Place your bets. Who gets into Sonic Mania 2?

Place your bets. Who gets into Sonic Mania 2?

Attached: Fang vs Amy.png (636x486, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pYyCRBwhsAo?list=LLWEGZy_48vf10IiSe4PM3-Q
heroesrequests.sega.com/s3/SEGA-Heroes-character-requests
youtu.be/RYBTMs7x41I
youtu.be/NGR5fTO2oio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tails Doll

Attached: TailsDoll.png (750x650, 101K)

I’m pretty sure sega forgot who fang is

Brad "The Chad" Flick is working at Evening Star and he carries a torch for Fang, so probably him.

Both are already in the game. Not sure why'd you want to play as either though, they're lame

Mighty and Ray make me think they want to go with bringing back Sonic characters Sega forgot. Of those I would consider Fang to be the one with the most potential and personality, since he's a silly outlaw rival for Sonic and Tails that lives in another dimension. It would be cool if he got a real role that utilizes his character. That hasn't been done since his debut appearance in a minor Game Gear game.

Attached: tumblr_p35xs4CB1X1w1kerio1_400.gif (400x356, 1.84M)

You've played Mania 2?

Why did Robotnik even make this thing

Fang's original creator drew some art of him this year.

Attached: 1559720264040.jpg (1516x2048, 995K)

Silver.

Hopefully Shadow and they ditch the classicpedo shit and use the Advance sprites.
Or even better, use 3D models like Sonic Rush, a game with ACTUAL soul.

Attached: 7143.png (148x125, 15K)

Amy and Metal Sonic
Make Fang a cool boss (maybe recurring?) fight instead

Attached: sonic-mania-adventures.jpg (655x365, 36K)

>Fang the Sniper
>Uses a revolver

He had a really fucked up nightmare and when he woke tails doll was just hanging around.

Whenever he talks to it, it ignores him, but listens to metal sonic.

both are unsettled by it tho

You can snipe with a revolver.

Amy obviously, maybe Metal. There was such an outcry in certain corners of the internet over unknown characters like Ray/Mighty getting in over Amy that they made that Christmas special.

Assuming Mighty and Ray return for the sequel, Amy would make it six playable characters total, I'd say that that's certainly the limit either way. Honestly, I'd rather they focus on making a game lacking in rehashed levels before they try to cram as many characters as possible in.

>sonic mania 2
>not announced
>basedfagtard

It depends what they do. You could easily add more characters and do it well, but only if they keep the sonic style gameplay.

They're the wrong time period, but I would like a 2d Blaze and Shadow

probably another sega character like monkey ball

Fang is a recurring boss, like Triple Trouble, where he tries to nab the Chaos Emeralds and any other valuables that may be a part of the game's story. He also gets his own what-if story mode where he's playable and allowed to best Sonic and Eggman. He's slower than the main three and his gimmick his having a bouncy tail, which can propel him upwards and forwards as high or far as your current momentum dictates. He could have exclusive powerups in his hover bike and revolver. He's unlocked by beating Fang in every boss fight and therefore beating the game with all the chaos emeralds. His mode should be harder than it is for the main three and have some exclusive level design and end boss.

Amy is a damsel in distress, like Sonic CD, but only for Sonic or Sonic & Tails. Saving her is optional. She's unlocked as a playable character by saving her and beating the game as Sonic or Sonic & Tails. She's even slower than Fang and her gimmick his having the squeaky toy hammer that stuns badniks, doesn't destroy them. She can't spin dash or spin attack. She's like the ultra hard mode option.

WAY more people were happy to see neglected characters like Mighty and Ray return than people were angry they didn't go with Amy. In fact the Amy complainers were more of an annoying minority than anything.

Amy was amazing in sonic advance, If they went with that playstyle it'd be cool, but It's not a huge deal.

Amy fans need to shut the fuck up, do you know what it's like being a cream fan?

>Mario

shadow

>morden
>soul

I wouldn't say "amazing" unless you're a big fan of Sonic Adventure Amy and really wanted to play as that in 2D. Not bad but there's better characters.

I might buy the game for Amy. Although I guess there are probably mods already.

>another dimension
? Is this some backstory from the comics?

Robotnik has a Sonic plushy on his bedroom, so why not?

>Eggman is middle-aged
>Sonic is 16
>Knuckles is 15
>Tails and Amy are 8
>Metal Sonic is a robot
>the Chaotix are all teenagers
How old is Fang supposed to be? Like 30? I somehow doubt he's as young as the rest of the animal cast.

Attached: 1559688438684.png (1414x462, 542K)

I'd say like 17 or 18
25 max

There is nothing wrong with the classic sprites, my man. Advance is nice but it's not the only good one either.

Hopefully everyone from Mania as well as Amy, Honey, Mecha Sonic (S3K), Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles and the Chaotix.

Attached: 1559605055406.jpg (1888x7921, 1.56M)

Friendly reminder that Fang isn't even a weasel, he's a jerboa

God I hope they don't even make a Mania 2. Mania, while a good idea, was really not that fun. 3&K's bloated level design was never good for Sonic and it sucks that it's the main style used in Mania.

