Grandia HD Collection

Get in Here and post Sue!

siliconera.com/2019/06/05/grandia-hd-collection-will-come-to-the-nintendo-switch-on-the-same-day-pcs-get-grandia-hd-remaster/

Attached: Sue_Visual.jpg (558x702, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usgamer.net/articles/heres-a-full-list-of-changes-coming-to-grandia-and-grandia-2-hd-remaster-for-switch-pc
youtube.com/watch?v=zoactLpR29A
youtube.com/watch?v=wd9NP0nWOTA
youtube.com/watch?v=pmpQSxp5hKQ
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42291359
youtube.com/watch?v=VIo1Hzuw9t0
youtube.com/watch?v=lsUTnvYrUzk
youtube.com/watch?v=o8fVoScuLg4
youtube.com/watch?v=e-cIVEkJXGU&t=623s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Really hope it's physical on Switch.

Never played first Grandia. It is time to fix that.
Grandia 2 is one of my fav RPGs, and I liked Grandia 3. Xtreme is such a piece of fucking shit, on par with "games" such as Lunar Dragon Song and Trails series.

Is it true they're basing Grandia 1 off the superior Saturn version? I want to finally play it in English.

Really hope for jp language. English dub left a lot to be desired

Yes

Been waiting for an update for so long.

They're announcing details during e3, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they just released it during the nintendo show.
No better time unless they want to wait for christmas, which if I'm right would be pointless since I think it's going to be a digital only game.

Attached: grandia.jpg (780x766, 218K)

Should I emulate this now or wait for the remaster?

Both are based on Saturn and Dreamcast respectively and both are dual audio.

Fucking based. Gonna get super comfy playing this on my Switch

Attached: grandia wallpaper phone.jpg (640x1197, 434K)

Wait, Saturn version of 1 is vastly superior to PS1 but it has no English translation on Saturn.
Remaster is based on Saturn.
Dreamcast emulation of 2 is also finnicky but DC version of 2 is best, remaster again uses Dreamcast as base for 2.

Getting 99 skill level again? With no speed ups will be tedious as hell. Doing it makes your character so strong that a Zero weapon is enough to destroy everything afterwards.

>another remaster of LGBT chink garbage
woah, exciting.

Attached: .jpg (618x410, 45K)

interesting, I didn't know that

Retard.

Attached: 2018-05-21_15-26-07.png (202x176, 80K)

I mean... if you get your weapon and magic levels even halfway to 99 you've already broken the game.

What in the, I say what in the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 1530633392715.png (1280x960, 554K)

I spit on your ancestors.

Both Grandia 1 and 2 are historically SEGA titles with atrocious Sony ports.
Note the completely fucked up tilesets and lower resolution on PS1 for example (both taken at native res).
Grandia 1 and 2 on PS1 and PS2 are also notoriously buggy.

Attached: 1498922348532.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

What's even the point? It's not like you need to be all that strong for the optional bosses and Time Gate only needed 99/99 due to a bug. Assuming the remaster fixes it then you only need 35/33 for it.

Also lack of shadows, obviously.

What the fuck is wrong with her legs.

Attached: 3V7oqYT.png (1279x617, 731K)

Attached: q7xwmI9.png (1277x585, 1.28M)

Also, here's a sneak peak at remastered cutscenes in the remaster.

Pic related, original cutscene from Saturn.

Attached: DlaF_ddU0AAXa7p.jpg (960x720, 71K)

And pic related, HD Remaster.

Attached: DlaGCgWVsAEY20x.jpg (1131x842, 294K)

Its Time Gate and autism I guess. Weapon skill level grinding largely depends on the skill you use so its easy, elemental skill level grinding is a bit harder, especially Earth. Casting Diggin for hours is hell, I just wish there is a way to automate commands.

yo guys, i'm super excited, but how do you know the remaster of grandia 1 is based on the superior saturn version?

so far they only said it has improved graphics and textures (whatever that means).

Neato.

