OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-06-07-19-52-00.png (1434x2206, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZQb8XalFsc
venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/with-1-billion-in-revenue-overwatch-is-blizzards-fastest-growing-franchise/
kotaku.com.au/2019/06/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shooter-to-focus-on-diablo-4-and-overwatch-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=OJy6bJ_RxXg
youtube.com/watch?v=9ztLHvll7mc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why are you upset. a SC fps would suck balls

Fuck, i wanted StarCraft Ghost. Blizzard should be disbanded at this point

They just can't stop fucking up.

Had to look it up because it legitimately sounds like something from the onion

Why is this a surprise?
It was an obvious move they had to do.
Stop being a sperglord.
You're not clever with your tired, shitty use of dying memes..
They're playing it smart.

>Overwatch 2
They barely even did anything with Overwatch 1

>sources tell kotaku
why does Yea Forums believe everything these faggot journalists say

Actually he means overwatch PvE related game. They could make MMO or some RPG with overwatch characters

Most of the time they're just shills.

>Blizzard
>FPS

>overwatch 2 supposedly going to have pve
oh you mean the story mode the game shouldve had from day fucking 1?

Remember when Blizzard tried to make their own Metroid Prime?
youtube.com/watch?v=mZQb8XalFsc

Yea Forums still can't crying about the massive success of Overwatch, now it's going to get even worse.

Attached: 1523579365700.jpg (3507x2000, 623K)

>three way campaign like Aliens vs Predator for Marine, Protoss and Zurg cancelled for same shit
Can this industry just fucking ceash already? I want video games to become worthless to keep the jews out and make the hack developers who don't have a spine jobless.

Attached: 1558110385901.png (464x498, 271K)

>massive success of Overwatch

I wonder if people will even get excited for Diablo 4 at this point. I'm an idiot who probably put 1500 hours into D3 (though I haven't played in at least a year) and I can't imagine them making me want to do that again.

>Overwatch 2
I dont believe this bullshit for a second what the fuck would overwatch 2 even have?

Attached: 1535399843225.jpg (846x570, 133K)

oh no the game is absolute trash but it made billions
a story mode

>people mad about cancelled starcraft fps
its like they're too young to remember starcraft ghost

>Announces Diablo 4
Okay that is goo--
>It's console gaming only and stadia exclusive

>keep posting this hook nosed jew retard AND use the oh no no meme

Summer fucking sucks

>implying blizzard would ever let another company even reference its ips

I thought this was a joke reference to Starcraft Ghost being cancelled.

I remember that, oh yes.

Attached: yang after seeing the PVs for the new series.jpg (680x500, 48K)

nah supposedly there was a second one but "w-well it isnt overwatch so it wont sell. better scrap it!"

I guess its like a fighting game. There will be new cast.

>the game is absolute trash
>it made billions

Attached: aab816b4-0037-4a7a-ae83-acfdb531bf48.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>He doesn't know

yes. how well a game did is not an indication of its quality

Attached: file.png (1124x163, 36K)

Why does Blizzard cancel their most promising projects like this?

Attached: the guy.jpg (300x168, 8K)

How did it make 7 billion a year when it only made 1 billion in 2016?

>when it only made 1 billion in 2016?
nothing has ever claimed this

I mean you're right but it still did technically make billions by tricking kids into "baby's first gambling parlor"

How else do you think the most profitable games in the world are shitty gachas?

venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/with-1-billion-in-revenue-overwatch-is-blizzards-fastest-growing-franchise/
>That’s $1.386 billion of the publisher’s $1.726 billion total net revenues last quarter.
Hell, actizzard was barely making a billion dollars a year off of all their combined IPs

>fastest growing franchise
>growing
hmm i wonder what that word could mean

>actizzard
>not actiblizzion

>implying it's not mobile exclusive
Don't you goys have phones?

>growing
>grows 600% in a year
How much were they making off of microtransactions again?

Just because it made billions in profit doesn't mean it was a success.

Kek this.

7 billion made total, slightly over half of that was from loot boxes. that's a 400% increase at best but then you also have to factor in black ops 4 which had microtransactions as well as destiny 2 both released that year

Attached: file.png (817x639, 122K)

Strategy games are the least enjoyable genre of video games on the planet. Until they decide to make a SC that's playable for people without severe autism, it's a wasted IP.

>baby's first gambling parlor

Have you ever left your parents basement?

