Destiny 2

Holy shit, it happened. Anime girl avatars will now forever infest this game.

Attached: 1559863696330.png (977x707, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0wVt0cnDTg
bungie.net/7/en/PCMove
implyingrigged.info/wiki//vg/_League_12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao

>no new enemies
Boy i really love ogres and knights and wretches and the other 2 forgettable enemies spammed ad infinitum.

105 gb space is that real?

At least people will play it on Steam, lol.

Is the game good now? Stopped more or less after beating Warmind's campaign

It's not good, but it's okay if 1) you are into loot hunting and 2) you have friends to play with.

Forsaken massively improved it. I still say wait til it comes out on steam tho.

user...

it's gonna be great again

youtube.com/watch?v=S0wVt0cnDTg

This game ruined my positive impression of dlc expansions.
It is downright scamy.

Yeah but did switching platforms make it any less boring?

Ok, I'll bite. What's so "scammy" about it?

Any way to obtain old ornaments yet?
Might consider returning if there is, as cosmetics are the most important aspect of an online game with character customization as far as I'm concerned.

Don't tell me you don't have at least 5TB of secondary storage.
What are you? A hard-drive-let?

I dunno, what year is it? Is that really that large to you?

Attached: 1557936987109.gif (448x320, 720K)

Basically it is an endless dlc cycle promising to fix the game/revitalise the game.
Yet the game is in a constant beta state. Fixes the game needs never get implemented from dlc to dlc.
Every dlc is basicaly recycled destiny 1 content and recycled reshaded enemies.
105gbs is a big no from me dog. I have better games to put on my hdd. Not greedy scam games.

Nope. Which sucks, because the Y1 IB and Crucible armor got re-released.

yes but the important part is that soon games will take up 200+ GB due to uncompressed audio surely you understand right user?

I disagree, if anything Destiny is one of the few AAA games left where the expansions actually feel like expansions, adding things like new gear, locations, maps, strikes, and tweaks to multiplayer. Its probably not as great as Witcher 3's DLC from what I've read but there's definitely plenty to it, especially in terms of updates.

2019 thats too large seriously

>a handful of exotics make up the entirety of the DLC

>Cross-save means I can finally move my guardians to PC

Attached: 964a955c41266b85c22d32928f03b9f1ebc677b9d4f8a7a5a3ed251fa0a1f211.png (1062x462, 433K)

>there are people who have probably spent a around thousand dollars on the base game and expansions alone.

Yay! I I can finally add Destiny to my Ignore list.

Another thing they did was lock people out of content that didn't have particular dlc/all the dlc/latest dlc.
Now they are pulling a oh shit we better open the game up completely with a standalone expansion because no one wants to pay for all the dlc.

I'm glad they're addressing the issue with most MMOs though

>hey friend come play this online game i've played for a year with me

>ok

>alright friend now all you have to do is play 80 hours of content grinding to get to my level so we can play together!

fucking bullshit and good riddance

Haven't played this since like December, can I get a quick rundown on how even more shitty it's gotten?

SOUULLLL
>Janitor block
Heck yeah

Attached: 400.jpg (387x400, 141K)

lmao. they put this shit up on steam now. if you make a 15% done game and sell it for $60 dont expect to get more money after some stupid dlc that adds 2 hours of content

Attached: 1557939592029.gif (448x320, 2.73M)

Do any weebs play these games?

>$40 for forsaken
>$60 for new expansion

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

we really mean it this time we are giving the players what they want.

It's 35 for expansion, 60 for expansion + season pass essentially

you mean $35 for half of the expansion
if you dont get the new raids and exotics what's the point

It happened! This game will have more than five players online.

Thats the other thing i hate about this game. They deliberately engineered the game to be dead.
No one queues for anything.
You don't know depressing feelings until you spend an hour doing a strike alone on hard hoping someone will join.

at least the PC release should be vibrant for about a week before everyone moves on to the next flavor of the week

remember that time in the Warmind DLC the concept art showed actual new variants of the Hive that made them look really cool and Rasputin had constructs as enemies to fight and Rasputin looked like robot jesus?
But then in the dlc we got frosted hive and nothing but lame ass shit all around
the game has damn good lore and world building but it dropped the ball on actually delivering them in game

Attached: ed1a3d73074633.5bfd88be96344.jpg (1400x467, 296K)

what are these from??

Buy shadowkeep you get to fight strawberry frosted hive.

