Square Enix Releases Nearly Every ‘Final Fantasy’ Soundtrack on Spotify and Apple Music

geek.com/games/listen-to-nearly-every-final-fantasy-soundtrack-on-spotify-1790565/

>Earlier this year Capcom dropped a surprise treat for our ears by putting much of its classic video game soundtrack library on Spotify. The publisher made it that much easier to enjoy tracks from games like Street Fighter, Mega Man, and Resident Evil. It seemed like such an effortless way to please your fans with your back catalog that we were surprised more publishers didn’t do it.

>Well now another titan of Japanese video games is following Capcom’s lead. You can now listen to pretty much every Final Fantasy soundtrack streaming on Spotify.

>While not the first Japanese role-playing game, the long-running Final Fantasy series is arguably the biggest and most beloved. And people latch onto these games for tons of different reasons. Maybe they love the active time battle system. Maybe they have a crystal fetish. Maybe they know it’s all been downhill since the opera scene in Final Fantasy VI. Maybe they’re holding out hope for this Final Fantasy VII remake. Or maybe they just really love learning about the ultimate flavor experience of Cup Noodles in the most recent Final Fantasy XV.

>But the music in Final Fantasy games has consistently been excellent. The main composer of the series, Nobuo Uematsu, is a giant in the field, when he’s not fronting his own Final Fantasy band. They even made a whole rhythm game, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, about Final Fantasy music. One-Winged Angel! Suteki Da Ne! So many battle themes!

>And now it’s that much easier to enjoy these tunes for yourself. On Spotify you can listen to not just the soundtracks for the 15 main games but also songs from across the different spin-offs like Crisis Core, Dissidia, Tactics, and Brave Exvius. What a nice way to get Final Fantasy fans excited before the inevitable let down of Final Fantasy VII remake at E3.

Attached: ffspotify.jpg (1024x534, 529K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/track/1o69LFoxxbMjABrZjkpDFi?si=uUFEXbzmTQiCHOQQK1BC3A
open.spotify.com/album/0YoKsXbPaRl7KOtzdxfILY?si=XVsLb32NSj6AEpIAcq3F7Q
open.spotify.com/album/7gF39qK75YcmjgwgGwgqEc?si=QAtoBKKlTviOL7xAAY_jCA
open.spotify.com/album/0ybALTj5ofeahgnIPZqE3E?si=7qeVzH6rQ82Dsq8sv-LNoA
open.spotify.com/album/4aqcIEIQKK93MLdbNYwuI7?si=gH9Dl4z5QMiyoP3EWRuthw
open.spotify.com/album/0YoKsXbPaRl7KOtzdxfILY?si=kQvPt-DvRny7vExjqMHZ-A
open.spotify.com/album/5QbqDDyMFltIvMZaMnUyH9?si=JU9Pf5PlQbazKsX24C9dsw
open.spotify.com/album/3l2zhz3ABADf3d9l4g66h2?si=5mfw0E6FRm-u8L8eoCYwZA
open.spotify.com/album/5MJfrCx0S471JG9zyxXJjo?si=l8wI7hfjRlaOIu_m1vAxoQ
open.spotify.com/album/75wUZM2w087CXGXLvCm6Lc?si=khNxACW7Rd24iHA9rZTH7w
open.spotify.com/album/4iUrOb6XK1EL7x9tLEjPvR?si=jnTV9jW_RkufaAj8nqK7uA
open.spotify.com/album/4aqcIEIQKK93MLdbNYwuI7?si=TxadLgYdQnGpU1U4GU1CSA
open.spotify.com/album/6BZ5OlchiyWm9ozeUDbfAY?si=60SKcismQqCGZZgBGjhxCw
open.spotify.com/album/7FiTkze4L99yPAaU1FhhYO?si=m_D7IkewRPC92XsdvjIt6g
open.spotify.com/track/2G8tfTExxzpRKssKzKwDYV?si=QrGPdfwlQWuc-isioZNRhg
open.spotify.com/track/0nYDnOeXWsAuV0dqOxXXO5?si=UwViKsKQSDuPi602KTNbiQ
open.spotify.com/track/0u2DOByL0CghKtcvSkQAiQ?si=YcIon2t-Q3mytRUje6LmyQ
youtu.be/qtNbGSDRkkU
github.com/master131/BlockTheSpot
open.spotify.com/album/6hbfyUrnBUh55XnOX8hrQh
open.spotify.com/album/1cai5wVRM2H2OlZTRdQS7x?si=4xvVaNeJTPizsJz29CS-Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>they'll put it on spotify
>they won't allow it in Smash
fuck Square

Came here to post this

Who gives a shit, retard? You could just pirate them.