Attached: grocery store quarter machines.jpg (800x638, 127K)

Fuck these games. Blizzard should only be working on vanilla World of Warcraft.

What the fuck are you talking about? It has one of the biggest competitive game scenes and it gets new maps and heroes on a regular basis.

>make 7 billion dollars conning kids out of thier parent's money
>still couldn't recover after a 50% collapse of their share prices
OH NONONONONONO

Attached: 1557689087654.jpg (623x194, 47K)

i'd rather them actively try to improve their franchises than put on nostalgia glasses for a few months for a game that had an entirely different set of problems

>Overwatch 2
Why? Overwatch can just be added to forever pretty much and has zero story. Why does it need a sequel?

>babies still crying for story mode because online shooters are scary

>oh no the game is absolute trash
I can smell your fedora from here.

It's not an actual sequel, it's supposedly going to be a PVE game that will probably add the story that tumblr whales keep crying for more of.

>PvE mode
>New characters
>New, hopefully, well designed maps for a change
>New game modes
>Elimination or revamp of 2CP mode

Honestly the game needs a sequel. The foundation of the original is heavily flawed so I think this is just what is needed to make the game actually fun.

>because online shooters are scary
NO YOU FUCKING STUPID MONG
85% OF OVERWATCHES BUDGET GOES TO THOSE STUPID FUCKING ANIMATED STORY SHORTS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL GAME
THAT MONEY IS BEING WASTED BECAUSE THERE IS NO STORY IN THE GAME WHATSOEVER
THE UPRISING EVENTS ARE GREAT BECAUSE IT SHOWS THEY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A PVE SHOOTER THAT COULD RIVAL HALO BUT NO GOTTA MAKE THOSE LEVELS 4 MINUTES LONG BECAUSE WE CANT BE FUCKED TO ACTUALLY FLESH OUT OUR GAME
AT LEAST WE ADDED A BRAND NEW MAP THAT PLAYS EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST 8 MAPS AND A NEW CHARACTER THAT HAS 3 SKILL OVERLAPS WITH EXISTING CHARACTERS, NOT INCLUDING HOW THOSE ABILITIES ARE FAR BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS AND THE META NOW REVOLVES AROUND THAT NEW CHARACTER
GOD FORBID YOU ACTUALLY DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTERS IN THE GAME
GOD FORBID YOU GIVE PLAYERS ANYTHING TO DO BESIDES PUSH THE PAYLOAD CAPTURE THE POINT AND LUCIOBALL
WHO NEEDS CONTENT WHEN YOU GOT A NEW MERCY SKIN?

Attached: 1517818013904.png (1060x930, 1.93M)

It will be packaged and marketed as a sequel to try to bring people back. Activision would be stupid not to.

A $60 pricetag

We get it you suck at online games turn off caps lock and go play something else.

Haha, you bought a blizzard game

Attached: 1554827484317.gif (356x321, 941K)

>biggest comp scenes
It's artificially inflated using blizzards money, nowhere near as big and you retards only think this because of the presentation they give
>regular basis
Yeah I love 3 heroes a year too so regular

>game needs a sequel
>it's only 2 years old

Attached: 155789708658.png (600x544, 155K)

>biggest competitive game scenes
you mean the scene that everyone had assumed was viewbotted which was eventually proven true when an extremely long power outage happened and viewers didn't drop at all

Diablo 4 and OW 2 will suck too. This just means another canceled project in the blizzard tomb.

It's a smart move if you think about it. This is the second tiime they've cancelled a Starcraft FPS game in favor of something that will actually have players.

Its been 3 years but by the time it releases it'll be 4 or 5 years

Why are people saying Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2.0 are bad things?
>I would rather Blizzard died than fixed their shit

>this whole post

Attached: 1266113767614.jpg (452x393, 45K)

A SC shooter like the AvP game could have been cool.

overwatch 2 would just divide the playerbase and cause both games to die even quicker, it'd be much smarter to lower the price of the main game then make dlc or something
but i guess it's blizzard we're talking about so they won't be smart enough to do that

>implying they wouldn't immediately turn the servers off for the first one

>everyone had assumed was viewbotted which was eventually proven true when an extremely long power outage happened and viewers didn't drop at all
????
proofs pls

Shsdhdh

>HOW TO MAKE A PVE SHOOTER THAT COULD RIVAL HALO
Imagine thinking an FPS with infinite ammo is good in any way

Overwatch 2 is 2.0, not another game entirely. It will likely be story stuff

remember when command and conquer had an FPS spin off

NOOOOOOOO

NOT STARCRAFT GHOST

How would you fix Overwatch 2?

