Pokemon Sword and Shield info

>Game Freak's management decided to focus nearly all members of their team on development, causing pretty much any other project in development there to be delayed.
> I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but they're using fuckin Unreal Engine 4 to make the game. I shit you not. The only problem is nobody there knows how to use it well so a lot of it's useful features aren't used. They're just hoping Nintendo steps in at the last minute and optimizes everything.
> Pokemon have Galar variants like Alola.
> There's a new type of minigame you can play in a place that's kinda like the game corner but not. It's Ponyta Racing.
> Game Freak wanted an open word Pokemon game but couldn't really pull it off because they're Game Freak. The Wild Area is legit just the remnants of that scrapped concept
> Routes are more shitty than XY.
> Game is going to be the only holiday seller Nintendo has. Animal Crossing was going to be one as well but that's getting delayed, so Nintendo is really putting the pressure on Game Freak.
> Certain gyms will have gimmicks to them that make Dynamaxing more risky, environmental hazards, even people from the stands throwing shit at you.
> PSS is entirely gone.
> Dynamax Band
> Nintendo REALLY wants the game to be compatible with that sleep device thing. It's that QoL product they said they canned. Nah, they didn't can it, that is it.

NOT GAME RELATED BUT SWSH RELATED
>OLM has recent begun pre-production on the SwSh anime.
>Pokemon Home is coming January 2020. That is the replacement for PSS pretty much.
>Switch bundle for SwSh is happening. Decals of the legendaries on the dock, controller's actually have a nice gradient color scheme to them.
>Pokemon Sword and Shield Switch theme will be released with the 9.0.0 update. (9.0.0 is getting themes, no clue when it'll be announced though).

Attached: pokemon-sword-and-shield-legendary-625x352.png (625x352, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bx2hnp/spoiler_pokemon_ss_leak_confirmed_by_direct/
youtube.com/watch?v=BJA2x9GHDM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Unreal Engine 4

>Animal Crossing was going to be one as well but that's getting delayed

Attached: 1545422878302.jpg (252x161, 5K)

Personally bummed me out too. Love Animal Crossing

>> I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but they're using fuckin Unreal Engine 4 to make the game. I shit you not. The only problem is nobody there knows how to use it well so a lot of it's useful features aren't used. They're just hoping Nintendo steps in at the last minute and optimizes everything.
>Game Freak wanted an open word Pokemon game but couldn't really pull it off because they're Game Freak. The Wild Area is legit just the remnants of that scrapped concept

Disappointed but not at all surprised

That's why the routes are shitty. They didn't plan to have the game work that way, but when they decided to backpedal from the open world idea, routes were an afterthought.

It's the most pointless thing really, especially when they're not even using it properly. They tried hiring a while back for people with proficiency in it but I don't think anything came of that.

I'M GONNA SAY IT Yea Forums

source?

Is there a more incompetent company than gamefreak?
The fact that they hold a multi BILLION dollar franchise is astounding.
Why don't they just hire a group of top tier programmers?
I bet nintendo would happily give them some if they asked.

Sources are spotty not gonna lie. Some I trust and some I don't. All of them claim to be involved in some aspect of production (mostly play testing/debugging and localization teams). I just went ahead and posted all of the info I was given regardless.

I can back the anime one though because I've seen character sheets and concept art in person.

Give Monolithsoft a go pls.

His ass

I'm not going to lie and say all of it is real. I mentioned that some of these sources I don't trust, but I'm putting them up there anyway just in case.

Some of these I can back though. One of them gave me info about P5S being a musou before it was even announced. I even made a post here.

>They're just hoping Nintendo steps in at the last minute and optimizes everything.
In that case, they're fucked without Iwata fixing their shit coding. Did they learn nothing since back then?

I refuse to believe

even if this was all true and the game really is a bigger shitshow than we think, it will still sell gangbusters and Gamefreak wont learn a single goddamn thing

Mixing new and young recruits at Game Freak with an engine they have little to no experience is not a good mix.

Nintendo had to dedicate resources to SwSh to make it actually presentable because GF couldn't do it, taking away resources from AC.

Their relationship must be pretty interesting
Nintendo mjst always come at them already with a "*sigh* what's the problem THIS time...?"