If it's anything at ALL like the first game which I must have dropped 40 hours into, no, and it never will be.

one of those wizards honestly looked like one from the concept art
I wish they would do a little more in terms of variants
the concept art is always better
even SIVA fallen are leagues cooler in concept art because theyre straight up body horror

Attached: SIVA Splicers.jpg (1200x675, 88K)

I'd love if lore was like this was copied over to a Star Citizen type game.
Star Citizen is what Destiny should feel like.

dude the game is huge

My issue with the game is when Destiny 1 came out, it was shit. Then The Taken King fixed everything and people loved it and right before the end of its life span, they released Age of Triumph which brought up all the old raids to the new ilvl and had a bunch of cool shit.

Then Destiny 2 came out and they literally did the same fucking thing. Stuff that was in D1 wasn’t in D2 at launch for some reason and ended up getting added back into the game later down the line. And they sold another fucking expansion (Forsaken) that claimed to fix all the issues in the game just like D1

fuck post garbled I'd love if Destiny's lore was ported over to a Star Citizen style engine and universe.
I want to actually have a space ship not it be a loading screen decoration.

This.
Don't get me wrong I like the game, but ive been waiting since D1 for a completely new race of enemy. All we've gotten is reskinned variants over and over

>shadowkeeper takes you back to Destiny 1s starting era and the moon
They have no new ideas. It is all just the same stuff.

they have plenty of new ideas given the concept art
its just a matter of making money with minimal effort

Attached: Rasputin Constructs.jpg (1920x1080, 595K)

You sound like a shill

This is marathon era tier concept art,
The problem is they have some person on their team deliberately sabotaging the game for weird ideological reasons. No i'm not invoking politics.
I mean shit like them believing features that would make players finding fire teams easy are "antisocial"
It just reeks of red hot retardation.

i think that person is gone considering they said they are trying to make the it more social in game in the recent vidoc and stream

Attached: 7b9aef73074633.5bfd88be8e3af.jpg (1400x2489, 1.19M)

Not memeing just how fucked Warframe is now?

It was 80gb on battle net which turned me off from downloading

I wish, I'm too deep in the hole to quit. But you're really underselling Destiny's expansions, unless you're talking about something like the Annual Pass or Curse of Osiris.

Games should be max 50 gbs. If it can be reduced to 20 or 10gbs that is even better.
Just make a new game if you feel the need to go over 50gb

i don't know how to really gauge that
is there even a huge overlap in interest for the two games?

it could have been activision execs consider how obvious they were of stating how much of mistake teaming up with them was

Attached: 1494209245205.png (546x710, 499K)

I will now take this time to dump very cool concept art that I wish they would have went all in with
I do not know to blame Activision for crunching them on time or anything so they couldn't make the effort to actually make new models or not/
But I feel for a company of that size and talent it should have been no problem at all

Attached: f0f2b273074633.5bfd88be880fb.jpg (1400x2489, 1.31M)

From what I've heard people from Destiny move to Warframe cause how disappointing Bungie's game was

They're from a mahjong game, forgot what it was called

tfw no robot jesus Rasputin
it hurts so much

Attached: Rasputin.jpg (1400x2489, 1.42M)

Why does Titan armor look like absolute shit compared to Destiny 1? Did they fire the competent designers and replace them with apes?

So what will happen if I already own it?

they pretty much brought back this cool D1 armor thats slightly different
but it was eververse only so good luck getting good rolls for any pieces you wanted
luckily they were saying armor perks and shit was being changed to be more customizable in the new dlc
so I hope we can finally look good and be effective

Attached: Sun Breaker.jpg (674x973, 59K)

I'm still unsure how much blame should go to Bungie or Activision right now. Bungie has done some really bad stuff like Season of the Drifter as well as constantly several Destiny-related content in development, but Activision also probably pushed Bungie to implement some form of MTX and to constantly rush out sequels.
Also while there's plenty of people working at Bungie you also have to remember the "Too much cooks" saying, and the fact that D2 had 3 fucking studios working on it, one of who contributed to the PC port and the final annual pass expansion, for a series that ultimately is still all over the place.

Pauldrons are too obnoxious like most Titan sets in d2

They haven't added new strikes since Forsaken, and they only added three with it. I can't possibly count the literal hundreds of times I've done Savathun's Song strikes. They used to be my favorite part of the game but there's nothing new. Oh and the strikes from Forsaken suck dick too, 2/3 bosses has a shitty invuln or scripted chase mechanic.