Attached: 1537879666032.png (270x378, 85K)

its not like it would be hard to make ammo not infinite for pve. that's like a single fucking line of text to edit

these people get it
overwatch 2 is just a codeword for the first ever overwatch expansion pack, teased exactly one year ago

>blizzard cancels a game that would have been shit
oh no

and it was fucking glorious?
prompting the community to make a fanmade complete remake?
yeah i remember.

It still hurts. Since I had no internet at that time I asked everywhere for that game only to find that it didn't exist.

fuck you i liked titanfall 2

This post was paid for by Blizzard®

Overwatch 2 then 3 then 4 until finally blizzard completes the mmofps they were planning to make originally...

I'd make ultimates less powerful and also make it so you only lose a percent of ult charge when you switch characters.

>Strategy games are the least enjoyable genre of video games on the planet
Pic related. What games do you enjoy?

Attached: 1398953507917.gif (493x342, 393K)

>diablo 4
>overwatch 2
jesus, is it even possible to make a game franchise even more boring and shitty ?

Remove all microtransactions and make the game more like a moba with you able to spec into stats pregame

$$$$ or €€€€ or ¥¥¥¥

>Strategy games are the least enjoyable genre of video games on the planet.
>He never played C&C Generals, Red Alert 1-2, Tiberium Dawn, AoE and many other great strategy games.

Attached: 1504522230286s.jpg (237x250, 12K)

StarCraft FPS sounds cool, but only if it had aesthetic of the original.

>starcraft dies for overwatch garbage
fucking kill me

Attached: 1555313136916.png (489x276, 224K)

OW2 will just be a more traditional add-on with story modes and a kind of low RPG element. All new maps will come to both versions as to not split the player base. The add-on will also come with a few new heroes at once, but they also will be available from the start.

They don't fix shit. They just simplify it and people drop it quickly because of how shallow it is. I mean the only people playing OW anymore are just into it's lore, skin spam, or characters. Nothing to do with the gameplay. Same thing happened with D3 where even after Jay Wilson left they just made everything easier and easier, to a point where more people were playing D2 then D3 at one point.

>i can't get over a steep learning curve in a competitive game
stay away from fighting games too, casual

Im unironically seething about this.

I really want a first person space marine game, and starcraft wouldve been a great aesthetic/universe for it.

stick to fortnite then

Attached: 1559909047394.jpg (600x418, 27K)

enjoy your WoW graphics bro

Don't seethe bro. They would probably give it some shitty cartoony graphics and made it multiplayer.

Starcraft was dead before overwatch was a thing

it's nu blizzard be glad

Because they don't want to support a decade-old game with failing revenue like Valve. Getting rid of the game after 2-3 years is the sensible thing to do from a business perspective. Otherwise people get too attached to their pixel items and will cause a massive outrage when they drop the game (and the "economy" with it).

Attached: 1463581593763.jpg (1443x750, 158K)

SC isn't even an interesting setting and after Kerrigan supersaiyan forms became the main story replacement it's just downright laughable.

>Diablo 4
>Overwatch 2

I just... why double down on games that have already atrophied into absolute shit?

diablo 4 and overwatch suck balls

They could use a new engine (doubt it), but guess they just want to sell the game again (good move, drones will gobble it).

Pic reminds me of trying to find good Enemy Territory servers circa 2010

god I remember buying frozen throne and they had a slip with all the other games they had lined up. Like WOW and SC ghost. Was so ready for ghost

worst part is they killed the studio that made glitch in the system.

true. I would have liked a SC2 FPS instead of even more Tumblr Fortress 2 though.

Attached: 1557496523794.jpg (600x431, 65K)

I dont get the hate for overwatch 2. A sequel is a great way to change up the game without people getting as mad as when you start mucking about in an already released game. If they make a sequel they can be a lot more through and hopefully apply the lessons learnt of OW1.

but user overwatch was alway shit

there are several space marine games, even STAR WARS space marine games, some regarded fondly here in Yea Forums

with call of duty trying to do space and falling flat on its fucking face with the most hated videogame video on youtube, im certain activision isn't ready to just go and do that again.

Attached: 1558556267160.jpg (1365x1790, 2.57M)

>lessons learnt of OW1
what did they learn user? Besides that retards still buy lootboxes no matter what.