I don't know how they feel about it but they knew they couldn't afford to have SwSh delayed, so they do it anyways.

petition to ban '''leaker'''' niggers, their LARPing is annoying

Even if some/most/all of this is bullshit, the warning signs for Gamefreak's usual bullshit is already here.
>Wild Area looks impressive, but Galar's map shows that it's pretty much the only area of that size in the game, just like prior large 3D areas shown in early marketing (Castelia, Lumiose)
>Gym Battles needing specific Dynamax-friendly arenas means that it's unlikely there will be any Gyms beyond the 5 (FIVE) visible on the world map
>Huge glut of returning Pokemon shown in the trailers so far, just like XY and SM, indicating this will be yet another gen with a low amount of new Pokemon
>The leak that's so far been 100% accurate has said there will be new forms & evos for old Pokemon, but all of the examples given in said leak were Gen 1 mons, meaning this gen will be full of Kanto pandering AGAIN
If you're hoping that Sword & Shield will save Pokemon from its steady slide into perpetual mediocrity, prepare for disappointment.

Attached: 6a6.jpg (479x370, 68K)

Really the only sources I'm suspicious of are the ones about internal relations at Game Freak. Those came from people that I have doubts know that much about what's going on behind the scene.

Anything from the sources I have that have play tested the game I have a strong confidence in.

Dynamaxing is probably one of the shittiest ideas they've ever had for this gen (so far)

They pretty much took the most broken aspects of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves and combined them.

From one of my spotty sources (is a Japanese play tester, but he claims to know internal disputes at GF and I have suspicions about that) apparently some gyms require you to battle entirely in Dynamax.

>playing unreal frameworks after Unreal Tournament 3

remember lumiose city at launch crashing people's saves

I expect the same in the wild area

This is literally confirmed to be the Sonic 06 of Pokemon. One of the worst games ever made. Thank you OP for sharing this info.

>The actual gameplay of a mainline Pokémon game will never get moved to a competent company

Attached: 1551305496930.png (628x581, 446K)

Fuck off Masuda, your game is confirmed Superman 64-tier.

Speaking of sources user, what can you say about this leak that happened awhile back:reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bx2hnp/spoiler_pokemon_ss_leak_confirmed_by_direct/

Apparently this leak had given alot of correct info way before the direct was aired. The thing I find the most interestign is the leaker said he was upset with GF.

Also will there be any new Ultra Beasts?

somone fix this color pallet is so horribly bad

This is the power of the biggest multi-media franchise in the whole wide world.
These guys were the main reason as to why Pokemon became the juggernaut it is.
In 20 years these people have yet to hire a single competent person and have yet to improve.
It's utterly depressing how there's people breaking their backs every day and yet these people manage to find success just like this.
If there's proof that the life and the world is not fair just look at Pokemon and Gamefreak.

>Nintendo is pissed that GF can't get shit done like they want but they don't take ANY effort in trying to get GF to get their shit together or in finding help from somewhere else to carry them on the making of the games

They've been trying to lower down the amount of Pokemon since Gen 6. They realized how bloated the amount is getting. GF is trying to bypass this through gimmicks like Mega Evos and Alt forms. Like u said, large amount of returning Pokemon is a strong indicator the number is low.

I won't lie, I quite liked the idea of quality over quantity the recent gens have been taking.

But looking at the pokemon revealed in the direct, they look so fucking uninspired

This. Literally all of them look like the worst designs of all time. Everyone on this board hates literally everything about this gen.

Gen 4 was a hot mess up and a wake up call to how shit GF was. It's beyond me how'd they managed to make BW so well.

How can Nintendo let GF be at this level of incompetence for so many years is beyond my wildest ideas.

At least there's still Yo-kai Watch 4.

But that's assuming Level-5 can actually stick the landing.

>Animal Crossing
>Delayed

b-b-b-b-but nintendo said this year bros

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (913x702, 82K)

I already knew about that leak, some of the info I got from my sources matched up with that one, which is why I didn't include it since I already assumed it made a big splash here after the direct yesterday.

