Ctrl+f Baldur's Gate 3

>ctrl+f Baldur's Gate 3
>0 matches
You weak motherfuckers. Where's the hype at? Larian is currently the best studio for the bg series looking at their recent success with DivOS2, which is one of the best iso-rpgs of the past decade.
We gonna fight illithids and shit and it's gonna be glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs
youtube.com/watch?v=LI4v6hC_rjM

Attached: larian.jpg (800x447, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tGjDvP2LlhU
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/nwn2-client-extension
youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs
youtube.com/watch?v=UtnP7XRVQeo
animeherald.com/2015/07/06/voice-actress-shannon-burgess-found-dead-in-home/
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Chaotic_Commands
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Give me sequel Jaheira!

Attached: Sequel Jaheira.png (210x330, 136K)

Hello, Gith?
Mindflayers are invading.

Attached: 200w_s.gif (200x150, 19K)

>all these people wanting the stuff they like to be shat on with sequels instead of wanting new original works

how many more decades will this shit continue for

Attached: bgmap.jpg (984x1441, 608K)

Why the fuck should I be hyped for one of my favorite series being brought back but using a system that landed itself in my least favorite RPG systems of all time after one game of it? Fuck you.

Gith ARE cute!

Attached: Zhjaeve.jpg (610x878, 64K)

Larian also has made a huge amount of sheer garbage. Never played Divinity 2 since their earlier titles were such letdowns.

I hope they don't fuck it up. Will BG3 be using a D&D ruleset?

5th edition

i want to play as a mindflayer

Attached: BG1NPC.jpg (382x595, 213K)

writer is a he/him

Apparently 5 edition if I remember correctly. But they said "certain things wont work in game and we will have to change them when they come up" if memory hit chance is ripd.

>Larian also has made a huge amount of sheer garbage
They did. But their latest 2 games are great and DivOS2 is miles better than DivOS1, it's an upward trajectory, my lad. Your skepticism is misplaced.
Larian are not degrading and rotting creatively like bioware or obsidian or inexile or some other "legendary rpg studio of old".

I want it to be more Divinity OS than Baldurs gate

I love larian but the fit is all wrong. everything they do is jokey and can't maintain a serious story for more than 2 minutes at a time

Question: all shitty EEs from Beamdogs give you the original games? Baldurs, Planescape, etc....

You have persuaded me to be wary, but slightly optimistic.

Attached: Will to live restored.gif (250x188, 2.59M)

rpg thread?

tyranny is extremely fucking bad, I'm borderline shocked

What have they made outside of Divinity OS1 and 2 and Dragon commander?

Just torrent the og versions, there's nobody alive from the creators

Divinity II which was an decent ARPG game, granted the combat sucked ass.

I like the themes and some of the locales but holy fuck everything else especially the combat is complete garbo.

I liked that you had to Either choose ISIS or NAZIS

I dropped it really quick but i feel like i should give it another chance.
Lots of people who didn't like pillars swear by it.

Any idea for Baldur's Gate 2 charname? I wanna try evil for once.

Attached: caf10f4851574a7f465e1a0c0da30746.png (562x750, 458K)

Tyranny and Pathfinder are unironically the only good new isometric cRPGs. Fight me if you want but you know I'm right.

Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity 2

I finished it and no. Pillars is way better in everything

7 hours in, not dropping it yet I'll give it a chance

Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Divinity 2 and its expansion.

I'm playing serpent in the staglands, it's weird

The prologues is fucking great. Then it's all downhill to the point of "what in the fuck am I playing"
The first Pillars are pretty good. Deadfire is dogshit though. Just play Underrail or Age of Decadence

Wish I waited to play Pathfinder. Shit was so broken I had to end my campaign even though I enjoyed it despise it.

Pillars is only good for the gameplay anyway, and deadfire is an improvement in this.

Pathfinder is amazing when they fix the bugs. Tyranny is rushed, underdeveloped, undermanned, strayed away from the epic prologue and it fucking ends where it should've started for real. NPCs are garbage, companions are all garbage save for one. RP is neat and some choice things are actually fun and interesting. But overall it's not a very good game

What?

shit opinion, kill yourself. explain how you can like pillars 1 but not pillars 2

I'm still excited to play Pillars 1, but yeah I will be trying Underrail and AoD first.

Pillars 1 has better story, better characters, better side quests, better keep management, better writing, better factions, better RP and better ending(s).
Pillars 2 has better combat and better leveling system. The rest varies from mediocre to absolute dogshit. New characters are garbage, recurring characters are ruined to the ground. There is literally only 1 memorable side quest in the entire game. The whole plot doesn't matter, neither of your choices matter. Ship management is a fucking web-browser game from 2004. Shall I continue?

I'd be hyped for DivOS 3. Why the fuck can't people just leave this fucking series be. It's been 20 years.

What
Divos2 is inferior to 1 especially in the combat department.

I CAN'T WIAT FOR BG3 5THED DND!!!!

Attached: 2mNrSTA.jpg (846x8037, 2.48M)

>Never played Divinity 2
Your loss. Divinity 2 is great.
>their earlier titles were such letdowns
What? Divine Divinity is superb!

no, because what you already wrote is awful

>Where's the hype at?
I'll get hyped when they show good gameplay, nigger

He's right

Its all so tiresome

i used to do 2 man parties of sorcerers, one with edwins portrait and one with xans. if i go with a berzerker for main character i always take the default human guy one that 'abdel' has, which that pic doesn't have for some reason. if i go kensai mage solo or fighter/mage/thief solo i always take edwins portrait.

i usually go with Abe

Attached: RAAE0017_1-me.jpg (456x594, 110K)

Yes they do

How so? I’m not a fan of the armor system in 2, but combat seems more varied than 1.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but this is the sad truth.

Eh, hard to get hyped over a cinematic these days. Show me gameplay and then we'll talk.

Also Baldur's Gate has always sucked, announce IWD 3 if you want to get me hyped.

Hopefully they have different writers working on this

Dude I'm so fucking hyped like never before. Actually I was never hyped the last few years so yeah. When someone would do a bg3 justice, it would be larian Im sure

how was Neverwinter Night 2? was it good?

Attached: 26872824_771265299731810_2713596114690375680_n.jpg (384x384, 32K)

Attached: 1556648408580.png (334x346, 127K)

From what I know its not as popular because the toolset to make modules was more difficult to mess with.

Forever.

Not that user but:
Even though the pacing of the story in pillars 1 was shit and there were info dumps everywere I liked it, the whole watcher thing was interesting to me. Even though it was not fleshed out properly I liked that you going mad provided a personal motivation to chase after Thaos beyond "muh must stop bad guy".
The white march dlc is really fucking good and better than the main game in basically all aspects.
Even though they were kind of basic I liked most of the companions in P1 (eder, aloth, the ranger dwarf, hirvanas usw) and those that were unlikable were at least interesting and well written, if a bit wordy.

Pillars 2 has a fucking stupid story that is literally 8 or 9 quest long, you dont have any agency over anything in it because you are just chasing a fucking god in a statue.
All the factions are assholes ( the colonizers/pirates) or literally pants on head retarded ( the fucking huana).

I don't like the full voice acting in 2, I feel like the limited one in Pillars 1 worked well, it accentuated important moments but left enough (maybe too much) room for extensive dialogue. I also don't like the voice-actress for the narrator.

I don't like any companions in P2 except Eder and Maya.

>yfw realise original sin 1+2 had amazing multiplayer online co-op, and baldur's gate also had online co-op back in the day, so bg3 might have it too

Attached: 1558844023669.jpg (224x224, 12K)

If I never played BG should I play them alone, or online?

Dark Alliance 1 and 2 with my brother on ps2 is some of my fondest gaming memories.

I don't like turn based garbage desu

Please God let them hire an outsider to do the writing. Lel so wacky stories in CRPGs have to be the dumbest fucking idea of all time. It destroys immersion in a game in which immersion is the most important thing. Saving the world has no gravitas when everyone IN the world speaks and behaves in the manner of a clown.

5e is infinitely better than that shitfest that is 2e.

Fun to play, story is nothing special and most of the party characters don't go anywhere, the only two exceptions are Khegar and Amon Jerro.
Mask of the betrayer is far better.
The toolset is out of this world and is garry's mod for D&Dtards, it's great.

I just started BG1 because of this thread and made a half-orc dual-wield hammerman named Samson Roarsmash with the intention to smooch the drow. Apparently the coop 100% works so I'm playing with a friend who made a fag paladin.