>fucking glorious
it was merely alright

That they need to fire Jeff, making a hero like mercy is a fucking mistake and making chokepoints that can only be broken through by mass ultimates is not good game design.

>a first person reimagining of a starcraft mod with excessive budget is not good game design
who would have thought user

I thought they made overwatch from repurposed titan assets?

because its being made my nu blizzard. give me one good reason I should trust them to make a good game when they have been one fuck up after another

>without people getting as mad

Attached: Screenshot_20190607-101521_Firefox.jpg (1073x951, 198K)

So... What sources? Since when was "Sources" itself proof?
Since when did idiots stop questioning everything the media says, even the supposed "enlightened" faggots here who screams about fake sources all day long?

I thought the Rumor was this wasn't so much a sequel as much as a PvE/Singleplayer focused spin off? Like a stand alone Story mode kind of thing.

Who cares about any of this shit?

I mean seriously.

Is be mad too if I spent 30 grand on loot boxes for a game I paid full price for only to have the game be deprecated

This
>Sources say the sun will explode in five minutes
OH SHIT EVERYBODY DUCK AND COVER

kotaku.com.au/2019/06/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shooter-to-focus-on-diablo-4-and-overwatch-2/

>We don’t generally comment on unannounced projects but we will say the following:

>We always have people working on different ideas behind the scenes – including on multiple projects right now – but the reason we tend not to discuss them publicly is because anything can happen over the course of development. As has been the case at Blizzard numerous times in the past, there is always the possibility that we’ll make the decision to not move forward on a given project. Announcing something before we feel it’s ready stands the risk of creating a lot of frustration and disappointment, both for our players and us, not to mention distraction and added pressure for our development teams.

>We pour our hearts and souls into this work, and as players ourselves, we know how exciting it can be to see and know with certainty that a new project is coming. Knowing that changes or disappointments can happen doesn’t make it any less painful when we have to shelve a project or when an announcement doesn’t go as planned. We always make decisions about these things, regardless of the ultimate outcome or how things might be interpreted, based on our values, what we believe makes sense for Blizzard, and what we hope our players will enjoy the most. The work that goes into these projects – whether they ship or not – is extraordinarily valuable. It often leads to great things and helps foster a culture of experimentation here.

>With all that said, we’re very much looking forward to revealing other things we’re working on when the time is right.

inb4 >kotaku
i'm not gonna bother to archive an article if you cunts can't be bothered to do even the most cursory of research.

Other esports could barely compete against Overwatch and now they're making Overwatch 2? Blizzard really wants to kill competition.

>Overwatch 2
I'm sorry what now

Attached: 1549597546332.png (810x810, 514K)

so is medic also a mistake in your eyes or what?

I dont remember the time medic could fly in and revive all teammates in 1 go

Trannies.

Kind of...

I mean Titan was very much a different experience. By “assets” you have to understand this probably implies the design assets, some of the world bits but I highly doubt they were able to just plug and chug any of titan.

Titan was an MMO, to succeed WoW, not initially a FPS/TPS

Another fun fact. Titan is the nail in the coffin for old blizzard. That project is why everybody stepped back and quit.

>failing revenue
>TF2
It was in the middle of the pack on their highest grossing games on steam 2018 list.

i barely remember mercy doing that

Because it was started or because it was cancelled?

AvP 1 and 2 are still good and the publisher should sort their shit out and bring back an official master server for 2's online.

calling it now. 'Overwatch 2' is just a campaign/co-op thing with no competitive multiplayer at all. It'll be built in and merged with Overwatch 1, but you'll need to pay for the campaigns and co-op characters, with possible exception of maybe a small demo campaign or something that's free. Very similar to how Starcraft 2 is today.

Cancelled. According to Metzen. There were a lot of people really butthurt the project couldn’t find its groove and when it got cancelled it crushed a lot of people and many involved checked out entirely emotionally.

I guess it suffered from everybody wanting their big thing to be the crowning feature, a lot of teams worked on a lot of really random stuff to try and be blizzard “rockstars” and you ended up with three dozen passion projects that came crashing at once.

Overwatch died specifically because they "froze" the game design and game improvement in favor of pandering to Esports

Nothing about that game got better or more complex since it launched, its still the exact same chokepoint and wait for ult gameplay after 2 years

How is left 4 dead style pve going to fit into overwatch? on the one hand there are potentially more classes/playstyles to choose from but overwatch has zero progression so you are better off just playing vermintide 2 or deep rock or any other l4D clone out there.
mite b cool if they do add in customization and gear progression though.

