Elder Scrolls 6 is designed "for people to play for a decade at least" - Todd Howard

>Elder Scrolls 6 is designed "for people to play for a decade at least" - Todd Howard

Pff, big wow.

You can play Skyrim forever, whats a decade?

Attached: 1559789094848.png (626x663, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA
youtu.be/jtTU4pvVXQA?t=823
youtube.com/watch?v=VIYthyp2lto
youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A game with multiple regions confirmed?

Bethesda makes game engines, more than games. Unfortunately they're still trying to find a way to make a living off it.

This means:
>Mod support out the roof
Or
>Shitty live service model
Im scared bros

Attached: 1531150893058.gif (480x351, 1.06M)

oh fuck yes here comes another round of pure Todd gold

So in other words it will have mod support?

That's not exactly what he said. What he said is that they're going to have to design it with that in mind, given the success of Skyrim.

Attached: Holo.gif (207x207, 150K)

Again with the fucking 10 year plan why do these AAA charlatans have such a hard on for "10 year plans"? Is it something the investors like to hear or something??

>Bethesda makes game engines
>Been using gamebryo for 20+ years

Right...

uh yeah, that's exactly what it is.

They will try to push the cash shop again and people will get angry and forget their angry again.

this

fuck

Attached: 1472125543808.png (444x440, 280K)

>designed for people to play for a decade at least

It'a basically a skyrim reskin, because hey why change something that still tops charts.

Attached: 1457983467811.png (196x197, 34K)

just like Fallout 76!

will retards ever stop falling for this manlet and his lies

It's designed so that you'll have to play it for a decade, because the next one isn't coming out for another 20 years.
I'm right, you know.

Attached: tenor2.gif (328x328, 1.48M)

paid mod support :^)

He probably just meant that there are still people replaying skyrim but with mods, I don't think thats an unreasonable claim.

As long as he doesn't fuck it up with paid mods trash.

TELL ME LIES TELL ME SWEET LITTLE LIES

RADIANT PAID MODS

so it will be fallout 76?

Like, 10 thousand people play Skyrim everyday on average. That's a single player game released in 2011.

>game planned for 10 years lifespan
>only 3 pieces of DLC planned both released 3 months after release
>hmm
it's paid mods and a games as a service model, isn't it
gonna have dailies weeklies and monthlies with loot

It just means you have to pirate your mods in the future

FUCK DONT GIVE HIM IDEAS
YOU KNOW HE'S ALWAYS LOOKING

Attached: 1534578070939.jpg (600x588, 109K)

psst
live random mod subscription service

I am not Todd to look up anything, don't worry.

>As long as he doesn't fuck it up with paid mods trash.
Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE already have Creation Club, you can bet your ass Skyrim 2 will have it.

Todd the """"Chad God"""" Howard once again flexing on Vidya Industry

Attached: 1539712640538.png (680x464, 353K)

Translation
Were gonna cripple mods for microtransactions
Fuck odd todd

You know, if the game was built to be able to handle just having random mods dropped in and resolve conflicts in an intelligent manner, I’d pay for a service that periodically just plops shit in just to fuck with you.

>You can play Skyrim forever,
It gets boring after 10 hours. Then you start modding it.

That makes no sense whatsoever, try harder next time.

hey fuck you todd got his ass kicked the last time he came here and there's no way i'd come back after that

It's okay Todd learned from Fallout 76

Attached: 1540479853096.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

Designed for people to pay for a decade ftfy

>starting without modding it
Only if you are playing in November of 2011 I can understand this

TODD
HIRE
THIS

Attached: 1557015073489.png (574x516, 484K)

>modding
Only if you are autistic I can understand this

I'm talking about the first time playing it. I have a few mods permanently enabled with Steam Workshop, even though I haven't played Skyrim for years.

Bethesda has to recoup their losses from Fallout 76 somehow

Attached: 1468089011865.gif (315x236, 2.72M)

>Steam Workshop
>for Skyrim

Attached: profe.gif (350x292, 180K)

Were there any to begin with?
Most of the assets came from Fallout 4, hell even that sweater which you can buy in their atom shop for like 5$ is from the Fallout 4 intro.

i did play skyrim for almost a decade, i'm literally playing it now

Skyrim released in 2011 and plenty of people are still playing it. Seems reasonable to expect the same thing of the next title.

even worse
>procedurally generated bethesda dungeons...

with at get go money after side never before seem even friend think voice list play stop some out note before

wait thats not what i meant to say
>designed for 87600 hours of playtime
is this todd's way of embargoing reviews past the release date

Attached: 1533281478353.png (265x294, 72K)

Todd is ZOG and must be canceled.