Honestly, I don't blame him for being angry with GF. I am too, sorta. It's sad to see how the mighty have fallen (personally I feel the last good games they made were Gen4) and how even when they do good things nowadays they still find a way to fuck it up. That's why I recently started to get into other series like Yo-kai Watch or Digimon. Everyone discounts them as ripoffs but they have way more effort put into them than GF puts into Pokemon nowadays.

As for Ultra Bests, I don't know. I can ask my sources but they're all asleep (it's like 4AM in Japan) so I probably won't get a response for several hours.

I really wanna pull the "It's their first game on the console" excuse but I'm tired of it. All other devs can do competent games on their first try. GF were one of the first studios to get Switch devkits and look at this hot mess we're getting.

YW already reached it's peak popularity. It's never gonna pick up again no matter what.

I'd rather have a gen 3 amount.

You know, lots of new pokemon, but theres still like 20% old mons hidden away

Not like XY and SM where the game is 80% old mons, a "trail mix" route if you will

It was cool at first in XY for variety, but after that it really did just become an excuse to not bloat the numbers. I already made peace with never having a gen 5 with all new pokemon, because for every shit one there was a good one for that amount, only kantofags and shitposters say the whole dex was bad. The low amount of gen 6, 7 and now potentially 8 lowers the chances of their being a good mon compared to bad mon ratio. XY got away with it because all the bad oned were filtered to megas so that dex was actually fucking good, but SM is extremely hit or miss.

Why the fuck was gen 4 bad you fucking contrarian?

Sorry, the leak confirms it.

All the designs look like fucking shit and everyone agrees.

that pic is fake, right? please tell me it's fake

Diamond and Pearl were pretty rough, this is undeniable. Gen 4 only got good with Platinum fixing DP and then HGSS having so much soul.

>shitpost disguised as a leak

Yo-kai Watch 4 is a title I've been following closely. I'll admit I played the first game back when it came out in America in 2015 and loved it, stuck with the series since. It has it's faults but they're still pretty solid games and they're overflowing with personality.

YW4 on the other hand didn't really get me all too excited. Really worried about Level-5 having trouble getting games out on time. They delayed YW4 and Inazuma Eleven Ares so many times now every time they'd announce a date I just couldn't trust it.

YW4 looks like it has potential but I'm worried they're going for style over substance. Not only have they been incredibly tight-lipped about the game compared to previous titles, but in the gameplay I've seen there's several instances where the game gets hit hard with slowdown.

I love Level-5 games to death but this one has me raising my eyebrows. Hope it wasn't outsourced to some random developer like Busters 2 was or Inazuma Eleven Ares will be.

I think they chose to base the region off of Britain so they could get away with being lazy.

If they really wanted to have creative European Pokemon, they probably would have chosen a place like Italy with shittons of material to work with

Oh no that pic is real. It's an official pic. I didn't have one immediately handy so I just grabbed one online.

fuck
that's so stupid
how the fuck does sword dog eat or drink?

it doesn't.

You know you can drop things you hold in your hands or mouth and then pick them up again, right?

but how it going to do three swords style

that's another stupid thing because it basically means it carries that fucking sword the whole fucking time 24/7 except when it barks, eats, drinks

>gamefreak has all their men on it
>Hoping ninty steps in
>But they're delaying animal crossing cause all of nintys men are helping them
Larpers need to go

Attached: 1555092011031.jpg (1024x634, 37K)

>game needs to be made presentable by the direct
>nintendo steps in to help
>later on gf hopes theyll step in again to optimize the engine
Theyre also delaying because 2 games in the holiday season that big is a bad idea.

Like I said Ninty helped them to get in a state that's presentable because GF wanted something to show off before E3 and Nintendo wanted it at their booth. They kinda had no choice.

Now that that's over, I don't think they're going to step in until the main game is finished and is just in need of final optimizations.

I'm still mad that this is coming to the Switch, something I don't have.

Bros I heard that
>you choose to be a tranny
>you literally can fuck all the Pokémon
>you’re rival is gay and comes out tyou (very emotional)
>confirms that the epic Pokéwar fan theory is actually canon and its prob the most epic part of the gaem
Screen cap this

>Theyre also delaying because 2 games in the holiday season that big is a bad idea.