CoO strikes and environments were dogshit too. Mercury is so insubstantial they disabled sparrows to artificially elongate playtime. Mars was OK though.

theyre pretty much identical to the ones in d1 taken king dlc from the vanguard
i think its that the titans got bulkier character models in 2 so it makes it seem bigger

Attached: Titan Armor.jpg (1200x793, 147K)

They added Gambit Prime which is OK, better than regular format Gambit. it included a horde mode for Prime-specific armor. The forges are now a la carte, so you can pick whichever frame you desire and forge it in the universal forge for a chance at Jotunn. Added in Outbreak Prime, The Last Word and Thorn. Opulance is pretty weak so far. Day 1 raid completed in 4h40m. Crucible is still fucked, faction events are still gone, Trials is still gone. Iron Banner is the only remaining recurrent staple outside of MTX-centric seasonals. Time gating persists.

It's not just character model dude, some retard at Bungie decided titan pauldrons should be horizontally huge for no reason. Look at this shit

Attached: pauldrons.jpg (1918x929, 123K)

yeah i know about the nohr set
i honestly like it desu
makes me feel like a big rhino beetle
but i understand not every set of armor should be like that, noble constant armor shoulders are way too big i think as well, hell youre right that most all of them are way too big
but d1 stuff is smaller at least
I just want more fur collars

Attached: Hive Knight and Titan.jpg (1280x636, 93K)

Becasue blizzard told them big pauldrons.

Lol I got Destiny 2 for like 3$ from a humble bundle and dispite playing for an hour and uninstalling it I still feel ripped of for being an early adopter
>thanks for beta testing
Ligma nuts F2P fags, your all labor day noobs

LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED

>Paying for beta testing

Attached: ....jpg (400x346, 80K)

>Halo: Reach: 8GB
>Destiny 2: 105GB

What went wrong?

>not using proper file compression
Fuck those people i refuse to download any game over 75 gigs

>warcraft 3: 1.5GB
>world of warcraft: 60GB

WOAH

Attached: 1557379172497.gif (220x166, 189K)

Attached: 1557374300910.webm (640x266, 655K)

So now they've also ripped off Warframe's potato children?

cool can't wait to go hunting for that barely reskinned d1 loot again but now by killing RED hive

don't forget to buy the battle pass i mean season pass i mean annual pass

An alien made up of a bunch of worms? Stop recycling your old ideas, Bungie.

Attached: 1543324964479.jpg (650x494, 48K)

>
Why the fuck does it matter how many people play it? You only play with 3 other people max in your party LoL

So accounts are being transfered to the steam version or what?

Some of the designs aren't bad, it's just the execution. Give me more fur collars, more marks that aren't loincloths, and smaller pauldrons and i'll be happy. It really sucks because sentinel is my favourite class, but I just hate how they look right now

yes

bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

is there any weapon that looks like a halo weapon? every weapon I've seen looks piss retarded

Does Captain King make a cameo?

>the game has damn good lore and world building but it dropped the ball on actually delivering them in game
This, there's a fuckload of cool shit in the background but you never see it. It's all generic as fuck.

generic would actually be better, that's more what d1 was

d2 they tried to turn it into some shitty joss whedon action comedy epic. vanilla d2 has some of the worst writing i've ever seen.

>Some normal ass human surrounded by centuries old warrior philosphers
>"You know we may be just regular humans but we're really good at shooting bad guys!"
>Meanwhile Io Scientist is just Rick
>Le deadpan schitzophrenic AI
>The ghost, the character who speaks THE MOST in the game, is flat and uninspired
I liked the Titan NPCs at least, they played to type well. Also, fuck Cayde glad he's dead

Transfer to your steam account. Everything you own will be available.

I claimed the free version of Destiny 2 on Battle.Net but have not touched it. Game looks like trite shit I've played a million times before.
Mass Effect 3 MP at least was something different.

Stop blaming Activision for everything and accept that Bungie is just talentless and has been fucking this up since they lost their lead writer before launch.

You dumb or something? 35$ one will have the raid and new exotics, the 60$ had the annual pass which is just small DLC.

remember that time in d1 where they built up all sorts of mystery and wonder about the warminds and rasputin and the worm gods that the hive worship?
and then in the warmind dlc we were finally gonna see both
and then instead of having some amazing scenes or good story akin to the lore entries about rasputin and his amazing power or a worm god and its power we got rasputin that literally did NOTHING and xol a wormgod that was a bigger pushover than the cabal duo on the dreadnought?
forget about having anything cool like rasputin calling down his insane weaponry and might to help us defeat a worm god because it was too much for us
not to mention nokris the other son of oryx and brother of crota, something as mighty and important as that just got nothing and killed like nothing

lets not forget the build up of the followers of osiris and his trials from d1, what mystery all of that had to it
and then they made brother vance a huge faggot fan boy instead of anything important and ruined the whole image of osiris and his followers and the entirety of the story barely involved osiris at all
but hey at least osiris looked cool