Attached: outer todd fields.gif (2000x1254, 789K)

Underrated.

It probably doesn't mean anything in particular and it's not even really what he said, but it's too late now because the clickbait has already taken off. I'm sure whenever TES VI releases and it turns out not to have a literal decade worth of content, people will say Todd lied about that too.

they don't need to lose money to get losses, if they planned to make a set amount and instead made none
thats why films that cost like 500k to make but only make 1m at the box office are considered flops etc

Is Starfield at E3? Does it still exist?

fallout 76 was more of a experiment then a game to test out their servers. they probably made 76 super shitty so that they can focus more resources on games like the elder scrolls 6.

Attached: 9Alkxh89_400x400.jpg (347x347, 17K)

>Is Starfield at E3?
No.
>Does it still exist?
Yes. It will be out long before TES VI.

REEEEEEEEEEEE RELEASE IT ALREADY TODD YOU FUCKING AUTISIMO. WE ALL KNOW IT WON'T TAKE ANOTHER DECADE TO MAKE IT.

Sneedd Howard

It will actually be a decade worth of modders trying to fix the dumpster fire that they will release

Attached: 1531391303039.png (719x771, 395K)

DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TELL ME TESVI IS ONLINE ONLY YOU STUPID MONG!

more like
>monthly fees and mmorpg-tier 'expansions'/dlc that will be generated by ex-mod community cucks who sold out for 'exposure' and 10% of the cut.

>they probably made 76 super shitty
Why would they intentionally wound their reputation?

>Bethesda announces TESO:2
>Along with a new trilogy of MMO games based around Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim

So, it's going to have paid mods, live service, multiplayer and a modding kit coming out nearly 12 year after release. Are you excited yet?

Attached: 1498630639874.jpg (850x1298, 268K)

So that they can redeem themselves and still manage to top expectations when everyone's expectations are lowered.

People are still playing Half-Life. People are still playing NWN, Baldur's Gate, Planescape, STALKER; fucking linear experiences like Metal Gear Solid. This is such a nothing statement to anyone who's played video games for more than five years of their life and understands replayability. This if for the normalfags to go
>Duuuude whaaaat
at each other.

Attached: Shamus.gif (357x238, 2.2M)

He's doing it again

Attached: KECKQaG.jpg (640x360, 48K)

I hope that's true. Fuck Bethesda.

FUCK YOU TODD! FUCK YOU! IT BETTER BE A F2P MMO YOU STUPID NERD!

>SKYRIM SHELTER, FREE ON YOUR DEVICE OF CHOICE NOW!

There is absolutely no way Bethesda will gut mod support from a single player game. They're stupid, but they know mods are a huge part of why people still play their games.
76 is just a different story for being multiplayer.

Reminds me of this
youtu.be/jtTU4pvVXQA?t=823

They probably lost a ton to advertising

It's going to use a games as service model, isn't it? Fuck you Todd, just give me a good modding platform and you can have my money, don't ruin this.

Attached: jahy angry.jpg (571x483, 40K)

much engine

Attached: 1548930201s.png (207x243, 7K)

meant for

>and you can have my money
STOP user, JUST STOP GIVING HIM CHANCES, IT'S ABUSIVE AT THIS POINT AND YOU KEEP GIVING HIM CHANCES

It’s a live service model bullshit game.

but they cant fuck it up this time.

Attached: SkyrimHAVESEXlab.png (712x526, 240K)

It's not about giving him chances, it's about getting what you want.

While I'd want that Morrowind charm and focus on the RP side of RPG to return Skyrim is a good modding platform with a massive community behind it and that was good for me. I didn't like everything they did with it but overall I really like the modded experience. Fallout 4 moved even further away from the RPG aspect and I I didn't like that but it was a good modding platform and pretty fun. I'd kill to have New Vegas 2 sicne NV is my favorite Fallout game but what can you do.

I didn't get 76 because it didn't look like what I wanted.

Same thing can hapen with TES6 or Starfield. They give me what I want, they get my money.

translation: more infinite radiant quest bullshit like in skyrim and fallout 4.

Oblivion:
>Beautiful world to explore
>Every single NPC has a story
>World feels lived in
>Interesting level up mechanic
>Cool story
>Amazing side quests and guilds that make you feel immersed in the world

Skyrim:
>Shitty Zack Snyder visuals
>NPCs just sort of stand around like in Failout
>World is boring, repetitive - every damn dungeon feels the same
>Leveling up is lame as hell - shitty Failout 'perk' system
>Story is boring, hurr civil war, hurr dragons - fucking awful world building
>Guilds take maybe a few hours to complete and are stale as fuck - all side quests are essentially in-game memes

Attached: dreamboy.jpg (808x880, 196K)

radiant quests need to be designed with a procedural story in mind. go to x and pick up y rock isn't good enough todd

Todd is the most powerful developer, he can't be stopped

I bet they are going to fuck modability in the ass for good this time around, which will mark the end of TES and Fallout for good.