Is there anything important that I need to know at this point?

Attached: 1554687393710.gif (128x128, 23K)

Alone at first, the story works best with only one PC since you're all big and special.

alone imo, there's a lot to take in and you might feel rushed which can lead you to not read things properly or miss important things, it's better to take at your own pace

That's what I thought, thanks

No. 5E is a piece of shit and its flaws are going to be front and center in video game form.

What's the point of talking about it? We hardly know anything

>female writers
uh yeah gonna be a yikes from me nigger
like i wanna experience some lardass cat ladies' fanfictions in my d&d game

Attached: 1559725161635.jpg (1024x958, 76K)

What's wrong with 5e?

>anything important that I need to know at this point?
since you went half-orc you hopefully took the 19 strength, this will allow you to bash open some locks. just click your weapon on your hotbar, then click the chest/locked door and it will let you attempt to bash it open. i did a solo playthrough once with a half-orc barbarian who eventually had well over 20 strength and i just smashed my way through everything

Thanks, user.

got a lucky roll and went 19 - 18 - 19 with just enough int to not unga.

I just started playing BG1 for the first time.

What am I supposed to do with Jaheira? Do druids lean spells or does she just hit people with a club?
Level 1, obviously.

Nothing, hes a faggot that thinks new stuff bad old stuff good.

>2E Ogre HP: 19
>5E Ogre HP: 59
>Damage is barely higher than generic 2E Fighter damage in absolute terms even with hyper minmaxed 5E builds spending resources
That's one of the big ones.

I don't hate 5E because it's new.

what characters are you fellas doing for one last playthrough
I'm doing cavalier myself since i've never once used carsomyr

Sorcerer
I'm gonna be said when they nerf all the amazing game-breaking shit arcane casters can do. Understandable, though.

Reliving my childhood and going two-handed ranger.
It's not optimal but it is nostalgic.

It's good but the ending is complete shit.

If there's one EE you can buy, buy Planescape Torment EE.
Beamdog didn't insert OC, only added in QoL, plus mods are mostly compatible now too.
In addition to that, Beamdog got Avellone to edit some dialog to make them shorter.

Cry more, you bitter neckbeard.

Thank God Obsidian isn't behind this. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

>not including Atom RPG, pleb.

It's hilarious that the same boomer codexfags that shit on Larian's "bad writing" recommend ATOM RPG which has far worse writing and jokes by far.

It's not really an issue of crying. Since I do not like their style of writing I do not buy their games, and I rather hope they don't fuck up BG because unlike Divinity it was a series that actually took itself and its world seriously.

Holyshit thats cute

>Yea Forums is one person
Larian's writing isn't bad, it's got better writing than DAO
ATOM RPG has immersive writing
stay mad

>BG1 antagonist
Your immensely strong and cunning half-brother and fellow Bhaalspawn not only murders your adoptive father but also threatens to plunge the Sword Coast into war in order to become the new Lord of Murder

>BG2 antagonist
An ancient powerful elven mage who captures and tortures you and seeks to claim your latent soul and use its power drain the energy of Tree of Life to ascend to elven godhood

>BG3 antagonist
Dude... squidthings... they're like... alien parasites... and stuff...

Attached: ce87d408c812967e9e6fe26580377fcd.jpg (210x330, 18K)

It's a mind flayer you fucking retard.

>illithids are harmless little squid things

Have you ever actually played D&D?

A huge tornado is not harmless but it doesn't make for a particularly interesting antagonist.

>not quaking in fear before a hive mind of illithids colonizing Baldur's Gate
gtfo nooblet

You don't even know who the antagonist is yet, you autist. All that we know are that Illithids are terrorizing the sword coast.

how about a tornado with sharks in it

>try to get into Pathfinder Kingmaker
>the party members are boring or intolerable
Seriously i dont like any of them. They are cookie cutter and one dimensional. The voice acting is bad, the writing is boring, the banter is weak, and i feel no connection with any of them.

what did he mean by this

Should I skip BG1 on my second playthrough?

Buy/get Icewind Dale EE too. Subclasses and dual wielding are a boon.

Yes. I find BG1 boring personally, and only good for completionist run with the stat-increasing tomes.

Thank you. Somebody pointed that out. I want BG3 to have a memorable villain that my PC has some personal connection with. And I want my PC to have some story importance and not just be a random adventurer.
Because so far, it's shaping up less like BG3 and more like some adventure module set in Baldur's Gate with "killing illithids, lol". It sounds generic. I want personal stakes. I hope Larian understands that and won't just give us some random adventure with mind flayers.

>hype
>for Baldur's Gate
Dude what year are you living in? Game is old as fuck, nobody plays old gay games like that
Come back when Baldur is in Smash.

You have reached the Githayanki hotline. If one of our silver swords has been stolen, Press 1. If one has not been stolen but you are asking for help regarding an Illithid invasion of your plane, please hang up the phone.

It's a fun but bog-standard fantasy adventure that ends with "then a rock fell and everybody died".
But then you get Mask of the Betrayer which is some of the best fantasy shit you could ever hope for.

actual incel

Attached: 1559656660051.jpg (768x1024, 118K)

Imagine comparing two games you've played several times to a teaser trailer and then complaining the teaser isn't as well written.

hamburgler? is that you?

You seem to forget that Yea Forums is full of contrarians and will hate something they once cherished just because people are saying they like it.

Attached: image.jpg (474x673, 215K)

Best single-player experience = Taking a character from Baldur's Gate 1 all the way to the end of BG2's expansion

Best multi-player experience = Icewind Dale 2

Nobody's saying we hate BG1 or BG2. We're saying Larian is fucking retarded and it will be a goddamn miracle if they make a halfway decent game, so why be excited about that?

The stories of 1 and 2 are connected right? I need to play them in order?
Without memes or buzzwords please tell me why people prefer the originals over the enhanced versions.

And to qualify, this fact Doesn't carry the real reason: if you make a full party in Multiplayer, you don't get any of the games NPCs, which are really cool, ESPECIALLY in Baldur's Gate 2, and you miss out on all their sidequests.

I haven't played the Enhanced versions, but BG1 TuTu (which is a total conversion mod that gives you the extra classes from BG2) was awesome.

Enhanced Editions added new characters who do not fit in the mood of the games because they were written in a different cultural zeitgeist and therefore cause annoyance to purists who only wished to revisit the games they felt nostalgia for.

No other series really scratches the itches that this one does.

For me its the combination of stats, items, characters and the feeling of a grand adventure.

There are plenty of games that have similar mechanics, but not in the perfect mix that BG has.

None of the "spiritual successors" felt anything like it either.

Where's Dark Alliance 3?

Attached: 1466541513459.png (939x526, 857K)

Some people just don't understand the romance of adventure.

personally i like bg1 more than 2 but i think i'm in the minority. i just find the low level adventure much more comfy. 2 has a lot of high fantasy crazy shit and the mages are ridiculously OP

Please explain to me why I should care about le ebil squid man with his giant squid minion? How is this different from fucking Darkspawn or Reapers? Literally no personality, no relation to the hero, absolutely ZERO stakes.
They fucked it up.

Attached: squid man.png (1080x606, 1.09M)

why would i take the effort to explain it in detail when you're being such a faggot about it. you clearly know nothing about forgotten realms

Reinstalling BGEE as we speak!

I know enough to know random squid man with CTHULHU AT HIS BECK AND CALL OH SHIT IT'S CTHULHU SO EPIC has no connection to my beloved Bhaalspawn. How does it relate to anything? It's just a random enemy that shows up out of nowhere and has to be stopped because it wants to TAKE OVER THE WORLD or some shit. What's the point?
You people are actually interested in drivel like that? RPGs have evolved beyond the ancient evil trying to take over the world. Get with the fucking times.

>my beloved Bhaalspawn
>not having a deep fear of illithids despite supposedly playing the games
come on now, if you played BG you would know why it's a great enemy to pick for the trailer. you're a shit troll idk why i'm replying to you desu

Attached: 1553158247690.png (500x552, 98K)

Savoy and Irelandicus were good villains, retard. Generic squid man is not.

Fuck HP bloat and fuck anyone who thinks it isn't a serious problem with 5E. There is no reason whatsoever to do less damage than you were back in AD&D while also fighting enemies with nearly three times the HP.

