Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3UaXhe_XPsU?t=571
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Neutral sucks

not enough characters

It's not SFIV

Stubby normals on every character I picked except Karin

Think its pretty fun, oddly enough I enjoy spectating more than playing though

it was designed and tested by guilty gear players.

It's fine.

I tried getting into it and the game would just not work properly on my computer and I just gave up and refunded it because fuck spending 3 hours trying to get a game working on my computer, when I'm paying for the product

Attached: 1514652716318.gif (400x300, 899K)

Stubby normals, no neutral, nothing but mix-ups on each other's toes for 90% of the cast.

Lower skill ceiling
Encourages pushing buttons brainlessly in neutral for lucky CCs into 50/50s
Lack of 1f links and added buffering killed "excecution" and the hype surrounding it. Top-damage combos easy therefore always expected. No more hype for extremely skilled players landing incredibly tough combos (taunt jet upper) or notoriously excecution-heavy characters (poison, makoto, etc).
Top-end matches are a bore to watch because of how easy comebacks are gained. You either play perfectly and shut down an aggressive player with perfectly timed normals and booms (i.e Daigo's Guile), or you get clipped once with a CC and get unga'd to death (also Daigo's Guile).
Not to mention completely killing off USF4 from CPT gave pro players no choice but to play this shitty fucking game, and has basically held the FGC by the throat since the day capcom dropped this deuce.

>no proximity normals
>retarded hitboxes
>same one combo bc all combos are easy
>netcode
>hideous color palette
>ost is just boring orchestra shit
everything about this game is trash

Attached: z9uwatigz5v21.png (960x439, 263K)

>my kick goes through other dudes foot
>whiffs

Attached: 1218722732814.jpg (550x550, 26K)

Even if it was good I wouldn't play it. Most jewish fighting game in existence with DoA but atleast that game is free-to-play.

>playing online
>it hits
>nvm he crush countered you retard

We're in Tekken/Anime era right now, nobody gives a fuck about neutral.

I'm no expert at fighting games, all I know is it's not rewarding to win on and is infuriating to lose at because of how easily a round can go either way on a lucky Crush Counter or a bad guess.

Game is too up close and too much stuff is hitconfirmable so its a wakeup game rape fest and slow and boring

They had an opportunity to make a back to basics neutral focused game and then they added ccs, slow walkspeeds, stubby hitboxes, and tons brain dead neutral bypassing moves.

It's not as bad as 4 where every light normal could chain into a meterless full damage combo.

>could chain
you can't chain into combo reatarded 16 er

Attached: 1545314524728.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

because normies get triggered by DLC characters/stages/music/costumes etc and having to grind for a virtual currency

I mean, it's not a casual game, it requires some money and time investments, if you're not ready for that might as well not bother

Its not SFV carries the FGC.

Mike Ross said he didn't like and then by pure coincidence all of his fans suddenly stopped liking it as well and switched to Tekken which they also coincidentally stopped liking after he recently said it sucks too.

>No update in 7 months

Game is in "I am forgotten"-tier right now, Tekken and Anime are carrying the FGC once again until Capcom pulls a good fighting game out of it's ass.

They confirmed that the next update is after EVO
no idea how big its gonna be though

Guile's toe game weak

>Lack of 1f links and added buffering killed "excecution" and the hype surrounding it.
this is retarded

>They had an opportunity to make a back to basics neutral focused game
Which isn't what people want.

This image makes no sense. Difficulty of execution is a separate thing from choosing between different combo options.

if I wanted something retarded I'd play anime or marvel

>crispy execution and risk vs reward is retarded
Years of SFV has atrophied your brain. Here's some medicine.
youtu.be/3UaXhe_XPsU?t=571

It also implies that execution difficulty is the same as functions.

>oops you dropped your 1 frame link, unfortunately your opponent makoto was mashing ultra through the gaps and hits you with a 50% damage reversal into a knockdown into the blender

I'm just so fucking burned out on Street Fighter in general. It's like all Capcom wants to do is keep shitting out Street Fighter and letting their other IPs rot forever.

They would likely fuck up something like a Darkstalkers revival but I am just so fucking tired of Street Fighter, it's the same shit. Also SFV plays worse than IV.

People that miss USF4 never played it

>I'm just so fucking burned out on Street Fighter in general. It's like all Capcom wants to do is keep shitting out Street Fighter and letting their other IPs rot forever.
Nigga they've made two in the last decade

It's a sequel to a sequel to the fucking abysmal and shit controls SFEX game. Making SF use 3d graphics (even if it's still 2d gameplay) was a fucking awful idea because the gameplay and controls suffer heavily.

>Making SF use 3d graphics (even if it's still 2d gameplay) was a fucking awful idea because the gameplay and controls suffer heavily.
Care to back that claim up with some facts or are you just making shit up?

Capcom's only mistake was rushing the game out to get it's competitive league started, which made no sense as Ultra had at least another year and a half left in it.

That being said, any enthusiast that stuck with it from the beginning benefited greatly since it's the only "games-as-a-serivce" game that actually works for those types of players, I have every single character and haven't spent a single dollar outside my initial purchase, no grinding, just playing.

It's a 'first impressions are everything' situation, the game is great honestly, but it got nailed by a bunch of buzzwords that it will likely never escape, which will end up up benefiting Street Fighter 6.

3, 4, and 5 are all great.

>Capcom's only mistake was rushing the game out to get it's competitive league started
This, the launch was fucking embarassing

if they waited a year and released it in 2017 with arcade mode and all the season 1 characters in the base game, people would have fucking loved the game even if the gameplay was the same old shit

Honestly, if they wanted to release it that early and with such little content, what they should have done is just called it an early access beta with "Season 1" just being the final release.
Let people buy into the "beta" for like half price, that way on release new people will get everything for full price and early adopters could get the rest of the game for the other half that they hadn't paid yet.

Charging the early adopters full price and then kinda fucking them over with how much shit people got in AE at half the price while offering nothing as a thank you to the original players was kind of insulting. I preordered this fucking game and all I have to show for the entire shitshow of a first year is one of 50 fucking costumes for Chun Li

now i see where mortal combat got their janky animations from

>mortal combat

Attached: Dr-kawashima.png (193x258, 39K)

Because other game options.

Looking forward to fking granblue though~

tekken is mostly neutral tho

But Tekken is just a party game like Smash Brothers