Attached: 1550946476169.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

>go to x and pick up y rock isn't good enough todd
Even their actual non-radiant quests in skyrim/fo4 are like that though. I can probably count on one hand the number of quests I remember that didn't just boil down to clearing out bandit cave or draugr tomb #387.

>Instead of doing 4 variations of 3 quests over and over for the thieves guild you can do 10 variations of 5 quests
>Or purchase rank with in-game money but the amount is such that the only feasible way to do this is by buying in-game money with real money
>This is the future unless kids and the LCD decide to fuck off to another hobby but geek chic is still on the upswing

Attached: Contemplative Spiderman.jpg (560x400, 21K)

What he said is that when it comes out people will have been playing Skyrim for a decade, so they aim to make that kind of game. Don't read too much into it nerds

>modability in the ass for good this time around,
If they do this that would mean the end of Bethesda as a whole, since that would also include fucking themselves out of potential money through the CC.

>we need to keep using our old engine because the modders are most familiar with it!
>modders that make mods that mainly fix problems/bugs/overall shittiness caused by bethesda's programming/engine
>mods that wouldn't be necessary in the first place if the games were developed by competent programmers on a competent engine

Attached: mspaint eddy.png (469x375, 11K)

No, you're right. Every quest in Skyrim is a fetch quest. At that point, you might as well not even have quests at all.

>you have to sneak if you have business in Solitude as an Imperial
Todd literally was in the right here.

they've been the same engine for all of their games retard

We're doomed. The average person who played skrim never played any of the others and doesn't even play the quests. They just autistically wander around clearing bandit dungeons to soothe their OCD tendencies and that's it.

>Oblivion
>>Interesting level up mechanic
Interesting maybe, but definitely shit.

Daily reminder to not buy Elder Scrolls anymore unless it has spell making.

To be fair it wasn't EVERY quest. There were a few that actually mixed it up and had you doing investigation-style questing like the markarth quest or the drinking game one. But for the most part, absolutely just a bunch of shitty fetch quests and dungeon crawling.

But what we're going to get from Beth in the future will make Skyrim's quests look fantastic in comparison, sadly.

>There is absolutely no way Bethesda will gut mod support from a single player game

dangerous words

Attached: 1254663963745.jpg (387x289, 10K)

GIVE ME BACK MY ATHLETICS AND ACROBATICS
WHERE THE FUCK IS UNARMED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: katia hand to hand.gif (500x500, 272K)

no more skills bro :^)

Oblivion's spellmaking was basically pay2win and I wasn't a fan of how broken it could be. I'm all for it returning if it's done well, but not at the top of my list of things that Todd needs to unfuck to get me to pay for the game. I'd be fine with not having spellmaking so long as the spells we DO get in the game actually have some decent variety to them. And they also need to overhaul the controls to make playing a mage not tedious by either needing to constantly switch out spells and enchanted clothing in your menu, or implement an extensive hotkey system with the works.

And what sucks is that I really think procedurally generated quests good be really good but it would take effort, and if you can't make a good scripted quest, then you could never make a good procedurally generated quest.

I wish you were wrong.

Only way acrobatics is coming back is if they have all the towns and other settings on the world map itself rather than being separate load areas. That's the main reason why stuff like acrobatics got taken out in the first place, otherwise you could have people jumping over the walls that lead to nowhere.

And I doubt that will happen, since Bethesda can't program a game where there are more than 5 huts and 6 NPCs visible together without the engine shitting the bed.

I bet if you level up now you can´t even choose anything. It just increases your level by 1 and changes nothing.

IMO the proper way to do their "radiant quests" is to have a fully scripted, sequenced, written questline, but then have certain elements randomized. Maybe in one playthrough X NPC is behind everything, and in other playthrough Y NPC is behind everything. Maybe one playthrough the thing you need is in X town rather than Y town. Skyrim sort of had this here and there, where there would be non-infinite-quests that still had a little randomization of which dungeon you needed to go to for a quest item, but it could be expanded upon.

But yes, you're right. If they can't do decent scripted quests, they have no business attempting radiant ones.

>game will last for a decade!
>Oh that means they will remove mods?!?!

Sorry, are you retarded? The only reason Skyrim has lasted so long is because of mods. No mods = game dead within a year.

