This game was an absolute 10/10 for me

and whoever feels the same is my brother

Attached: large (2).jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364177901064814615/560929830015860746/missions.xlsx
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364177901064814615/560929757123051520/enemyothersoldiers.xlsx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 9b53d83952ee2ecca2f1da071109b66f-d98op9q.jpg (737x1000, 499K)

awesome

Long time MGS fan here. Played every single one except for Acid.

MGS V is my favourite.

I am aware that it is unfinished. And that the bossfights are bullet sponges. But the stealth gameplay is, in my opinion, the best in the series. Also half the cutscenes in this game are kino af.

Its not perfect, but its my favorite MGS for sure

Attached: MGSV-Shining-Lights-Mission-Complete.jpg (1000x563, 115K)

Story-wise it's a bit of a mess. The intro is absolutely the best single introduction segment to any game. Gameplay is solid, but the open-world meme did hurt it. It would've been better if you could select areas with the intricacy of Camp Omega.

Overall it's a solid 9/10.

Attached: 1559479013445.jpg (609x767, 77K)

You are also my brother

GZ > PP

yep 10/10
except for the shitty level design
or the shitty characters
or shitty story
or the fact that it still remains unfinished.
easy 10/10

Paz side story made feel unlike anything else I've ever played, for that alone V will always have a special place in my heart.

nah sorry I couldn't even bring myself to play it

MGS4 was the end of the series, and this was a stupid unnecessary game that broke a long and beloved publisher

MGS4 was a stupid unnecessary game.

Too much bullshit going on for a 10/10.
Repeat missions, lifeless open world, useless walker, unusable tank, unfinished story. 7/10, though subjectively higher.

FOB invasions are a better gamemode than the fucking story(even if we take into account the massive grind involved in it)
Change my mind.

is the MG franchise worth it? never played a game from it but I've always been intrigued by it from a distance, one of the characters, Solid Snake interests me quite a bit. I do feel kinda sad I haven't played the starting MG games nor will have the chance to, but if I wanna start, do you recommend me to do so? and if you do where should I start?

Only in terms of level design.

MGSV is the skeleton of what could've had a fantastic game built around it, but instead it was squandered. First playing it and doing those first few missions was a terrific experience, but then it goes downhill when you realize there's nothing more to the game, and that it's just going to be the same "go to guard outpost #105 and extract target" shit over and over and over with little variation, along with an absolutely disjointed shit-tier story where you just have to listen to bland audio tapes instead of actually seeing much happen.

The game mechanics are great, I just wish they did more with them. There should've been more areas that were confined and better suited for stealth gameplay. For example, the final level at OKB0 where you're actually infiltrating deeper and deeper into that base. Too bad there isn't more of that.

Because PP fell for the open world meme. MGSV would've been so much better had the devs decided to go with a deus-ex-style level design of having smaller sandboxes like GZ, and you complete your objectives and then move on to other small densely-packed sandboxes, possibly revisiting them at day or night or with other alterations having taken place to mix things up. Would've been so much better than the bland layout we got in afghanistan/africa

The problem is they're not super accessible as you have to play at the very least mgs1 first, particularly if you like solid snake as that, the two old msx Metal Gear games and 4 are the only games where you play as him. I actually think the gameplay for 1 is still fine but if you wanted to breeze through it for the story the twins snakes remake on the gamecube (just pirate it my guy) adds later features to the series like first person aiming mode. The gameplay steadily improves in each game

Huey did nothing wrong

The only thing that is bothering me is how quiet Snake is. You can tell that Kiefer couldn't be assed to voice shit for this game.
Also the game is too easy with fulton and base building is lame and forces you to use fulton.

I'm gonna samefag and add that the cut scenes in the twin snakes are very over the top and a different tone to the original so it's not quite the definitive edition

> You can tell that Kiefer couldn't be assed to voice shit for this game.
More like they pulled a Bethesda, and hiring a big-name expensive celebrity voice actor means you can't afford to record as many lines. So the result is we get autistic quiet snake and a shitty underwhelming story told through audio tapes.

You're right. He did everything wrong.

Don't listen to this faggotIf you have a PS3 you can play all the games on it for cheap, if you don't however, emulate MGS 1-3, watch 4 on YouTube and play 5.

You could also buy 1-3 if you have a PS2, I think MGS2 and 3 are pretty cheap.

Don't play Twin Snakes.

the only flaw I can think off is the lack of skirmishes between the mujahideen and the soviet forces, which even MGS4 had.

>did nothing wrong
>didn't invent guns on his mecha-legs to murder his way through the base the moment he got caught
Punished Huey fucked up.