Sup lilzoom. Have you come to talk about going home even though you never actually played vanilla. You going to donate dad's money to your favorite streamer?

What's happening in this image?

>Irelandicus
What was his name again, Ironicus?

I always thought his name was just John Irenandstimpycus.

I don't see how anyone can be excited for this, Larian cannot write at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=tGjDvP2LlhU

Attached: 1551375462964.png (354x286, 28K)

I am excited FOR new Larian wife! Lohse IS a clown wife!

Attached: Lohse.jpg (639x1000, 245K)

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a good waifu. Larian definately can deliver in that departament, but I am afraid WotC might shut them down or force their own ideas.

fkn Pierce.
he always was a man of culture

Why are people acting like illithids are irrelevant? They ruled the multiverse at some point

>Where's the hype at?
Hype culture is fucking stupid in the first place, and in this case it's even stupider. Why would I care about a sequel to a game series that already concluded (in a adequate manner, needing no sequel), by people who aren't the original team, in a setting about which I really don't care, in a system that I dislike.

Imagine mage duels in 5e, Did you laugh? It's ok so did I.

Pray FOR the FUTURE user! Larian DID give clown wife AND giraffe wife!

Attached: Sebille.jpg (1125x1600, 341K)

Any money you would spend on those "enhanced" editions would go to EA or parasites. Don't do it, pirate instead.

how do you even get NWN2 to run without the framerate shitting itself

Are YOU using Client Extension user! Neverwinter Nights 2 does NOT play well WITH modern computers!
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/nwn2-client-extension

The 80% of Dragon Commander was essentially a quality fantasy dating sim with some pleasant waifus. Lizardfu for the win.
I just hope WotC won't butt in and spoil the fun for everyone.

Am I alone in thinking bg1 is the best? bg 2 introduction makes me want to blow my brains out, is way more linear, forgettable story and less attachment to characters since they start at high level.

BG1 has a more open world with more shit to do, a better villain and generally more compelling story.

becuase these retards want to be mad about insert new thing here. They obviously know fucking nothing about the setting, but because its new it must be bad.

Why would I be hype for a quick cashgrab by a shitty company?

Love FOR wife SURVIVE times OF censorship! Wife IS American alcohol! Wife will SURPASS prohibition!

Attached: Aida.png (350x526, 289K)

And you think a baldur's gate 3 made by another company 20 years later will magically have all those quality because of the name?

Pretty excited. As long as Larian can keep the humor in check so they can tell a more grounded story I think they stand a good chance of delivering.

Also really, really love the fact that it's a brand new PC and adventure. I would have been pissed if they decided it's a continuation of the bhaalspawn saga when it had a clearly defined conclusion.

I also really like the idea of an ilithid invasion. Since it ties into the notes you could find in the mind flayer dungeons of BG2 that suggested the ilithids were prepping an invasion.

Attached: Jagged_Alliance_2_Coverart.png (256x286, 126K)

Their approach to fixing the martial caster problem of 3E was to make magic boring as hell so no one's having fun (and before some idiot says "lol salty caster", I made my first caster PC a month ago)

Joking aside, I've heard several GMs say it's a lot more manageable than 3E, which is a very understandable reason for wanting to run it over 3.5 or PF. From my perspective it is boring to play and people who play it way more than I did backed me up on that.

I just want a personal story with a memorable villain that has a connection to the main character. Not some generic ancient evil storyline. I want Sarevok not Darkspawn. If Larian can deliver that, I'm fine with that.
Still, what do you remember about the villains in Divinity series?

>Still, what do you remember about the villains in Divinity series?
They're evil and shit

What's the Baldur's Gate series about?

>Their approach to fixing the martial caster problem of 3E was to make magic boring as hell so no one's having fun
And martials. Compared to 5E martials, 3.5 martials consistently have more options available to them that are more interesting and far more effective.

That your son was the equivalent of the Antichrist and actually won until DKS undid the ending.

Attached: yfej8ry050n01.jpg (1024x456, 65K)

It IS a good isometric RPG user! It IS about the aftermath OF Time of Troubles IN Forgotten Realms lore! It IS heroic journey! It IS about romancing YOUR foster mother!

Attached: Jaheira.png (210x330, 123K)

You are young adult in a secluded library, then have to leave that library for a reason and try to continue your life outside while becoming more and more wrapped in important plots
That's how I can summarize best without spoiling anything

The greatest videogame interpretation of a tabletop rpg that's ever been made. Mainly because the people that made it were fans and were making it for fans.

Although the boomers will complain about how it's so fucking hard to understand a ruleset that somehow an 8 year old in the 80s could grasp within 5 minutes.

TSR era games were great too.

Attached: 220px-Cover_art_for_the_SSI_1991_catalog.jpg (220x336, 34K)

I hate him so much.

Attached: Jon_Irenicus_NJON_Portrait_BG2.png (210x330, 163K)

I dunno if Wasteland 2 can be considered a rpg but of all the old school revivals 'n shiet I had the most fun with it.

Im hoping its a new protagonist , I kinda think the bhaalspawn saga was finished pretty satisfactorilly.

Recommend me some fun build to play, Yea Forums

Attached: 1558854140400.jpg (1276x1920, 1.28M)

It is.
New protagonist, new adventure. It's simply still set in the sword coast.

How goes your campaign, Yea Forums?

Attached: 161564679461.png (698x400, 598K)

The gold box games were good, but they also were really sporadic with the writing and had some abysmally bad UI.

based frasier anning conservative australian politician smacking a dumb zoomer who cracked an egg over his head at a conference.

How do I bring myself to play evil character? I always play goody two shoes character no matter what games.

Just do it. Don't think it.

I find the best way is to not min max at all. Whatever the first stat roll you get is stick with it. Even if it's low 70s. After that just try something new. Haven't played a thief? Be a thief. Haven't been a druid? Be a druid.

Or do the complete opposite and reroll until you get 90+ stats and play solo as a fighter/mage/thief multiclass.

Desperately looking for a way to kill the fighter since he's a fucking tool with sticky fingers.

Entice him into a fight club or the like and have the opponent use a weapon coated with a deadly poison that can only be cured by going on an impossible to complete in time quest. Let's him think he has a chance before it slowly dawns on him just how fucked he is.

you got the tumblr verion of everyone too?

The Dungeon Meshi version. If it was the Tumblr version they'd all have huge red cheeks and noses.

What a terrible choice for Baldur's Gate 3, Larian's games, while by no means bad, aren't anything like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. It's not really going to feel like Baldur's Gate with turn based combat and Larian's writing.

Plus the Bhaalspawn story was concluded 20 years ago. It's just a shameless cash in on a classic RPG.

You know why D:OS2 was the best cRPG of the last decade? Because it didn't use a shitty, 45 year old dice system that only the most hardcore turbonerds liked. Really - just let D&D die. It's absolute garbage.

Here you go senpai

Attached: 1559842569756.jpg (1160x540, 514K)

Great. We are about to fight the avatar of Lolth due to cultural differences between humans and drow. We were just suposed to infiltrate the city with the help of an Eilistraeean spy, but we kinda got ahead of ourselves.
Note to self. Don't try to seduce a high priestess of Lolth.

Larian said THIS version OF 5e WILL be HEAVILY modified user! It will be VERY different!

>5e
FFS just use Hackmaster.

>aroflux
That sounds like a caulking material

>Edwin
>Genderfluid

heh

you boomers should appreciate new fresh things more and not be stuck in the past like bitter old fools you are

>Still, what do you remember about the villains in Divinity series?
*ahem* Fane did unironically absolutely nothing wrong.

>boomer
Nigger I'm not even 30 yet. Hackmaster is just a better system.

That isn't good enough when core foundations of the game are causing problems. I guarantee you WotC won't let them rip those out and replace them.

BG3 should have happened 7 or 8 years ago.

Edwin actually hits on Alora, doesn't he?

>mfw I don't understand 95% of those words.

Korgan absolutely based as usual.

He also become a woman as part of his sidequest.

Legends of the Sword Coast was also "heavily modified" 5e game. Remember how this turned out?

Any good mods for OS2?

not by his choice

I do NOT want to remember user! They tell me game have wife BUT game did NOT have wife! No wife game IS bad game! It IS wife betrayal game it IS poop!

Attached: Sword Coast Legends.jpg (242x344, 19K)

Why does tumblr always do this shit? Adding a bunch of sexualities to existing characters?