Attached: supreme airflow.jpg (904x676, 106K)

>Overwatch 2
as an unironic overwatch fag, blizzard fix your first fucking game before you try to make a sequal to an already fucking flawed game

Homogenize all ults according to role.

Isn’t the point of a sequel supposed to be improve on the original?

there won't be a second game. there will most likely be an expansion.
and none of this is confirmed so don't even believe shitaku's lies.

And nothing of value was lost.

Did you play any of the co-op events they had? It would basically just be those, but probably with new characters that are designed from the ground-up to be used in co-op missions.

In an age when games couldn't receive updates, yes. These days a sequel -should- only happen if there are big changes to the core game design or in case of a major hardware leap that opens up new options for the developers.

no the point of the sequel is to sell more than the original

>shittaku lies
>Jason S

Pick one. Jason might be a fucking cuck ass sperg, but his info is (usually) spot on

if you can patch a game you don't need to release a sequel to fix (hundreds) of minor gameplay issues that amount to a bad experience. its like how persona and every pokemon game dont need to make third versions now that we have patching available but do anyway because it makes more money

>Overwatch 2
Who the fuck wanted this? Isn't just adding new updates and characters a thing nowadays? Why would you need a sequel?

This.
Release patches for free, or charge $60 for patches. Wonder what a ti-blizz will do.

So you expect them to keep updating the game for free, bleeding ideas from the sequel?

>what is warframe
>what is tf2
>what is payday 2
>what is r6
>what is starcraft 2
>what is warfraft 3
I could go on but I wont, yes I expect them to update their game for at least a decade if not longer. Half life received an update after 20 fucking years. Zoomers I swear to god.

>charge $60 for patches
>wonder what blizz will do

Attached: file.png (220x311, 172K)

Yeah you could say that FES and Kingdom hearts final mix made ''some'' amount of sense back in the ps2 days but anything after the ps3 and 360 that releases an update as a seperate game is just a cashgrab.

>what is every moba
>what is path of exile
>what is warframe
>what is risk of rain

I bet Overwatch is too bloated with heroes and they want to start over with a fixed roster.

Name a single successful RTS game that is as successful as a different genre.

>Diablo after 3
>anything Overshit

Attached: 1559062653521.jpg (1200x933, 362K)

>keep updating the game for free,
Blizzard fans are autistic. Blizard makes a fuck ton of money every seasonal event because of limit-time lootbox costume drops.

AHAHAHAHAHA NUMALES BOUGHT IT, THEY WILL EAT TURDS ALL DAY, LETS MAKE OVERWATCH2

Your idea of success is popularity. A very childish idea. I will bite though, Warcraft. It fits with your childish idea of success. You could even argue its more successfull as an MMO rather as an RTS.

I was looking for this picture!

in theory yes but considering the games been out for 3 years and blizzard for the most part has ignored what fans wanted, i cant help but feel a sequel will be even more of them being deaf to legitimate problems in the game that fans are telling them about

>ignored what fans wanted
they ignored everything period. there hasnt been a single meaningful update other than capture the flag and thats not even a permanent fucking mode

>Comp scene that was artificially enforced
>Getting one new map and one new hero every year

They already spoiled the overwatch name and the fans are going to be pissed that they just wont port in to the first overwatch cause its just so perfect to them with no flaws other then the community just being so toxic.

>NO STOP FOCUSING ON MAKING (or at least trying) A GOOD PRODUCT SPREAD OUT TO EVERYTHING AND GET NOTHING DONE

Seriously?? Why isn't there anything about this in the media?

i wouldn't even say making a good product, its more or less
>NO STOP FOCUSING ON TRYING SOMETHING NEW AND JUST KEEP REGURGITATING THE SAME SHIT UNTIL WE'RE BANKRUPT

So you don't even have an argument. That's what I thought.

But that's the typical faggot want. I mean, look at Bethesda. When they announced starfields or whatever before working on TES6 people started tearing their hair out, even on Yea Forums whom usually shitposts TES to death

you can do all of that without sequels though, look at tf2

Are you legit retarded or did you reply to the wrong post?

i will never understand people who buy loot boxes. 1000+ hours into overwatch and ive never had any urge to spend money on this dumb shit. just save the coins for events

overwatchs loot system is fucking trash
>cant get coins unless you get duplicates
>almost no chance to get duplicates since the changes
>cant buy skins directly
>fucking shitty icons and voice lines can be in boxes
>no reroll like in hots

>>cant buy skins directly
did they remove that?