Attached: give up.jpg (218x262, 50K)

From his character bio in the manual of Sonic & Tails 2, the Japanese version of Sonic Triple Trouble.
>Fang the Sniper
>A treasure hunter who lives in subspace and seems to be collecting Chaos Emeralds. He is a rather sly villain but is stingy with the way he does things. He fusses over sneakily turning up and outwitting people, but he's often the one having a poor endgame... That's the kind of mischievous character he is. He boasts a flying bike, among other things...

They could go crazy and have Tails & Knuckles be captured, with Ray & Mighty replacing them within the main playable roster. In any case Mighty needs work as a character though, he was pretty boring to play. Ray on the otherhand somehow ended up being the most fun character in the game.

Sonic Mania 2 is not happening but Sonic Fighters 2 will get an announcement at EVO this year

here's your level, bro

Attached: straight line zone.png (5624x640, 1.52M)

>bloated
I swear, I've been hearing people parrot this word more and more ever since that one bait thread a long time ago

>tips fedora

What an awful opinion.

Could he be right?
youtu.be/pYyCRBwhsAo?list=LLWEGZy_48vf10IiSe4PM3-Q

Attached: 1559512303516.png (254x256, 54K)

Based

Attached: 1556230897781.png (1280x926, 890K)

>japanese manual

Not again. Why the fuck they had to butcher the western manuals? I remember looking into the japanese and west manual versions in Sonic Jam, and the japanese manual of Sonic 3 explained everything I MEAN EVERYTHING how the gimmicks of each level worked and even shit like how the Blue Spheres worked(how could make them into rings to get perfects with images showing it off)

Anyways, that is interesting, I never knew that about Fang.

Sonic as a straight line game works perfectly. The purpose of the games is to utilize your speed and momentum to get around obstacles quickly and to access different paths. 3&K lost focus of what was important and turned it into CD but faster. Too much vertical platforming, not enough focus on utilizing your skill to get around quickly, far too many pointless paths that don't really shave any time off.

Attached: s3-cnz-act1map-min.png (7168x1536, 1.24M)

I'd take it.
What we really need is a Fighters Megamix 2.
Since it wouldn't be reused assets: the game, the non-joke characters could pull from a lot more games, like Axel from Streets of Rage, or Kiryu and Majima.

Attached: fighters megamix hornet.png (640x480, 405K)

sonic adventure remake soon

You can go through this level by mostly just running straight ahead too if you really want though

only if they redesign sonic to look closer to his adventure model

Attached: AD-LightAttackPose.gif (400x480, 504K)

That would be really cool. Sonic Team gets their shit together and starts over Reboot Sonic with the Adventure games again, maybe even leading up to Adventure 3.
Evening Star keeps the original Sonic alive and is allowed greater budgets and creative freedom to do what they like.
Best possible timeline right there.

Better not be fucking using the lost world engine

OUT OF THE WAY METAL VIRGINS

Attached: file.png (877x1347, 158K)

I would love something like this. Sega has so many shit to add into a fighter

forgotten, unfortunately. such a based fucking design, he can even go super saiyan.

It's a bit lame what Metal Sonic became. Originally his only purpose was to be faster than Sonic. A robot that's better at being Sonic than Sonic. Now he hardly even races around doing hi-speed shit, he's just another regular boss. Mecha Sonic was the one that was supposed to surpass Sonic's battle tactics, like spin attack. I don't think Metal Sonic could curl up originally, he could just go very fast.

The obvious choice is Amy.
The RIGHT choice is Fang.

Attached: 1504491169907.png (128x128, 2K)

I didn't mind it being reused assets the game because it made for amazing joke characters and the best 3D fighter of the 5th generation. But unfortunately, Sega AM2 is fucking dead and the last fighting game SEGA made was 12 years ago. It's never happening :(

Attached: Mr.Meat vs Palm Tree.jpg (1338x958, 502K)

>using a design which was specifically made to be used in a 3d environment, be put into a 2d game
no

Mania 2: Amy, Fang/Nack, Metal
Mania 3: Vector, Espio, Charmy

Then all 3 can LOCK ON.

I love Advance art style, but don't try to make this into a sexual preference kind of thing.

Attached: 1500539138461.png (350x476, 157K)

I like Hideki Naganuma's soundtracks and even like Blaze, but let's not pretend Rush was anything more than a 7/10 game
Your ideas would doom Sonic to mediocrity at best

Espio and Charmy.
Vector left those two behind to be in Team Sonic Racing.
So the Mighty and Ray of Mania 2 will be Espio and Charmy.

Attached: Chaotix-0.png (350x423, 176K)

I had the world record time in Sonic The Fighters once

Considering the outcry at Amy not being in the encore dlc, it's gotta be Amy. Seriously fuck you sega for "not having the budget" or whatever shitty excuse it was.

There will never be a Sonic Mania 2.

>best selling Sonic game and highest rated Sonic game
>implying it won't get a sequel

I could see Sonic Team and SoJ being such petty bitches

Vector is the only good Chaotix and he's been Sonic's friend long before he knew Espio or Charmy. They were even in a band together.