Attached: 1559843978033.png (1577x548, 616K)

My real problem with Tyranny is the lack of diverse enemies. You pretty much only fight humans/soldiers for the entire game with the occasional beast men and those stupid wisps.
In my second time playing I got really into it and the theme of "evil won and everything is shit".

And that elven cleric of Sehanine was a cute lady too. Shame.

"Hype" is an industry tool. Show gameplay first then we can discuss shit.

Yea Forums did that, not tumblr.

You should get some standards, you might find life more fulfilling.

Why 3?

Attached: 1455495080743.jpg (1707x700, 809K)

She WAS cute user! I will NOT forgive!

Attached: Illydia.png (1017x853, 801K)

>the one chaotic evil dude is the hetero
of course

Subtle. Expected any less from tumblr?

equal representation to them means every 0.0001% clownworld bullshit needs to feature as prominently as run of the mill 99% of the population stuff

Good because it's not in a shit game like d&d

And still - how many albinos, siamese twins and people with reptile skin you've seen represented in media? They are being "oppressed" too. Even more than trannies. They don't count?

Holy fuck someone on the internet was convinced of something.

To be fair he's retarded

Larian has yet to convince me they can actually write a story that's not saturday morning cartoon shit
I'll eat my hat if the writing in that game is above the level of fucking Dark Alliance

redpill me on what races and classes will probably be playable in 5E Baldur's Gate

Attached: 1559926228138.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

the usual suspects + thiefling and dragonborns, mostly

>Larian has yet to convince me they can actually write a story that's not saturday morning cartoon shit
And good itemization or a game that doesn't fall apart after the first act

to be fair falling apart after the first act is a tradition for baldur's gate games

Imagine if it's like Bloodlines 2 and you have less choices

Attached: 1500169501959.png (400x416, 41K)

DD, OS2. Try again.

Depends, considering its Lirian it will probably have tryhard modes, normal mode, and babby mode and you can probably bust the game with gear alone.

>imagine thinking the illithids are the actual main villains

>diablo shit
>good itemization
>everything after fort joy
>not garbage

ForeverDM here, my Dark Heresy campaign is going fun as fuck. The party is investigating the main Interrogator of their Inquisitor after he went missing for half a year. He came back recently acting strange because he got his mind devoured by an Enslaver and it's wearing him like a suit. They haven't figured out what it is yet and I'm having fun messing with them, the Psyker always senses something is wrong when they're investigating a crime scene or something but it isn't a daemon but it's definitely warp related. The planet they're on is also slowly turning against them and they don't know it but I have a time limit going before shit hits the fan. If they don't deal with the problem in time the only course of action left is exterminatus, not even exaggerating.

Attached: 1545874309993.jpg (834x724, 131K)

>BG1 antagonist
a warrior in black edgy armor with a god complex
>BG2 antagonist
a crazy wizard with a god complex

DD's itemization was fine and Driftwood was better than Fort Joy.

Imagine if the Illithid is a Bhaalspawn

Imagine Bhaal fucking an elder brain

No

> If they don't deal with the problem in time the only course of action left is exterminatus, not even exaggerating.

Pretty based. But you should give them subtle clues that they should hurry up, if you don't do that yet.

>no one seems to be realizing that it's an Illithid ship and not a giant Illithid on the background

>God complex

Is it really a complex when achieving divinity is an obtainable goal and in the case of Sarevok his birthright?

Isn't every single bhaalspawn dead at this point
wasn't that the whole point of ToB

was meant for

is it really a lolita complex if you can fuck a little girl right now ?

Wait. There is something wrong.
We are at an ambush you're perceptive prepare yourself for an old man

Yes but after all of them died Bhaal returned, he could have had more children after that

This was talked already, it's a Nautiloid I think

Attached: illithid 3.png (394x500, 150K)

the 5e PHB (standard) options are
Race
Dragonborn
Dwarf - Hill/Mountain
Elf - Drow/High/Wood
Gnome - Forest/Rock
Half Elf
Half Orc
Halfing - Lightfoot/Stout
Human/Human Variant
Tiefling

Classes/Subclasses
Barbarian - Berserker/Totem Warrior
Bard - Lore/Valor
Cleric - 8 million subclasses
Druid - Land/Moon
Fighter - Battlemaster/Champion/Eldritch Knight
Monk - Open Hand/Shadow/Four Elements
Paladin - Ancients/Devotion/Vengeance
Ranger - Beastmaster/Hunter
Rogue - Arcane Trickster/Assassin/Thief
Sorcerer - Draconic/Wild
Warlock - Fey/Fiend/Great Old One
Wizard - 1 subclass for each school of magic, 8 in total

I doubt Bhaal is retarded enough to trigger Times of Troubles 2 and fuck everything that moves again. Shit failed hard the last time.

I wouldn't mind an iconic d&d villain to be the optional boss in this one like in ToB.
They pushed Tiamat hard at the beginning of 5e so maybe her.

wonder how involved the Githyanki will be, they showed up a little in past games, and an illithid uprising is most certainly at the top of their list of things to fuck up

She already got a pair of modules, and is extremely likely to feature in descent into avernus.

What's the difference between them and Githzerai?

Attached: Dakkon.jpg (300x470, 21K)

If they have to use an established D&D villain it needs to be Vecna. You can never go wrong with an Uber lich as a villain.

Edge

where were the jokes in OS2s main story tho?
They were all in side qeusts.
If anything, the main story was ultra edgy with all the "look at the divine order civil war, look at the piles of corpses in the street! the gods are evil hurr!"

yankees are assholes
zerais are stoners

how is it bad?
I was kind of intrigued by the Bronze age looking artstyle, as its underrepresented as fuck

this pretty much
I hope actually both show up in the game.

Different species with the common ancestry of illithid thralls. They both speak Gith, but beyond that they're separate people's.

the githyanki are interdimensional pirates
the githzerai are interdimensional shaolin monks

Imagine if the playerchar from the first two games ends up being the big bad behind the mind flayer invasion.

Expect the unexpected™

back when the mindflayers ruled everything they we're all just known as Gith.
after an uprising and overthrowing the mindflayers they split into 2 factions, one was monastic and peacful, trying to difference themselves from their enslavers as much as possible, the Githrezai who currently live in Limbo in giant floating monasteries that float from sheer willpower of their leaders.

The Githyanki essentially took the place of their overlords and become their own interstellar slave traders, they currently reside in a city that has been carved out of a dead but still beating god that rests on the astral plane (very heavy metal) and they raid various planes for spoils and shits and giggles.

>Divine divinity
good, basically CRPG + diablo
>Beyond divinity
i liked it but many people didnt. the premise is you are a paladin and you are chained to a Demon. You have wacky adventures, among other places in hell.
I guess it doesnt realy know what genre it wants to be
>Divinity 2
Action RPG sequal to Divine divinity, you turn into a dragon. Its beloved by quite a few people and many want a true sequal to it.

Post yfw:
>During a campaign heavily featuring githyanki your group decides to ditch rations and instead subsist solely on Gith eggs.

Attached: pee-wee-herman-promojpg.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

the writing is pretty immature, characters compete for who's going to be the most gratuitously edgy, all the factions you can chose to join are horribly unattractive and pretty much have nothing to offer you, narratively or otherwise, and the combat is an horrible mess of micromanaging cooldowns that seems to be patient zero for what happened to the combat of PoE 2.

Why does based Larian cause so much seething?

JOKES BAD!

fucking finally, someone that remembers that series.

i can't even get them to run on an emulator; luckily one of my friends has a PS2 with DA1, 2 and champions of norrath.

beamdog has a huge fanbase who are crying for not getting old styled baldur's gate 3

>beamdog has a huge fanbase
good joke

They're shit

Zerai are monks that live on Knowhere in Limbo.

I think they have 20 something writers from what I remember from a gdc conference.

>But you should give them subtle clues that they should hurry up, if you don't do that yet.
I am, or at least am trying to. The planet has an eclipse approaching and it's usually a celebration. I start every session counting down to it and every session things get worse on the planet. That's not exactly subtle, though. When it happens the Enslaver can release more of his buddies from an artifact made by the Old Ones and left buried under the surface. I know it's 40k but I've been pulling some stuff out of the Book of Revelations.
>And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood. And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
The sun seems dimmer by the day, and the nights seem brighter with a red hue to them. The air is growing thicker, but not necessarily more humid, but it is almost as if there is a tension in the air itself holding it in place. Something that drives people to act impulsively and violently just to break the increasing silence of their mind. One player actually uses the Emperor's Tarot, and I passed him a note saying something bad will happen soon. He told the party but they don't know what it is.