>one of the biggest competitive game scenes
that is also killing the game at the same time.

>remove
it was never an option aside from the occasional $20 esports skin

Better maps. More than 8 players per game.

>THE UPRISING EVENTS ARE GREAT BECAUSE IT SHOWS THEY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A PVE SHOOTER THAT COULD RIVAL HAL
wow a pve game that could rival mediocre trash

They sold so much pixel shit to retards already that killing the game now would probably destroy the last profitability the series has.

>it was never an option aside from the occasional $20 esports skin
oh you meant directly with money

>ovewatch2
imagine a game engine so shit they can't even sell you an expansion for a solo story mode..
who am I kidding, they are making it a sequel to explain why all girls are gonna wear unisex flat military gear now (and Dva died)

no shit? you can't buy coins and the only way to get coins is via duplicates in boxes so you can't directly buy skins

>what the fuck would overwatch 2 even have?
Delusional playerbase who still get baited by blizzard. See WoW classic.

Based bait-kun

Attached: 1549477176436.jpg (599x624, 52K)

I thought you were saying the upped the jewery and stopped allowing you to buy shit from events period, since you couldn't originally.

Except it wouldn't. Being an fps is not something I'd go for but having a TPS like Warhammer 40K: Space marine would actually be decent if done correctly.

The game is trash, you dumb faggot. Say anything else and you're wrong on top of being a faggot.

>Overwatch 2
Overwatch 1 already ruined it's reputation beyond repair. Nobody is going to fall for another overshit for 60 bucks.
>Diablo 4
I don't have a lot of hope but there is a chance they will learn from the D3 mistakes and actually deliver

no but new event skins cost 3000 tokens and they recently updated the anniversary event (which lets you buy skins from all events) so that all skins released the previous year also cost 3000

>overwatch 2

yeah not buying that. there's nothing they could possibly do right now that would warrant a sequel to a game that they can already continuously add new content to.

I just want it made so people can make more sfm porn from the assets.

Jannies pin shit

>Overwatch 2
What the fuck am I reading nigger.
>what are expansions
>what are patches
>what are new maps, characters, costumes, mechanics, game modes

You misread my post. RTS are not a successful genre because they are not as successful as other genres are, not that they are more successful when made into other genres.

More popular=More money=More success.

>Be me
>Zealot
>Use laser swords
Best game

Attached: amon.png (1330x765, 1.98M)

remove ults completely. remove healers and tanks completely.

Only possibly way the game can not devolve into the same bland garbage it currently is.

>the only thing that matters is profit
Microtransactinos did this.

They are going to make a dating sim

Attached: 1544404798762.jpg (767x576, 201K)

Well there is no demand for good product. I said this a million times, the playerbase who plays blizzard games don't need a quality product and they have proven it already many times.
If they are satisfied with a shit one, why would the dev make the effort to make a good one, and put more work into it? Its basic logic, you wouldn't do it either, unless you have self driven passion towards gaming which western devs never heard of anyway.

yeah man who even knows about Age of Empires, Mythology, Starcraft, Warcraft, Homeworld, CnC, Red alert. Literal who games amirite?

you fuckers want me to say it? again?

Attached: 1541317008795.png (750x673, 627K)

Didn't they cancel Ghost like 12 years ago?

>tumblr whales
i think the tumblr whales are the competitive scene, i just want more private time with my waifu

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>Implying they will let anyone on the mic before signing a binding contract ever again after this

diablo 3.2 will suck even more
and you can bet ow2 is just going to be some dlc tier same shit with some new characters and maybe a shoehorned short single player mode

Beacuse even if the blizzard base don't care, a business want to attract more customers outside their core base.

you're not wrong but my point still stands

Barely anything. They are only making this BS because OW isn't as profitable as they want.