Attached: 1506326226555.gif (331x197, 1.91M)

From the original announcement from last year.
usgamer.net/articles/heres-a-full-list-of-changes-coming-to-grandia-and-grandia-2-hd-remaster-for-switch-pc

And before anyone complains about different colors/brightness, the Saturn/PS1 video was heavily compressed with MPEG1 that completely raped the colors.
Here's the more or less same scene from the manual scan, the scan is faded a bit from age but you can see it's nowhere as pitch black fucked as the Saturn/PS1 encode.

Forgot my pic.

Also here's a video of Saturn vs PS1 at native resolutions both (no emulation):
youtube.com/watch?v=zoactLpR29A

You can see that in addition to fucked up tilesets and missing shadows, PS1 also has low-res static 2D backgrounds while on Saturn they are actually mix of 2D (higher res than PS1) and 3D elements overlayed on top.

Attached: DlaNuN_U0AAWKAy.jpg (1757x1280, 414K)

>What's even the point?
I remember Feena gets 1 or 2 special abilities if you get two stats to 99.

>Casting Diggin for hours
ugh I did not enjoy that.
The aoe earth attack costs lv2 mp I believe, but it was well worth using over diggin just because it does something marginally useful even if the animation is dog shit slow.

She gets Time Gate.

The one improvement of PS1 is that characters cast proper shadows (everything else is still missing shadows compared to Saturn) instead of blob shadows like on Saturn.
Though since the remaster is supposed to take code from both Saturn and PS1, we might see them take best of both worlds and implement the better character shadows of PS1.

Grandia is the only JRPG I've ever relaly loved. It really captures that sense of adventure.
And by god, that music
youtube.com/watch?v=wd9NP0nWOTA

I have an original promotional poster framed on my wall, which I bought in Japan for 105 yen.

If i love dragon quest will I enjoy grandia? Seems comfy

Very much yes, but the combat system is basically a variation of ATB from Final Fantasy.

I fucking love Grandia, but that just looks worse, to be honest.

>tfw Grandia 3 is forever stuck in legal limbo because Square Enix owns publishing rights to it

(You), fucking neck yourself and see you inbred nigger mudslime cockroach

I forgot what spell is that, I thought it might be quake from 2 or something.
Well, one factor in getting more skill exp is from how many targets you hit so diggin hitting 4 units, at later levels is just 4 points, around 25 cast before leveling up, I can already imagine the pain.

I hope they'll give Lunar the same treatment

Attached: 1541992768284.jpg (1024x768, 277K)

ah yes, 144p with fucked up colors and crushed blucks
*sips*
now THATS quality
*sips*
they don't make them like they used to
*burps*

Attached: boomboom.jpg (749x749, 81K)

Lunar is already in SteamDB and they registered a trademark for it recently so it's probably coming after this.

You mean this?
youtube.com/watch?v=pmpQSxp5hKQ

I never did finish Lunar 2 Eternal Blue

Not talking about the resolution. The sharpness, contrast and colours all look awful. The resolution did hide the atrocious 3D renders, though.

>used to be that you couldn't go anywhere without tripping over a Lunar remake
>even when WD went belly up Ubisoft kept up the tradition

Dragon Song really fucked over that franchise something fierce.

That's the shitty PSP remake that nobody wants.
When people ask for Lunar remaster they generally mean Sega CD original or the PS1 remakes.

>The sharpness, contrast and colours all look awful.
you mean exactly how they should, Grandia is notoriously bright and vibrant, color-rich series and not shitty grimdark edgefest like Shit Souls.
Fucking kill yourself and fuck off from this thread.
The remaster literally uses original source videos, you don't get more faithful than this.

What's wrong with the PSP remake? I thought it was good.

Completely fucked up sprites/tilesets.
They are objectively inferior to PS1.
Also fucked up portraits in Dark Age of Anime art style.

>removed jokes
>easier
>Boat Song is changed

Grandia 2 has best story, medicore ending.
Grandia extreme has best system, worst story
Grandia 3 has best music, shitty story and inferior combat
Grandia 1 was average all around

Very cool! Grandia is a charming franchise.

Pls share that wonderful wallpaper user.