This is also the first time I've thrown an End of Days spin on a campaign, usually it's just a cult to a chaos god or dealing with aliens like the Tau or or Dark Eldar or a Genestealer cult. Something relatively small scale, with no great stake beyond a single planet at most. Once they figure out what it is they're going to freak out with how big of a threat Enslavers are. They're beyond a Tyranid level threat. This is also the first big tonal shift I've tried in a campaign, this one is being played a lot more straight and my players are getting into it now that they're more familiar with 40k.

Attached: 1402234407786.jpg (500x661, 137K)

It's all codexfags sperging because Larian's games have a few jokes in them. Half of the cast from the Baldur's Gate games are literal joke meme characters so I don't see why they're so buttmad.

theres something about the simplistic pixel artstyle that appeals to me, is it good?
I kind of held off it because im afraid its "muh retro" jank.
>Underrail
Ah, the "unironically GURPS" of Yea Forums
Because WOTC has revived BG multiple times.
Minsc is in the fucking neverwinter MMO and in a literal phone game.
WOTC released a story that concluded the weird OC a few years back and now they are making a new Book called Baldurs gate: something something.
It was gonna happen, im just glad its a good developer.
youre right, but a lot of people dont like the armor system because they prefer random chance.
Its the purist approach, dice rolls vs a CC bar. Dice roll purists will usually say OS1 is better. I personally think it makes alpha striking encounters way too easy.
>implying larian gives a shit

I remember Superman 64, doesn't mean I want to see resources wasted on a sequel. Dark Alliance was absolute garbage. Sesame Street tier babbys first arpg.

i liked it.
The OC campaign is better thant he NWN1 OC campaign but thats not saying much.
MOTB is GOAT.
Storm of Zehir is underrated, its a good happy merchant simulator.
it also has the same upside that NWN1 has: tons of mods, if you want a specific class from 3.5, chances are its in NWN2 with one mod or another.

But what if Bhaal Jr. does the thinking?

Was Edwin the first trans character in a mainstream RPG?

MotB is amazing
Zehir is either love or hate it
the original campaign is awful, it's only redeeming feature is that the last boss is actually great and the devs threw in a funny easteregg if you find out which companions will betray you at the end and reload and remove all their gear, the boss recognizes that "you somehow knew" they would betray you

1, the illithid bbeg stole it!

>youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs
>#7 on treading
>1.4million views
Yep I'm thinking we're back

Sounds really good.
>I start every session counting down to it and every session things get worse on the planet.
If they don't get that, then I don't know. Them having to call in an exterminatus should be a good lession, if they fail.

Attached: qv5dy8ji3s011.png (600x451, 28K)

>Only seen the trailer
>actually thinks the illithids are going to be the main badguy
>doesnt know what an illithid even is
(you)

>Them having to call in an exterminatus should be a good lession, if they fail.
They've all had characters die plenty across a few campaigns so they can deal with loss to a degree, but they've never had a TPK or have to call in an exterminatus, or actually fail a campaign. Will be interesting to see if it happens.

KALACH-CHA ILLITHID FUCK

Closing into that uncomfortable limbo where we might just have to axe it. We barely had enough people who can commit to it before, but recently our part-time DM/Player had to move to the other side of the world and timezones are proving too much of a bitch for us.

BG3 automatically means triggering the turboautists at rpgcodex and those fuckers have vaults upon vaults of salt ready to go at the slightest perceived offense.

Can we appreciate how ballsy the teaser is? It's for a long awaited sequel of a rather mainstream fantasy franchise and they put cronenberg body horror in it. That's fucking great.

Disgusting trash system.

For me it was when I heard they were making a new Baldur's Gate and then they made Siege of Dragonspear. I became as a pillar of salt.

It IS also different tone FOR Larian!

Hype for what fucking faggot, there isn't even a single artwork for it.
It's just gonna be Divinity 3

It was classic Blizzard-tier kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=UtnP7XRVQeo

>It's just gonna be Divinity 3
And that's a good thing

Which one? the antichrist one?
Or you mean the recent games? Braccus is very hammy but great.
OS2 has great villains all around. Dallis beeing tide to Fane was neat, the reasons why the Magsters did what they did was also great, genuinly Villain you cant realy disagree with territory, but thats at the very end of the game.

The voidwoken themselves might look like generic lovecraft monsters, but they are actually the race that lived on the world before, but got thrown into the void and are now trying to take their former lives back.
The God king is probably the closest you get to a generic "Evil because of evil" antagonist, but you also dont fight him.
The Shadow prince was pretty cool, he sounded well intentioned, but then you learn he works with a bunch of necromancers to throw everythinginto chaos for his own gain.
Then of course theres the genocidal elves who want to start a race war.
OR theres the Dwarven queen who was manipulated into almost committing genocide on the humans, as a form of preemptive attack because she feared the Humans new weapons.
Idk, theres a lot of villains in that game, and i still havent figured out what the hell the Sallow man was supposed to be.
its pretty good my dude.

True, it is also more serious/horror/epic and not so fun/lolrandom that people here make me believe Larian is only capable of.

people not showing up because they are too unemployed to have time.
we had to postpone twice now, i spend a lot of time on this campaign and i want it to go somewhere REEEEEEEEEE

Yea it's nearly disgusting. Well made.

That was Beamdog, not Larian. I personally think it's hilarious that Larian got the go for BG3 over Beamdog, whose entire purpose for existing was to make BG3. Beyond that, I liked DOS2 quite a bit and look forward to seeing what they do with BG3. Everyone pretending to freak out is either a nostalgia fag who doesn't remember the loony parts of BG2 or the run of the mill Yea Forums contrarian who sees something that will probably be popular/good and immediately shifts into FUCK THE SYSTEM I'M SO COOL shitposting.

Agree with everything you said and have fonder memories of BG1, but the narrative side and character quests of BG2 were excellent and leagues above BG1.

>That was Beamdog
Yes, I know. But that's what made me salty. Larian making BG3 is a good thing and here's why.

>I personally think it's hilarious that Larian got the go for BG3 over Beamdog
apparently WOTC seem to know what they're doing with their license unlike alot of people
they didn't give it to Beamdog, or Obsidian, or even Bioware

if battlemaster is in hten im happy.

It would be a great thing if it wasn't called Baldur's Gate

The Lord of Murder shall perish
But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny
Chaos will be sown from their passing

I only like the console Baldur's Gate entries and even then not very much

Have ab unmp videogame thread

>dude I need to nap so I can use my tiny pool of really shitty maneuvers that are horribly balanced against each other again
Play literally any of the classes it is a pale imitation of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they gave it to Larian. But to think WotC only gives out it's licenses carefully... Did you not play the last 3 D&D computer games? The reason they chose well this time is because they fucking HAD to. Not because they wanted to.

Attached: 0e773a2589138c9b7e5c87da06eae797.jpg (1067x905, 113K)

Did Beamdog really have a chance? Larian made a DOS2, a huge game but I can't comment on it much since I haven't played it yet but I know it has features like full voice acting. Obsidian has been making rpgs for a long time and they have a rather good reputation
Beamdog on the other hand just released EEs which are like modded games. I don't think their team is even big enough to consider a project like BG3. I'd say Inxile had higher chances than Beamdog

it used to be about following the adventures of a singular character across the sword coast but not anymore I guess because wotc wants money

>Did Beamdog really have a chance?
no
according to the interview Larian were turned down when they initially asked to make BG3 back when they were working on DOS1

If Siege of Dragonspear WAS good it MIGHT have been different user! I have NOT played it BUT it SOUNDS like poop!

You are exactly the kind of retard that shits up this board thanks to his simpleminded grasp on things and not because he is an asshole.
There are alot like you and you are the reason why shitposters have such an easy game, infact both of these pictures are shitposts from Yea Forums taken at facevalue.

I yearn for the days when stupid people just watched tv.

fuck you, Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath were great games, you just have shit taste.
I dont give a fuck that they didnt have le ebin diablo 2 loot.
Every ARPG these days is Diablo 2. Every single one.
Dark Alliance style twinstick gameplay is far superior to that retarded "click on people to make em go away" gameplay.

