HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG
that soul

Attached: 1536526675295.png (1644x1396, 697K)

NINTENDO OOOOOO

It really isn't a matter of taste. On both sides the ones made to be more "realistic" or look more like actual animals look better, and the cartoonish ones look like garbage.

damn this is good shit.

Why do people keep pushing this narrative that everything is a matter of taste and all tastes are equal and valid. If I mixed skittles and M&Ms in a bowl maybe then you fat American would get the analogy. Taste has objective measures

This image just proves the artstyle is not the problem, the design is the problem.

>tfw they simlified the design so the the anime is easier to produce

Attached: 1353549916269.jpg (300x300, 16K)

OP is retarded.
Nobody looks at a pokemon game and goes
>this is bad because the critters look stupid

Oh wow, the right side ones are clearly better designed.

what? yes they absolutely do you stupid fucking underage retard. This has been a complaint since fucking gen 3 and has alienated a ton of older fans

you meant cheaper

Attached: 1558515194053.png (449x470, 25K)

>calarts

Older Pokémon were made by Satoshi Tajiri and they were simply "what a child would interpret animals or objects as", because they were based off things he found interesting as a child. Newer Pokémon are being designed by professional artists who want to make an "appealing creature", that's why they don't have soul.

Actually yes. The designs of the new pokemon are one of my biggest complaints. When your entire game is ABOUT the monsters (Collecting, training, evolving, battling) and they look stupid, it is a big problem. Even to this day when I pick up a pokemon game (which is getting rarer and rarer) I tend to use pokemon who I think look cool, not what is SUPER DUPER OP ITS IN THE BEST TIER AND CAN MOVE TUTOR THE BEST STUFF AND IVS AND EVS.

it's just a game, why you have to be mad

because it used to be an awesome game and now it's a pile of shit

This. Well, it's really a matter of if you have bad taste, meaning you prefer the cutesy designs over the more detailed ones. And they're the good type of detailed, not over-designed garbage trying to be unique.

Crabrawoer's "spikes" are supposed to be a pompoadour fucking retard. Way to trash over the concept just to make it an epic dino crab

>It really isn't a matter of taste
True. There's good taste with Red and Blue, and there's shit taste which is basically every game post gen 2.

>you can't get mad because it's a game
You sound retarded as FUCK

Cope.

If they changed the damn artstyle instead of just getting lazy...

but it's just a game

it is just a game, what's the big deal