>wanting Working Designs' shitty unfaithful "translations" back

Yeah I think it was called quake, and it's in G1.
Decent spell with a low lv2 mp cost and pretty big aoe, so yeah you can hit a lot of targets with it and get tons of points and points gained doesn't drop off a cliff as fast as diggin.

Why did they make that?
They couldn't have possibly taken one look at what they made and said with seriousness "yep, this is good. lunar fans will LOVE this!"

It's one of those things in which it would have better to get literally nothing.

I unironically think it's the best JRPG ever and it has made it difficult to play Grandia after

Every time someone uses a skill there's some loading. Even shit skills like throwing a rock.

It looks horrible. It doesn't look vibrant at all. It looks overbright and washed out. Sorry about your eyes, user.

Lunar SSSC is my favorite JRPG, so... Yeah.

Kill yourself boomer, nobody cares about your trash generation.

Kill yourself vic

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42291359
That's the source picture

Everything

Man, I miss the sense of adventure JRPGs used to have.

Attached: wa1 OST.jpg (1412x1412, 671K)

You probably want to play it with JAP voices. Don't worry, if we get remasters, Sony will censor them so you won't have to read terrible fart jokes. And Kyle will drink Dr Pepper instead of beer.

>Two Dragonmasters
>no fucking Sword of Althena
>bad guy isn't even fought, dies in front of you and deprives you of EVEN THAT
>can't choose your attack targets
>have to literally toggle your experience gain on/off
>a million more kinds of niggery
you would think they didn't consult with huge fans of the game at all
then again it was probably "write shit on paper and I GUESS we'll maybe probably not look at what you wrote"

>implying the dub was even the problem with working disaster releases

I hope they give us the Saturn version of Walking School

you faggots from /vr/ are annoying sometimes.

Grandia 1's voice acting is terrible in either language.

>no PS4
Oh well never mind then

Oh fuck
I didn't know this was happening. God damn might need to buy a console. Grandia 1 > Grandia 2

Attached: 1516594773665.png (990x798, 738K)

It's coming to PC

It would just be censored anyways

Well their twitterfeed is 95% "where is PS4??" So i think they have made a grave error but whatever i guess, the original still exists.

>terrible
youtube.com/watch?v=VIo1Hzuw9t0
Honestly, it could be far worse.

this is a good point

>Sony
>Censor a PC/Switch exclusive
lmao

Time to move on. Playstation is no longer for JRPGs. Switch/PC is where it's at now.

Attached: 1559694379153.png (1224x674, 1.25M)

Honestly I wouldn't even say that most of the voice acting is all that bad (though I do have lower standards on this than many people), but the voice acting at the end of the game is unforgivably bad.
We're talking the voice acting budget running out and was LITERALLY phoned in kind of bad.

you'll love it.

it's in the top 5 of best jrpgs of ALL TIME. seriously.

>3 has inferior combat
You're going to need to explain this one.

>two platforms
>exclusive

retard?

>the voice acting at the end of the game is unforgivably bad
Huh. Maybe I just don't remember that at all.

It's console exclusive you inbred monkey

>time to move on

No, they just wont get my easy money. Its ok, the original exists. If they thought i would buy a switch for this, whoops.

Me and user were talking about possible Lunar remaster. You fucking retard.

That will be PC/Switch exclusive too.
Source: I work there :^)

Its money on the table you mean

Just buy it on PC then.

Sucks for you then. Most people have PCs capable of playing 20+ year old games. Enjoy being locked to your cuckstation and playing games only Sony approves of.

No i play on PS4. In anycase, they hate free money oh well. Its clear from their social media that their fanbase want PS4 but sure.

Yeaaah.. I can see that now.
youtube.com/watch?v=lsUTnvYrUzk

It's on PC so is a easy pirate.

Stop portbegging. It's sad.

Fact is, if this were also coming out on PS4, it would outsell the switch and steam versions. Simple as.

user it's okay you don't need to be so salty.

No will go play the original. I just accept it when companies make retarded choices and play something else, but i will point it out.

Then why did they skip your censorstation4 user

I like it. In English it reminds me a lot of a saturday morning anime dub. Gives me feelings of nostalgia. Japanese is also fine, the only annoying voice is Justin because he sounds like fucking Naruto.

