BG3

>still no leaks
wew ladz

What are the chances it is a Div OS mobile game.

Attached: bg3.0.jpg (1200x800, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Div OS mobile game
Why not a streaming-only subscription based iPhone exclusive online-only game?

Based

>Tesla Exclusive
Are we ready, ElectricChads?

>electro-Chad

Will best girl be in?

Attached: d79rlx1-e8fbac85-31d9-4cef-a05e-d3861adabdeb.jpg (571x900, 609K)

Judging by the Enhanced Edition, I am not sure if I want it.

Enhanced Edition was made by Beamdog, may their names be cursed forever. At least Larian can into turn-based combat.

that was beamdog, you fuckin goomba

I sure hope so

Well then judging by DOS 2 they will fuck up the combat.

Amen brother, Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

you mean make it actually good

>i've already decided i hate it without playing it or seeing anything
>boy i sure hope i don't hate it or i might have something to continue complaining about
you're never gonna be 12 in 1998 again, user
should probably learn to appreciate new things or just neck yourself

DOS2's combat systems are a bit worse than DOS1 but the actual combat arenas are much better designed and overall combat is still great.

Beamdog learned their lesson when they fired Amber Scott.

Based Beamnigger user, doing the good work, one autistic pasta post after another

I would be disappointed if BG3 wasn't announced tomorrow

Calling it, Google stadia highlight. Gonna be playable on your phone, your tablet. Tomorrow

Based

I just want to hear RTwPfag tears when it's announced as turn based.

I like both so I don't care, granted I'd rather it be RTwP but I sure as shit won't cry over it being TB.
I'd rather have TB BG3 than no BG3.
If anything, I'm more worried that it will be on 5E trash.

Of course.

Attached: .jpg (318x476, 35K)

>a lot
>or a couple, doesn't matter
Wahmen

Attached: 1435599880221.png (600x400, 261K)

Hope it has beamdog-tier writing and humor as well. Tears would be delicious.

>Baldur's Gate with Divinity:OS combat system
If they cut back on LEL CHEESE tier memes, it's going to be fantastic

Attached: 1500896936380.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

>it will be on 5E trash
ding ding ding
who seriously fuckin thought this'd be any other edition

dont touch drizzt

I mean, I'm 99% sure it will be on 5E.
I'll still take 5E over 4E though.

I swear to GOD if this happens I will go burn down Larian;s HQ myself.

Attached: 1559458746138.jpg (437x431, 15K)

Larian has no say in what edition it will be on, that's dictated by Wizards of the Coast which own D&D.

Is that fag dead yet?

I don't think Wizards of the Coast allows anyone to make games based on any other D&D ruleset, user. It has to be the latest one or no license.

What would the story even be about?

magic and shit

in the current canon, Bhaal is alive again

Probably based off the 5e adventure module Murder in Baldur's Gate.

or the upcoming "Descent to Avernus," that's also set partially in Baldur's Gate
my money's on a tie-in to that

They better stick with RtWP. Turn based a shit.

Why didn't Elon just make an electric-powered console instead of an electric car?
he would have made more money

What's so wrong with 5E? I haven't played since 3rd edition / Icewind Dale

I assume this would have nothing to do with Gorion's Ward or the Bhaalspawn, right? So what is even the point, other than brand recognition?

Attached: viconia.jpg (248x350, 24K)

It's meant to be played by normies who are new to the hobby and have no desire to read a real rulebook or crunch numbers. This means that almost all of the classes feel exactly the same since it relies so much on fluff because it's trying to stay "simple" that everything turns out to be almost the same mechanically.

What do consoles have to do with electronics? I swear, anons say the weirdest things sometimes.

Isn't there like a 200 years difference between 3E and 5E Forgotten Realms?

>reducing the crunch to focus on the actual roleplaying is a bad thing

>Bhaal is alive again
How?

It's not awful, despite what the faggots talking out of their ass and the grognards are gonna tell you. It's just kind of unremarkable and just kind of a hodgepodge of the mechanics from 3E (BAB renamed, feats) and scattered rules from earlier editions (B/X unified ability bonus scores) without the design philosophy that made sense.

To go full autist for a second, one of my problem is that stats are fucking pointless. Their only purpose is for generating the corresponding ability bonus/penalty and then they're never used again.
Everything, literally fucking every part of any action resolution, just uses those same bonuses and calls them something else. Your sleight of hand skill? That's your Dex bonus called a skill. Your to hit bonus? That's just your STR bonus. Your arcane knowledge? That's just your Int bonus.
It's nice to have consistency and simplicity, but the game can literally just be played with 6 +/- numbers and no skill list or saving throws or anything.