Oblivion has acrobatics and its towns are separated from the world map, or is that wrong?

how can todd be so based

Now that I think about it it would probably be impossible due to voice acting. I think the idea behind Oblivion's radiant AI was to make TES into a real dynamic fantasy simulation kind of like Dwarf Fortress or something but it's clear Bethesda has given up completely on something that ambitious.

athletics and acrobatics were dumb because every character ran and jumped. so all they did was mess up your level up planning.

and they required shit animations instead of motion captured ones. since you just increase the speed of the run animation and have floaty jumps.
if you want good animations they can't be in.

I actually don't mind Skyrim's perk system as an overall concept. It's just that the perks the vanilla game has are mostly lame shit like "5 levels of this perk to increase your damage with one-handed weapons" or "use this perk to unlock adept spells". That should all be shit that should implicitly be rolled in with your skill level. Rather than unlocking higher spells with a perk, just make it so there's a skill requirement to use them like other RPGs do. Let perks be things that radically alter your playstyle and allow you to specialize into subtypes (ex: conjurors focusing on necromancy vs daedra vs bound weapons). Lots of perk mods do a good job overall with this.

The actual problem with skyrim's leveling system is that it's way too easy to just become an omni-build. It should be like older TES games where you pick a class at the beginning and from there, only leveling your class's dedicated skills will count toward level advancement. No more tanking a bunch of attacks in heavy armor and a shield to level heavy armor and block when you're a mage character trying to powergame.

It did, and it caused problems with people jumping over city walls. So they took it out.

I don't like it, and I'd love to return to the way Morrowind did things where you can fucking jump across the map, but I don't see it happening.

Theoretically it could work if you had the running/jumping animations change at set thresholds rather than being a gradual change that just speeds up the same animation. Think of how Dark Souls does it with the different run and dodge animations based on your equipment load, from ninja flips to fast roll to mid roll to fat roll.
Of course, something like this would need to be paired with a dodge mechanic and an overhaul in melee combat to make it better than just walking up to an enemy and mashing M1

>athletics and acrobatics were dumb because every character ran and jumped. so all they did was mess up your level up planning.
That's just indicative of the shitty leveling system Oblivion has. You can design both skills to only level up under certain conditions, and with acrobatics it's barely even necessary because you never actually need to jump.

How would they do it?

AAAAAAAAA NO MORE PROCEDURAL QUESTS FUCK YOU NIGGER GO FUCKING ROT IN TRANNY HELL

no it shouldn't because then it led to classes like the generic warrior making it impossible to get a perfect level up because the major skills leveled up the character before the full attribute bonus could be achieved.
it was a terrible system and one that doesn't work when you could always level up any skill at any point in time.
and leveling up measures overall progress of a character so it makes sense that skills not used for a class also count but count minimally. like they do in skyrim.

G A M E B R Y O
A
Y
B
O
Y

The skyrim generation is loosing interest in TES and zoomer don't care for shitty graphics.
People will finally understand what a joke bethesda has become.
Can't wait for the bug compilation videos.

spotted the casual non min-maxer

For us hardcore gaymers, min-maxing is what it is all about and spell making provides the most out of of that since morrowind

Remember how big of a deal they touted "radiant quests"? Yeah. . . it'll be more of that.

No. Just make it so Solitude is actually a big city and not just 5 houses and make alternative, secret paths into the city that you can discover and use. Make it so that when you walk around with a hood the guards wont spot you right away even if you have a bounty unless you make a scene or talk to them. That way you would actually feel like youre in hostile land. Its just that Bethesda isnt nearly competent enough to code a system like that

>not wanting to reach 100 acrobatics so you can literally run and jump on the surface of water or lava
>not wanting acrobatics to be a skill requirement you need to hit to beat certain quests, take different paths, reach certain areas
>not wanting a bard based guild that was all about entertainment through speech, athletics, archery and acrobatics, requiring you to have at least 50 acrobatics to jump into their guild HQ
its like you don't like playing games
>bethesda eliminated levitation, a fucking great mechanic in morrowind that led to lots of hidden treasures and loot across the game, and then they removed acrobatics for good measure
will you even be able to jump in Skyrim 2

It wouldn't even be that hard really, they just need to make it extremely mod friendly, allow multiplayer at the core of the game instead of separating that shit out into another failed mmo style game as a service bullshit, and just give people the freedom to do what they want with the experience that they have already established in elder scrolls titles. The biggest problem they have to overcome is ditching their ancient outdated engine for something more stable and functional that can make the core gameplay more fun and interesting at the same time.

>has become

I mean they have been shit for quite a while. Oblivion really started the downfall.

>10 year meme
Yeah ask Destiny how that worked out.