Let her die to keep based Khalid in your party, she's terrible in BG1 since being a multiclass she'll level super slow and low level druid spells (other than entangle) are pretty bad.

This shouldn't exist BG was over, this is nothing but using a name to get more hype.
In fact it doesn't even have anything in common aside from the sword coast anyway.
They should just have called it Spell Jammer and showed some Git ship flying through the astral sea if they want to go for that ebin Illithids are ayy lmaos from the future lore.
It is an interesting setting for sure though.

> Obsidian
> good reputation

Lol no, they shat all over their publishers, partners and even investors with Tranny & Shitfire. I would be surprised if anyone wants to work with them now.

no it isnt.
OS2 is full of this shit.
Shadow over driftwood? the piles of corpses in arx? THe fucking bloodmoon island? An entire island made out of gore and suffering?
i wish people actually played the game and not only looked at the 3 screengrabs from Easter Egg sidequests.

BG has a weird fucked up mix of 2e and 3e with some unique mechanics thrown in. Same way Kotor is a frankenstein of Star Wars d20 and Bioware's own mechanics.

I imagine BG3 will use 5e as a base and have it's own mechanics built on top of that, rather than designing the game to be as close to the PHB as possible.

>t. never played BG2
Mindflayer in BG2 were pretty busted until you learnt to fill the screen with undead and even you still get the random blind blast targeting your backline and your brains eaten alive

How can anyone be legit to be excited for a BG game made by Larian when they are known for their BOOPS YOU tier of writing?

Not all die in ToB, just enough to ascend

Maybe some of us actually played their games instead of listening to codex?

Larian has a sonic-tier autistic fanbase

>Did you click attack?
Yes
>Ok, click it again

"Twinstick gameplay". Do you even know what that means you fucking retard? Dark Alliance isn't robotron. Also arpg doesn't mean Diablo. Ever heard of Dragons Dogma?

I wouldn't call DivOS2's combat system miles better than DivOS1, it's a matter of preference. I preferred 1's over 2's, honestly. They tried a new direction with the Armor/Magic Armor but I just didn't enjoy it a lot.

That, and I'm not a huge fan of either of the backer-added skill trees.

thats the funny part.

If beamdog hadnt shat the bed with Siege of Dragonspear, then WOTC might have given it to them.
Imagine how they feel right now.

Does the Kraken society have anything to do with mindflayers?

So Warlord?
Its a pale imitation of Warlord.
but i wont get to play Warlord because WOTC hates martials and will never let anyhting like Warlord happen ever again.

Thanks for reminding me user. now im mad.

BG2 was still 90% 2E, it just wasn't rules as written core 2E - it was rules taken from Players' Option books, others edited to fit RTwP better, and some backported 3.0 content. That is exactly what I'm afraid of happening with BG3 because I genuinely fucking hate 5E and would prefer 0% 5E content and wouldn't even be happy with 25% 5E.

Which were the 2 backer created ones?

What don't you like about 5e?

Will drow be playable?

Attached: PqO93Mi.png.jpg (539x908, 77K)

Take your pick of Warlord, Warblade, and Crusader. BM vs Warblade is especially galling because Warblade could recover their maneuvers just by fighting.

They'd have to write shitload of different reactions. And if it's going to be fully voice acted I assume no

Didn’t her VA vanish from the face of the earth?

Varies, based on the campaign. Most of them are going very well. One's on a short hold for work issues, though.

>it's a "Drizzt is enslaved by mindflayers and made to massage the elder brain" episode

>Forgotten Realms game
>not being able to play as a chaotic good drow ranger who dual wields
What is even the point?

Everything. I've never played another system that hits almost every single pet peeve I have with RPG systems and the ones it doesn't hit it only avoids because it's hitting ones diametrically opposed to them instead.

Dragons Dogma is not an ARPG just because it has action combat.
Dragons dogma is straight up an RPG, it just has non shit gameplay. These games are few and far between.
I dont care what your super special definition is. When you say ARPG people think Diablo, Path of Exile, Torchlight and Dark Alliance.

They dont think Dragons Dogma or Dark Souls.
the only non diablo like game id call an ARPG in recent memory is actually Dark Messiah

>Champion
>Not Champion 2.0, Brute
say it ain't so.

Name 5 pet peeves

is bg3 happening after bg2? can we meet gorions ward?

>Dragons Dogma is not an ARPG just because it has action combat.

>no mages
what the fuck happened

They're dead by default.
Bhaal is back in 5e which means that all the bhaalspawn are gone

As companion npcs sure. But as the player character it doesn't much sense. Drow are to be killed on sight in the overworld and rightfully so. It requires a very specific background and a different playstyle which would only cater to those who want to feel like a special snowflake. So no.

Attached: Viconia2-1.jpg (200x314, 30K)

Just play a sorcerer bro, literally cooler mage

>2019
>still falling for hype
kek

there has never been a mage class in d&d

Summoning and Polymorph.
Im playing with both at the moment, i like polymorpher, its great for a tank build.
Summoner is weird since its a mge that doesnt realy rely on damage or on surfaces. Its basically like having an extra party member

A GM of a game I'm in actually added some adapted ToB stuff in the form of a special pair of weapons that grow as I level. It's been a lot of fun so far, and even came coupled with another long-term goal for the character.

Baldur's Gate is done, it doesn't need a third game. Nobody asked for this. Nobody with a brain anyway.

faggier mage
pretty sure there were mages in bg

Summoner and Polymorph. Polymorph had some neat stuff, but I never really enjoyed it enough to get into it, and Summoner wasn't really my thing either. They're not bad, I just didn't end up liking them much.

Vic didn't have that much trouble after being recruited. They made you play skellingtons in divinity so this wouldn't be that far off.

>It's an RPG that has action based combat but it's not an arpg

You're retarded.

Its 5E so they are a core race
mate, dont kid yourself. Drow have been playable in almost evey DnD game since Icewind Dale 2.
IWD 2 had them, NWN had them, NWN2 had them from the very start, DDO had them, Neverwinter had them.

I know it triggers your grog autism, but drow are just another player race these days.
And Special snowflakes play Tieflings now, not drow.
Drow are now for fap material.

Pretty sure you're retarded

What are wizards, warlock and sorcerers?

>a virgin that has to study to cast magic
vs
>a chad who was born with magic and uses charisma as the main stat

old game good, new game bad!

Attached: 1537852358549.jpg (512x288, 16K)

Nobody cares, outdated genre for boomers.

Wizards, warlock and sorcerers

i prefer warlord because utility > damage.
I dont get the hate for ToB too, Crusader was an interresting mechanic, not exactly strategic because you didnt realy get to pick stuff yourself but it was very flavorfull.

But Warlord and 4e Fighter are still my favorite DnD martials, simply because of how much controll they had.
I feel like people focus too much on damage when thinking about "not UP martials". When damage was never the problem but the sheer lack of options.
Not that ToB had those, just ranting about peopl eon /tg/ trying to fix martials.

Cosmopolitan Elf > pragmatic Lizard > dwarf > skelly > judge lizard > hippy elf
This this the objective list

New protag, new adventure. It's simply still set in the sword coast.

>Cash in on the name
Sure, but I don't care. Larian working with the sword coast could be great.

But they do mage shit, i've seen it

Chaarname has the option to reject his divinity and dodge that bullet. There’s enough room to justify a cameo.

not that user but
>very little character options
>absolute caster supremacy
>HP bloat
>Forgotten realms as the main campaign setting
>Politics

>2 million views in a day
>#6 trending
Nobody cares.

HP bloat.

Bounded accuracy giving too much weight to the die in every single check you will ever make.
Bounded accuracy and making martials shit at mook killing removing the feeling of invincibility you'd have when you got a suit of field plate and a magic sword and could cut down 20+ goblins a round while they couldn't touch you. That goes all the way back to OD&D.

Skill system sucks ass at differentiating characters yet again because of bounded accuracy making the bonuses too low... unless they're a high level character who also has Expertise in a skill. Roll it back a single edition and the difference between an unskilled, no talent scrub and someone with competence and talent starts at +9 and widens quickly. Random luck making the no bonus guy beat the trained guy in their own specialty is far too common.

"Optional" feats that come at the expense of stat boosts while being far stronger than stat boosts are.

Martial maneuvers that are boring, not much more effective than a normal attack, and limited use.