It's about time. What took them so long?

Are the Kingdom Hearts OSTs on there?

i can't find these albums on spotify. the only thing that shows up when i search dancing mad is remixes or arrangements still.

I found them by searching Nobuo Uematsu. They're being listed under him as an artist and not under Square Enix

ah, and it's all their japanese names too. that explains it.
i always figured the real blockage here from getting the music out was nobuo himself and not square enix as an organization.

For some reason the Spotify versions are currently using the Japanese metadata while the Apple Music versions use the English metadata.

Here's the link to Dancing Mad:

open.spotify.com/track/1o69LFoxxbMjABrZjkpDFi?si=uUFEXbzmTQiCHOQQK1BC3A

>Paying for music
Why?

are they locked behind premium or can anyone listen to them

Attached: 1550123262534.gif (206x213, 2.16M)

Anyone with a Spotify account should be able to play them.

It seems that the Japanese game industry was once reluctant to release their music on streaming services, but with Sega, Capcom and now Square Enix releasing their music there it seems they're now starting to open up and broaden their horizons.

Fpbp

>No Deezer

is spotify some stupid shit you have to pay for or what

Because Spotify lets you stream the songs without downloading them, while still letting you have the option to if you want. Even if you pirate all your shit, you’d still have to have the MP3s take up storage space anyway.

And you're not paying for a free account anyway. Still get premium though since it’s free through my job.

>Falcom
>Capcom
>any indie game imaginable
>now Final Fantasy

Pretty happy with my subscription desu

Seems just like Final Fantasy right now. I tried looking up Hitoshi Sakimoto (tactics) and Yoko Shimomura (kingdom hearts) and it only showed. Main series osts.

Mitsuda soon?

But you have to pay for Spotify. Then you have to pay for a high data plan on your phone so you can stream all that music. Why would you do that?

He's part of the new releases, although the only FF content he's ever composed music for so far is the Episode Ignis DLC for Final Fantasy XV. Hopefully his music from the other Square franchises will be up there soon.

open.spotify.com/album/0YoKsXbPaRl7KOtzdxfILY?si=XVsLb32NSj6AEpIAcq3F7Q

Everything with '光田 康典' in the artist tag is Mitsuda.

I get free high speed data on my phone and I listen to enough music and podcasts to justify the 10/month price tag for convenience

>pay for a high data plan
I’m so sorry user, I forgot that there actually are places where phone internet plans have use limits.

ATLUS where the fuck are you?

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING

Streaming 320kbps music is nothing compared to streaming HD videos.

Boomer here - how the fuck does Spotify work? I try it (the free version) and the closest thing it reminds me of is pandora where I try to pick the song I want to listen to, but instead just plays a "station" with songs similar to it. Which isn't BAD but I want to listen to the song that I want to listen to, not something similar. Spotify has "stations" as well.

Does the paid version let you play specific songs like... Netflix for music if Netflix had everything. I honestly don't fucking know.

>Does the paid version let you play specific songs

Both versions do that on the desktop, but requires premium for mobile.

Wait, what? Wasn't final fantasy's music a licencing hell even for SE?

you got these for free if you bought final fantasy xv

I guess I should have specified that I was on mobile. So you can get the "mobile premium experience" on pc for free; that is, play by the specific song of your choosing / make a playlist of songs like you would if you had the mp3s on your computer and whatnot, but you have to pay $10 a month (or the 0.99$ for 3 months right now!) to get that experience on mobile?

