Pokèmon peaked with gold/silver

Past this gen you only get shitty overdesigned pokèmons and eva ripoff villains trying to cause third impacts left and right, it's fucking shit.

Attached: poke.jpg (470x235, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A-pmh70cZu4
cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/ea/Psychic_II.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah man I love Gen 2
Such a wide selection of Pokémon to use too!

Attached: IceLeader.png (784x360, 27K)

This but unironically.

fuck off

>no crystal
Faggot

Crystal just adds some bonus treats not worth mentioning.
It's not bad, but it's not as relevant as gold and silver.

>Have to catch all of the legendary dogs before you can get Ho-oh
Even if it hands you one of them it's still bullshit.

GS shits the bed after you beat the league since Kanto is incredibly empty and unfinished and the level scaling is so fucked that you either spend ages grinding up to fight Red on even ground or just cheese him with Full Restores.

Why are gen2fags the most insufferable people? The original gen 2 games have aged terribly. The gen 4 remakes help fix some aspects but flaws of the original were still there since they were too faithful to the original.

Attached: Johto Encounter Rates.png (1137x1700, 254K)

The level scaling wasn't NEARLY as bad as in Emerald and FR/LG.

>Wooper
>postgame

Gen 2 has awful distibution but don't lie like that.

I would say it's as bad, maybe worse even. In RSE the E4 is the only section I ever found where it feels like you need to grind. With GSC the later areas like Pryce and Claire are a bit high level and all the pokemon around the areas near them are in their early 20's still.

Because they haven't played anything past that to make any good comparaisons. Gen 2 games were extremely shallow and short despite having two regions.

yeah, what else is new?
but the emerald ones for gba were also ok if you ignore the now declining design of bogémons that started with gold/silver
nowadays they're so fucking bad that they look like poor attempts of romhacks made by 13 yo haxters

Attached: 1553895646134.webm (480x480, 363K)

You're reading it wrong, the editing is kind of shitty. Wooper is listed as 4-60% encounter rate which is correct, it's saying Murkrow is postgame, which it is.

>Kanto
>Empty
Lmao, you get all the kanto gym leaders to fight, a snorlax all the legendaries and a conclusion to the team rocked storyline.
And let's not forget that it wasn't even considered possible to put kanto in the game due to the game boy card limitations.

>grinding up to fight Red
All you need is a lvl 60/65 team to beat red you insecure shitter.

>tfw no mask of ice subplot

I recently played through Gold and Yellow and gen 2 feels worse in almost every aspect.

still shit design

Well, probably because we're old enough to have been around when Pokemon was first created. You zoomers see Gen 4 and later and think it's the most amazing shit while us old fogeys only see the same exact formula that's already been perfected and is now just being hashed to death for all the shekels Nintendo can milk you out of. It's all about perspective.

You can beat all the gym leaders and Red in like 2 hours you fag. The gym leaders are laughably underleveled and Red's team is just plain garbage.
>due to the game boy card limitations
You mean due to Game Freak's incompetence.

>2 hours
not true, there are plenty of roadblocks and events to give you content in kanto.

>Game Freak's incompetence.
It took a videogame genius like satoru iwata to find a way to compress all the files in one card, don't act like everyone at the time was capable to do it.

The only "roadblock" is fixing the power plant you lying piece of shit, go actually play the games for once because KANTOOO has no content and just made Johto worse.

Lmao, what is the snorlax, what is the team rocked event, what is the sea rout roadblock.
Just stfu and stop being a retard because kanto has content.

>implying

Attached: Kusoge.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

That was such a stupid idea. You'd think they would use new Jotho pokemon, yet they had or the most part Kanto ones, and instead of fixing it in HGSS, they just kept it and gave Clair an additional Gyarados.

Attached: h9I4zVF.png (669x707, 62K)

The Pokemon games were an experience more than a game. I'm not really expecting good, balanced and challenging games in the jrpg genre.

When you are a child and play Pokemon you want to feel what is like to be a Pokemon trainer, a collector, to be on a grand adventure. The first Pokemon games were successful at that. Newer games improved other things but they never improved on the formula, that is, on how to feel you participate in a grand quest. For that reason they sold so much compared to newer games.

You're right, OP.

>literally Kanto's shitty little brother
Johtocucks and Hoennfags are the bottom of the barrel.

Woah, so underage kids in Japan also have shit taste. Anyone who says Black and White are excellent games needs to kill themselves.

>BW
>Excellent game

Attached: 1458229723494.jpg (1080x1283, 253K)

The level scaling was perfect in FRLG, it was ass in RSE.

>t. couldn't get past Lenora

Attached: 1559353890365.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>seething over a fake image
lmao, and Gen 5 is still better than you shit gens.

Weren't genwunners hating on Wooloo because it wasn't overdesigned enough? Make up your damn minds.

>The Pokemon games were an experience more than a game.
>were
Shut the fuck up faggot.

>what is the snorlax
You mean the snorlax that fucks off when you play the radio after fixing the power plant?
>team rocked event
You mean the team rocket event that you need to do to fix the power plant?
Your shitty region has no content, people can already speedrun RBG in like 2 hours, what makes you think the watered down version would take any longer when there's basically nothing to do, you have flight and surf from the begging, all the trainers are underleved, there's basically 0 plot and mount silver is like 2 floors long.
Jesus Christ what a shitty fucking game.

