot dies

Jason Schreier has no valid opinion on what "unhealthy culture" is.

You know how most game journalists are all retarded virtue signaling pieces of shit that couldn't write a decent article in their life?
Well, Jason schrier's pretty much that except he puts out a decent article every once in a blue moon.

also he thinks big titty anime waifus pander to pedophiles.

Attached: Jason_Schreier_on_Dragon's_Crown_sorceress.png (1918x788, 337K)

Broken clock, blah blah blah. Hes right.

>He only leaked the intro script
That really doesn't change the fact that he leaked the game and that Bethesda took the appropriate action of pretending Kotaku doesn't exist.

Something more companies need to start doing.

Attached: catte.jpg (436x436, 31K)

Pretty much, more clearly put is
When it comes to Japan he's a lip flapping retard who rode the short bus to school and is too clueless to know fuck all about Japan and its games industry.
When its the west he's actually a competent journalist who does proper investigative journalism though he is still a pretty big shill for AAA at most times.
Its more like a mountain of shit that has a very tiny piece of fool's gold that sometimes shimmers in the right light once every cycle of the moon.

His work is pretty good. His opinions are pretty shit. If he leaks something there's a decent chance it's actually true. That's about all there is to the guy.

Pretty sure he did it for the Fallout 76 criticism and journalists finally calling out Bethesda for their dirty schemes.

Jason's an asshole if he thinks like this. Software development literally wants to show it off in the best context. A screenshot can ruin ALL marketing afterwards if not presented correctly at the right opportunity with the most eyes on it. ITS HOW YOU LOSE TRACTION, JASON. CHRIST.

He's right, but he's also a fag.

i don't understand his point.
ok don't treat revealed spoilers as the end of the world but what does that have to do with "billion-dollar corporations"?
i feel as if all these idiots don't have an actual argument so they just put in scare words THOSE BILLION DOLLAR CORPORATIONS to make it seem like they have one.

>The truth will ruin all marketing if people see how trash a game really is
Honestly, after SOPA and PIPA, we need more journalists that fight the industries they are apart of.

jason "if it has big breasts it's a lolicon fest" schreier

he's just saying this because leaking stuff is literally the only thing he's good at

This was Fallout 4, Bethesda being evil doesn't change the fact he could've potentially put the company in hot water if Todd was put in a really bad mood.

He means seeing a trailer before a trailer release date is a meaningless thing to worry about because it really could have been shown at any time via youtube upload.

Apple had police raid a guy's home when he got a hold of an experimental iPhone. They didn't just kind of disturb things, he came home to everything smashed up and broken. Turned out they never had an official search permit. That's where the gaming industry is headed.

But they don't even show gameplay at E3, its all bullshots no one except a specially trained monkey in a suit gets to play. If you care so much about your shitty trailer leaking you'd better have gameplay that any person in the audience can have a shot at since your job is now to impress the audience or be called fucking boring. Maybe you should stop making shitty movie trailers and focus on the gameplay?

>Anyone pretending they are consumer friendly is welcomed, compared to the usual dagger in the back.
Are you retarded?

>devs spend years of their lives on projects
>excited about finally being able to reveal it
>some rat breaks it early while also dragging out an expose from someone who was fired claiming everyone at your office is a rapist
>everything you worked on crumbles to ash and you're left without a job

>people unironically praising Jason Schreier's "journalism"
He leaks some tiny bits of bullshit he gets from friends he has that are devs in return for consistently toeing the company line 99%
Dont forget when all the Diablo mobile backlash was going on he immediately lept to defend Blizzard and unveiled his "investigation" that Diablo 4 was being worked on all along and that nasty trolls were being counter productive. Not to mention all that GameJournospro shit

Thers no competence or good journalism to what he does, he's just a mouthpiece for corporate interests

user, gaming publishers don't even try to hide their disdain for customers anymore. Any good advice is welcomed.

>NOOO MY BREAD AND BUTTER
>"G-GUYS! IT'S TOTALLY COOL WHAT IM DOING! VERY LEGIT! E-EVERYONE WINS!"

Showing gameplay or not doesn't matter, people work hard on those trailers and for Jason to be the entitled faggot he is and go against companies wishes is why people hate Kotaku in the first place, literally zero standards.

How would reactions be less genuine if the game hasn't been leaked? It's the same information, only coming a bit later. Literally the only difference is who gets credited for the reveal, the people who at least made the fucking thing or some journalist fishing for clicks.

Attached: driller.jpg (341x298, 28K)

isnt that the massive libcuck guy that writes pretty much every clickbait articles Yea Forums likes to repost?