Attached: 1524792877638.png (1658x866, 1.1M)

Considering most Sonic fans found that little "outcry" really annoying, I won't be surprised if they just mock Amy again.

I loved his shoulder dash.

All the Chaotix had interesting move twists on the Sonic formula, they were just stuck in a shit game.

Amy will be saved for a third entry and play a role in the story of Mania 2, while the Chaotix will be playable in the sequel using the Encore Mode gimmick and face off against the Hooligans.
At least, that's what I would love to have

That's exactly why Sega's been promoting the hell out of it nearly 2 years later and even admitting that it was a turning point, right?

>yfw it's Sharps the Parakeet

Attached: latest-3.jpg (1722x2048, 399K)

Based.

The thing is Sega and logical business deals is oul and water.

Did you actually play Mania or Generations?

I'm just saying, even if it was made by Gaijins, money is money. That's all you'd think they care about. And realistically it should be better for them too, just kick back and make them do the 2D games for them while they don't have to do a goddamn thing.

>best selling Sonic game

Attached: 1552099936563.gif (245x245, 786K)

Most of the Mania devs are under one banner now(with the notable exception of Stealth). If anything, the process of making Mania 2 would be easier now that there's less companies to keep track of.

Now is not the time to start this just because he over-exaggerated a little.

So Stealth is still running Headcannon?

Yep. He tried to pitch a Darwing Duck game to Capcom recently, but they turned him down.

>classicpedo shit
what

Attached: 1554649575038.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

I do wonder if a sequel can go smoothly without him, iirc I heard he was the programmer of a number of things like Bosses.

it's a recent shitpost that's cropped up.

Attached: 1545358635744.png (629x749, 158K)

There's no reason he couldn't still work on the sequel. He probably just wanted to stay independent for personal reasons.

Amy for the female character slot.
Sucks that the only female character is a little girl and a fangirl who looks like pink Sonic though BAKA lad

I suppose

>Amy
>only female character

Attached: 1552945891631.png (438x661, 177K)

Blaze exists

Blaze is a modern character and isn't allowed in the classic sub-series.

Attached: 1535289412214.png (320x320, 106K)

Says who

Or just don't have her? Mania didn't have her and didn't need her, not every game NEEDS every kind of marketing token imaginable. Leave marketing shit for marketing. Girls like Sonic and Tails WAY more than Amy anyway.

Iizuka

Iizuka, the general director of the Sonic series.
Mighty, Ray, and Fang aren't allowed to be in Modern games either.

Says Iizuka. Similar reason is why Mighty and Ray won't ever appear in a modern game unless they were "rebooted" like the Chaotix were in Heroes.

Mania was easily my game of the year, it was so fucking good. I still sit down every couple of months and run through it in a sitting. The physics, the stage design, the references, the soundtrack is all perfect. It's still hard to believe we live in a timeline where Sonic actually got the Saturn sequel it deserved

Unfortunately I think it was a universal fluke and probably won't happen again

Well let's be fair, he goes back on his word all the time. He'll probably try to bend the rules if enough fans nag his ear off.

>implying it's not going to be Max the Parrot
Taxman and Stealth both come from the Sonic Retro community, they should at least know he exists

he is into it

forgot pic

Attached: 5uuk3kbbstm01.png (618x738, 183K)

mighty should have his wall jump and give him the insta shield

Iizuka-san.
Some characters are either Modern exclusive or Classic exclusive. Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, etc. aren't allowed in Modern games and Shadow, Rouge, Blaze, Silver, etc. aren't allowed in Classic games.
Did you know that SEGA considers Sonic Heroes to be the Chaotix's proper debut? That's right, they aren't allowed in Classic Sonic games!

Attached: 1529047080915.jpg (3382x3357, 776K)

There's not gonna be a Sonic Mania 2.

at least be generous enough to give a source, man

Giving Ray blue shoes was a dumb choice. It ruins his color scheme and ruins the Michael Jackson vibe that Sonic, Mighty, and Ray had. They should have given him white shoes with red laces if they wanted to alter it.

>spoiler
So how are you liking Team Sonic Racing?

Fang was already in Mania

>Well let's be fair, he goes back on his word all the time.
The classic/modern character thing is pretty set in stone, user. It's not really a bad thing, though. Having modern characters (like Shadow) in classic games would just take time and attention away from characters we wouldn't get to see otherwise (like Fang), and most modern games are mediocre at best anyway, so who cares if classic characters aren't in them.

Attached: 1545281964525.png (300x216, 84K)

>Fang missed being a mainstay by *ᵗʰᶦˢ* much

Attached: sonic-x-treme-e500739f-6870-41b8-94e0-56e97b1f0ea-resize-750.jpg (692x1155, 107K)

It was a Heavy Magician illusion, not really Fang. I remember all the excitement when he was first teased though.

X-treme never even got close to being finished

Attached: FfSxZwh.jpg (1216x1648, 353K)

It was getting kind of close. At least it was in the final phases of development when it was cancelled. The vision was getting clearer and gameplay/level design was coming along smoothly.