Attached: D472E7F8-03B5-44E7-A3EE-A51D0A9B5BEA.png (407x286, 96K)

Just like the other gorillion Pokemon that use tools too? C'mon son. This complaint is silly.

Christ, we're going to be basically getting Pokemon 76, aren't we?

No? It's just because AC won't be done in time because they had to dedicate those resources to fixing SwSh

Replied to the wrong poster, but you get the idea. I’m not buying that.

God just please tell me that they’re developing a spin-off game that’s not mobile shit. We haven’t had one in a long while.

>Find out you can have a waifu in Black and White 2
>New copies sell for +100 bucks
Why I was not informed of such feature before?

I'll never forget the words that random nip once said.
The more you love Pokemon, the more you hate Gamefreak.

I've heard Spike Chunsoft has been busy lately ;)

What's SwSh?

>A lot of saving
>Shitty load times
>slow framerate
>Two fire pokemon
>can't get cross gen Evos until post game
>Cyrus is shit

There you go bud

It's SnS

>Game Freak wanted an open world Pokemon game
lol
>OLM has recent begun pre-production on the SwSh anime.
who the fuck still watches the anime
>9.0.0 is getting themes
lol

Peak console Pokémon
youtube.com/watch?v=BJA2x9GHDM0

> Routes are more shitty than XY.
So they're better than Sun and Moon?

Sounds like you have ADHD my friend. Fire Pokémon being shafted has always been a consistent problem with the series, it’s not exclusively a gen 4 problem.

sorry, Im not playing this game with you

The person who told me the theme thing is the one I trust the least. There'd be little way for him to know. He claims to have heard it from a GF dev but I fucking don't believe him. (playtester).

Anime one is real, just thought I'd share because if leaks get out (idk if they ever do OLM is pretty secret) there's gym leader designs and unseen Pokemon.

Will the anime still be meme faces comedy shit like the Alola one?

>blunderfag has entered the thread
I wouldn’t be surprised if you were the one that typed up this fake leak too.

I reccomend watching Tamashii review on DP. She literally times it how long a fucking battle starts. Somewhere around 14 secs.

I don't know. I've only seen concept art and model sheets. Looks like they're going back to normal though.

densetsu no kusoge

Attached: 5CH on the current STATE of Pokemon full vers.jpg (1662x2083, 2.27M)

Thank God.
Who's the traveling girl? Sonia?

>It's tough being a Pokemon fan. The bigger fan you are the more you love Pokemon, and the more you hate Game Freak
This always hits me deep inside.

Attached: 1422045854099.jpg (400x446, 100K)

>people from the stands throwing shit at you
please be real

I don't know what they're planning to do with anything, they're just model sheets after all. Ash is back and that's all I really know about the story. No clue who he's traveling with. I did see art for Sonia though.

I'm supposed to believe any of this, why?

Stay in denial bootlickers.

Because if you don’t, your mother will die in her sleep tonight

Choose your legendary pokemon, Yea Forums

Attached: C7tOhhCVQAAORlG[1].jpg (959x540, 133K)

As the person who posted it, I don't believe a few things either, but the stuff I do know to be true out of what is posted is fucking embarrassing for Game Freak and I'm sick and tired of them barely doing shit to keep Pokemon interesting

I fucking hate this feeling. There's just something about the universe of Pokemon that has me absolutely enthralled. But the actual games are on a steady decline from really good into total shit. The last truly good Pokemon game was fucking Black & White 2. Fucking 7 years ago!

>Swsh
Fuckoff

No. are you retarded?

>exposed himself for being an autistic man child shit posting because his favorite baby game can never live up to his expectations
epic

That's an insult to Fallout 76. Pokemon SwSh will be two of the worst games of all time.

Don't deny it, this is what the game's gonna be like.

Attached: 1559707851741.png (1876x2010, 743K)

The shills have arrived...

Oh no no no no no Pokemon bros you told me only Fire Emblem weebs like dating sims?!?!?

Attached: br-bros.jpg (400x448, 24K)

Hey larping guy. Can you tell me why Masuda is still doing shit? Wasn't SS supposed to be ohmori hands on?