>unveiled his "investigation" that Diablo 4 was being worked on
And that's a good thing, because Blizzard's stock was in freefall from Diablo 4 being far off in the horizon.

>Their megacorp shouldn't get to announce stuff, my big company should for ad revenue

really made me think.

nobody even quoted >>>>>schreier
nice redditcord website you got there

It'd say a lot of it is by companies and done deliberately. It gives people an itinerary. It's like your friends calling you up out of the blue as opposed to your friends asking if you want to do something this weekend, yeah? Plus it's a really good word-of-mouth setpiece: "Did you hear about the new Warcraft leak?" partly just due to the psychology of possessing forbidden knowledge, and partly because it's novel news.

No, that's Patricia Hernandez who left Kotaku about a year ago, hence why these threads have moved from headline posting to twitter posting.

So then maybe they should think
>Well, this shit could get leaked... Is there something we can do that doesn't matter if it's leaked?
What about a game demo?
>NO, that's absurd we'll just cry about it like children, that's far more mature.
Maybe they should grow the fuck up instead of acting like entitled little children and if they don't want shit leaking maybe they shouldn't tell unrelated people about it like fucking retards.

So let me get this straight if they don't have a demo that meets your standards you're going to break an NDA and leak their game out to the public.

Sounds great I'm sure all the AAA's will love working with you in the future.

>Makes for an unhealthty culture
Okay Mr. Schreirer, can you explain what is an "unhealthy culture" and how not spoiling games creates one?

Attached: 16387353_1707279346230522_3928013428765671217_n.jpg (500x750, 29K)

it's all advertising. don't get excited about fucking advertising

people work hard on lots of shit, just because you slaved away on some bullshit bullshot-ridden trailer designed to trick people into buying your rushed half-finished pile of steaming dog shit doesn't entitle you to shit moron

Leaks kill hype, Schrier is a faggot.
How many Nintendo direct hype has been killed because of data miners?

>"unhealthy culture"
where consumers worship the companies they buy products from
>not spoiling games creates one?
he's not talking about spoiling games at all. he's talking about ""spoiling"" advertising campaigns

He's saying that ruining surprises and blabbing about what are supposed to be secrets is okay when he does it

Let me tell you, brothers and sisters, out of all the worms I head-locked and leg-dropped at my Kotaku office, Jason Schreier was the only one with the heart to get back up.

Attached: Hogan.jpg (590x350, 30K)

>ruin game announcements
>"don't l-let ebil corporations tell you that's bad!! unhealthy toxic culture!"
(((Schreier))) must be put to the Zyklon B

You think I give a shit about Triple "let's just make the same game again with nothing different" A's and their kusoge?
>if they don't have a demo that meets your standards
You do understand how low those standards are right? They are quite literally
>THE PUBLIC CAN PLAY IT
Are you telling me that multi billion dollar coorporations are so incompetent they can't even do that?

Go dilate

Just as it doesn't entitle you to work in the industry anymore if you do this. This is exactly why Jason is hated by a lot of people.

Attached: STOPDONTBEAFAG.jpg (640x480, 81K)

>leak stolen information
>get blacklisted
>WOW FUCK GAMERS AND FUCK BETHESDA AND FUCK TODD HOWARD AND FUCK DRUMFF

Attached: drumf gg.jpg (731x537, 103K)

>getting "hyped" for commercials
e3 is the Superbowl for virgins huh

>IT'S ONLY OKAY WHEN I DO IT!!!

even a cuck can be right sometimes

People literally stole confidential information, liking or not, is he retarded or something?

>man blacklisted for stealing from corporations
>"corporations are pure evil"

nobody said it did though? he's already blacklisted you're not even arguing against anything at this point

Half diamond, half turd. He's always right for leaks and industry talks but his opinions are dumb.

i mean just look at that guy.
ofc he has to send out signals that apease the office harpies. a literall BEYTAAAA MALE

>being knowledgable about the industry BAD
>follow twitter trends and high karma redditor blindly GOOD
Fuck off, you aren't even human anymore, cattle

God, no more of this fucking cuck.
Can't he just say he wants to break the news for fame and clicks, and not some pretentious bullshit of "muh hype culture is bad and I'm fighting it"
Just be honest for fucks sake

Attached: 1558108767241m.jpg (1024x749, 103K)

the devs don't treat it as the end of the world.
but surprises exist you fucking clown and devs like to surprise people.
the mentality that exists for a surprise birthday party is the same as a billion dollar produced game.
schreier is a dumb fag that is pissed AAA devs don't give him stuff because he leaks early game announcements and tries to play it off as the BILLIONAIRES.

actually i already saw e3 thanks to leaks so I'm more knowledgable than you are cucklord
get bodied

She works for The Verge now, which was the last Vox property I didn't have DNS sinkholed, at the time.

