Starbound

What happened to this game?

Attached: 1558797845295.jpg (480x360, 29K)

nothing and poor progression, literally playing it now after dropping it when it came out just to see if it really is trash. Terraria was so much better but that ended pretty quick once moon lord got boring and you crafted everything even the last updates didn't add much

What exactly could be done to not make it trash and an actual alternarive to Terraria incase you get bored?

a lot of stuff was rather unclear how to get fuel for one. first planet craftability is pretty much zero and barely gets better till tier 4. being stranded on a planet is a great idea but loses its power when theres a ton of people i got to kill on that same planet. thats off the top of my head for now still playing it atm

No matchmaking, you have to use a 3rd party website and sign in to each ip first, wtf kind of MP does this game have?

The shitty forced story mode ruined it for me. The game also needs more lifeless planets or planets with simple organisms.

Not him but it would take an absolute massive overhaul to the combat system for starters, faster and less floaty bullshit. Kill the random gen stats and actually add a selective progression to baseline gear. The wackylmao guns/swords and shit should come barebones with their gimmick and you upgrade them how you like.
Jumping should be twice as high by default, gravity twice as strong and varying between planets, and terrain generation needs to be WILDLY different. I'm talking minecraft pre-flattening BS where you got insane cliffs and shit.
Get some way to beacon to your home planet whenever you like so its actually feasible to set up a base somewhere instead of just commie blocking your ship up with the neccesities as you do fuck all of value flying around. That's like the only GOOD part about Starbound is the base building is max comfy.

Ditch the story entirely, it's horrific and shoehorned in. If you want lore scatter it in books across the galaxy and leave it at that.
>quests
lmao

>Get some way to beacon to your home planet whenever you like so its actually feasible to set up a base somewhere instead of just commie blocking your ship up with the neccesities as you do fuck all of value flying around.
That already exists, you just install a teleporter in your base and register it to your ship

Really? Sweet we're 1 for 6 at least.

Was better in the beta when there was no story

it was rough around the edges to start with and progressively got worse as the YOU CAN DO ANYTHING hypetrain died and people started to realize that the devs weren't at all competent. then the more egomaniacal devs started banning people who complained, the project lead's gf wrote herself into the story and removed a lot of what made the setting unique, and we got the pile of shit we have today. and now some faggot is making daily starbound threads for free

Attached: the greatest spelljammer image of all time.jpg (1286x1819, 555K)

The combat is boring and trash. Terraria has a fuckton of weapons, and a lot of them have unique mechanics that actually make them play differently. Starbound is the same shit with every weapon, no differences. The bosses are terrible in Starbound as well, and they removed so much content to bring in that garbage story update. The game is good if all you do is build, though.

RIP mommy.

Attached: 20190527023206_1.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

Use mods

>entire earth gets blowed up
>no one seems to care

They butchered the setting and the world too.
Fuck me the plot is awful

Of all things to create why some gay squid tentacle monster? How the fuck is it even able to blow up an entire planet?

I'd still yet to figure out how and why everyone died, two titans fought, went missing and the evil one is back.

Attached: 20190527073204_1.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

The dev team was composed primarily of artists and idea men.

The good guy titan died to seal away the bad one, now the seal is broke and the shitty main quest is about killing him for real by gathering up the 6 toys he gave to each fo the 6 races in his death throws. Before you say "but there's 7 races", the novakids were born from bits of his corpse, so they weren't around to get a toy (also they were a fan submitted thing added later and chucklefuck only put in the minimum effort to work them into the existing setting)

dev is a whiny bitch boi who got asshurt over the sex mod and fan expansion that he abandoned the game

wait, really?

We all know these threads are glorified lewd dumps, what's taking so long today?

Attached: novakid_susi_by_straeyve_dav8dnm-pre.jpg (751x1063, 96K)

Tiy is a fag and Chucklefuck can go fuck themselves

What stupid fucking contrast. A humanoid thing and some mess of octopus tentacles with one big eye, how cliche. If thry wanted this stupid MCU shit done right a better thing would have been some creature that's a manifestation of the void before the Big Bang given form and has only hatred and contempt of the current universe wanting to bring things back to the state of nothingness. Would give explanation to why shadow planets exist and even expand on it adding new elements like black stars which pulse out harmful energy lightyears across.

Attached: 1534849557202m.jpg (768x1024, 111K)

>the project lead's gf wrote herself into the story and removed a lot of what made the setting unique
When did this happend?

Quite simply, have content on planets, let everything be craftable via scanning/upgrade stations, link up your ship/starbase/village by default and have the NPCs you attract do something. (like work on crafting or farming or credits)

Sadly the planets are devoid of content and there is zero reason to build a starbase or bother with hazard worlds beyond rent collecting commie blocks

Molly.

I was hyped because Terraria in space!
Then I was let down because it was just Terraria in fuckin space, but somehow with less content.

Unironically the only good thing to come from this trash game.

Attached: 1551811519037.jpg (714x1000, 311K)