Desktops PC are too bulky for me...

Desktops PC are too bulky for me, how much should I spend on a laptop decent enough to run Attila Total War on normal settings? I think it's the only modern game I care about.

Attached: 1478325471542.jpg (950x1049, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-Bg2ok9Rp8
amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Type-GeForce-Gigabit-FX505DT-EB73/dp/B07QM4F25N/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=asus 1060 laptop&qid=1559775808&s=gateway&sr=8-5
amazon.com/gp/product/B07M9SMWMS/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Desktops PC are too bulky for me
You're not supposed to carry them around you goddamn retard.

She looks like she does hardcore drugs

Show her feet

fucking retard

You dont even know the answer for my question, do you

Sauce on her, we wanna see feet

fuck off retard

Always $700-800

>Running Attila Total War at a reasonable framerate
user... I...

Her Feet, the All Father demands it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Buy three kingdoms instead

Attached: 1428885153673.png (750x743, 7K)

you wouldn't survive 2 posts in a ylyl thread on /s/

just make a matx you fag

>ylyl thread
What is this, 2007?

Too bulky because you want to take it around with you or something?

I picked up an MSI with a 1060, i7 for under $1100, other than MSI being awful to deal with bc they don't speak English it's really nice

>ylyl
Why? Would I die from fatal hilarity? I didn't know /s/ was renowned for its humor.

I would say anywhere from $1,250-$3000 realistically.
You might be able to go as little as $1,000 if you find a good sale.
$1500 is a good sweet spot where diminishing returns isn't fucking you all that badly.

Shit, that's waaay over my budget. How much money is the desktop equivalent of that?

Attached: 1477915712959.jpg (481x609, 49K)

You generally spend about $2 on a gaming laptop for every $1 you spend on a desktop.

Not much cheaper if you don’t have a case, monitor, peripherals etc. already

Well, I bought a laptop so I could take it to my little sister's and play all day, so far has been a great inversion

mitx

>going to your little sister’s home with a laptop so you can play video games all day
I don’t understand

A desktop will give you more bang for your buck, user. I have one of the newer Predator Helios laptops with a hex core + 1060, and I would still rather play games on my desktop. Also
>Attila Total War having a decent framerate ever
I have some bad news, user...

With her, she has a laptop also, (I gave her one as a present), we play EDF, Risk of Rain 2 and stuff

i blew a grand minus peripherals on getting my computer to be to speed instead of being 8 years behind the curve but i was able to run atilla on normal even with my old hardware.

What do you mean by normal? Graphics in TW go low/medium/high/ultra. Also Attila Total War is optimized poorly so it's a tough question to answer.

Medium I guess, thanks for the answers so far.

damn, she's ugly

Then how am I supposed to use one on the couch, floor, and bed?

What you want is the lowest available discrete GPU and a 1080 screen. Higher end GPUs tend to throttle once they get hot and compromise lifespan while also costing more energy to run.

NVIDIA came out with a new cooling system called Max-Q with Pascal, it's a pretty straight forward re-route of the cooling, bringing air from the top of the case down through and expelling it from both sides. This allows for a much thinner laptop. Mine is pretty flimsy, it's an MSI with the Max-Q shit, but most AIBs have something like it either explicitly or close-enough knockoff.

Don't buy MSI, their support is dogshit.

>song of the sword dancer intensifies
youtube.com/watch?v=u-Bg2ok9Rp8

SFF and ITXs are a thing you retard.

Probably less than 1000 then, if you don't mind running below max and not being future proof. Attila Total War is an old game, so it's not super demanding if that's all you care about. I got a laptop for 600 bucks 1.5 years ago to play vidya at my gf's place. I can run Rome II on high, Warhammer on medium with shadows off, and Three Kingdoms on medium, all with Ultra unit sizes. I think I tested Attila on it too and it was somewhere between high-medium. My laptop only has a GTX 950M, Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7500U (2.70 GHz), and 8GB RAM, but it does fine. I can immediately find laptops in the 800~ range online that have noticeably better specs than it.

Source on this qt plz

You buy three and place one in each location

Spoonfeed:
amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Type-GeForce-Gigabit-FX505DT-EB73/dp/B07QM4F25N/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=asus 1060 laptop&qid=1559775808&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Attached: 1499642789804.png (232x337, 135K)

Laptops are hotter and therefore break down faster.
It's rarely worth it.

Ana desktop of equal or better power would cost half as much.

there are laptops that are already more powerful than the PS5 my dude.

damn what a cut-
>tattoos
you can keep her

That sounds good, remember the name of the model you're using?

Thanks m8

>Desktops PC are too bulky for me
Too bulky for fucking what? You're not meant to take them around with you, dipshit.

>there's a girl from work who looks exactly like that hitting on me
>quite aggressively too
>all I want is to play video games and take care of my octogenarian dog

That's the problem. A desktop has a ton of extra wires and confines you to one spot of the house.

>octogenarian dog
Dogs don't live anywhere near that long, doofus.

I do but it seems mostly phased out these days and I got it during a Black Friday sale. Still, you can get stuff for a real good price with better specs, like amazon.com/gp/product/B07M9SMWMS/
This is better than my current laptop for 600 bucks. The 256GB SSD is a too small for me, but if you are only installing Attila on there and not multiple big ass games, you should be fine.

He's 16. How much is that in dog years?

also
>permanent damage earrings
>dyed hair
human garbage

Use Steam Link you fucking retard.

Attached: 1531715927089.png (1275x720, 1.74M)

Irrelevant, since adults give dog ages in regular years. You would say "my dog is 16," not "my dog is 112," because the average person would rightfully point out that dogs don't live anywhere near that long.

Steam link is garbage.