Judging by how fucking legendarily bad that game's development cycle was, it would have been half baked shit, anyway.

>Did you know that SEGA considers Sonic Heroes to be the Chaotix's proper debut? That's right, they aren't allowed in Classic Sonic games!
I've never heard that. Just that Iizuka considers their appearance in Heroes as a "reboot" of the characters. If they showed up in a classic game they'd likely be presented as they were in Chaotix/Fighters/Sonic 1 concept art.

>Q: So I was thinking about the possiblity of having seperate games for each side of the fanbase. Like, having Christian Whitehead keep making Sonic Mania type games and then having a seperate team who are passionate about Adventure games make something like that, and then also have Boost games or...whatever the future of Boost Sonic you want to do.
>Iizuka: Yeah so, it takes us about two to three years from beginning to end to make a game, a Sonic game, and because, you know, every year we're trying to bring something new so everyone can have fun playing a Sonic game. We do have a lot of multiple teams kind of working at the same time so what you kind of imagine in your head of Christian making one type of game and Sonic Team making another type of game, uh yeah, we are implementing that kind of structure.

I'm pretty sure Chris Senn said they never finished a single actual level. They only ever had test levels. Nor did the music ever get finished as Howard Drossin was supposed to be the composer.

Plus, IIRC devs were in awful shape towards the end with sickness and Senn overworking himself.

No, they really buckled down and started making a concise game before it got cancelled.

It would honestly be great if they just add more stages and characters to it. It's been selling surprisingly well so it would be in their best interest to do it

Where is this from?

SXSW 2018.

Didn't the fish lens version get scrapped because SoJ's reps were shown a shitty beta by another company?

GOD I WISH THAT WAS ME

I like how the left four have all been playable characters in a video game which has released in the past year, and the guy on the right has literally never been in anything ever. Tough break there Max.

is that from the comics?

Attached: DHp_b9dU0AAw7Cz.jpg orig.jpg (819x512, 37K)

Sonic the Fighters

Attached: 1553368951951.jpg (736x600, 66K)

They couldn't even decide on what animal he was. I think he's been a chicken, a parakeet, and a parrot.

www.strawpoll.me/18128182

>A scrapped character

Neither the art nor the character.

Attached: honey.gif (432x366, 1.14M)

oh shit, she is official why the devs didn't include her pussy in MANIA?

I WANT TO BE HONEY

She was playable in the 2012 re-release of Fighters. She's also listed here, under Sonic the Hedgehog: Classic - heroesrequests.sega.com/s3/SEGA-Heroes-character-requests

Attached: 1556125285518.jpg (772x1036, 101K)

they need to make an exception for mommy Rouge

Attached: 8-5-2019 1.5.34 2.jpg (1179x528, 93K)

Honey c*nny

Stop milking nostalgia SEGA.

is Sonic the Fighters HD on PC or Switch?

HAHA IT LOOKS LIKE TAILS CROSSFRESSING HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA
FRESCNO PECSCNOOO'
KAK

>16
>cunny

Literally everyone is asking for a fully original game, calm down

shaddup

HAHA IT LOOKS LIKE TAILS CROSSFRESSING HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA
FRESCNO PECSCNOOO'
JAJA KARKAT AWOOOOOO ZEENOOOOOOO

Attached: 1540187302854.png (1248x1920, 3.05M)

KARKAT ZZZZDEEEOON
DENANIII AWOOOO MASUO KUSOAGE
DENTSU NO BAKA
HANTG INTIFGHTT
DOEOTNT LET ME OWOOWWWOWOWOW
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Attached: 1555897799034.gif (440x247, 621K)

The Sonic tournament idea was really cool. It's a shame that Archie was absolutely abysmal at depicting any sort of action.

Attached: 1505084009190.png (719x444, 431K)

He's the most famous jerboa in the world.

Attached: Jerboaa.jpg (580x450, 44K)

Fuck Iizuka's rules.

Half-jerboa. Which is fucking stupid, admittedly.

Nah it's for the best. Imagine if nobodies like Bark and Bean started showing up at the Sonic and Mario Olympics.

That's purely a 90's Sega of Japan marketing team thing like how he was a weasel over here. Fang is just a jerboa with a big fucking fang.

>caring about the integrity of the Olympics minigame trash
>implying Bean and Bark wouldn't be an improvement anyways

Attached: 1394657301191.png (199x198, 83K)

I fail to see the issue. What's the point of spinoff party games of weird literally whos don't show up?

Says the man that contradicts himself all the time. His interviews are a fucking gold mine

>it takes them 2 or 3 years, or maybe 4 to make a fucking Sonic game
>when Adventure 1 had a development of less than a year and Adventure 2 less than 2 years

They work bad and their management is terrible

Hi, Iizuka.

I'd start buying the games again, I don't see the problem here.

this. i fucking hate every single classic exclusive character. they were scrapped for a reason

>when shit like "Charmy" made the cut
>when shit like "Zavok" still gets created from scratch

Attached: 1491670109440.png (500x333, 262K)

What could Bean or Bark even do if they're not supposed to be Fang's sidekicks or even villains?