>switch is the inferior version
No surprises.

OH FLAME BURN 'EM

Same reason retards once tried to make games like Resident Evil Nintendo exclusive: retards hate money.

BURN BABY BURN

Facts aren't feelings user.

Switch ports almost always outsell PS4 versions, including recent RPGs like Tales of Vesperia. Why would Grandia be different?

why is her right leg backwards

>almost

>it reminds me a lot of a saturday morning anime dub
Exactly my thoughts. Especially those cheesy lines they shout when they cast spells. I love it.

Because most of the Grandia fanbase came from PlayStation and currently most of the measages on their feeds are asking where the PS4 version in particular is.

>Switch ports almost always outsell PS4 versions
hue someone post that image

Welp, nevermind then. Time to replay Grandia for the 5th or so time

Sony, with its standards today, would never allow this.

Attached: Grandia_Gals.png (480x272, 102K)

You sound like a salty ass console warrior. I've been a PSfag since the PS1 but Playstation is a shit platform for Japanese devs now. I don't blame them at all for dropping it. We'd have to wait even longer for it to come out while the devs try to pass all of Sony's fucked up inspections and remove all the problematic content from the original.

Oh fuck. I thought this died. It's actually coming out? Are there any trailers or screenshots? I want to see what they changed.

Looks like we'll see more at E3.

>German localization dubbed only some of the cutscenes, leaving the rest in English
>sometimes you have both dubs playing at the same time
>translated counter as "Zähler" (number counter) instead of "Konter" (counter attack)
Man, localization was a mess here.

nana a cute

So, some people will skip this game just because it won't be released on their favorite platforms?

This is what trophy hunting does to people.

What's better about the Saturn version besides the graphics?

saturn has a almost near nude scene of felena

I'm replaying it now.
Fantastic game

Attached: Grandia (USA) (Disc 2)-190605-212849.png (960x720, 724K)

i made it to the last dungeon without using any magic and also only using the default type weapons for each character.

as in, sword for justin, daggers for rapp, etc. I never had them use other weapons.

I severely fucked myself over because you can't leave the end dungeon and I sold all my other weapon-types. so I couldn't level up an axe to learn other mixed abilities, etc.

I also had to severely grind by casting spells over and over. Literally my elemental magic levels were like 1 or 2.

I literally spent hours upon hours on hours grinding my levels and magic just so I can beat the last boss.

Insane

soul/soul

I couldn’t get past an hour of it because battles were OUTRAGEOUSLY slow.

I'm hyped

The best version is the Japanese Sega CD version, unfortunately that limits the audience a fair bit. US Sega CD with the Unworked Design patch is fine but you get stuck with the shit translation. If the PSP translation ever got back ported to Sega CD or Saturn that would be best.

>An exact date beyond “coming soon” has not been announced
Fuck

Attached: __feena_grandia_i_and_etc_drawn_by_kousaku__7f79b19d02b944fcf5b0530fe570906b.jpg (516x729, 54K)

Ok can someone redpill me on Grandia? I literally know nothing about this series.

Good combat fun characters decent plot just play it m8

Shit yeah man. I never played 1 but I'll totally pick up a collection for that.

I dunno, this seems like more the dialogue/scripts fault than the VAs. The awkward pauses make no sense.

BLAZE GREATLY OH FLAME

Tell me more about this purple hair chick

Grandia 1: Wonderful PS1/Saturn era RPG with going on a grand adventure as the main theme with a good combat system. Play it for the characters and sense of exploration/adventure.
Grandia 2: Great game with a solid cast and decent plot. Play it for the world building and characters though the grand sense of adventure isn't as strong but the cast is better than G1. Ryudo/Millenia alone are great.
Grandia 3: Trash. Unfinished and badly written. The plot is crap. The main points are combat is the most polished it's ever been and the music is decent. It's best you avoid this one.
Grand XTREME: Fuck I don't even know what to tell you about this one. The voice acting is horrible, the plot is almost irrelevant, there's no exploration involved since all you do is head straight to the dungeons then come back to a small hub area. The only positives are it has a solid combat system arguably better than 3's and the music is decent youtube.com/watch?v=o8fVoScuLg4
If you've never played them, get the HD remasters since 1 and 2 are often considered the best of the 4 games anyway.