>"use this perk to unlock adept spells"
Skyrim has no perks like this. You do unlock higher level spells for purchase just by reaching a certain skill level.

Yeah but they have wanted a piece of that pie for a hot minute now, which means they will definitely try to games as a service this shit in one way or another.

no it was fucking dumb.
if you want magic skills to add levitation and stuff then fine,
but just by jumping a lot leading to jumping entire blocks is retarded shit.

>Bethesda removes another 20% of the skills left over in Skyrim
>Sells them back to you via paid mods

youtube.com/watch?v=VIYthyp2lto
Please Todd, please tell me those little lies

Attached: 1478395064842.jpg (270x255, 30K)

Lol oblivion was fine as a game, what's really happening is that the ancient engine they use is really showing its age, it just didn't become super apparent until skyrim and fallout 4

you were playing in excel you retarded autist.
i would rather they add spell making back but made it actually good. like combining spell effects so an ice spell and fire spell make lava or something.
it has to be good visually. not shit glowing orbs.

Yeah I liked oblivion. But after that...

>T. Zoomer who doesn't remember when games were fun
sorry kiddo

just a climbing skill would be fine. i want skills to be things that it makes sense to start at 1 and improve. running and jumping don't do that for me.
it would be like adding eating and breathing as skills.

>jumping entire blocks
you mean by abusing an exploit that let you stack skills to retarded levels such as binging on skooma which granted you godlike speed and athletics, so you could hop a foot into the air but fly forward a thousand? that has nothing to do with acrobatics, except being able to jump
it also felt fucked up because of the engine causing everything to fall like treacle, so you'd jump 3 meters into the air at max acrobatics but take so long to come down you could clear some distances, assuming you had the speed and athletics to do it
but saying acrobatics is a dumb skill because it allows you to move around the map in a different way is fucking retarded, do you not like fun? one of the coolest mods for oblivion was a mod that changed your jump animations based on your acrobatics level, ending up at some ninja type flip at 100...imagine if bethesda brought that shit back, just for a nice change of pace. might make playing as an assassin or a thief fucking interesting, too

Well even oblivion was showing the engines age, just at that point it was still acceptable enough next to the other games that were around at the tine. Skyrim was even okay at launch, but it stuck around forever and it started to look ridiculous, and then fallout 4 was really the definitive "jesus you guys really are just putting a fresh coat of paint over this turd" kind of moment.

Attached: 1536881066739.jpg (480x542, 41K)

Exactly, Bethesda was lazy as fuck in their implementation of the systems, hence why the took the systems out, but from a gameplay design perspective it was great.

i could see adding ninja mechanics and abilities to different perks in an assassin skill or something.
but having a broad acrobatics skill that you level up by just jumping a lot no.

Agreed. The reason people gave Oblivion and FO3 a pass in terms of the engine problems is because at the time, there weren't any other games to compare them to. It was just accepted that this is the sacrifice you need to make in order to get a massive open world sandbox RPG. But then in the 2010s we started getting open world RPGs developed by other devs on other engines, and Bethesda's implicit excuse for their subpar quality started wearing thin.

>changing the combat
You've got a better chance of getting struck by lightning after you bought a winning lottery ticket.

I would tear out someone's liver with my bare hands for a combat upgrade.

user, you can be shit at running and jumping. They are actual skills, and therefore your comparison is retarded.

I just want leveling to be balanced. I shouldn't need to waste my time crafting/improving a bunch of bullshit look I don't plan on ever using just to get my smithing leveled up to improve the gear I actually care about. And "lol just don't minmax, bro" isn't an answer, because if you only smith the weapons you actually plan on using, you'll never get your skill high.

you raised it in oblivion, a basic game, by taking fall damage and jumping, getting training from NPCs and reading books that typically described techniques in writing I.E how to twist your body as you fall, how to plant your feet when you land etc, shit like that
a skill you develop over time by exercising it, what's wrong with that to you exactly? everyone ran around on skyrim / fallout by hopping constantly anyway, the only difference between them and morrowind / oblivion is you actually got something for it
if they bothered to develop the skill they could make it level up by having you reach really high points and landmarks in the game, like crackdown with its agility orbs only not gay, among other stuff...it doesn't just have to be from hopping

Par for the course. You shouldn't be able to become a grand master Smith by making 3000 iron daggers either, but that's just how it is

Dont tell me Yea Forums already forgot.

Attached: Returning_to_an_old_server.webm (418x360, 850K)

Well to be honest that's sort of how I play as well, in a manner of speaking I started the endgame of Skyrim accidentally. I tend to just RP different variations of myself though and I'm probably true neutral at best so I guess that fits well enough. Killing forsworn is a great way to combine my love of helping people with my love of hurting people.