Is skyrim an ARPG?
Is Witcher an ARPG?
Come on. If those are ARPGs, then Diablo clones are nto ARPGs but Diablo clones since they lack the fundamental RPG elements of games like Dragons Dogma

You rejecting the option is canon already. But you and that coward Bhaalspawn come across each other and killed each other, Bhaal returns after that from what I understand

You could also just cast freedom and/or buff Keldorn/a Paladin PC to the eyeballs and watch them rampage around. Then flailing pathetically trying to hit them while getting minced is one of my fondest and most cathartic video game memories.

>hurr durr muh semantics
youre still wrong autist.
There was a class called Mage in 4E, it was a subclass of Wizard and it was from the "hey member 3.X" essentialy.

it was shit, but youre still wrong. And autistic.

>Is skyrim an ARPG?
>Is Witcher an ARPG?
Yes
>Diablo clones are nto ARPGs but Diablo clones
You're right

It's not even a case of old game good, it's old game DONE. This is just fucking nostalgia bucks pandering. Like you've got DECADES of Dungeons and Dragons shit to pull from but you gotta try and make a sequel to a game that wrapped everything up nice with a bow.

I have zero faith this game will be good because right from the launch they've shown that they don't have faith enough in themselves to come up with their own original idea and they clearly don't understand the shit they're trying to do a knock-off of.

>Its 5E so they are a core race

Just noticed that. I guess that means they will be in by default. The absolute state of DnD.
And yes it triggers my autism because in the Forgotten Realms Drow have a very specific background and (evil) culture, that you shouldn't see them just strutting along on a daily basis.

t. human warrior main

Yes, both of those are arpgs. So is Diablo. A game doesn't have to be a lootgrind to be an arpg. Dumb fuck.

The Bhaalspawn in that story was a direct fuck you to the books, not the games.

> they clearly don't understand the shit they're trying to do a knock-off of.
Explain to me what they misunderstood and where you can see this.

I really liked Divinity OS 1 and I've been wanting to play the second for quite a while but im a poorfag. Is it better to buy it now or will it maybe go for more than 40% off during the summer sale?

Summoning is busted for the first half of the game and just strong afterwards since they can't reach stupid amounts of crit like other builts but their action economy is still great

Pirate it, Larian doesn't deserve your money

Hope they add in some tentacle dragons too

Attached: BrainstealerDragonAttack.jpg (297x400, 24K)

It's on sale right now. At this moment.

>B-b-b-ut that one minute teaser trailer explicitly designed to build hype by showing an iconic enemy of the games tells me EVERYTHING!

>cosmopolitan elf
>turning your waifu into a slut
>pragmatic lizard
i can agee
>dwarf
strictly worse than skelly

Skeleton waifu had the most content and is the patricians choice for that matter alone.

its 100 years after BG2 and has no direct relation to the original plotline

>turning skellington waifu into human waifu
The things I put up with for her sake...

Yes I played as human warrior through BG1 and BG2 multiple times. How did you know.

Attached: ANDREW-MAIN-554x694.jpg (554x694, 57K)

I wouldn't mind 3.5 or pf desu, 2e is outdated and crap though.

What the fuck they retconned the whole original series?!
Why the FUCK do you people suck Larian's dick this much? The BG series is DONE

correct words: Dragon's Dogma and shit.
Dragon's Dogma is indeed shit. Empty, MMO grindfest with zero characters zero story. Mindlessly spam one or two buttons combat.

Taking place after some time doesn't mean retconnected

3.5 and PF are both pretty bad but at least there's a chance of having Inquisitor or ToB instead of wall to wall uninteresting garbage. I was pretty surprised when Kingmaker announced it'd have Magus, Inquisitor, and Alchemist.

I know, that's why I was asking if I should buy it now or if it would be cheaper during the summer sale coming up

That WAS Wizards of the Coast user! They DID kill YOUR Baldur's Gate 1 AND 2 character!

>What the fuck they retconned the whole original series?!
no?
it's 100 years after the original series
nothing has changed

Cosmopolitan route was more about her becoming less naive, doing the job a queen should, and pissing off the elves in the process.
There are literally no downsides.

Attached: turntards on suicide watch.png (440x306, 61K)

Attached: 1476113382842.jpg (328x321, 48K)

>dont have faith in doing their own original idea
>studio has done 7 games in their own setting
>4 of which were successes,
>Staffed by a bunch of people realy hyped about Baldurs gate who realy want to make a sequal
Man come on, quit beeing such a fucking cynic, its unhealthy

They want the bg fanbase, they've just gone beyond the "spiritual successor" lie we usually get

>Real-time

Attached: 1551054249081.jpg (193x245, 10K)

oh,no!
animeherald.com/2015/07/06/voice-actress-shannon-burgess-found-dead-in-home/

>Staffed by a bunch of people realy hyped about Baldurs gate who realy want to make a sequal
I bet they're huge fans of the original too

i actually get your point with drow.
but i dont like the "Humans dwarves elves only" grognardism.
Since that wasnt even the default for most of DnDs history.

oops,wrong person.
Sorry.

When I played divos 1 I felt like every single encounter was me chain CC and bursting down the most dangerous enemy or I wiped. And everyone in my party had to be jack of all trades with heals, mitigation, executes, cc, etc. In divos 2 I can let each party member be their own class and have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I enjoyed both games a lot, but with the billion different class mods helps put divos 2 as my favorite.

same issue with summons in DnD yeah.
Especialy once you get warp infusion meaning your summon can give itself haste, meaning youve got two characters with above max AP without needing a second character to buff.
Also beeing able to do any elemental damage you need at the moment.
It was nerfed tho slightly in Definitive edition.
Totems are also fun

That's completely different Shannon. It was Heidi who voiced Jaheira in the original Baldur's Gate series

I'd buy it now but I have no idea if it will get cheaper.

that would make a nice boss.
generally mindflayer hybrids
pissing off the elves is always a good option so maybe youve got a point.
but wasnt one of the two options of the elf literaly turning her into a slut?

That's exactly what OS1 was unless the encounter design wouldn't let you do that.

>hhuman
>when you could have CLANK
>when you could have Frankenstein waifu
Its like youre some kind of Normalfag

I screwed,looked up Heidi and the link took me to that article.
NO idea whats up with Heidi,just gonna assume she joined Isis.

how can one man have such shit taste.
Dragons Dogma is great.
It perfectly captures the feel of lower level DnD.
And what? The sotry is actually kind of neat,
Grigori is a kino villain with god tier voice acting.

>but wasnt one of the two options of the elf literaly turning her into a slut?
No. It was implied that her and the commander had sex more than any of the other wives did, but the only one you can whore out is the skelly after you turn her human again.

Enjoy your grind and shit characters, story and world, pleb.

obviously.
their first game came out around the same time and sven mentions it ofthen as an inspiration

disgusting.
Told you CLANK is the better option
i pity you

>play BG2
>minmax like a madman with INT 3
>oh these scrawny faggots look punk ass virgins
>get destroyed by Illithids within 1 hit in melee
fuck, It's gonna be skelly army again in BG3

Dragon's Dogma is one of those games the turbo-autists on vee constantly shill and people are still falling into it. This is simply public service.

baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Chaotic_Commands

Never played 5th ed.
What the main differences?

It's been made playable by those that have down syndrome

>people praise objectively good gameplay
>shilling
oh boy

Everything.

If you think combat directly ripped from early 2000 Korean grindfest MMO is good, you have some serious brain damage.

>It does not protect against their intelligence draining attacks or other damaging abilities, however.

Int drain killed my mainchar since I love to melee things.

Wasn't summoning buffed in DE? Incarnate got bonus damage from warp and shadow infusions. Planar Gateway is now 0 AP. Totems got Level based INT scaling. Even fucking Ethereal Storm got fixed so that it poisons friendly undead/heals enemy undead. If anything the only weakness of summoning in DE after the 10 point investment is the inability to make the incarnate Blood/physical or Earth through spell infusions and Dimension Bolt/Ethereal Storm being effectively useless

I'm glad they're going with more of a horror vibe, since Larian's comedy has always been a major point of contention.
I hope there's some high adventure and heroism in there, though. I miss that in games.

oh.

IIRC their thac0 isn't that great so if you have good armor they usually miss. I find I usually get raped when they cc but maybe I remember wrong

Yeah, their main threat was always that they immediately zeroed in on stunned characters, who would die practically instantly.

>obviously.
Just like the guy who made the thief reboot.