What did he even do/say? I never gave a shit about blizzcon or whatever event it was and just filtered the spam

youtube.com/watch?v=OJy6bJ_RxXg

Fuck me can you imagine a dating game made by blizzard and the overwatch team?
>Lootboxes to dress up your waifu
>If you don't participate in limited events your waifu gets angry at you
>Turns out one of the characters is trans but you only find out when its to late
>Even though it takes place in the future you can only date two robots
>Locations just look like modern times but have a few floaty cars and tables to make it future
>Try to turn it into an esports anyway
>Multiplayer consists of people going to different locations and chatting with other people cause you need mutliplayer to show off the shit you got from lootboxes
>trash talking waifus gets you banned
>Mobile app gets you bonuses
>Characters are still bland as ever with their only gimmick being their only personality
It will be shit

Attached: 1478747319487.png (619x612, 218K)

He was in the queue for the diablo q&a, and asked in a thread here what he should say.
He chose "Is this an out of season april fools joke?" in response to mobile diablo

There was major hype last blizzcon about an unspecified diablo-related announcement. People were expecting D4 and instead they revealed a mobile game. The guys on stage handled the negative public reaction horribly and the pictured guy got to the Q&A mic and asked them if it was a joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ztLHvll7mc

>Video games is made so people can make money
>Profit is not a factor of success
Retard.
A game can be subjectively good and not successful, learn the difference homo.

>The only thing that matters is profit
Microtransactions did this.

>they still never jumped into Starcraft Galazies MMO
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard
fuck blizzard

>so that all skins released the previous year also cost 3000
is that for that event only or for when the actual events come out? I remember if you waited a year the price got cut to 1000

This is that one time were you'd say my-soggy-knee
to their twitter/forums until they actually do it

Attached: Do it.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>liking D.Va post-animation, after her character has been murdered

kys

the price was cut by the next time it was purchasable. the first 2 anniversary events had all event skins before it cost 1000 but now you have to wait even longer
example;
>before
>halloween skins cost 3000
>anniversary event makes those halloween skins cost 1000
>now
>halloween skins cost 3000
>anniversary event doesnt lower price
>price doesnt drop to 1000 until next halloween

Attached: file.png (1537x949, 1.13M)

that's jewish but """at least""" it's going with a set pattern and not just kiking it up for no reason

>backtracking
Pathetic koreanigger

>learn from the D3 mistakes
I think they could get away with just reskinning D3 in its current state, adding another act, rebalancing and adding 2/3 more classes and label it Diablo 4. I've enjoyed making a hardcore seasonal character and just unlocking the rewards until I die. Out of all the current Blizzard games Diablo 3 is strangely in the best spot at the moment, aslong as 4 doesn't have such a shit launch i'm hopeful

>Out of all the current Blizzard games Diablo 3 is strangely in the best spot at the moment
actually that would be hots, but blizzard refuses to acknowledge that because it isnt making billions

I had such high hopes for this character when she first came out. that you'd be able to force honorable 1v1's with her ability silence and I figured she'd be a "high risk, high reward" character like the TF2 Spy, as in she'd be able to burst people down coming out of stealth but be very vulnerable due to being a squishy dps class.

But nah, hacking takes way too long, is very easy to interrupt/shield against it, and her DPS fucking sucks.

Note everything the OW fags think is worth a new game and you'll realize why Blizzard is dead

>actually that would be hots, but blizzard refuses to acknowledge that because it isnt making billions
hots got shuttered
even if it was a good game they've actively abandoned it

>overwatch
>1v1
the entire game is just rock paper scissors. sombra is only useful against reinhardt roadhog and like one healer because she stops them from being useful

it IS a good game, but it got abandoned

I'm one of those fools who always hoped that it would become "TF2 2.0," how in TF2 there are only soft-counters to things. in TF2, any class can defeat any class if the player is skillful enough.

Considering they made overwatch, I agree.

nah, overwatch dug its grave the moment they committed to no weaopn loadouts
well, there were a ton of things it fucked up, among which that was one of them
if you don't believe me just look at the clusterfuck that dva's kit has gone through, among the entire multiple reworks symmetra and torbjorn have gone through
waste of like $40 but i uninstalled it years ago so i don't really care

I discounted HotS because Blizzard gave the impression it was stagnating. It's a solid game and probbably one of Blizzard's best in recent years, but Diabo 3 is my go-to game if i'm ever completely burntout on everything else and i've got 6-7 hours to kill since it has defined goals and is so easy to pick up.
Now that I think about it my one concern with Diablo 4 is that it'll be made with the Switch in mind, I don't know how many copies it sold but I saw dozens of adverts for the switch version IRL, way more than the PC release

I don't want to sound like an ancient sage boomer. but if you are experienced with gaming you can smell these kinds of things, you get immune to hype too. Its kind of a jaded state and previous disappointment too play their role too, but its more like you can feel that when a game's dev didn't put its heart into the game. These modern games just ooze from this feeling and western devs are especially notorious for this. This is why I'm very skeptic about WoW classic too, I understand a lot of people want it, but I'm immune to this hype bullshit, and I don't have any glass to warp my judgement of a 6/10 at best game which was hardcarried by a more close, younger, adventurous internet community still naive and wanting the explore, yet untouched by a fuckload of information stream and even politics.