Attached: Osiris.jpg (880x1200, 202K)

that would first require anyone to play it at all

ghost has always been the fucking worst
i hate that he talks for me
it makes me hate him so much more
>reading notes from tolands journal on how to defeat and understand the hive
>talking about how dark and evil everything is, real important shit that helps us win
>ghost says "i bet this guy was fun at parties"
HAHAHA GOOD ONE GHOST, FUCK THIS NERD AM I RIGHT HAHAHAHA

>approaching the fight to oryx, a fucking space god monster king
>get prepped for the encounter
>taken orb watching us on approach
>"i think oryx knows were here.... hi oryx"
I fucking hate ghost so much its unbearable

is this a f2p game?

raw audio files and fmvs mostly

Destiny 2 is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Attached: 1549678015138.gif (121x121, 37K)

It will be in 3 months

it will never be a f2p game, only a perpetual "demo" version

same, gfl poster

Attached: 1557339751634.gif (500x500, 299K)

how do you transfer your save progress to steam version?

People have the space and the internet speed that 100gb files aren't a big deal to download anymore, but that's not the point.
Developers are using the fact that people can handle it as an excuse to abandon compressing files, and this laziness has lead to every major release having at least a third of its filesize taken up by uncompressed audio and video files, and god forbid a game have support for more than one language. Enjoying that 5-10gb per language of audio files you don't understand and will never use?

They're let you know when you can and how to do it.

Been playing Destiny 2 and Borderlands 2 simultaneously (both solo), while I enjoy the crucible, i'm enjoying the gunplay, loot, and progression of BL2 way more. Anything that I am missing out on as a new player of Destiny 2, that might change my mind?

Are you kidding me?

Are you fuckers complaining about GB space?

Shadow keep is going to come with

ALL OF DESTINY 1
ALL RAIDS OF DESTINY 1
ALL MAPS
ALL WORLDS
DESTINY 2
ALL EXPANSIONS
ALL MAPS
ALL EXTRA MODES
ALL GUNS
ALL RAIDS
REMIXED RAIDS
TRANSMOG
CROSS SAVE
HD TEXTURE PACK

No shit it's going to be almost 100GB it's a fucking huge game now.

Attached: Destiny_2_20170908162825.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

SOPPO TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: SOP bath.jpg (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Any more?

Soppo a best girl and I wish they'd buff titans goddamnit just let me be a space knight.

Attached: soppo.jpg (439x644, 89K)

>all of destiny 1
Lol are you stupid? The only thing of destiny 1 you get is a remastered prologue.

Attached: 102169.jpg (225x350, 37K)

reminder to watch OURGIRL play some fucking divegrass this sunday

implyingrigged.info/wiki//vg/_League_12

grenades never miss!

>All this generic ass shit in caps
Lol
CROSS SAVE
ALL THE GUNS

Also no, no it isn't, the dlcs are all cart

>it's a ded game!

I love this meme

Attached: 1542587453807.png (280x421, 204K)

>ALL OF DESTINY 1

They didn't mention nothing about Destiny 1 they just said it'll come with Forsaken and new content that's it

I bought this game on release, played up through titan, dropped it. Came back recently to continue doing vanilla content. It's ok. Hope moving to steam isn't a huge fucking hassle.

>RNG armor rolls are being turned into cosmetics that you just socket mods into like gems

This is everything i wanted

Attached: 1515996874502.png (486x325, 106K)

Well nobody did gave a shit when it was free on Battlenet cause how barebones it is

Did some research. Something Called VIPER comes up for the second one. Not much more I can find than that.

>battlenet

that's why. steam is the key

Wasn't Bungie was caught with throttling xp and loot drops? Just how grindy the free to play version will be? I lost complete trust on them after that shit they pulled

Attached: 1507879598406.gif (377x297, 34K)

uncompressed audio in 9 languages

Is the new DLC any good? I stopped playing a month ago and after all the nerfs they did to the game, I don't know if I want to play it anymore. I'll probably start playing MemeLands again with friends since it came out on PS+

Oh yeah, Destiny 2 has been a wild ride of bullshit and a class in how not to run a service game. You arent misremembering it was a big controvsery

Destiny 2 veteran here. Still play it because I like it.