>The voice acting is horrible
the best part is that there is no way to skip any of the dialogue in Xtreme

I didn't even know there was an xtreme, let alone a 3 until a few years ago. 1 was based though.

>no parallel trippers
What kind of historian are you?

Saki best girl

did you want him to pretend to have played a Japanese only game?

No, but acknowledging it exists is good if you're giving someone an overview.
It was GBC only and involved kids from the real world going to Grandia world or some shit. Sounds comfy.

Reminder that Abraham Lincoln canonically exists in Grandia 3's universe

Attached: lincoln.jpg (2048x1792, 721K)

a true connoisseur

the game has a lot of soul.
thats all you need to know.
if you arent a burned out neet you will enjoy this game a lot

Attached: Batman approves.gif (500x420, 230K)

Oh shit, my bad. I forgot cause it's Jap only but it has a translation.
Parallel Trippers: Basically G1 but on gameboy. It happens after the first game. It manages to do ATB on GB which is neat. It has the cast of the first game and is pretty charming in it's own way. It plays like if Zelda had random battles. Worth trying honestly.
I still remember playing up to the cat girl going "Eek, oh no!" and being actively shocked at how bad her delivery was. It's beyond low quality anime VA standards.

>he's played it
You're awesome. That actually does sound fun, yeah.

Reminder the only real way to play Grandia is on the Saturn and half the game is translated and playable.

Attached: grandia.png (352x486, 110K)

HOLY SHIT

Attached: FINA.gif (124x126, 5K)

>It manages to do ATB on GB
you mean like Final Fantasy style?

Ryudo seems like he is a 10/10 character

Attached: ryudo_it_will_be_fun_grandia2.jpg (500x375, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=e-cIVEkJXGU&t=623s
Check this video for the best example. It is like FF or the first Grandia. There's no meter like FF though, instead your characters and the AI go down a sort of bar until someone lands at the end and gets their turn. You can cancel an enemy's move/slow down their turn with your own attacks though unlike FF which makes up the brunt of the Grandia series combat.
Ryudo and Millenia both make the game 10/10 with their individual banter. Keep talking to the pink haired lady with Millenia on tow if you want a good laugh.

This was my first experience of video game kino

Holy fuck I have never played this

Nice

Are there other games that use the same battle system? If not, why not?

I described the battle system to someone, with emphasis on the ability to cancel enemy attacks, my favorite part. He said it was exactly like Child of Light. I tried it but didn't enjoy it.

Attached: meh.png (620x420, 399K)

I have this feely on my wall

Attached: Grandia Cloth Map.gif (1505x1098, 1.42M)

Unusually high quality wallpaper

Attached: Grpsn_wall_01B_1920.jpg (1920x1200, 293K)

Lunar was always the better series.

Attached: ☺.gif (333x263, 1.76M)

Is that.... D-does her foot normally do that?

Attached: 1423350770582.png (640x480, 442K)

Confederate flag

tried to replicate that pose and now I wish I didnt

No Grandia Xtreme

0/10

>ebay "grandia cloth map" for the hell of it
>$100

Well, I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Attached: stocking.png (650x561, 472K)

>TFW you recognize a lot of the shit on here
>Can see the train from Parm, the ghost ship, the mermaids from the end of Disc 1, the Great wall, the petrified forest and can even see the rainbow spring that leads to Alent
Based, I wish I had this too.

Wait what?

Attached: pepewojakstaring.jpg (229x220, 11K)

I feel like the ocean in between the 1st and 2nd disc should be bigger. Still pretty cool though.

I got mine from YAJ for like 3k yen and used a proxy with other stuff. In retrospect, I wish I had bought the full original game CIB.

>powerful steamboat
>vs
>a wooden raft
Sounds fine to me

Grandia 1 is one of the greatest RPGs ever made kys yourself

I picked up a PS1 copy of Grandia for $5 from a closing Coconuts shop.
Felt good. I still have it sealed, since I owned the game already. I wonder if it's worth anything.