Attached: Bean Mania.png (965x924, 731K)

charmy and zavok need to go asap too
>sonic
>eggman
>tails
>knuckles
>amy
>metal
>vector
>espio
>shadow
>rouge
>blaze

there. fixed the cast

Yea because Sonic Team is a bunch of retards. I mean unless you unironically believe the Deadly Six is better than the Hooligans.

Why can't they be sidekicks? Teaming them up with Fang comes pretty naturally when they're all extended cast of STF. Hell, Mania already grouped them, so the link is even stronger now.
"Archie did it so it can never be allowed" is not good logic.

That's basically the cast right now anyways. And it's stale as fuck.

i don't want shitty looney tunes villains in my sonic. that includes BOTH the deadly six and the hooligans

The Deadly Six looks more like some kind of Dora the Explora villain than Looney Toons, m8

Fang is from an older game than Sonic the Fighters, pic related.

Attached: Fang's brilliant trap.gif (480x432, 297K)

She's a parody of a Fighting Vipers character also names Honey/Candy so there might be some rights issues. Also her "official" status is somewhat in the air, as she didn't actually appear in Sonic the Fighters, she was a cut character found in the game files, but she was made playable for the port of Fighters to modern consoles.

Attached: candygif.gif (293x480, 28K)

I never claimed he wasn't.

>classic is looney tunes
oy vey...

Attached: 1559612055023.jpg (658x726, 218K)

>but she was made playable for the port of Fighters to modern consoles.

sounds like there shouldn't be issues for bringing her again

I'm honestly banking on Sonic Mania 2 trying to go a bit off the wall and abandon the "classic era only" thing and embrace some nostalgia for dreamcast era games (while still maintaining the classic gameplay/aesthetic.)

If I'm right I fully believe the reveal trailer would have Sonic and Shadow on City Escape.

Oh right because Sonic the Hedgehog is srs bsns. Here's your fucking "Sonic" game, then.

Attached: Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png (220x280, 150K)

It turns out they're not bad guys at all. We didn't know that here in the Sonic fanbase until after Mania came out. Bean is just a loony soccer player and Bark is a strong but gentle and shy snowboarder.
And my opinion is that in a hypothetical mainline game where Fang gets to be a rival again, Bean and Bark would probably just end up being distracting and unnecessary additions too, as great as they are in spinoffs. I do think they all look good together though and I would love to see Fang somehow recruit them if they were allowed to be in team-based games like Sonic Heroes or Team Sonic Racing.

Attached: bark_in_a_desert_of_gloom_by_krokodilov-d4jc2j4.png (400x500, 157K)

>Excluding Nakamura's boring OC
It's perfect.

would unironically take another one of those than them introducing the hooligans in modern

based
cringe
double based
triple based

that's all i had to say, thank you for your time, classicbros

I'm fine with them being good or evil. But if they're friends, they don't really have as many excuses to show up. We all know it will default to Tails and Knuckles for every game from now into infinity. Especially with that hack Iizuka never straying from the most basic of formulas.

Rats dat? You rike green hirr? HERE YOU GOOO

idk one got a full animation and one didn't so you tell me.

Attached: 425px-Classic_sonic_back2.svg.png (425x544, 67K)

Fuck Fang. Silver should be in Mania 2.
>is the best hedgehog with a fantastic character design that would look even better in Classic
>has actually really interesting psychokinetic powers that would lend itself perfectly to Classic gameplay
>isn't some edgelord meme character like Fang and Shadow
>story-wise needs another chance to redeem himself and be a hero
Amy can come too but it should be a Classic redesign of Modern Amy instead of regular Classic Amy.

Attached: serveimage.png (500x500, 134K)

That game was far from being "close", they didn't even have ring collecting working iirc.

Cringe. Silver is legitimately the worst Sonic character.

Playable Metal Sonic confirmed!

Attached: f497d992f450f49db98a7eda657ce77fdeac3995.jpg (1300x1300, 421K)

The one that didn't so they can get a full animation too. Nack is funny, he would be perfect in a cartoon.

>Silver
What astoundingly garbage tastes you have.

Attached: 1461983155583.jpg (760x571, 41K)

It's going to be Nack/Fang and have the Battle Birds and Witchcarters as villains.

That sounds like a bad idea since they haven't even explored much of the "classic only" sealed content and games. It would be better to get that and also an Adventure style game from another team.

>Fang
>edgelord
You don't know what you're even talking about. Fang is a clown, you beat him down in comedic fashion in Triple Trouble. The gun isn't for Shadow style emo shit.

>Battle Birds and Witchcarters as villains.
That would be honestly pretty rad. I don't know how I feel about Robotnik on the sideline, but something dramatically different could be amazing.

Seething fangfags. Silver is based.

Attached: 1503284388149.png (760x878, 309K)

>get censored in the west, even her name was changed
>that shot of her in bikini with big tits and "taste of honey" in Fighters Megamix female route credits
Worse part is people only remembering her for Fighters and not her better version without the armor.

Fang is shit too.