Attached: ordo malleus.png (680x957, 991K)

i'm just worried diablo 4 won't have a character creator
again
and will be further dumbed down

>force honorable 1v1's
That's funny cause everytime I am about to kill Sombra she just teleported away. I hate all the control type shit in this game and the get out of jail free cards a lot of the DPS has

Yeah mobile gachi shit truly is the apex of quality videogame design.

nice opinion you have there, but you're a ignorant nobody who speaks out of his asshole so it's worth shit.

Yeah, I’m kind of baffled on that. Even ignoring the fact that it was doing perfectly fine—not a market leader of course, but with a very dedicated player base that was growing steadily, particularly in western markets—there was zero reason to kill it. Off the top of my head, they could add: BR mode, mobile port, independent power progression, custom games, beginner friendly modes
Literally all of these are fucking retarded easy to implement compared to actually developing a game. It was honestly the last good multiplayer game for any company. Everything else is skinnerbox nonsense that has zero respect for player time.

they abandoned it because nobody was watching the esports and according to blizzard no viewers = no players. thats why they only invited streamers to the classic beta. they'll cut support to classic after 6 months when streamers drop below 8k

it couldn't get much dumber than 3. not a lot of room for skill and the grind is too repetitive to be fun. there's a bit of variety in builds but it doesn't really help. clearing feels the same with a lot of them. there's just no dynamic feel to the combat other it's just "yeah it's fast and fluid" good job jay wilson.

sc isn't strategy it's more apm and mental flowchart. there's not a lot long term you have to think about when you go next every 20 minutes. you don't usually know who you are playing so it's just grind meta.

it’s such a silly way to judge popularity, because every person watching a stream is someone not playing the game. People either watch a stream because they enjoy a game, but they’re so retarded that they can’t actually play a game, or because they’re losers who want a friend simulator.
That’s not even getting into the massive issues with viewbotting even on “official” streams.
Just shows to me that blizzard is dead because it is full of people that don’t actually play games.
There’s nothing to replace them, is my big problem. They were the last company that at least had some semblance of a gamer culture.

the only reason companies care about stream viewers is because you can blatantly advertise on streams

>overtrash 2

what. that has to be a expansion or something, there's no way blizztard brings out a actual sequel less than 10 years after the originals release

>Diablo after 2
ftfy

Attached: 1542018773492.gif (540x304, 69K)

They changed that like a solid 2 years ago dude mercy can only res 1 now.

>Overwatch 2
Ill believe it when i see it.

Attached: C46AA0D0-35F9-4C7A-95F6-9C55C6DCD5DB.jpg (323x287, 17K)

He's right

I pre-ordered StarCraft Ghost back in 2003

I'm curious how Blizzard will deem Overwatch 2 to be a worthy sequel. The multiplayer must be extremely similar, with all the previous characters from the first game.

I'm guessing its just a singleplayer campaign?

This. You people never learn

>Overwatch's servers will die someday to force you to buy 2

Why do people still buy this shit?

It should be a VN

every single shooter ever has gone through this

That's why you have community servers so it doesn't have to. Killing multiplayer games is a fairly new concept.

Uhhh, no. Black ops still has like 20,000 people on it daily. The only reason the yearly release schedule was successful was because it got the kids that were too young into the game the previous year.

left for dead style

It will be based on Norse mythology like God of War

>Hey kid have you played halo two?!
>wuts hawo two?
>pfft stupid kid
>Hey kid have you played halo three?!
>wuts hawo three?
>pfft stupid kid
>Hey kid have you played halo cod4?!
>wuts cod fwor?
>pfft stupid kid
>Hey kid have you played mw2?!
>wuts ehm dubya two?
>pfft stupid kid
>Hey kid have you played blops?!
>wuts black cocks?
>pfft stupid kid

Diablo 4 is a traditional Diablo game or is it the mobile shit from before?

I still can't forgive them for buying up swingin' ape studios and then cancelling the game