Post Pokémon Drect - Opinion Time! Part 2

Part 1: Link to the first poll: strawpoll.me/18115271

Part 2: strawpoll.me/18116425

Attached: swordshieldpart2.jpg (531x410, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PpjVUOJkX-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was a pokemon direct?

youtube.com/watch?v=PpjVUOJkX-s

Is this really what the box art is going to look like? It looks so amateurish. I didnt see an "art not final" tag anywhere so I'm guessing so.

what the fuck is dynomax, just another z-move type thing?

Basically, if you use it your Pokemon gets huge and has increased stats but it only lasts 3 turns

Pretty much yeah, it's a ~3 turn middleground between Megas and Z-moves.

Leaker also said there'd be a Gigantamax which actually changes how they look.

PROS

>New designs are pretty rad, both Pokémon and humans
>Kaiju, "raids" and wild areas
>Territorial variety despite being set in not-England

CONS

>
>None really, aside from people having completely unrealistic expectations

I didn't really see anything worth getting excited about, unless you've been in a coma for years and this is the first RPG you've been able to play.

It is

I just really dislike the legendaries. They look awful and I don't like wolf Pokemon, Lycanroc-Day/Dusk were my least favorite designs last gen.
The new Pokemon othewise don't look bad per se but they're underwhelming and I'm already expecting this gen to completely snub my favorite types. Nothing else was really that standout to me.

>No on-map wild encounters outside of Wild Areas.

What's with the lying OP? Are you bias?

Attached: Untitled.png (949x444, 659K)

>Pros
>A couple of the new Pokemon looked nice
>The "Open Areas" have potential, probably
>Some of the character designs were cool

>Cons
>Dynomax is yet another unnecessary generational gimmick
>The box art looks underwhelming
>The box legends are probably some of the worst we've gotten

I don't have much else to say, but I'm still not sold on the game. Looks quite boring, honestly.

I'd be excited if they made a game that runs at 60fps and had an adult/hard mode or a randomizer.

Every single game is exactly the same and it's dog shit.

Attached: 1551327834677.gif (600x366, 822K)

GIANT
LOPUNNIES
EVERYWHERE

>graphical standards = completely unrealistic expectations

user, it's okay to criticize your favorite media franchise. Game Freak isn't going to care.

60fps isn't necessary for a turn based game.

It's not necessary, but should be the bare minimum in 2019. 30hz is shameful these days.

Attached: Capture.jpg (377x52, 4K)

>>A couple of the new Pokemon looked nice
I was pretty negative the moment I saw some gaijin as the art director but actually the designs theyve released are pretty good, excluding the starters which I'm sure he didnt work on. They actually are attempting to resemble animals again and have minimal bullshit all over them.

Not shitting on the guy but he might just be coming here from another site. Pokemon fans outside of Yea Forums tend to be extremely optimistic and see little flaw in any trailer (not the actual game) for a mainline game (except for USUM's, which people were expecting to be the trailer for SnS). Many of them solely play Pokemon so it's hard for them to have a critical perspective in cases like this.

It's probably just my expectations were super low after USUM and LGPE but it looks really good.

>30hz is shameful these days
thank you

Attached: 60vs30.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

This. I expected very little and was given a lot more than that.
I'm pretty sure that gaijin is the dude that designed pokemon like Magnemite, unless I'm mistaken. I know he designed Vanillux.

He did Golurk so hes based in my book.

Turner is absolutely based though

I'm expecting to enjoy this less than I did USUM. Obviously it's going to be better on an analytical objective evaluation as a game, but so far the Pokemon designs really didn't do much for me and that's the most important part to me.

>He didn't like Knight Crow or Too Angry to Be Trained Turtle
Faggot detected

>I'm pretty sure that gaijin is the dude that designed pokemon like Magnemite
You got meme'd dude, because of ice cream it's a joke to say that Turner designed most objectmon

Every game should run at 60 fps in 2019, especially when they look as shit as sword and shield.

The turtle's body looks fine, but the head kills it for me. The crow looks fine in general and better than most bird Pokemon overall but it's not what I'm looking for in the game.
I want insects, poisonous serpents, aliens, and robots. Stuff like Reuniclus, stuff like Shedinja. Nothing here grabs me, it feels like fillermons that have already been done for the most part.

You're undoubtedly going to get most of those things later. Sorry the early route bug wasn't revealed today, but it's pretty stupid to get disappointed by the regular info release for a new gen but to get hyped by rehashes where you already know what to expect.