Considering their track record with 76 and 4, I have a feeling TES 6 will be their biggest failure ever.

People are becoming less and less tolerant of bugs, shitty animations, awful writing and dumbed down gameplay. Especially considering Cyberpunk will release first and that's looking juicy as fuck, so Beth will finally have competition in the open world RPG meme.

TES 6 could very easily be their Mass Effect: Andromeda. I think if Skyrim released today (with modern graphics, to be fair), it would be shat on really hard. It's not 2011 anymore. Their shitty laziness and quality won't just be ignored because people are starved for open world RPGs.

If I were a betting man, I'd say this will be the end of the Todd meme.

Attached: 1505604422249.png (1200x1600, 493K)

>A NEW GENERATION OF INVISIBLE WALLS

Attached: while you still can!.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

because then what you want, assassin ninja and thief actions and abilities, are achieved by everyone because everyone jumps and falls. destroying a sense of role playing and creating a character.
if you want those things just have them be in a separate skill that makes sense for them to be in and level them up in a different way than just jumping.

and i still believe dumb shit like jumping 10 feet in the air shouldn't belong in the elder scrolls. yes there is magic and shit but it is still grounded. and one of the hallmarks of elder scrolls is that the player is basically another npc. and seeing other npcs jumping 10 feet in the air on the way to the tavern is retarded.

I hope you're right. People here tend to be pessimistic about what normalfags will eat up, but it should also be remembered that normalfags don't just keep eating the same shit indefinitely. If that were the case, they'd still be buying guitar hero/rock band and CoD and Halo would still be blockbuster juggernauts. Over time all trends fade and also competition pops up that puts older fads in their place.

Back in the late 00s and early 10s, Bethesda had a monopoly on the open world RPG meme. Now it doesn't. Hopefully they won't be able to keep getting away with their mediocrity, and it's also possible the massive backlash against FO76 will cause the masses to give TES6 the scrutiny it deserves as well rather than just blindly eating it up again.

yes if you are fat as shit.

>Ditching their ancient outdated engine
Everything of what you said was good but that, they need to UPDATE the engine, not replace it. No other engine is as mod friendly as creation, the reason why Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE are less mod friendly then the others is because they used a new animation and physics system (HAVOK) which fucked them royally, thankful their new studio Dallas is tasked with upgrading the engine with a new IN HOUSE engine parts for physics and Animation

i can't recall a single instance when another NPC has jumped in an elder scrolls game ever

except it basically was with skyrim se and skyrim switch.
and guess what. they become best sellers instantly wherever they put them out.

absolutely the latter

>When you come back to Wurm after a 3 month break.
EVERYTHING is different. Fun exploring abandoned places.

would it be retarded if all the npcs around you were jumping 10 feet in the air?

>implying acrobatics and athletics should be exclusive to thieves and assassins

You won't even get close olympic levels of running and jumping just by not being fat, it's not exactly a binary situation.

Or it's a massively replayable roguelike.

Fix the problem at the roots then and make jumping not retarded looking and actually practical. Being able to grab onto ledges for example so you dont need to jump 10 feet into the air, but just 3 and then grab onto the platform.

Exactly what i think. Oblivion was okay but after sticking the same tech for so long is stupid. And by now they don't even really finish any games anymore, it's just assets held together by strings and tape.
Working as a Programmer for bethesda must be fucking frustrating.

>SE and SSwitch instantly became best sellers.
Post source or begone. I doubt anyone beyond a couple thousand permautists that continue to mod the game to this day so it can have tits that bounce 0.1% more realistically bought SE, and I doubt Switch Skyrim was popular at all.

No, fuck that and fuck you. They've been "updating" their engine since morrowind. That's the entire problem. It's updates upon updates bolted onto a rotten foundation from far too long ago.

>b-b-but muh mods
You don't need to be gamebryo to be mod-friendly. And also 90% of the reason mods are even necessary in the first place is because of how shitty Bethesda's programming and engine are in the first place.

Yes, but why are you trying to apply the limitations of NPC's to that of the PC? It would also be retarded if they were capable of turning completely invisible by crouching in front of you.

Todd Howard was sent by God to punish us for the vice of playing video games.

Attached: 1456288976306.png (800x600, 513K)

I bet 100 bucks that the game will have an ingame Shop with premium currency for single player content.

no that would be cool and add a great dynamic to boss fights.
and like i said. the whole design behind the games is that the player is basically another npc with the same skills and levels.

is it retarded that you run around with infinite magicka, 1000+ HP, ability to sprint practically indefinitely, shout to jump through the air, while wearing armour that outclasses every other smith in the game, etc?

i want ledge climbing and stuff anyway.