Yes.

Basically what happened was that after playing for 3 hours that day your xp was cut by like 25% and your chanceds of getting the best weapons was cut in half and the percentages of getting those weapons were already low even with the boosters.

Witcher 3 is half of that and has more content. Warframe is a third of that and has more content.

Attached: smug wayne.jpg (652x573, 132K)

So isn't there a possibility they might make it worse since it's free to play?

>all cart
bruh. it's a la carte.

Now since for whatever reason its impossible to preorder with Forsaken, should I actually buy the 40 bucks edition with everything in it?
Considering I will not be doing raids or PvP.

I know but it got auto corrected and I'm in bed so I was feeling too fucking lazy to fiddle it into being the right phrase when it would be clear what I meant from context

40 bucks isn't bad for the amount of content you get, just don't expect anything amazing. This is a sleepy game for comfy times

ah okay. i just thought you were dumb.

>the amount of content you get
Go on

I would but then you all would just call me a shill.

Give me the cliff notes.
Hours in story, pve gameplay modes. I mean the only vaguely appealing thing here is the lore apparently. So is there at least a little value in this for pure solo play.

Well I've only played vanilla, but if.you do all the sidequests and stuff you're looking at about 20-30 hours or more... Granted if you do that you'll be insanely overleveled for the plot missions, but the AI is poop and uninteresting and bullet sponge anyway so that's a good thing

Though it does make you wonder why everyone is so spooked by Vex when you are biggus dickus the godslayer willing ancient Eldritch horrors with a shotgun like sci-fantasy doom guy

At least until you randomly run across an end game "wanted" npc with 600 item level who one shots you

As for the lore... It's there but presented very poorly. If at all. Some of the character performances are good. Others are atrocious. You'll see a lot of canned/repeated content. This is an MMO. Think of it like that. For a long time you literally had to load a website and read the lore online... It's fully voice acted though, and the art design is great (except the Titan armor). The environments are top notch.

>you'll be insanely overleveled for the plot missions, but the AI is poop and uninteresting and bullet sponge anyway so that's a good thing
This is appealing to me
>until you randomly run across an end game "wanted" npc with 600 item level who one shots you
I'm getting flashback from the division here. I take it the actual farming is in raids for proper gear then.

>I'm getting flashback from the division here. I take it the actual farming is in raids for proper gear then.
Perks are on any armor and the aim is to get the right combination to suit your needs. Raid gear (and other activities) can roll with a set of 'enhanced perks' - raid exclusive weapons are generally more important.

Not that this really matters since the whole armor system is changing in three months.

It's less of a possibility and more of a guarantee. Destiny 2 is a platform for selling microtransactions.

>This is an MMO. Think of it like that

Attached: 1559182183945.jpg (431x341, 18K)

>At least until you randomly run across an end game "wanted" npc with 600 item level who one shots you
I also only played vanilla (because I got it free) and that was the dumbest bullshit. Why the fuck is it that, when I'm just trying to get to the start point for a low-level mission, some 7 trillion power douchebag AI camps it and 1-shots me every time I get close? What the fuck were they thinking?

It's so not dead that it went f2p only 2 years after release and was being given away for free only a year after release.

Yeah, don't even bother farming/grinding until level cap and end game. Just follow the loot treadmill and swap items as they come

Am I playing Destiny or Diablo 3 here.

>This is appealing to me
Let me put it this way, I am literally twice the recommended level for the story quests I am doing, I have not grinded in the slightest, just made sure to do all the plot missions and occasional public events

Funny you mention it cause there are some similarities, particularly in the skill system.. no RMAH though

...just an in game cosmetics store

Didn't they add sets not so long ago?

Yeah but you need to be lvl 50 to equip them rite?

The sets only work in one game-mode.

They literally came out the closet and called it an MMO.

That's not how it works at all.

>Destiny

Attached: BkPgBDYIUAMKAB9[2].jpg (277x277, 13K)

Why are you telling me? Tell the developers that.

"They literally came out of the closet" implies that it's an actual MMO because they said it is.

Exactly, don't know why they would say it when it isn't.

It's an mmo, kiddo. You're a nobody compared to a big dev. If they say it's an mmo, it is. Get fucked kid.

Alright, alright user.

Why is that term even so important to you? MMO come and go in various shapes and all you do is apply your warped and dusted definition to it.

You're applying your warped and nonsensical definition to it, while pretending the actual, commonly understood definition is "dusted" because basically any game can be an mmo if the dev says so. Why is it so important for you to do act this way?