Hollow Knight

What makes this game so fucking good?

Attached: Knight.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ell.stackexchange.com/questions/147318/the-1990s-vs-the-1990s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

exploration and atmosphere. I really hope combat will be better in silksong, contact damage in melee games is fucking retarded

mellow as fuck, beautiful art, lots of diverse environments to explore
basically 100% of what I want in a game

Attached: vg - BestGirl.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

tried and true combat system, upgrades that let you explore and revisit areas, and exploration in general are what hooked me.

it's Super Metroid with even better music and art and also you get to be a bug. what else could you want

Low Yea Forums standards

These. Also the small little details with character interactions make it feel on par with the Prime Trilogy's detail on lore and boss fights

It's not that good. I'm not a fan of the cryptic story and I would accept it if it was at least good but it's pretty mediocre and boring with no interesting themes. I don't like the character design either, too bland, simplistic and repetitive.

>lots of diverse environments to explore
literally all environments are the same, but recolored

Mellow atmosphere
Challenging
Decent amount of enemies
Lots of bosses
Lore

>widely loved
>it's not that good

y e p

It was probably your first experience with a Metroidvania. These games peaked with SOTN and La-Mulana for me.

This. And it's repetitive. The constant backtracking is extremely tedious. Station placement is too few and far between. The atmosphere is nice, though.

This is 100% accurate for these faggots that praise this game

nice argument, cope.

pogo jump. Literally always makes a game better.

Everything but Godmaster was great

My first Metroidvania was Super Metroid, followed by SOTN, Axiom Verge, Circle of the Moon, Aria of Sorrow, others. Hollow Knight is probably my favorite.

Then my second guess is that you started playing these games post-90's.

visual design, boss fights, music, and value for money

You're zero for two, friend. Super Metroid was probably my third most played SNES game after A Link to the Past and Super Mario RPG.

you don't post an apostrophe between the numbers and the s

Well, guess it's a matter of taste then. I haven't gotten anything out of these games past SOTN and La-Mulana that I didn't already get, or want, so for me Hollow Knight is an inferior retread, not unlike all the SOTN clones.

The gentleman named Ringo here says either way works:

ell.stackexchange.com/questions/147318/the-1990s-vs-the-1990s