Is it really THAT bad?

Is it really THAT bad?

Attached: EpicGamesStore_1400x788_115627d82416826e240d42891ede4afe7975ba19.0.jpg (1200x800, 31K)

As a concept, no. But the client itself is hot garage.

Their store's development roadmap has a goddamn shopping cart listed as 6+ months away

I'd rather get fucked in the ass than use the epic store

they give me free games that I can play with a switch controller if I launch epic though steam so its fine

Yes.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be competition. But the way they're trying to do it is beyond fag tier.

They're struggling to implement basic store features

They know the platform is utter trash, so they force people into torturing themselves with it by buying game exclusivity.

The RIGHT way they could have went about entering the market was launching a platform that shat on steam or at least provided a better/similar experience. Not by entering as that back alley random dude youd pay $10 for heart surgery

Yes, using an ungodly amount of money to bribe publishers to not release products to competitors instead of investing in your own launcher/store so it has basic fucking store features is pretty fucking bad.
Sucking tiny chink dick is also bad.

no
epic is based and redpilled

Is that an invitation?

As a conceptual competitor to Steam, no. But execution is everything, at the end is just a chink botnet

I think you mean chased and yellow pilled

Yes

Them throwing around Chinese V-bucks for client exclusivity is pretty shitty
Said client is trash too.

But a lot of the hate is pretty overblown

Piracy is superior in every fashion to any launcher program, and therefore the only reason to actually buy games is to support their creators. If you care about what .exe you launch to play games you don't actually own then you're a complete retard

No. It's worse.

Well hot damn, user! I look forward to vigorously and energetically protesting the Epic store with you!

Yes

Attached: bug spray.png (1544x2970, 1.35M)

>Is it really THAT bad?
>Chinks own 40% of the company
How is this even a question?

>tencent doesn't even have enough faith in the epic games store to offer any of their owned properties on it

That should tell you everything you need to know

Is it safe to install? Did they ever remove the rootkit that comes with the client?

According to Yea Forumsidya, yes.
Elsewhere, not really.
You and most anons know we despise Epic Games more than Steam.
>Inb4 "We" fucking really.

Wouldn't mind it at all if they just put their own games on it. It's the buying of exclusive rights from 3rd parties that makes me hope Tim Sweeney gets ass cancer so bad that it hangs out like a fleshy beehive.

objectively yes

Attached: PC store comparison.png (3535x1715, 227K)

I'm currently using onboard graphics because my gpu failed, and when opening this launcher my cpu usage and fanspeed skyrockets. doesn't happen with steam.

>As a concept, no.
>The concept is to strip consumers of power and give it to devs
>Great concept
Dumb nigger.

Why doesnt amazon or google do a laucher? It seems like an important service to be in hands of two shitty companies.

Gaming is too niche for those companies.

Amazon bought twitch. Cant believe they are more interested in streaming games than distributing them.

Oh well. I dont really care.

Actual retard right here. Both have dedicated branches related to gaming

Now that I remember, they do sell games either DRM-free or keys, but it's limited to the United States. And Alphabet has Stadia.

yeah, retard
based

Attached: 1559725161635.jpg (1024x958, 76K)

Is getting your private information, account and money taken for you really that bad?

Attached: 1463560802030.gif (320x240, 856K)

Epic Store at least 1 or 2 years away from being somewhat usable. Launching in its current state leads me to believe that they're afraid of Fortnite dying soon, and they wanted to do something while the iron was still hot

Sweeney is a filthy opportunist faggot

Now this is epic

Epic is great and it works... who needs all this listed shit. Less is more

1. Full of chinks. Tienamen square
2. Tries to force its way in by buying exclusives with fortnite money
3. Deploys shills here to damage control the store's shitty lack of features
4. Bugmen spyware
at least with burger spyware, it's for ads and marketing instead of having my card details used by some insect in hong kong

They just jury rigged the fortnite launcher into a store. There's so much spaghetti code that adding a new game is actually labor intensive. They don't have a shopping cart, a 2 decades old advancement in online stores. Their fraud protection suspends your account if you buy too many games during their sale. They are incapable of having both games on sale and not on sale so devs that didn't want to participate just pulled the games off the shelf.

>Less is more
EGS not having a shopping cart got a few accounts flagged for fraud because they bought too many games at once during their mega sale.

Attached: SURELY YOU JESTIN'.png (128x128, 16K)

Another piece of spyware from your friends in the people's republic of china.

oh great the epic shills are back. how much do you get paid to do this?

Attached: 1559755351457.jpg (1280x1745, 344K)

Ten cents per post

t. valve intern

No user, as it says in the name it's epic. Don't be fooled by Yea Forums, just install it rifght now and enjoy our epic games.

Attached: 1558096922911.png (1412x814, 1.39M)

Yes, because it's not trying to get into the market honestly but just trying to seize power for itself by ripping games off of other stores to get exclusives and generally being a shit store for the consumer, who matters the most at the end of the day

The only reason they haven't completely failed is because of Fortnite money

Every three days I get an alert that my account was unsuccessfully hacked.

No, ignore the bashing, this place is nothing but filled of steamdrones

10 cents per post, 50 cents per thread

>cant upload screenshots over GoGalaxy

I thought we could do that.

Yes. Fuck Epic, fuck Unreal Engine and fuck the Epic Store

Attached: EPICDAB.jpg (960x853, 96K)

Epic knows that their site is hot shit and can't compete with steam mechanically, so they game the system by holding popular games hostage with exclusives and dumping out free content to lure people into an otherwise inferior client.
Smart strategy, but likely not sustainable.

its the same as any other shop but more lacklustre, terrible client and doesnt add anything new into the market

does chinks like epic?

A smart strategy would be to flat out buy those studios out so they can not only pull their older games from steam, but to also not allow newer games to eventually go to steam. What they're doing now is not only unsustainable, but also pisses off the atypical gamer more than than, say, EA buying out and gutting a company.