God I can't wait for the prostitution mods.

>you can play for a decade
Meaning it will be online-only and the server shuts down in 10 years.

no because those don't include dumb animations.
and there are other characters like the ebony warrior like that.

Oh Todd. I have missed you.

Alright, your argument goes for EVERY DEV EVER, fucker RDR2 runs off an engine *older* then fucking Creation/Gamebro so fuck off

>Ebony Warrior
Literally one guy who doesn't even wear the actual highest tier of armor.
To go back to the acrobatics example that'd be like one special NPC in the whole game being able to jump 7ish feet in the air compared to your 10, and everyone is basically just normal or slightly better.

is spice and wolf getting a new anime?
I have seen an increase in Holo posting

magic users should get levitation and magical movement, warriors should get more tanky movement abilities i don't really know what, and thief like characters get the agile movement abilities.
makes perfect sense.

I mean he made a minor point about the moddability, and if what he said is true about them upgrading their engine, I mean really overhauling that son of a bitch then fine, sure, if they can make it work all the better, but they had better hope that if they do that they dont half ass it because the catch this time around is that if they just polish the same turd AGAIN and try to pass it off as a new game AGAIN then most people won't bother this time around, murders have spent the better part of the last decade polishing and fine tuning the last turd that they released, so if they dont stop their shit up, people just won't bother, I doubt they will do it, their track record speaks for itself, but I hope he is right.

steamstats.com

>Bethesda
>Creativity
>Sense

nylon bags aren´t cheap user, especially during the great nylon shortage of 2018

VR game.

radiant AI quest mods

so your whole point is focused on the fact as the player character in oblivion, you could hop into the air 10 foot, which looked like you were basically floating in water, thanks to the game being made decades ago?
and that if NPCs did it, which they can't and never have been able to, the world would look weird and fucked up?
acrobatics was fine, it took a long fucking time to reach high enough levels that you could jump around like a lunatic. it only got weird because
>game engine made you fall slowly, so you stayed in the air forever, not an issue in skyrim
>your movement speed even in the air was tied to athletics skill and the speed attribute, which led to stupid shit like you being able to make 90 degree turns in mid air
>all of this is only achieved at high levels, on two skills that take a long time and effort to train, and an attribute which you need to focus down, outside of the usual elder scrolls exploits like fortifying a skill
oblivion is retarded on so many levels, but removing the entire fucking skills of athletics and acrobatics because of one game is also retarded as well

To be fair Rockstar games show their age in some ways these days as well. I can't speak for rdr2 because fuck buying a console but gta 5, while having some great driving mechanics for sure, has some of if not the worst on foot physics and controls I have ever used in a game, ever. It's the biggest reason I dont play more of it, anytime you have to do anything outside of a car shit gets stupid and the controls feel so clunky and miserable it makes me hate playing.

Attached: Selection_062.png (589x489, 93K)

>>Elder Scrolls 6 is designed "for people to play for a decade at least
That doesn't mean shit.
Then again Todd is an expert of telling nothing and yet hyping people.

I did, I finished the main quest, and a few of the side quests that sounded fun.

Burnout is real and mods help change the game 100%

>daggerfall had a climbing skill too, which they removed, but could be bundled back in with acrobatics / athletics, even if they combined all the skills into one it would still be a positive addition
imagine if they actually started making the game have skill requirements again, along with loot you could only reach if you brought a certain skill set up
>light armour users could jump and mantle around with acrobatics and athletics allowing them to maintain it
>wizards could levitate the fuck up there no fucks given, or make a potion that boosted their stamina and skills
>warriors had to get cucked and buy potions or scrolls in order to do it
although considering this is bethesda the player would probably just carry like 200 cheese wheels while wearing rock armour and slowly climb up the wall while eating

Yea I get that, but if we really talk about engines and their age, really Creation/Gamebro is a modular engine, so it's really they need to go through and upgrade EVERY part of it and stop using thirdparty parts like HAVOK, because we all saw how animations looked for Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE

"[lies], Todd Howard says"

Has this man EVER spoken the truth?

Attached: 1556131743146.jpg (584x575, 50K)

Huh, why is there a Fleetwood Mac concert in this thread?

It means they won't be making another TES in 10 years

my whole point is that a entire skill just based on jumping is a waste of a skill. and if you want to have it expand it so it actually allows the player to do stuff rather than jump higher which doesn't even make sense.

>the guards wont spot you right away even if you have a bounty unless you make a scene or talk to them
This is literally how it works with small crimes. They do nothing until you talk to them or you do more crimes, and even then you can just end conversation and walk away.

