ITT: post soulful dialogue/writing

ITT: post soulful dialogue/writing

Attached: ds2.jpg (726x473, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDYxWDuciCc&list=PLA3E8CDB310A8B301&index=152&t=0s
youtu.be/nO890I8-v0o?t=834
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yikes

Attached: 20190516235548_1.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

>dae dark souls 2 baddddd xDD
get a life tranny

Attached: 468763563.jpg (640x360, 46K)

HAND IT OVER
YOUR DARK SOUL™

CJ: Ya can't leave me here! This BALLAS country!

AND YOUR OTHER SOUL

>Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition
>Miyazaki: I'm a masochist xDD
Literally have sex

BASED

Attached: smb- hang the bankers purge the populists burn all nations.png (512x448, 11K)

>makes you fall for her

youtube.com/watch?v=YDYxWDuciCc&list=PLA3E8CDB310A8B301&index=152&t=0s

Attached: ffxiv_06042019_173355_887.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

Attached: b11d3e589ef2969bffff82a6a00140f.jpg (373x147, 15K)

>From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you.

Attached: 1418840481080.jpg (600x779, 72K)

leave my waifu alone

Tell me about Marr. Why does she wear the mask?

DO YOU GUYS GET IT
IT'S A DARK SOULS REFERENCE
IN A DARK SOULS GAME

Attached: 1526649079127[1].gif (413x243, 51K)

well guys, I guess that really was BLOODBORNE

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

Attached: DS3 is shit compilation.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

The more I grow up, the more I realize that the only actually well made games by From are DaS1's first half and Bloodborne.

Incels, mutts and zoomers may argue all they want, but the other 3 games are leagues below.

>Hand it over... That thing. Your Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice™

>well made games by From
i can assure you none of the "soulsborne" trash is on that list

>dude you will DIE in this game A LOT
>DEATH COUNTER
>we open the game saying you will DIE A LOT
>oh, this game? Yeah, you'll DIE a LOT
thank goodness DS3 didn't include that cringe-tier branding.

yeah, instead it was just dark souls 1.5: berserk plagiarism edition

You'll lose your souls... All of them. Over and over again. As your soul memory gets higher and higher, all that wasted EXP means you get matched with players who DIDN'T lose their souls over and over again. Ruining multiplayer.

Closed the game and immediately uninstalled when I saw this
>I will always remember that you were a true Nioh™ Complete Edition© by Koei Tecmo, William...

Attached: 20190605163427_1.jpg (2560x1440, 669K)

>In my dream i smell a barbecue.

>I hear children.

>A dog.

>And i see someone.

>I think i see someone

>These things...

>None of it for me.

>I move by roaring engines.

>Among warriors.

>We come from the night.

Attached: bj.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

the entire series was berserk plagiarism user, that's why it was good and no other "souls-like" games can compete

Attached: enkindled drake.png (326x339, 190K)

you say that, but i can guarantee you've never had an actual issue with soul memory at all unless you were trying to twink in vanilla das2

souls games are all tedious and boring. fact.

It's been fucking 5 years
Why do people still argue over DaS2 ? It's obvious that noone is going to change his opinion now, whether its positive or negative

Now tell me that you didnt get chills when you first heard this

you need to git gud faggot. fact.

>i guess you could say that ours is A Realm Reborn!
whoa...

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 94K)

I didn't feel anything

I'm starting to think that you guys are autistic

The entire concept of SM was to prevent twinking after the plethora of complaints from shitters in DaS1, but if anything, it just resulted in worse players getting matched with better ones.

A bad player that takes multiple tries to clear an area will have a higher SM than someone who takes one try to clear the area, resulting in a system where twinking is still present, just with altered mechanics.

i cringed and yikied and oofed extremely hard

So who was Donovan DaS then?

yeah sure, on paper that's what it did. but in practice nobody was ever actually affected by soul memory in that way
i've played through the game dozens of times both in vanilla and sotfs

woah... over and over... like the phislopher federich nietchey...

Attached: download (30).jpg (2048x1152, 524K)

Attached: default.jpg (800x450, 61K)

For me its DeS and DaS1.

Become my Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. My angel of death.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

still better than 2

>A bad player that takes multiple tries to clear an area will have a higher SM than someone who takes one try to clear the area
And yet bosses yield more souls than mobs, by extreme amounts.
Just like invasions do.

You can still twink with Soul Memory, but its completely different since a lot of the stuff needed for twinking is far into the game, like proper access to Titanite.

that was kino

>on paper that's what it did
So did it work that way, or didn't it? Just because you never encountered it doesn't mean nobody else ever did. Soul Memory was an absolute garbage mechanic that only worsened the absolutely awful multiplayer system that game had.

