Is something wrong with me

Picked up Skyrim for the Switch a few days ago. Believe it or not, first time playing the game because I never had a system that could handle it.

I've been playing it off and on and, it's just not clicking. My friends all recommended me the game and I thought I'd instantly fall in love because I've heard so many good things about it but like, it's not clicking for me.

Is something wrong? I kinda want to enjoy it but I don't even know where to begin.

Attached: ss_5d19c69d33abca6f6271d75f371d4241c0d6b2d1.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

>Is something wrong?

Yeah, you got it on a platform that doesn't have mods.

Why didn't you listen? Bethshit games can only be enjoyed with heavy modding.

>Is something wrong with me
>Picked up Skyrim for the Switch
You answered your own question, OP.

I don't think it has anything to do with the system. I guess yeah mods aren't in it but if a game I own has mod support I don't add mods until after I beat the main game. I like experiencing the games in their natural state first before I change things.

Why isn't the Switch version good outside of mod support?

Is mods only available on PC? I don't have a PC that can play this game. Only console I have is a Switch.

>I don't even know where to begin.
You ether do the main quest objective or just randomly explore. The same as Fallout 3, it's not rocket surgery.

That's how I feel about nearly every game released in the last 10 years.

I’m guessing its your first Elder Scrolls game. Otherwise you’d know what to expect. Really showing your casualness OP.

Could you be more specific about whats “not clicking”? Its a 7 year old Western RPG. You wander around, talk to NPC’s, do quests, kill monsters, go into caves for loot, occasionally fight a dragon. Thats fucking IT. Theres nothing to “get”. If you don’t like this game, then you just don’t like WRPG’s.

Its nothing to do with the system, it's just that skyrim is absolutely no fun at all

Just explore and talk to people.

Don't listen to him. You don't actually "play" the game. You simply mod it over and over and over and over and over and over until you get bored. You will never actually "play" the game, only thing you will do is look at pretty graphics and create sluts.

Yeah it's my first Elder Scrolls. It's actually my first Bethesda game period.

A lot of the games I like are obscure or people usually assume is casual but I play games a lot. I just don't really play a whole lot of western AAA titles

its only fun if you completely overhaul and lewd everything with mods

I’m not sure what you were expecting from this game OP. Its a pretty simple premise. It can seem overwhelming at first, but just enjoy the freedom the game offers. To explore a beautiful world, attack anyone you want, search for treasure, ignore quests entirely, and generally just be an asshole if you want.

I told you yesterday not to get it OP.

Treat it like BoTW and it will click. At least that’s what Todd implied.

If it doesn't click, it doesn't click. Don't waste time trying to enjoy it because others do. Cut your losses and move on.

Skyrim with game mechanic mods that add quests, quadruple the skills and abilities, and titties is a lot of fun. Vanilla Skyrim is just a game that came out in 2011 and has aged rather poorly

I felt that way after my first elder scrolls game in Morrowind.

Frankly, at this point, I don't see how anyone can play one of these games without mods. I mean the switch has to be the worst version of the game aside from the ps3 one.

>switch
The problem with not being able to mod it is not that you're missing on the rape mods, it's the fact that it's a shitty boring ass game with shitloads of broken things and you definitely want to have mods to fix a good chunk of that otherwise it's just a mediocre game filled with bugs and repetitive fetch quest.

So basically, the only way to enjoy this game is to... Play with mods? I mean, if the game is boring as SNL, how will mods fix it?

t. never played TES

You're reading comments by a bunch of virgins who can't enjoy RPGs unless they replace all the female characters with big-titted anime girls. The vanilla experience is fine.

Noted.

>only thing you will do is look at pretty graphics and create sluts.

If you're having fun, how is this a bad thing in any way?

Mods can't fix everything. Many of the quests including every guild quest plus the Dawnguard main quest are complete ass and not worth going through. Nothing fixes this completely. What mods do instead is patch up the experience to be playable in a way you personally enjoy. You like innawoods survival? Grab survival mods. You like screenshotting? Pile on the 8k tomato texture mods. Want decent quests? Quest mods. Just about the only thing that isn't remedied is the vanilla quests and non-magical combat.
Not everyone does waifumodding you troglodyte. And if you played an rpg other than Skyrim you'd know the vanilla experience is not worth anything other than the pirate's price.

Dude just play Honey Select

Mind telling me some of the games you have played?

Takes a certain type of person to RP a single player game. Most people max out a character and quit.

Persona 4, Pokemon, Breath of the Wild, Ape Escape, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Yo-kai Watch, Mario Odyssey, Puyo Puyo, The World Ends With You, among others.

Mostly JRPG and Puzzle Games. I've played a few more AAA western games (Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3) but nothing like Skyrim before.