I love how in the trailer after the guy turns to an illithid he just goes fuck walking and starts floating

>Not having 6 attacks per round, hasted, blessed, chanted, and defensive hamonied

Lightning fast blenders that can zip from chunk puddle to chunk puddle does the trick quite well.

I fucking stopped getting into melee with these guys, just summoned skeletons in front of me and pelt them with ranged to death.

Wait until you play scs where they have teleport

Attached: 1464328639452.jpg (243x267, 21K)

larian have proven to be extremely flexible in their works, and never have they sold out like CDPR, so what exactly makes you think they will shit on the originals?

>mfw people call melee shit in bg

Attached: 1508588481755.png (750x700, 219K)

Irenicus was a shitty villain with a generic revenge story who never manages to deal a permanent, meaningful blow against Charname.

Meanwhile Sarevok kills Gorion and nearly starts a war through political manipulation, all while being both a lower level and a martial.

Its based on the idea that 3.5 is the default of DnD, but also that 3.5 is too hard.

So its a very dumbed down 3.5, made for grognards, but hated by the same grognards.
It has the wost parts of all the previous editions combined.
it somehow manages to have, at the same time, HP bloat, caster supremacy, almost no character options, unmeaningfull power progression and almost no actual rolepayng or dungeoneering rules

Is there even a legit way to beat beholders? They just rip your defenses in seconds.

well thanks for making me realize this is bait.
Unless you think Monster Hunter is a Korean MMO, in that case you are an imbecile.
Dragons Dogma has some of the best combat in any RPGs, name one other RPG where you can climb up on a Cyclops to poke out his eyes.
or cling to a griffin when it tries to fly away.

heres your fucking (you), well done

He wasn't a shitty villain. He nearly became a god. Was his story rather simple? Yes, maybe but not bad.

I agree that Sarevok accomplished more than Irenicus. But Jon was a better villain simply because he's the motivating factor throughout. Whereas Sarevok isn't even revealed until like the last 2% of BG1.

Send a fighter in with Shield of Balduran. Ez

A LEGIT WAY

Well make your wizards cast all their blind spells on the beholder and pray it lands.

Daily remind that Ed Greenwood, the original writer and literal creator of the Forgotten Realms settings came out in support of the Trans character in SoD and said that people like that are par for the course in FR.

Buff up. They're meant to be magical bastards. Spell shield, death ward, chaotic commands will give you a solid defense.

It's a bunch of horseshit and he probably doesn't even believe it himself.

I'm really hype, but also worried.
Sven said that wotc is spending a lot of time at larian.
wotc is cancer.
larian studios is doomed to go the route of cdpr because of wotc
It's going to hopefully be an amazing game, because it's probably going to be their last.

You are dumb.

Either
1) Anti Magic buffs and bully them in physical combat
2) Transform into a mustard jelly

I missed the boat on CRPG's from 2005 and earlier and decided to play through Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. What are the essential mods?

Dragonborn and Tieflings should be very rare to see and if you play as them, you'll should get treated very differently, to a negative extent.

So much this.
Pf km suffers from the same info dump npcs as pillars, I mean one of the companions first options is literally "tell me about your childhood, please." At least in pf km your character actually progresses and you get to do big dick damage unlike the shithole that is pillars though

They've already ditched trying to 1:1 adapt 5e for pragmatic reasons so there's hope.

You don't need any mods. Unless playing the older vanilla titles where you may want widescreen. Other than that all the mods are just neckbeard shit where people just had to have drow as playable races and the like. The games just fine unmodified.

Imoen Romance mod

Attached: mod.png (1024x768, 930K)

SoD is good. Mechanically. Writing is a matter of taste, but I understand why purist grogs don't like it, even disregarding the bigotry stuff. It's wildly different in tone from the rest of the series, and the climax's scale is pretty absurd.

The sorts of encounters it has are pretty unique for the series and it's built for that sweet spot level wise that I find more fun than BG1 or late game BG2.

>fucking larian studious can't create proper heroes

Do you guys remember memorable characters from DOS 2 like you did with Minsc, Jahera, Viconia? I sure fucking don't!

Well obviously it's untenable to adapt 1:1.
That has nothing to do with the culture clash.
WotC is ruled with an iron fist by hasbro.

My biggest hope for this game outside of hoping it is amazing:
Implement flying. It's not something easily done in a rtwp rpg but I think in a turnbased rpg they might be able to do it.
Not just for combat though, that would be pointless.

None of my Drizzt novels had any and that's where I get my canon from.

It's good mechanically as long as you have absolutely god tier ability suspend your disbelief
The level range of the expac compared to the enemies you are fighting is literally retard tier

He kills Gorion right in front of you within your first 30 minutes of gameplay.

>people like that are par for the course in FR
Maybe, though i doubt they would reveal that to every new person they meet?

Because BG1 and 2 aren't filled to the brim with meme characters, right?

>you can literally use magic to give yourself boobs and a vagina
fuck right off dipshit
I hate trannies but trannies in dnd just makes sense

How are you supposed to beat them in tabletop?

What's the best way to slaughter mindflayers?

Thank YOU user! I bought it before FOR archer wife BUT user said she IS bad!

And is left as a complete mystery until literally the very end. You don't even know his motivation for killing Gorion. What's your point?

Summon a bunch of skeletons, send them through then close the doors. IIRC illithids, also maybe all other enemies, don't open the doors in unmodded game

But that's what makes SoD's example so ridiculous, user. Unless my memory is severely lacking, the character never actually did anything of the sort, they just banged on about identifying differently.

No no no no no

Changing with magic. Yes, that's ok and you could do it yourself in bg1 and 2. The problem was that the trans character was written as in "I want to be a female so I want people to threat me as one". The character wasn't magically changed. It was purely unnecessary garbage.

She's busted mechanically because she's an Archer kit Ranger in a game that's more on the high end of BG1 than 2. The character herself is eh though, I think I replaced her with some mod NPC later.

aw yis

Chaotic commands, freedom, summons, buffing Paladins and keeping the retards at the back.

>buffing Paladins and keeping the retards at the back
Why buff paladins if they're going to sit in the back?

There's nothing in the game to suggest that she's not physically female by then. She even uses the female human sprite. The only thing that she says is that she was born male.

You ARE a GOOD user!

He does not imply it was magic at all he says he always felt different. That's all.

KEK

Fuck lawful stupids.

i am playing neverwinter nights. If i am playing as a cleric and i am using no arcane or dexterity based stuff then is there any reason not to use the heaviest armor+

If i understand correctly cleric spells are not arcane and therefore not affected and the armor check penality is only for thief stuff. Am i missing something?

Attached: 20190607175634_1.jpg (1920x1080, 877K)

Paladins have exceptional saving throws, so they almost never get held. Even if they die in 2 hits it won't be an issue.

Dual wielding Fighter/mage or blade with chaotic commands, freedom, improved haste, mirror's image, stoneskin and protection from magical weapons

And of course they use a female sprite. You know what kind of uproar it would cause for trans if they didn't?

That he wasn't revealed in the last 2%, he was right there.

>he never played Divine Divinity, aka the only Diablo-like worth more than a wet shit

No, you're right, but Cleric with a single level of Monk is fuck busted and nigh invincible, and Dex AC outscales armor AC pretty heavily.

>Is there any reason not to use the heaviest armor+
No

DivDiv is not very good.

>larian studios
why bother they can't write, can't make a fun game, can't optimize, can't do anything right besides get gaymer journalists to give them bloated undeserved scores

Attached: 892389799056.jpg (680x680, 101K)

Valerie poster?

Not him, but that was another reason why he was a better villain. Jon was just a one dimensional over-the-top big bad. The game starts off with him being Josef Mengele for fuck's sake.

Yes!

Behead those who insults Larian

Oh I never actually played that steaming pile of dog shit as I hate the completely devoid of creative thought hellhole that is beamdog
Doesn't surprise me with that shitty writer they have

cool, thanks

Attached: 20190530232457_1.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

witcher 3 is shit

It starts with him being Josef mengele, but it ends with him being a broken man that was wrongfully punished for loving someone and rightfully justified in seeking revenge. He's far from one dimensional.

I'd argue that's far more depth than "I'm the son of the murder god so I gotta murder".

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

Attached: beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

D2 was great. RIP Blizzard North. I bet more people are still playing it than D3

>5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

But THAT expansion was GREAT.

Path of Exile is the real spiritual successor to Diablo series

Took me a while to recognize you. Who's your number one crpg wife?