Is Nintendo really the best video game company Yea Forums?

Is Nintendo really the best video game company Yea Forums?

Attached: DBCC0871-7B0A-47A4-936A-61F66ECF9247.jpg (938x1024, 137K)

yeah why not

Yes

Tecnically Speaking, Yes. Reality, no.

who else would it be?

They are the reason modern game industry exists, so yeah, they deserve to be called the best.

sure

Attached: nintendo.jpg (3400x2104, 1024K)

and what a great industry it is

I think for historical purposes, yeah. No other developer can even hold a candle to the amount of classic games Nintendo's developed. They could sure stand to get with the times a little though.

yes

as developers yes
as a company no

Attached: benis.png (568x541, 10K)

ENTHUSIASTICALLY YES!

Nintendo built my childhood, carried me through my teens, and still brings me happeriness today as a young man. Nintendo shaped my memories, my pleasures, and my tastes ; it builds joy on good moral foundations, and doesn't let you down. Nintendo is a merchant of fun, and is quite generous about it. It is the best gaming company by far, because it isn't there primarily for the money, but for the laughs and joy it creates. It has the best designs, the best characters, the most unique and varied aesthetics, the most innovative yet fun mechanics, and the most in-depths design. No other company even comes close to this. Nintendo is king.

Yes.

Attached: 1456007172656.png (232x226, 76K)

most succinct description of Nintendo I've ever heard

Holy shit, this.

Isnt this the list the has ND as the 2nd best?

Attached: 1409071134132.png (640x640, 428K)

Going by the track record i'd say so, even if you only play PC you probably played and like Nintendo games cause Emulation.

They are just plain consistent in a industry that tends to change abruptly, even when another company puts out a better game they frequently end up fucking up their next ones or the one about that.

"Best" by virtue of consistently shitting out "Good". See it like winning a points based Sports League by consistently making Second Place while no other competitor places first more then once and never without placing last at least once.

Not that they don't fuck up and "place last" though, i was just making allegory about how they are more consistent with quality most of the time.

Attached: Nintendogs2.jpg (348x640, 96K)

Nintendo has never developed a good game.

They were the best, now they only make low effort trash because their fans will buy anything

Attached: 1518667031266.jpg (600x900, 148K)

Of course

They haven' t been pozzed by the liberal virus ... so yeah.

Nintendo is definitely the most influential company. There was once a time when older people called every system a Nintendo and Mario was recognised by more kids than Mickey fucking Mouse.

They're pretty close as a company, though. Easily in the upper half of "good" companies. And really it's only because everyone else has gone evil/crazy. EA, Capcom, Konami, Blizzard, Activision, Sony, Microsoft, Google, and etc are far worse.

>They are the reason modern game industry exists
>Nintendo is responsible for all the cancer
I can see why everyone who isnt a sheep hates them

Super Metroid

Attached: 1553038903742.jpg (768x1024, 68K)

Nintendo makes some fun games to dick around wit a while but fuck off with the Zelda and Mario. I'm seriously tired of like 30 years of the same shit

I never owned Nintendo console aside from handheld ones few years back. Am I missing out?

Yes by far

This explains it perfectly. Nintendo has lots of flaws and fuck ups, but all other companies vary vastly with their quality. Companies rise and fall from grace all the time. Nintendo has always remained at least good.

Yes, they literally are
> Highest rated characters ever
1. Link (33 Lists Topped)
2. Samus (27 Lists Topped)
3. Mario (25 Lists Topped)
4. Sephiroth (19 Lists Topped)
5. Cloud (19 Lists Topped)
6. Chun-Li (18 Lists Topped)
7. Snake (16 Lists Topped)
8. Kefka (12 Lists Topped)
9. Sonic (11 Lists Topped)
10. Lara (11 Lists Topped)
> Highest rated games ever
1. Zelda: OOT (71 Lists Topped)
2. Final Fantasy 7 (19 lists topped)
3. Super Mario 64 (18 lists topped)
4. Super Mario Bros (17 lists topped)
5. Zelda: ALTTP (16 lists topped)
6. Super Mario Bros 3 (13 lists topped)
7. Chrono Trigger (12 lists topped)
8. Dark Souls (12 lists topped)
9. Tetris (12 lists topped)
10. Super Mario Galaxy (10 Lists topped)

For pc gamers the ranking might be a bit different

>Easily in the upper half of "good" companies
>charge for online
>servers are still P2P
>online experience is shaky at best
No user, no

Since they're the only ones that believe in Monolith Soft and Platinum Games, beside Yoko Taro, I'd say yes.

> Both Cloud & Sephiroth in the top 5
> Final Fantasy VII is the closest to Ocarina of Time
Is it really THAT good?

What even are some non-indie PC-only developers that are any good AND still alive/making games?

It's better.

id blizzard valve historically

>Id
>PC-only
>Blizzard
>Still good
>Valve
>Still making games

Attached: nintendon't.png (600x328, 113K)

greatest of all time

Valve made Artifact recently, its not good but its something

Yes, but it’s still inferior to FF6, FF9 & FF10 in every regard

They've poured way too much time and resources into development of DS games.
The amount of original games on the Switch right now is laughable.
It's overwhelmingly just a shitty steam console.
Hopefully we will see some decent surprise announcements at E3.

Until then, fuck Nintendo.

Sure they were. If we are talking about ALL of Nintendo anyway, things look just arguably "recovered" by now, but don't pretend you are that much of a newfag you forgot Treehouse in general and people flipping their shit over BLACK GYMLEADER back when Pokémon Black and White was revealed (Gamefreak/TPC, but we all know people don't make a distinction).

Why, even when BotW released people tried spinning it as "FUCKING NINTENDO ARE AT IT AGAIN SPREADING TRANNY PROPAGANDA" due the Gerudo Town segment.

People are just making a pirouette about it all because as said, they seemingly cooled down and Sony is going all Sunny and lowering the bar even more.

Attached: 1381360812299.gif (640x360, 2.03M)

No. It's just popular to like it. It's like fucking Clockwork Orange, most people only pretend to like it to fit in.

They're legacy and catalog can certainly not be undersold, but capcom/konami give them a run for their money

T. Zoomer

>Best Developers of all time
>1: Nintendo
Then shows a game Nintendo only published

Also Nintendo has a shit ton of development teams. Some of them suck.

Final Fantasy VII was a solid game with an amazing soundtrack, memorable characters, iconic moments, simple combat with surprisingly deep customization through materia shenanigans, and a decent enough story to hold all of those elements together in nice little package.

For many outside of Japan it was their first JRPG, and helped make a niche company that put out a few solid ges overseas into a global juggernaut.

That said, the compilation is unnecessary and cheapens the game.

Not by a long shot.

In terms of influence the only companies that arguably compete are Atari and maybe NAMCO/Bandai. The latter is a huge if depending on how you weigh the importance of cabinets vs ubiquitous home consoles

>Blizzard
>PC only

Overwatch
Hearthstone
Diablo
Diablo 3
Diablo Immortal
Warcraft II
Starcraft + Brood War
RPM Racing
The Lost Vikings
The Lost Vikings 2
Rock N Roll Racing
Blackthorne
The Death and Return of Superman
Justice League Taskforce

Every single one of these games were either console games, multi-platform releases, or ported to consoles later.

rent free

so?

no, consoles killed video games, they are to video games what marvel is to movies