Isn't there something about a cracked apk file I can us to get free premium? Or is that a good way to get banned?

Well I'm definitely kicking myself for spending $70 to import Final Fantasy music from Japan now that it's all available effortlessly for streaming.

serves you right fucking weeaboo

>streaming
>one day square enix decides to change how a song sounds
>the original vanishes from the face of the earth

The only song we know has licensing issues is Eyes on Me from FF8, which is why it doesn't show up in any of the Theatrhythm games and shit. Anything else is just speculation.

That's why I don't understand zoomers and streaming - you don't own any of your shit! Why are you okay with that? Or they change things and you are powerless to stop it. Even with TV, they take out/replace music in shows because the licenses expired and aren't renewed. It's a bitch to find Northern Exposure and not get the dumb elevator music version of the show.

Nah you'll be right. Those will be superior to streamed music anyway.

Spotify costs me $1 a month

Time to play Balamb Garden on infinite repeat.

I'm about to go outside for a while, tell me which game's soundtrack I should listen to.

You're supposed to download or preserve shit you personally want to keep forever.

Could someone replace Sonic with Cloud on this image? It seems more appropriate considering

Attached: soniccuckkedmegabased.jpg (642x503, 107K)

Say hi to Selphie for me.

>All the OSTs are there
>All of the titles are in Japanese

Thanks Square-Enix.

Then why the fuck smash only gets two songs?

it’s mildly annoying but worth the trade off for the convenience. in the rare cases where that happens just track down the original, you know some autist has it backed up somewhere

So even remastered music is on there?

>wojak cancer
Fuck off back to plebbit and then kill yourself.

>someone makes a thread on Yea Forums
>salty fucking smashers and nintendo babies

take an ovaltine for God's sake

>Then you have to pay for a high data plan on your phone
Download all the songs from artists/games you like on wifi so you can have them in 320kbps. Even if you do want to stream music, in no way does it take a high data plan for it

Both XII's original and the remastered Zodiac Age versions are on there.

>Original
open.spotify.com/album/7gF39qK75YcmjgwgGwgqEc?si=QAtoBKKlTviOL7xAAY_jCA

>Zodiac Age
open.spotify.com/album/0ybALTj5ofeahgnIPZqE3E?si=7qeVzH6rQ82Dsq8sv-LNoA

>NES soundtracks are stereo split with everything severely panned to the left
Jesus christ

Attached: 1400967989828.png (284x284, 11K)

$1.5 for 3 months. basically free.

Unfortunately, seems that they’re missing for IV, but yes for I - III. It’s a shame, because the DS remaster versions of IV’s soundtrack are great, and the current version available at Spotify has stupidly short versions of SNES originals. Instead of looping each track for something like 3 minutes, they’re something like 1:40 etc.

SEETHING

Oh no what are we going to do when a mainline fucking Final Fantasy game's soundtrack is lost to time??? You fucking chump

Dude, if you log into spotify on your browser and have adblock you can literally listen to all its music for basically free.

>the entire FF13 trilogy

Oh boy, looks like it's time to get back to screenwriting again. My writer's block prescription has just been refilled.

Attached: pogchamp.png (800x450, 228K)

I used to use a cracked version a year ago before I got on the family plan with a few buddies. Literally nothing will happen to you. All my stuff even carried over when I went straight.

I know right?
Diplo made a song that had Justin Bieber rapping and it was fully released to the public and then he decieded to cut Justin Bieber's verse out after it was released and that version is pretty much scrubbed from the internet.
The Striesand Effect is a myth.

Missing like all of FFX-2 :(

wow what a loss

Nice time to add a bunch

oh, sweet

>data plan
lmao
I'd probably consider suicide if I lived in such a hellish dystopia

Is it not in Canada? I can’t find it

None of these links are working now?
What happened?

>FF XIII's sountrack
This is great. I just checked and the soundtracks are there. At least in the xbone app, however, shit can get kinda buried. You need to be specific to not have to search through a lot of shit. No wonder I couldnt find the Street Fighter soundtracks before. Also, its all in nip unfortunately. I cant read nip.
Still, Spotify isnt that great anyways. There is a band that I like that doesnt have all their albums there, and they took away my Love Live playlists.