>I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but they're using fuckin Unreal Engine 4 to make the game.
Bullcrap

>MASUDA
FUCK MASUDA

Attached: 1466038858079.jpg (1262x2220, 598K)

Why should I believe you?

>Wild Area looks impressive
Dude, there are several games on the Switch that look much more impressive than the Wild Area could ever hope to look

God. Westerner art is so disgusting.

You don't have to if you don't want to.
I don't have full confidence in all of this info, but the gameplay ones I have very high confidence in as my sources came from playtesters in Japan.

If you don't want to believe I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't either, but over the months you'll probably start to see this stuff get out to the public.

>Clear anime styling
Why are weebs so disgusting?

Fuck you, you lying digifag.

DOWN DOWN DOWN INTO A RING OF FIRE

Attached: 2ch on pokemon.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

You mean clear bad copycat styling.

seething hoennbaby

Seething west cuck

>nips
>shit taste
Pottery

*It looks impressive compared to what we usually get from Gamefreak

Attached: 1373246188568.png (863x661, 984K)

>Densetsu no Kusoge

Grown men playing pikachu games

Kys Kantocuck

baka gaijin

Who has honestly said this? Game Freak is a loli cunny factory.

Grown men posting on a chinese cartoons imageboard.

Most people just use the term anime, but yeah

I mean sure you can argue that, but that's like saying "hey this turd came out more smoothly than that one"
Why the fuck doesn't Gamefreak just hand over the IP to a competent developer and live off royalties since this is the biggest media franchise on the planet

Yeah, you're lying.

Grown men posting on Taiwanese basket weaving forums. 100% seriously too

>blunderfag is still around
>no one replies to him
This is genuinely sad. You guys should throw him a bone

I don’t deny that any of it is realistic, but you shouldn’t eat up anything some nobody has to say because you agree with it, you fucking retard. It’s the same reason leaks get circlejerked for months and months without any real reason to believe them.

Who?

What's sadder is that no one has realized what he's actually doing.

> Game Freak wanted an open word Pokemon game but couldn't really pull it off because they're Game Freak. The Wild Area is legit just the remnants of that scrapped concept

Attached: 1535253584785.png (700x376, 204K)

>Gamefreak giving up 5% of all that money.

No.

>If you don't want to believe I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't either
Fuck off, this is every fake leaker’s excuse. If you can’t give some solid proof you can fuck off.

He hates pokemon and loves digimon, what do you expect?

>Switch theme

The money is tied up in TPC, and Ishihara is retarded.

Nah, Ishihara is just evil

Didnt they use that for lets go and it was fine?

One of my friends is a Japanese playtester for various companies. Not only has he shared info to be about Sword and Shield, but he also gave me info about P5S being a musou before it was initially announced. I made a post about it the day before and nobody payed it any attention. I still have a screencap of that post too.

I kinda want all of this shit to be real just to watch the entire Pokemon fanbase go up in flames

Already gave up on the game prior to the direct; but, at least the Wild Area's show that someone at GameFreak is trying.

Please don't say that. That's legit the 1 game that I would 100% fall in love with.

Guy who quotes everyone that has legitimate criticism for a game then goes
>the most unanimously hated game of *current year*
>the sonic 06 of *game franchise*
>this year's tortanic
And the classic
>blunder of the century

source of the jap leak?

>I made a post about it the day before and nobody payed it any attention. I still have a screencap of that post too.
Why should I believe you made that post either?

I'M GOING TO HACK MY SWITCH AND FUCKING PIRATE THESE GAMES JUST LIKE I DID WITH THE 3DS ONES
FUCK GAME FREAK, I'M SICK OF THIS SHIT

Attached: 1510450025299.png (1366x1122, 1.55M)

What happened to Morimoto?

His nickname is Norikun, at least it is on LINE where I talk to him, but I don't think he has any other social media.

Ok OP, we alredy know you hate pokemon

>I bet nintendo would happily give them some if they asked.
Fun fact, Gamefreack is an indipendent developer studio, it's not owned by Nintendo, they just share the ownership of the Pokemon IP, that is shared by 3 company, GF, Nintendo and The Pokemon Conmpany.