The guy who sucked Blizzard's dick so hard he still reeks of semen saying "stop sucking up to corporations" is pretty fucking funny.

When are they going to find CP on this faggot's computer already?

I disagree with this. People don't like being spoiled. He's acting like announcement leaks aren't spoilers. The alternative is people giving unwarranted attention to blatant attention whores who are only out for 15 minutes of fame. It's fine to leak information if it's potentially controversial and buyers need to know about it or level their expectations, but that's not typically what we see from insiders.

Learning or not learning about a game's existence before its proper announcement doesn't change who's going to be looking forward to it. It doesn't cultivate worship of the people who made it, at least not from anyone who wasn't already a wacko. It's just that the people who actually put the time and effort into these games also worked to make those announcements entertaining, and we like being entertained. It's that simple. Leakers are very rarely champions of the little guy and painting them as such is totally disingenuous.

Attached: 1463978501448.png (84x178, 10K)

>calls someone else cattle
>sucks AAA jew dev cock for a chance at some WOOOO HYPEEEEEE for literal commercials
>upset because the commercials came out earlier than expected
The irony lmao

except he does spoil games you fucking idiot.
the fallout 4 script leak wasn't related to an advertising campaign. it was the fucking script of a game.

Says the leaker faggot who's butt hurt for being blacklisted cuz he leaked shit

Reminder that Shreier is a kike cuck with no remorse over the hard work companies put into their trailers and previews. It’s a disgusting sight that “people” champion journorats from stealing that hard work for themselves. Without the work put into every single trailer, you wouldn’t know which games are coming out or whats it’s about. Spoiling these trailers is sacrilege and a breach into the developers trust. Leaks should be stopped, all journorats should be hanged and everyone should tune in to get hype for the amazing, jaw-dropping spectacles of unleaked trailers.

>50 50 on some maniac who endorses political doxxing

>but surprises exist you fucking clown and devs like to surprise people
Well clearly they don't because THEY KEEP LETTING THEIR SHIT LEAK. If they really wanted to surprise people THEY WOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING TO ANYONE UNRELATED TO THE PROJECT.
BUT
THEY
DO

I'm arguing against you inability to understand why what Jason did made everyone at Kotaku look like even bigger dunces than usual. Even their incestuous sister sites were doing double takes. You don't break NDAs like that or else everyone on the staff looks bad. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game you were shown but thats life. What Jason did there was purely for clickbait, attention, and degeneracy.

Attached: ranger reading the news.jpg (1280x1280, 299K)

The worst thing is, leaking is one thing, but this goes beyond a screenshot or something, he outright leaked a whole fucking script. This goes far beyond the "blurry screenshot" leak. And he thought he would get away with it.

Is he implying the leak was deliberate?

its actually less genuine if its leaked because its no guarantee the information is entirely correct

Attached: low quality.jpg (200x200, 5K)

He should be fucking fired and blacklisted for doing that to poor Todd. He poured his heart and soul into Fallout 4.

Leaks aren't on purpose though, you act as if they have a choice. Retards always try doing it for attention or money.

i could not give even a single fuck about kotaku or kikeson kikeser, the fact that you see e3 and leaks as anything other than an opportunity to see some video game shit is actually pathetic as hell. get a life you moron this board is for video games not obsessing over developers and their e-drama. sincerely kill yourself

This, still waiting for Todd to send all the New Vegas fans to the reeducation camps.

Attached: Herr Todd.jpg (900x740, 339K)

>"This board is for video games not obsessing over video games."

Attached: ac21a37c8636423601d2dad9279c3744--portrait-pictures-game-concept.jpg (500x700, 69K)

Then go to another thread? You are the one having a conversation about something you don't care for.

>Leaks aren't on purpose though
If some retard makes a wild guess based on logic and is right, that's not a leak, that's just an educated guess. If it leaks because of incompetence then it's the devs fault. If someone literally hacked their way into the servers of the company and pulled info that way, THEN it wouldn't be the devs fault. Otherwise its incompetence, plain and simple.

Attached: ib8SX3k.jpg (600x800, 64K)

This. Does anyone have the tweet where he says it's fun to make fun of people defending corporations next to the one where he tells people to leave Blizzard alone after the Diablo fiasco?

tell me what game a twitter screencap complaining about people who complain about leaks is about

Except in this case Jason had friends in Bethesda that outright let him look at Fallout 4's development material.