TL;DR: Basically it's a superhero fantasy game, with pretty straightforward (and at times braindead) rules.
I find it pretty fuckin' boring to run, but I don't think it'd make a terrible game

A lot of the crunch was literally pointless though. See BAB giving you a bunch of extra attacks that are guaranteed to miss as enemy AC creeps upward.

*2E and 5E

>other than

See

There's a fine balance user, but at some point you're going to need mechanics to actually balance out the flavor. It's a fine entry point into the hobby, as it was intended, but it's not the holy grail of DnD editions.

To reiterate the old /tg/ meme: have you tried not playing DnD?

Hopefully it'll be better than the dullest rpg of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

Different user, and I'll give you that the environments are better in 2 than 1 but the combat itself was such a big step backward that the combat is solidly mediocre. The combat in 1 was fun, interesting, and innovative. The combat in 2 is just a run of the mill rock-paper-scissors slog.

Gorion's Ward reappears in the Murder in Baldur's Gate module (under his shitty novel persona Adrian), and promptly fucking gets attacked by another surviving Bhaalspawn apparently (???) and they both die and turn into The Slayer, that the party has to kill, setting Bhaal free again now that all the Bhaalspawn are dead.

yeah I ran a lot of WEG Star Wars growing up because it was fast and simple which allowed me to focus on storytelling and letting my players do pretty much whatever they wanted instead of having to carefully generate and balance encounters and dungeons. honestly DnD always turned me off because of how meticulous everything was in 2e. that's just my personal preference tho, I was always mor invested in the collaborative storytelling aspect of RPGs

fuckin based
PoE is such a lifeless, nostalgia wankfest

>What's so wrong with 5E?
Nothing, but for people who grew up with D&D: Anime Editions, ie 3X and 4E, it doesn't have as many zany options. It's a streamlined version of 2nd edition AD&D. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a 5e game. Some of the subclasses are fun and while some classes are even more useless than ever before, looking at you Ranger, all in all its hard to build a bad character.

You're killed by that one Bhaalspawn you saved in 2 canonically.

Yeah at the end of the day DnD is best suited for dungeon crawling and beating up monsters. There's better systems for rp-heavy games.

So everything I did in Baldur's Gate games was a waste?

Attached: 1545414427736.jpg (428x422, 26K)

Attached: yes.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

If Adrian is canon, he's a really stupid character too

Not if you waifued Viconia. Redeeming her and showing her how to be happy is worth everything, even the shitty Rocks Fall And You Die epilogue they threw at her.

>caring about "canon" in a fucking RPG
just don't run the module you tards

Was about to say this was probably the stupidest shit I ever read, but then I remembered what GW did with Age of Smegmar

Yes, also Coran is now a fat politician.

Attached: 1539715357077.png (425x536, 466K)

You know if it's referenced in BG3 it will be the canon version right
Like how the canon party was Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, Khalid and Imoen for BG1

the novels are NOT canon, the games are I don't care what the official stance on it is

>stopped a war and saved a city
>stopped an evil sorceress and saved an elven city
>stopped a literal army of murder
>helped a ton of other people on the way
>romanced Imoen
never a waste, user

I have zero confidence in BG3 regardless of canon

>>romanced Imoen
Alabama pls leave

>he didn't install that one Imoem romance mod

i completely forgot about this, luckily i played the games a looooong time ago, well before this.

>New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters.

>new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters.

This makes me so happy that I never bothered to play their shitty interpretation of BG.

I thought both Pillars games were pretty alright, good music, pleasant visuals, some fun choices here and there and some cool interesting settings
2 especially I found very enjoyable, the summoner chanter subclass was dope to play as and there was a bunch of cool loot to find everywhere
I played through Tyranny the past couple days and that game is also pretty good, the magic system there especially is something that other games could take a couple hints from, being able to customize your spells to the extends allowed there is super nice and feels really rewarding as you unlock these options by exploring

Not sure why Obsidian gets so much hate, they make good games with lots of player expression, interesting story lines and some decently enjoyable combat

The whole issue brought up here with lore dumps in the dialogue through these highlighted words seems like a completely autistic nitpick, these are obviously there for people who are interested in the game to learn more about whatever the fuck is being talked about in the dialogue
I can only hope they actually make Tyranny 2, because the ending to that game is so god damn awful

Attached: 1515332830342.jpg (344x970, 103K)

Based and Beamdog-pilled.

playing video games is a one big waste and yet we still play them

Attached: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (404x502, 41K)

tfw no illithid gf

No, she's busy being dead and burning in hell by the time of BG3.

no leaks because its a small studio and not Ubisoft with 3000 people working on 1 game

Didn't they hire Gator or something and had him do nothing?