>edgelord meme character like Fang
>Silver needs another chance to redeem himself
Face it Nakamura, you're never getting your shitty Silver solo game, now suffer while Fang the (Based) Sniper gets a playable spot in Mania 2.

He's the poor man's Trunks. They don't even attempt to hide it.

Attached: it's no use.jpg (1000x529, 223K)

Fang is short.

Attached: Fang_Front.png (320x240, 19K)

Does that mean he's the poor man's Vegeta's son? I seem to recall him being his son in the weird sword game.

Shadow's son, you mean? Yeah, probably. If Sega didn't have an allergy to familial relations.

Attached: 1550430048877.png (1738x1503, 502K)

>in a Sonic thread
>doesn't know basic-ass DBZ lore

Attached: 1556507892460.png (1280x341, 49K)

It might have been in SaTBK, but not in the actual canon, Iizuka deconfirmed it. Well, there goes the only potentially interesting aspect of his character.

Galahad is Lancelot's son via rape, yes. But Silver isn't Shadow's son in the actual canon, that was deconfirmed.

Attached: 1549867768932.jpg (480x640, 69K)

Fun fact, Chris Senn finally worked on a sonic game that was finished. That game was Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

>Iizuka never confirms anything
>never introduces anything to the characters
>only stiff-arms ideas that get presented to him
That man cannot get fired soon enough.

Attached: 1550434332912.png (412x374, 211K)

He gets fired, then we have Kishimoto and Nakamura, who are both basically Iizuka on steroids. Context: youtu.be/RYBTMs7x41I Iizuka's an evil, but be is unfortunately a nessecary one.

Attached: Screenshot_20190605-223136_Chrome.jpg (1080x611, 173K)

Fighting Vipers is such a satisfying game. Massive damage with most attacks, and the fucking impact you can practically feel when you send someone soaring through the air, through a stage barrier. So fucking satisfying.

Sonic is truly fucked into the foreseeable future, isn't he? I guess I can stop holding my breath.

Attached: 1417927394232.png (385x331, 48K)

This, Iizuka may be bad, but Nakamura and Kishimoto are way worse

That and he was still the one who convinced Sega to greenlight Mania, so he at least did 'something' of worth in the past few years. Like, imagine where we'd be without that game? We would have gone straight from Lost World and Boom to Forces and then the goddamn movie. It's why I'm happy Mania existed, it was if nothing more, a moment of solace.

Attached: r67.jpg (640x480, 147K)

>isn't some edgelord meme character like Fang
Fang runs around waving a popgun in people's faces. He's the exact opposite of edgy.

A lot of people like to pin the blame solely on Sega, and while the rushed porting explains the terrible graphics and bugs, it doesn't explained the game design, which is by far it's worst aspect from it's very foundation. As much as I don't like calling people hacks, it seems that is the case for Senn. There is not a single aspect of Rise of Lyric's game design that is remotely sound, it doesn't even fucking play like a Sonic game. In all levels of game design, both Rise of Lyric and Chris Chris Senn absolutley failed. But perhaps Bob Rafei (the director) forced the idotic game design choices on to him, since he still seems to be fairly ignorant about how truly bad the game was.

Maybe Sonic needs to be a complete dumpster fire for a few years, it might be worth it for Sega to collapse. What a bunch of clowns. They don't deserve to continue existing as a company.

Attached: 1557731949520.gif (300x300, 2.92M)

There's a possibility of a Mania 2, but otherwise, nothing good.
If Mania didn't exist, I probably wouldn't be a SEGA fan anymore, let alone a Sonic fan.

SEGA will never fucking collapse, they make profits in many more sectors and areas than Sonic. But for some reason, they don't seem to give any of a shit to make sure Sonic is actually good so he sells well. I can't believe this was once the company that had Nintendo on edge.

Probably same, yeah. I was just about ready to take a break from the series until I saw that reveal trailer at the anniversary party.

SONIC MANIA: ACT 2

Imagine if they announced it at E3. Holy fuck.

Attached: 1510097394232.png (594x492, 218K)

Attached: OVERSOUL.webm (1920x1080, 589K)

There is so much to be hyped for in a Mania sequel, it is fucking insane.

>Brand new levels, all new zones
>New characters and playable styles to fuck with
>Possible duo mechanic, each with their own little twist
>Maybe a 3d hub world zone to fuck around with?
>History menu like in the Plus Collection, with art, comics, concept art
>A brand new, entire new soundtrack by Tee fucking Lopes, Mania Act 2 is bassically a new fucking album coming out, not just a video game
>New Mania Adventure shorts, maybe even with Fang and Rascal?
>Brand new special stages
>All that top tier Mania merch that dropped being ascended and filled with soul

Attached: 1506040559708.png (2565x971, 856K)

Just let it be all new this time, please.

You're forgetting the best one, user

Pre-hype Mania Yea Forums threads

Attached: 1520979668930.png (1280x3270, 1.2M)

WEAPONIZED. AUTISM.