:^)

in other words its a barebones engine with buggy gameplay so it can be easily modded by pornfags

You make it sound like there's a limit to the amount of skills that the devs gotta be afraid of.

This, lmao

The only two ways you can interpret that sencence are:

a) They'll leave it to modders to make the game for them
- will probably be monetized some how

b) They simply go radiosilent for a decade
- will probably release the same game 5+ times on the next two generations

Attached: 1546963832401.png (665x800, 553K)

Fuck you

how? You're not even able to own the PC, you just press P(L)AY and that's it.
Modding will die and the small and niche games from that will die aswell. You'll be only allowed to play what god google decides to give you :)

I personally dont care either way, I know that SE isn't as mod friendly as vanilla skyrim is, so I get why some people want them to stick with it, but I do agree that they need to really overhaul it if they intend to stick with it, its shit or get off the pot time with their engine, put the work in or ditch it for something better that hopefully they can make as mod friendly although I'm also a little suspicious of anything mod related anymore, I have this feeling they will try to monetize that type of crap hard in the next title either way, the one thing they cannot do is release another fallout 4 turd polishing and call it a new elder scrolls, it just won't fly again.

>drinking game quest
I never understood what was going on with that because I just persuasion rolled everything and nobody told me what the hell they were talking about.

Already he’s lying

Bethesda is relyung WAY too much on mods.

h-haha

Fuck off todd

I will be honest with you man. Skyrim's porn mods are really, really good.

>there's an entire skill about one thing
>you want to make it about more than one thing
>this doesn't make sense
are you retarded?

What's there not to understand? You did a bunch of dumb shit while piss drunk and unless you can sweet talk people they make you fix everything before they tell you where to search next.

Imagine trusting Bethesda after Fallout 4

Attached: 1557690108578.png (1000x1000, 124K)

>>Mod support out the roof

>>Oh that means they will remove mods?!?!

How did you come to that conclusion? user just said that there will be more mods than ever [out (of) the roof] OR live service model.

>jump higher -> doesn't make sense
are you?

I mean it's not they monetized mods, Creation Club is not payed mods like people think, their marketing team fucked up telling people the difference, but CC is actually a way for their people at Bethesda and other branches to get a bonus off a mod they make for the game.

no i just want skills to actually be interesting and useful instead of propping up skill counts in meme images.
like the progression of the block skill from morrowind to skyrim.

you meant to say Fallout 76, right?
I mean yea fallout 4 was shit but that's nothing compared to the travesty that 76 was

youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8

YESS TOOD! THAT IT!!!1! LIE TO MEEEEE!!
GIVE ME THOSE SWEET LITTLE LIES!!1!
UGGGMMHHH YYEAAAHHHH!!!1!

Attached: 1508196410005.gif (274x249, 214K)

I mean at least they have not abounded it compared to anthem

>Skyrim VR: 83

Oh no no no no
Guys you told me that VR was not a meme and was the future!!1!

Attached: 1559826481110.png (712x526, 240K)

Fallout 76 was a failed experiment by the B team, Fallout 4 was a legitimate full force game made by the best Bethesda has to offer.

He's right you know it

>20k people still playing Skyrim
How has the game not gotten boring yet

Attached: 1554188961165.jpg (400x400, 24K)

>acrobatics isn't allowed to have anything but better jumping
>blocking in Skyrim has shield bashing, disarming, charging and time slow
Why can't you just apply the same logic to acrobatics? Ledge grabbing was already mentioned, you could also have some perk that adds iframes to the jump and probably more if you think hard enough.

Wait, wasn't Fallout 76 meant to "last forever"?

i'm saying add stuff like ledge grabbing and i believe it is better to take it out if they can't implement that stuff.

If they can't add those things by now their game probably won't be worth playing to begin with.

autists love repetition

The answer is always mods

>wake up in the middle of nowhere
>talk to some npc and persuasion roll
>talk to follower and persuasion roll
>follow quest marker to some cave
To be fair, it seems that my specific follower just happened to be related to the quest.

But Anthem hasn't been abandoned yet
I didn't buy that shit but they're still desperately trying to patch that shit.
I even heard it might go F2P as a last ditch effort

When you think about it, Ladder climbing isn't even possible. Ledge climbing would brick the engine. Basically no cool stuff allowed. We do the same thing every time and get better at it.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

This is the dumbest fucking question I've seen in a long time.

I'll give you 3 reasons.
- Massive modding potential, even HL1 is still being modded to this day
- It's one of the only games of it's type
- porn

So it going to be nothing but radiant quests and a big fuckhuge map with next to nothing in it.

Attached: 1559712445364.jpg (958x539, 82K)

>You can play.... forever...