What's the most underappriecated game ever?

For me it's pic related. Then again I might just be based because I spent so many hours playing it on my PSP back in the day.

Attached: Sonic_Rivals_2_Coverart.png (242x413, 196K)

Yeah Spidermans voice is bad, but the combat is easily the best its ever been in a Spiderman game and the world is fun to go around while you collect items and shit.
I should emulate the Rivals games, I've never played them before, sell me on them OP.

Attached: web of shadows.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

I played both but I wasn't always a big fan of the first one. The soundtrack was top notch but other than that very lackluster. The second one though had a very compelling story plus a wide assortment of characters too choose from (for it's time at least) and multiple outfits to unlock for each one. Every stage feels different and story mode has you seeing the story from the persective of multiple playable charcters with different end goals. There are many, MANY things to do. Even now so many years later I haven't unlocked everything. Multiple minigames, cups, cards, bosses, storylines, secrets, chaos to collect. Plus the AI is really smart and at times can be really difficult to beat even today. But for young me the funnest part was free play. You didn't have any enemy (or a rival if you will) and had no time limit, so you could explore the level at your leisure. Also Metal Sonic 3.0

Attached: 16b.png (3000x3000, 2.28M)

I never see anyone talk about this game, even in the Phantasy Star threads

Attached: PS0.png (640x578, 985K)

fragile dreams probably
One of my favorite games of all time

This game has one of the best soundracks in any video game ever. Gameplay is great too, shame it's so short

Attached: goemon.jpg (800x560, 118K)

Attached: Growlanser 4.png (859x1500, 2.69M)

The first waifu I should try to play this again at some point. I never got to do all of the harder content because I stopped playing after beating the 100 floor tower

Attached: Sarisa (2).jpg (260x194, 7K)

Attached: stella glow.jpg (220x194, 19K)

I feel like the Growlanser games in general were underappreciated. Almost no one even knows what it is when I bring it up

no this game is mediocre tripe, just because shitty snoozefests like Trails in the Sky manage to get a spotlight doesnt mean every semi-playable piece of garbage from japan should be popular

The Rival games were automatically shitted on for being on the PSP, being connected to Sonic06 and not being a Rush game. Basically that. They're pretty fun and a shame we never got Rivals 3 or Rush 3 for that matter.

>Ok, unmemorable JRPG 9001# developed by Luminous Arc team
It has every right to be forgotten since it is nothing other than a low tier RPG.

I literally just looked this up and was upset to find that the first game wasn't translated. I don't want to have to learn nip for a handful of games.

never understood the hate on psp desu. it was a fun console

Gameplay was bog standard but the unique art style and the music, so much passion
fuck

Attached: hylics banner.jpg (460x215, 47K)

The DS Web of Shadows is a lite-Metroidvania, but the main appeal is how fluid and fun the movement and combat are. You get full web-zipping and you can get some really cool juggle combos going on enemies. There's a TAS of the game on Youtube that is a joy to watch because it shows you the mechanics at their limit.

Play that one at least. IV/Wayfarer of Time is considered to be among the best Growlansers, even by japanesefags.

It was, and it is. However, it suffered heavily from discredit because of the PS3 and it was not a Nintendo console.

b-but waifus!
The PSP wasn't hated. I imagine it was a response to being PSP exclusive when most Sonic games came out on a Nintendo system up to that point.

I was going to. I'm kind of sick of Fire Emblem. Once I finish IV, I'll play it.

What the fuck are you fucking talking about you fucking bastard

Rivals 2 has four stories with eight characters between them, and they all go through the same stages. And all of the characters play the same, as well.

The only thing you miss by not playing the original is the intro theme and the cross over its characters have with Chaos Wars which is ironic kino

Attached: chaos_wars_350_6913.jpg (350x498, 165K)

>I imagine it was a response to being PSP exclusive when most Sonic games
Exactly. The fact that the DS had Rush hindered Rivals success and you know it. It's not exactly about being a PSP exclusive but the fact that Rivals had a big shoe to fill.

Maybe not of all time, but relative to its quality within its space, yes. This is one of the best action games ever made and it excels at every other aspect of its design outside of having low asset variety (it was a budget title, which makes all the good feel more impressive) and having drop rates that can leave you without S/SS-Rank versions of a specific weapon you want for quite a while (although there are a ton of weapon types that when put together in a loadout can accomplish the gist of what you're going for unless you need a very specific effect like Soundwave's gun's stun).

Attached: 220px-Transformers_Devastation_cover_art.jpg (220x244, 34K)

same stages but different versions of the story. You see it from the persepctive of multiple people. And you can't tell me that Tails plays the same as Silver or that Knuckles plays the same as Sonic.

>Rush 3
I mean, Colors DS counts as such, doesn't it?

Wasn’t there a bunch of collectible cards you could get in this game? I remember this game was the reason I got my parents to buy me a psp and was really disappointed when I actually played it and found out it was a 2D racing type game. Still dumped around 100 hours into it probably

>same stages but different versions of the story
Do you think the same for Sonic Heroes?

Honestly, I still haven't played that one. Is it any good?

Yeah. There's like 200+ card to collect based o several stuff, including multiplayer. I had a fucking blast playing it with my lil bro.

I'm trying to remember which Rivals game I actually played when it came out. Which Rivals game is the one with Eggman Nega as the main villain? Is Silver in both Rivals games or just 2?

Both Silver and Nega are in both Rivals. Did the one you played had Espio? He was only in Rivals 2.

Which one is the one where the final boss is this dragon looking thing? Kind of like Iblis from Sonic 06, in fact I think it might have been the same thing now that I think of it.

It's alright. It's like the other Rush games but with Wisps, and Blaze isn't playable