WHAT'S IN THE HOLE

Attached: 1520980093685.jpg (1662x3303, 1.51M)

>3d hub world
only if they make it low poly like the sonic jam one
>have little collectibles, like art
>simple but explorable hub
>minigames
>can explore with each character
it's perfect

Attached: 1530899759247.png (567x704, 795K)

>tfw good 3d sonic never ever
>forever reliant on classic stuff
I hate everything about this franchise's mismanagement

Attached: sonic.png (268x268, 151K)

>people thought metallic madness was deconfirmed
lol

I just finished 1 and 2 and you’re full of shit.
Both thise games had so many portions of slowed down platforming that even with knowledge of, and very good execution, you still have to slow the fuck down. Hell it even had block pushing puzzles.

S3&k perfected the formula of having a fun platforming experience with branching levels, while being designed around subsequent playthroughs, wih speed being a reward for knowledge and skill instead of being the sole focus like fucking everyone thinks.

The speed is what you get when you play the game enough to get good. The core platforming hold the game up to make you want to go faster.

I can't wait to do this again, old friends...
youtu.be/NGR5fTO2oio

Attached: 1546247432408.jpg (5252x4134, 3.99M)

Oh do tell, how does psychokinesis lend itself to rolling in a ball and going fast "perfectly?"

I really don't get Sonic fans sometimes. They complain about the levels being too short in stuff like Sonic 2, Generations or especially Forces, saying the levels should be longer like Adventure or Unleashed. But then turn right around and complain when 3&K or Mania does just that, so which is it then? And even then, all those games have plenty of routes to shave time so yeah he is kinda full of shit. And that's the other thing too, I never even noticed how long I was taking in Mania half the time my first few times around till the act was over because of how much fun I was having, that should say something.

Attached: 1545531018939.jpg (1920x1080, 710K)

>this random ass shitflinging contest between characterfags
What the fuck even

Attached: 1559856701252.png (217x283, 123K)

Mania was such a gorgeous game

Mania was a throwback to the classic games.

So Mania 2 should be a throwback to the Adventue era.

So I'd hope Tikal, Chaos, Rogue, Shadow, Blaze, and Silver

Up your game, this is some weak shit.

Attached: bait.png (266x184, 53K)

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Attached: a14c26929d0a65d53c24e65740a72c71.jpg (1280x1780, 419K)

Welcome to the Sonic fanbase, where we care about the characters more than the games!

Amy would've been better than the Mighty we currently have in Sonic Mania. Mighty's an easy mode that has nothing interesting for players who can already dodge. Should've gave Mighty his wall jump at least.

mighty should have his wall jump and maybe insta shield, his bounce slam isn't unique enough. it should work like the water shield bounce and launch him higher

Attached: 1502126183942.gif (251x173, 95K)

>his bounce slam isn't unique enough.
>making it exactly like another existing move will make it more unique

Attached: tails.png (916x888, 104K)

Insta-Shield wouldn't have worked as well because Sonic already has it with an option. I would be good with a Bubble Shield Bounce, or something like the Bounce Bracelet from the Adventure games.
He means unique as it carves an actual niche among the other characters. Right now the move is pretty much dead weight.

Seems they forgot the big-ol green circle on Oil Ocean. Unless this was before they knew about it.

Where did this "speed is your reward for mastering Sonic games" meme come from? Once you know how to utilize momentum to platform/explore efficiently (like in the very first level if you're not a complete retard), you've pretty much mastered the game. If anything, in games like 3&K where speed, platforming and exploration cross together seamlessly, stuff like big rings, item boxes, etc are your reward for mastery of the level design.

I don't see how one of the game's core mechanics is considered it's reward, can someone please help me figure this out?

Mania being greenlit is a goddamn miracle considering how retarded Sega is.

Even if he did play Generations, that reference is pretty easy to miss. Idk about Mania, though

Fun fact: He was originally going to be in Chaotix and if you pressed A, he would moonwalk, grab his groin and go "WOOOOOO"

In Mania a boss will transform into Fang,Bark, and Bean.

Speaking of Fang, how good is the Master System hack/port of Triple Trouble?

I'm just hoping Mania 2 will revive zones from more obscure games
>Rusty Ruins from 3D Blast
>Sunset Park from Triple Trouble
>Secret Base from Advance
>Chrome Gadget from Sonic 3's 2-Player mode (likely not, considering Titanic Monarch Act 1's background)
So on, so forth
cute back

Yeah I know. I mean I don't know if he played Mania or not

Both. Amy as a base character and Fang as a secret character after you beat the game with the main four. His campaign has you take them on every other level with his own unique zones and so on.

Attached: 1545533131789.jpg (693x750, 92K)

Same. Unlike most people I think making new stages from old zones is one of the cooler things about Mania.

I think when people say "speed is your reward for mastering Sonic games" they mean it in a response against the boost gameplay and "hold right to win" memes that have unfortunatley become a reality through Forces. Sonic's fundamental focus on speed was inspired by Mario speedruns, which are accomplished by knowing the level design like the back of your hand so you can speed through the levels. If you dont know the levels, you go slower. If you do know the levels, you go faster, since you know what's up ahead. This would ideally apply to Sonic games. As you learn the mechanics, controls, and levels, you can risk going faster.