Gamefreak even released some games outside on PC and PS4 and Xbone but not on Nintendo, just to prove that they are not owned by them.

Gamefreak is literally an indie game studio in labour force.

Everyone except genwunners and GOfags hates LGPE and the direction Pokemon has gone since XY. This shouldn't be a syrprise and it's basically what's posted in this board too

>Game Freak's management decided to focus nearly all members of their team on development, causing pretty much any other project in development there to be delayed.
Has GameFreak ever done anything relevant outside of Pokemon?
Why would you ever willingly play a GameFreak game?

Attached: 1502417738448.jpg (500x425, 58K)

>gamefreak tried to do something more rhan the bare minimum

No they didn’t

>Ishihara is retarded
No, he just know that Pokemon print money even if they just release an empy game box, so he doesnt care how shit GF actually is, the important part is that they put out two games every year.

Pulseman is pretty fun

Gamefreak makes lots of games outside of Pokemon. It's just that Pokemon is the only thing that has any considerable popularity and revenue.

>> Pokemon have Galar variants like Alola
Fake.

>Dude, there are several games on the 3DS that look much more impressive than the Wild Area could ever hope to look
FTFY

Nah, they did try, the bare minimum would have been Sun/Moon HD or Let's Go Pikablu and Togepi, having a "hyrule field" and realistic proportions on both characters and the world is good
Emphasis on "tried"

>Why the fuck doesn't Gamefreak just hand over the IP to a competent developer and live off royalties since this is the biggest media franchise on the planet
They are trying new things with the Town game, if that will work, maybe wthey wil drop the Pokemon games and outsorce them to other developers that know how to use it.
I mean, 70% of the spinoff have a much better value and are made with more love and coherence than the mainline games.

What do you expect from a shitty indie developers like Gamefreak?

>unreal engine 4
the absolute state of nintendo fags

>fucking contrarian
user, licking gen 4 is the contrarian opinion.
Gen 4 was the gen that made most of the old fans since gen 1 drop the series for how bland and boring it was..

Comparing them to even the shittiest of indie devs is giving Game Freak too much credit. These people are lazy, untalented, and are only able to stand because of brand recognition and the cult-like mentality of fans.

Attached: haha gone.jpg (329x248, 18K)

Cringed so hard after X/Y that he left

Kantocucks aren't real fans, they are the reason because gen 6 and 7 sucks

>Comparing them to even the shittiest of indie devs is giving Game Freak too much credit
Mostly agree, but for every talented indie dev studioout there, there are 10 shitty one, and one of the is gamefreak.

Yeah you're right

Attached: file.png (2208x1242, 3.89M)

kantokucks didnt even played gen 5 at the time because they dropped the ball on gen 4.
The real people who shitted on gen 5 and the reasong gen 6 and 7 exist like that were mostly gen 3 and 4 kids.

Wrong, it was the Kantocucks crying on Facebook

>Literally confirmed
>By these unconfirmed, spotty sources
Neat

>being a newfag
DPPt got shit on here buddy

>The last truly good Pokemon game was fucking Black & White 2. Fucking 7 years ago!
Dont forget tha tthey are axing all the good spinoff in the recent years because they make gamefreak look too incompetent with their own IP.

holy shit a leak the day after the direct!!!! surely this is totally legit!

>Masuda and Ohmori in charge of SwSh
looking at this, it doesnt surprise me that being made by the two worst directors in the pokemon series are making them looking like one of the worst pokemon game ever made.

Wrong, kantocucks never played gen 5.

Nintendo owns 2 of the three companies however.

>but all of the examples given in said leak were Gen 1 mons, meaning this gen will be full of Kanto pandering AGAIN
So just cause the leak named one Pokemon that happened to be from Kanto = Kanto pandering

Yeah fuck off

Not really, Nintendo cant own themself and The Pokemon Company is indipendent.

is stories good?
consider i like mh

Attached: 1559669855132.gif (824x707, 1.39M)

It's alright but plays nothing like MH

Yes, dont expect a MH game thoug, it's more like Dragon Quest Mosnter Joker but with an actual story and with MH monsters.
Gameplay is classic jrpg but it's fun and good if you like the genere, but it's not really compelx.

It’s pretty good