Attached: 1555665413222.gif (506x516, 443K)

Does this work?

open.spotify.com/album/4aqcIEIQKK93MLdbNYwuI7?si=gH9Dl4z5QMiyoP3EWRuthw

Oh wow, the FFXIII OST has the Sayuri Sugawara tracks that aren't even available to buy in the iTunes Store version!

Huh, FFXV OST is better than what I remembered.

It's kind of a pain having to look for the OSTs like FINAL FANTASY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK thanks to all the unrelated cover shit already in Spotify, but still pretty cool to have.

Hope SEGA uploads something new to Spotify next.

Attached: 1442423049547.jpg (456x453, 53K)

Don't forget to check out the DLC music as well if you haven't already.

>Part 1
open.spotify.com/album/0YoKsXbPaRl7KOtzdxfILY?si=kQvPt-DvRny7vExjqMHZ-A

>Part 2
open.spotify.com/album/5QbqDDyMFltIvMZaMnUyH9?si=JU9Pf5PlQbazKsX24C9dsw

Attached: 206286J.jpg (2000x2000, 333K)

can I get a link?

You'll get the composer stuff eventually, but anything Utada I think still has that digital distribution ban. So no SIMPLE AND CLEAN.

>tens of millions of songs wherever you go; your desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, TV, speaker set and even your car
>your entire library is instantly synced across all of your devices
>share songs with your friends at the speed of light
>shared, collaborative and public playlists with friends
>follow and get updates about new releases from artists and subscribe to artist playlists
>see what all of your friends are listening to right now

Attached: 1471989337843.jpg (640x360, 177K)

Is Record Keeper on there?

>Final Fantasy XIII OST
open.spotify.com/album/3l2zhz3ABADf3d9l4g66h2?si=5mfw0E6FRm-u8L8eoCYwZA

>Final Fantasy XIII OST Plus
open.spotify.com/album/5MJfrCx0S471JG9zyxXJjo?si=l8wI7hfjRlaOIu_m1vAxoQ

>Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST
open.spotify.com/album/75wUZM2w087CXGXLvCm6Lc?si=khNxACW7Rd24iHA9rZTH7w

>Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST Plus
open.spotify.com/album/4iUrOb6XK1EL7x9tLEjPvR?si=jnTV9jW_RkufaAj8nqK7uA

>Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII OST
open.spotify.com/album/4aqcIEIQKK93MLdbNYwuI7?si=TxadLgYdQnGpU1U4GU1CSA

>Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII OST Plus
open.spotify.com/album/6BZ5OlchiyWm9ozeUDbfAY?si=60SKcismQqCGZZgBGjhxCw

Attached: lightning.jpg (1460x821, 113K)

open.spotify.com/album/7FiTkze4L99yPAaU1FhhYO?si=m_D7IkewRPC92XsdvjIt6g

Attached: 619%2BdX-bYbL._SY400_.jpg (400x400, 53K)

Top bops.

Thanks

>So no SIMPLE AND CLEAN.

That's actually on there.

open.spotify.com/track/2G8tfTExxzpRKssKzKwDYV?si=QrGPdfwlQWuc-isioZNRhg

As is Sanctuary

open.spotify.com/track/0nYDnOeXWsAuV0dqOxXXO5?si=UwViKsKQSDuPi602KTNbiQ

and Don't Think Twice.

open.spotify.com/track/0u2DOByL0CghKtcvSkQAiQ?si=YcIon2t-Q3mytRUje6LmyQ

Attached: hikaru-utada.jpg (704x396, 29K)

Stop talking about Square-Enix

They're fuckin' dead to me

I guess that was only in the case of the games since there's no digital versions of the KH 1.5 and 2.5.

Fucking poorfags fuck off

When's the Bandcamp release?

No.

So, what are you?

FF fan? KH fan? Old Enix/Squaresoft fan?

Attached: 1422428959217.jpg (370x351, 18K)

FUCKING ATLUS WHEN

Attached: Atlus_logo.jpg (1609x435, 127K)

This. ATLUS, where you at?