>I'm losing the argument better make the claim that the subject isn't even related to video games even though I just spent all this time talking about it.
Seethe harder.

Attached: Memesman1.jpg (989x1334, 318K)

BASED

So it leaked because of dev incompetence.

It's one thing for something to leak months in advance or something that's not going to be announced getting leaked or something. But why would I want to have something leaked just a day or two before it's going to be announced anyway? I would prefer to enjoy the moment of the reveal.

Not to defend Jason, but that's also incompetence. Despite being friends, you can't trust them not to leak shit, especially if your friend is a slimy journalist who would do anything for some clicks.
Yes Jason is at fault, but so are the devs for showing him

>steal from devs
>WOW WHY DIDN'T THE DEVS JUST MIND CONTROL THEIR STAFF TO NOT STEAL FROM THEM
Even with an NDA in place, people can still break it if they want to risk losing their jobs or even a lawsuit.

One or two idiots isn't representative of the whole company.

Amazing how literally anyone else would get blacklisted in journalism for this, but he gets a pass

Maybe people just need a reminder. if that picture were to spread around, he probably wouldn't like that very much.

The two idiots unfortunately do represent the company if the company keeps them. They made the mistake of showing him, and it's their fault, especially considering they signed NDAs

Not always the case, if they grow to the point they stand above their peers they can massively change how the company operates. At times this idea actually holds true user.

Has he ever addressed that picture now that time has passed?

Your forgetting he only is saying this in response of getting blacklist for playing jewish tricks to get info by breaking NDA. I don't care if they want """scoops""" by leaking info first but don't get assblasted when devs don't want to work with you and scream "AAAAHHH THEY'RE ATTACKING JOURNALIST JUST LIKE EVIL ORANGE MAN." AAA devs are kikes too but Jason is a bigger kike than them.

Also why doesn't this fall under e-celeb shit?

I like how you can just throw "corporate" into anything and convince people that feeling the way they do about certain things makes them a sheep. I don't need "billion-dollar corporate marketing" to tell me I should be bummed about leaks, I'm gonna be bummed about leaks because one of the main reasons I look forward to E3 is the reveals. Seeing the DMCV or Nier Automata announcement wouldn't have been nearly as insane if someone had posted a screencap of a RetardEra thread where someone leaked a promo image of it a week in advance.

wow, he's this salty that bethesda blacklisted him?

>learning about a game 174 days in advance of its release
I sleep.
>learning about a game 176 days in advance of its release
REAL SHIT.

They apparently blacklisted all of Kotaku because he wanted that sweet sweet clickbait money.

Again thanks Todd.

I don't give Todd enough credit. Maybe i'll go out and buy Skyrim for the first time

The fact that he acts like it's some great injustice that they black listed him is fucking hilarious
>Leak info that you knew for a fact bethesda didn't want leaked
>They take proper measures to ensure you'll never have a chance to do it again
>THIS IS JUST LIKE BRUMPF!

>((schreier))

I'd take a bullet over believing anything this fucking kike says

Never call this kike faggot our guy even as a joke

Leaking something that's being developed in secret is cool; we get new, exciting/interesting information we couldn't have otherwise.
Leaking something that's about to be announced anyway in a couple days is lame; it's just spoiling the fun of the upcoming event for no reason.

>YOU'RE GOING TO DESTROY THE REACTION VIDEO BUSINESS FATHER!

Kotaku needs to choose between gaming journalism and yellow journalism. If they're going to choose the latter, they shouldn't be surprised when thr companies they piss on no longer want to have working relationships with them.

>they haven't responded to a single Kotaku email for 4.5 years
Please don't give me a reason to like Bethesda.

Jesus christ user they may be a Japanese culture focused website but you can't just call that yellow journalism.

>MEGACORP BAD
>TABLOID (ALSO PART OF A MEGACORP) GOOD

Jason Schreier is a total faggot who used to openly talk about how much he hates Palestinians on Luelinks and wanted them al to die especially the children

He means that shit Ubisoft does where they "leak" game info before it's officially announced to drum up hype or test the waters.

Companies should be happy about leaks. For example Ninja Theory's poor overwatch ripoff got a full day of interest from the press where that shit would've been completely forgotten after the MS conference if more hype reveals are announced minutes after it's official reveal.

It’s almost like human beings are complex creatures.

Except a leak could be taken in a bad way. A single out of context screenshot can result in people shitting all over it

>how dare you not meet my standards
>you shouldn’t have control over your own marketing or be allowed industry secrets at all

Fuck off, dumb commie.

yeah because the clicks for your website are more valuable and moral. Fuck off.