Attached: vbWbSkD.png (700x480, 43K)

a miyazaki drone would think so, sure

how many times did it effect you? none? you're literally just parroting ecelebs without having played the game yourself. the limited invasion orbs was the only real issue with multiplayer the game had

>"dark souls 2 is better than 3"
>all multiplayer shit
pottery
>>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
gimmicky and goes completely agaisnt the dks philosophy of indirect storytelling

youtu.be/nO890I8-v0o?t=834

Attached: Persapius.jpg (960x3264, 888K)

>Ds1 is the best because I played that first
Ok there retard

>less mechanics is good!
dark souls 3 must be your favorite

I've platinumed the game, and it affected my enjoyment of multiplayer by putting an expiration date on my character where eventually I would be pitted against 838 havel buttholes. It also compounds the issue of limited orbs, yeah -- you could:
>Farm pigs in Majula, constantly refreshing their spawns with bonfire ascetics, resulting in SM gains. Eventually you're going to run out of ascetics, unless you buy those too
>Farm cracked red eye orbs in the arena, which was minor SM gains, but that was full of tryhards. The pvp environment of field invasions vs arena fights are two completely different demographics
>Spend your souls on cracked eye orbs, souls that you could use upgrading your gear, or character. (Indirect SM gain)

This isn't even mentioning co-op, where helping people with a boss is going to heavily skew your SM. How fucking dare I help people, right? SM DOES impact you, if you wish to involve yourself in any multiplayer at all.

I mean, he did rape me pretty hard

Jeez Toad chill

sure, but how HAS it affected you? you complain about havelmonsters, but how is that even remotely different from giantdads which were even more prevalent and not counterable? you don't need to be max level in 2 for anything, so saying you effectively lose out by having to buy other shit is also just disingenuous. you can play through the game right now at a normal pace and still find activity at every level and sm bracket range

She doesn't have eyes. It's relatively common for her species I believe.

Unless you wear the agape ring.

sure thing tanimura drone

>n-no you
sad... also you do know tanimura designed a lot of 3 as well, and half the content in 3 is just ripped from 2

Attached: camera.jpg (1438x1079, 210K)

Attached: Is it huh.jpg (1443x1079, 248K)

Giant Moms were an issue, but SM didn't fix it at all -- it just took a different form, and it caused more problems that I already mentioned. Maybe I'll mention more?

The amount of time investment into a character in Dark Souls 2 can be ridiculous when you factor in shit like 1% drops, and when farming those drops, my SM would slowly increase.

Then you've got despawning mobs, which need to be repop'd by bonfire ascetics, which results in even HIGHER soul gains, in turn pushing your SM higher

It all fucking leads back to SM being the problem -- without it, these problems would be completely ignorable? Eventually, that character I put a lot of effort into creating will be pit against people well above my build level in terms of skill, or gear. My choice is to either make a new one, or deal with being stuck in hell-tier. It fucking sucks -- DaS2 isn't just a game you can make a character on the fly, and have fun with pvp.

The Agape Ring wasn't always a thing. Does fix some issues, but not all of them -- eventually you're going to run out of cracked eye orbs, and you're going to need to pony up for ascetics, or the orbs themselves.

>I-I'm free a thinking individual but y-you are
a drone...
sure thing nigger
yeah 3 has some shit parts and it 100% was tanimura's doing
still better than 2 overall lol

Truly an example that all men should aspire to

Attached: feminist.jpg (668x255, 29K)

Damn that's good. Wolf has the best writing in the genre (not a high bar though)

Attached: targetverified.png (640x480, 164K)

so you have no examples of how it's actually affected you and instead came up with made up scenarios where it COULD.
what 1% drops do you need for a build? none, and you can use the agape ring or trade for them too. or you know, use the item discovery increasing gear like you should be.
company of champions was in the game in vanilla too, and makes it so enemies NEVER stop despawning, so that argument is bunk as well.

and why would you be buying cracked orbs or ascetics? there are areas you can ascetic for a net gain on ascetics over and over again, same with orbs.

In SotFS at least, you can farm cracked red orbs from the torturers on the way to the Executioner Chariot fight. They have a FAR higher drop rate than the three little pigs and, unlike the pigs, can be made to spawn indefinitely by joining the Company of Champions.
I do agree that SM is shit though.

Is this game shit because this scene makes me want it.

Attached: D7crhcvXkAEDICH.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

>You’re not real. This is all in my head.
>Are you sure? Maybe it’s in mine.

It does affect me though, it constantly weighs on my conscious that every enemy I kill, every item I buy, and every stat point I invest needs to be treated seriously, because I can't undo those soul memory gains. Want to buy shit from a merchant to get all their dialogue? To advance a quest? Well, if you don't use that item, you've just incurred a SM penalty by investing those souls into something you don't really need, and those gains are going to build up over time.

The "you don't need" argument is just shitting on people who want to play a certain way -- yeah, you don't need any particular piece of gear, but maybe I want to play fashion souls? What if I want to dress up my character a certain way, and it just so happens that I want a specific drop to complete my gear? I don't think I should be penalized for that.

It just rubs my 'tism the wrong way, knowing that a character can be permanently fucked multiplayer-wise by poor soul investments, unoptimized gameplay (farming, exploring side paths), and the inevitable entropy of my character reaching the hell-tier SM.

There are a lot of problems DaS2 has that I'm willing to forgive, and it all leads back to soul memory. Yeah, Agape Ring, and CoC are a thing, but they're fixes to an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place -- not to mention that the agape ring can be used for twinking. What is the point of SM, exactly?