This youtu.be/qtNbGSDRkkU

P5 is on iTunes, poorfags

$20 it's a Chronofag.

iTunes is shutting down tho.

Real Emotion where? 1000 Words where?

Nope, the store will still be available in the new app.

Thanks man this is some good shit right here will use this on my upcoming trips I have to make for work.

>streaming
>paying for streaming
>paying for streaming music
Why don't you have your favourite OSTs and albums already downloaded?

Attached: 1527689203763.jpg (340x510, 53K)

Because I'm not a poorfag

>Real Emotion
Look up Kumi Koda on Spotify, should be there.

HOW DO I LOOK FOR IT
I CAN'T FIND ANY OST FUCK THIS SHIT

>he doesn't have a 3TB HDD
But you are?

Attached: 1520884386676.jpg (800x610, 67K)

Already do for vidya albums.

For individual vidya/anime songs, Soundcloud.

And for everything else in music, Spotify.

Attached: 1468074864114.png (981x981, 121K)

I bought them, yes.

Whatcha working on, user?

1.5 + 2.5 for PS4 is on PSN at least

I NEED Four Fiends of the Elements!

Maybe they can convince Disneed to put KH on there too.

FUCKING BASED IM LISTENING TO
WORDS DROWNED BY FIREWORKS
ON FUCKING
SPOTIFY

ALSO FUCKING JUDGEMENT DAY

BASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
I LOVE FF7 OST SO MUCH

I have a jpopsuki account for torrents and one for amazon jp if I want to buy mp3s from idol games no one cares about. But Spotify has a ton of music on it. Anime soundtracks, game soundtracks, normie music. It sucks a bunch of artists I like are region locked but I get around with putting them on foobar.

tfw no yuna ballad and no memory of lightwaves

How can you tell what you're looking at if you don't know japanese?
Trying to find anything is impossible.

>Paying
github.com/master131/BlockTheSpot

FFIX soundtrack changed “Protecting My Devotion” to “Something to Protect”

Or was it always the latter?

you have to play the game and guess where is it

It's been the latter for a while at least, since that's what it was listed as in Theatrhythm.

I didn’t play that game much, so now it makes sense.

>No translate feature whatsoever

why can't i see ffix album in nobou uematsu profile?
i had to look for it

If you go under search just put ‘Final Fantasy Original Soundtrack’ and select albums to see nearly everything

Some of the albums have ‘various artist’ instead of Nobuo.

This
tHis
thIs
thiS

Album titles are in English, song titles are in Japanese. How do you view them in English?

That's how Square Enix submitted them. Hopefully they will correct it soon. The track titles are in English on Apple Music.

open.spotify.com/album/6hbfyUrnBUh55XnOX8hrQh

VIII is in english

VIII and IX might be the only ones with the English titles. I think they uploaded most of them as the Japanese release, but IX has both the English and Japanese albums on Spotify.

Let me know when some one gets a torrent of all of this up.

Did Tactics make it?

open.spotify.com/album/1cai5wVRM2H2OlZTRdQS7x?si=4xvVaNeJTPizsJz29CS-Vg

what do i search for just "final fantasy?

'Final Fantasy Original Soundtrack'

SEGA, put the fucking Yakuza and SMT soundtracks on Spotify and Apple Music already. Fuck

Attached: 1559084929482.gif (345x237, 1.86M)

THIS

Fpbp

it's not new. these were already available for torrenting, just not streaming.

God damn. Square Enix really is gearing up for this game. It's finally fucking coming soon!!!

Attached: 1558569201912.png (1200x1183, 696K)

Been a long time.

Too long.

Not much longer.

Attached: aerith_gainsborough___midgar_slums_by_sora_phantomhive_d5qk0ip-pre.jpg (729x1095, 74K)

what about google music

Attached: 1540536056271.jpg (149x155, 29K)

No deezloader :/

Oh yes, please Square Enix.

We're going home.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

Attached: aeris turn.jpg (433x650, 67K)

Cool, hope they bring the TWEWY OST over
Best music in any game I've played.