I just want Aquatic Ruin to get the Mania treatment damn it

BASED obscure zone, though not an obscure game

Attached: s2-arz-zone0artfull.jpg (1600x713, 165K)

I want to see what Sonic's bandmates were like.
>Vector the Crocodile is the big, dopey, extremely kind, energetic, patient, and groovy guy that just likes having fun
>Max the Monkey is a chipper and sarcastic dude that lives easy-breezy
>Mach the Rabbit is always impatient, never has chill, but he's not too rude
>Sharps the Parakeet is a massively arrogant, pompous asshole that takes being "cool" way too seriously

IT'S THEIR TIME

Attached: dbmchcm-6c67a3c8-2c27-4dcc-9cfe-51ec16a093e4.png (768x432, 264K)

Its target practice dummy, Unlike the ones in sonic adventure though it actually had machinery inside to float around.

Attached: Ok,_now_you_can_hide,_if_you_still_scare_him[1].png (416x869, 265K)

It's great for the levels but kind of fucks up the boss arenas.

That doesn't make sense.

I definitely would have picked it over Oil Ocean, but I guess I can use Tee's remix of it to cope

Oil Ocean was a great pick for Mania. Very memorable and fun, much more so than the original. I would have picked anything over the stages that couldn't really be improved upon, namely Hydrocity.

So should I just stick to the Game Gear version?

If you're emulating the GG version, you could simply expand the screen to SMS size and disable that when you get to a boss fight.

I would suggest you play as Tails either way if you want to go to the special stages. You need to get 50 rings, break the Chaos Emerald monitor, and jump into the sparks that spawn above the broken monitor. When playing as Sonic there are some sections in some levels where you can't go back and try again if you fall to a lower section of a level, which can make your first few playthroughs pretty frustrating for getting the Emeralds.

>Mania 2 will be another nostalgia fag pander with barely any identity of its own with occasional meme or e celeb references sprinkled in that will be outdated in a month again

Attached: 335px-Classic_sonic_sleepy.svg.png (335x278, 29K)

prove it

prove me wrong.

Attached: sad sonic.png (600x600, 552K)

Where's Tiara Boobowski, Sega?

I don't know, maybe the fact that almost every player and even critic has asked for more new stuff? I know Sega is dumb but they still care about reviews. I'm not sure if you're just legitimately that jaded or shitposting, because either way we can't see into the future.

is there a sonic 2 hack/styled fangame that replaces tails with amy following you around?

Attached: 1447844179622.png (672x700, 250K)

I was skeptical when I first played it, but it definitely grew on me, especially when I got a Flame Shield

All it needs is a completely new setting. You don't seriously think they'll double dip into rehashing old zones do you? After everyone said they would have preferred all new levels? Granted it's a possibility, but it would be a foolish decision.

Attached: 1558664164536.jpg (1080x790, 86K)

Amy isn't fast enough to keep up user.

kill yourself

No, Sonic fans are just so burned out that they can't be hopeful in the slightest and just always expect the worst now.
Or you know, they're falseflagging. that could possibly be it too.

They can be minigame fodder. Bean can manage a soccer minigame and Bark could manage a snowboarding minigame.

doesnt matter, i could wait for her.

Attached: 1545537511161.png (600x400, 170K)

She's definitely not appearing in a Sonic game anytime soon. It's kind of hilarious that Senn intended her to be this strong female character and she just ended up being Sally Acorn 2.0 judging from personality descriptions. She cute though, and deserves to be in at least one spinoff imo

Fang is a complete joke character. He tries to be sly and cunning, but he's a clumsy and conceited moron that constantly sabotages himself.

What was this based on again?

i saw the thumbnail and thought it was gonna be an edit of "Minecraft with Inspector Gadget" lol

Attached: RememberInTheHandsofSTSonicWillNeverBeGoodAgain.webm (960x540, 1.54M)

Alright, NOW it's a Sonic Mania thread.

Attached: SonicManiaThreads.webm (640x360, 2.57M)

>not the original filename
eh

Fang is cool, Amyfags are weirdos

I don't really care about getting Emeralds unless the special stages are good and there's a reward that isn't just a slightly different ending screen. How are the Special Stages? I remember hearing there's no extra level or anything.

it's the best thing this franchise has

dating sim when.

It alternates. Half are simple "collect the rings" flying stages from a behind perspective. That are all very easy if you have basic pattern recognition skills. The other half are timed bonus levels that test the game's basic platforming mechanics and design philosophy in pretty clever ways. Those ones go easy, medium, hard pretty effectively. Each one ends with a fight with Fang the Sniper. If you don't want to bother with that, the only difference is an ending screen.

unironically I can see that thing selling decently

Pretty sure Sonic Chronicles had some light dating sim elements.

Attached: sunrise-gate-zone-act-2-2.png (640x448, 55K)

there won't be a mania 2

source

Stop milking nostalgia SEGA.

Attached: 1559137869580.png (416x402, 92K)

Attached: 1557714529548.gif (500x500, 63K)