>best roster
Emerald
>best music
Platinum
>best sprites
BW/BW2
>best gameplay
HG/SS
>best map/region
FR/LG
>best protagonists
BW
>best story theme
Platinum

Attached: 1559846977888.png (315x297, 4K)

My favorite gym is the Ghost type gym, having to beat up like 20+ Gastlies in a row is really intellectually stimulating. That or the fucking Bellsprout Tower. I still love GSC though even if the variety for some areas is fucked.

>>best gameplay
>HG/SS
>the game with the worst pokemon distribution and trainer/wild pokemon level curve has the best gameplay
Nah, that goes to DP for introducing the physical split.

It peaked with yellow

Johto suffered for Kanto's sake and will forever be known as the springboard into Kanto.

>speedrun
Yikes!
You're just seething because nu gens have no post game as good or as memorable when compared to gold/silver.

For those who are interested in the battle animations and the upgrades and downgrades to the way fights look throughout the mainline series, this video does a great job of showcasing how difficult it became to scale some of this shit when you're pushing 700+ monsters.

youtu.be/A-pmh70cZu4

Attached: wp3230052.jpg (2000x1000, 264K)

Okay, so you really don't have anything to say, good night.

>as good
GSC Kanto wasn't good, it gimped Johto by skewing the distribution rates and level curve and added nothing new.

I watched the first couple of seconds and remember why I liked the early gens. Wild Pokémon appeared instantaneously. You could start battling within a second. Gen 4 onwards it took about 4 or 5 seconds to fully load a battle. It gets longer with each generation. It's fucking annoying.

>Dude it has no content even though you get the previous gens 'mons and bonus treats like fighting the old game gym leaders because you can speedrun them.
That's all your argument.
Grind the elite 4 if you care about leveling your team.

Oh no, I don't want my huge corporation to work too hard :( Making low effort games is ok :(

This

>because you can speedrun them.
Holy shit, I never said that.
I see what the problem is, you are actually retarded, you cannot read and thus you get stuck in a children's video game. I guess that's one way to make the waste land that is Kanto last more than a couple of hours.

>Grind the elite 4 if you care about leveling your team.
>bro grinding will everything
Johtocucks are pathetic.

all that shit and nothing still beats psychic anims from the first two gens
>link related because i can't upload this shit: cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/ea/Psychic_II.png

>OMG COMFY!
>I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW RED ON THE MOUNTAIN!

Why are Johtards just the worst?

Attached: nui.jpg (225x350, 33K)

I absolutely love GSC and can still play it, but I honestly think gen 3 & 4 were massive improvements where gameplay's concerned. Some of my favorite Pokemon came from gen 3 as well. HGSS improved upon GSC in just about every way.

Yeah, well, I liked Pokemon until Gen 6. Even then, I have good things to say about parts of 6 and 7. Moreso 7 than 6.

>HGSS improved upon GSC in just about every way.
Except where it actually counted.

badass

every single game after diamond and pearl have physical/special split, you retard
they also have more than 3 different fire pokemon

I beat red with level 40s and 50s and im not even good lol

But gen 4 was terrible
5 seems bad
I didnt even play the seiries outside of gen 1 or 3
Until x and y came out

>they also have more than 3 different fire pokemon
>playing anything but Platinum for the Sinnoh experience

>every single game after diamond and pearl have physical/special split, you retard
After DP introduced it and made the shit gens that didn't have them obsolete.

Which is one of the games after diamond and pearl, you stupid faggot

learn to follow a conversation, retard

>Pokemon peaked with baby Pokemon and a gutted return to recycled locations
That's kind of sad.

The only thing it didn't improve was level scaling.

>better options for building your team thanks to evo items in Pokeathelon, gen 4 evos and Johto Pokemon in the Safari Zone(Larvitar, Misdreavus)
>higher difficulty due to better AI and opponent teams
>physical special split
>better postgame than GSC

That's nice, snookums.

>the best animated sprites in all of pokemon
>just some bonus treats
its definitive version of gen 2 even better than hgss

Point is that is Physical split was introduced in DP. and changed the series for the better.

>Johto Pokemon in the Safari Zone(Larvitar, Misdreavus)
That was more of a bandaid then a fix. Gym leaders still have shit teams and the pokemon dist. is still poor from that point on and waiting for the new mons was a terrible design.

god i want to go back so bad

every region excluding johto is a fucking shithole. team rocket overpowers the police in kanto,hoenn and alola are tropical island shit, sinnoh is the unfrosted corn flakes of the series, unova is a circle, kalos is a gay pride circle, and galar is polluted by brown characters

Attached: best shiny.gif (500x354, 336K)

Yeah, a second long animation is definitely worth not having the physical and special split as well every pokemon having a shitty learnset.

Enjoy having pokemon that don't learn a STAB attack until level 50.

>team rocket overpowers the police in kanto
What the fuck does this even mean and how does it affect the gameplay?

crystalfags are mentally ill

the game is only worth it on VC for celebi. that's it. the one advantage it has over GSHGSS

True, only sinnoh babies keeps denying it.

You're overthinking it.

Attached: 1474214042292.png (1302x1301, 94K)

>VC
oh sorry I didnt know i was talking to a zoomer i wont bother then

But Platinum actually salvaged its region unlike HGSS which only continued the tradition of Johto being Kanto's bitch.

I almost agree but RSE brought some great pokemon with it too

Attached: 250px-297Hariyama.png (250x250, 57K)

Gen 4 has the best wife

Attached: 0.jpg (1000x740, 117K)

Most of my favorites are gen 3.

Attached: download.png (245x158, 27K)

how is that png a gif

Attached: 1470888603106.gif (260x146, 1.14M)