While it's true TTS is way more over-the-top as compared to the original MGS1, it actually fits in better with the style we see in the other games from MGS2 onward. MGS1 is actually the exception in how reserved it is. All the other games in the series are full of absolutely ridiculous shit like the president grabbing raiden's crotch in MGS2 and Eva doing a motorcycle uppercut backflip against Ocelot in MGS3. I find that TTS actually fits in better with the later games than the original.

and the lack of health bar and Codec.

>Chico was literally cut from the final game

V was a fucking mess of a game. Wish Kojima didn't fall for the open-world meme. Don't have high hopes for Death Stranding.

Attached: 1558408739855.png (360x360, 140K)

And the game who ruins the almost perfect franchise for me. Is the game i hate te most.

Adding a thought isn't samefagging and the twin snakes isn't even good let alone almost the definitive version.

Yeah, stealth and open world do not fucking mix. Even fucking bethesda games that have stealth like the fallout/elder scrolls games segment overworld from dungeons, with the dungeons being more confined affairs where sneaking makes more sense.

Stealth games live or die based on their level design. And MGSV basically doesn't even fucking have a level design. There are only a few sections in the game where the locations are actually confined enough to actually make it feel like you're infiltrating anything. And those areas like the oil refinery or the place you extract the soviet engineer were good, but they were short areas and there weren't many of them.

>wanted to replay it recently
>reinstall
>try to fire it up
>Unable to initialize Steam API
lolwut

Paz' plight in GZ made me tear up. Fucking didn't deserve it even though she tried killing me with a Metal Gear.

Attached: dammit mom.gif (250x170, 2.75M)

wait wait wait
I thought he died in the crash?

nope
he was supposed to be a cloaked figure who was disfigured but he was essentially cut from the game

I hadn't played any mgs prior except GZ right before, and fell in love with it. Sure the story is kinda weak. I loved the endless possibilities with gameplay, also how you progressively unlock new gameplay elements to keep things fresh and always have new approaches to try. At around 100+ hours I was kinds pushing it to make sure I enjoyed it fully since there was little chances I come back to it. i still decided to give multiplayer a try and ended up clocking in another 150 hours. With that and witcher 3 and darksouls 3 it was the best 12 months of vidya Ive had in a very long time

thanks you are my bro now

>Game rewards player for stealth and extracting soldiers/resources
>Take time to stealth and extraction
>Miss out on eavesdropping on the entire plot a motivations behind whatever's going on
I put a bunch of enjoyable time on this game, but as soon as I found this out I lost all interest in playing anymore.

Well who gives a shit about your worthless opinion, then? You could have gone for an 8/10, but you had to give this baffling, unfinished mess a perfect score.
Fuck you.

why the fuck

You should have lost all interest when you started repeating the same "raid this shack" mission for the 7th time, cockface.

time I guess

>and whoever feels the same is my brother
What if he's a spy?

What if I'm a spy?

They asked for a good starting point user you faggot not how do I ingest all of the lore at once

I think it TPP was just 5 or so GZs taped together it could have been excellent.

For me it was an absolute 0/10.

I've never thought about it that way but you're right user, maybe I need to play it again

>part 1 was kino
>part 2 was just repeating the same missions over and over
it was alright but would probably have been God tier if it was finished

Attached: 1531415669089.jpg (778x900, 72K)

Gameplay? sure, 10/10
And I'm sure story would be 10/10 if kojima could finish it and/or at least have a dlc or something

But god that mission where you had to kill angry buffalo and the rest, I unironically teared up
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

quiet is shit tho

>Ssos
>not Ssoss
Literally one fucking job.

oh and more zones, the desert and savannah quickly got boring, and you only spend an hour at most in that jungle

This game is unironically in the same category as Fallout 4, Mass Effect 3 or DA Inquisition.

>Script says that Big Boss is really grateful and genuine of the phantom, what he did and his existence

10/10 bro here
>story is unimportant
>I never played another MGS
it’s a good game but triggers dramafags

Meanwhile
>idiots on Yea Forums interpret as if Big Boss treated him as a slave
It's clear that the phantom's suffering was expected and the cause has nothing to do with Big Boss after all other than Zero brainwashing him to be Big Boss.

WHAT SCRIPT

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364177901064814615/560929830015860746/missions.xlsx
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364177901064814615/560929757123051520/enemyothersoldiers.xlsx

put that shit in a bin you fag

MGS4 was exactly the words you describe 5 with. 5 was also unnecessary after 4, but not after PW.

Find me an extremely large paste hosting service then, idiot.

They fumbled the story. Hard. There was way too many missed opportunities.

>no Gray Fox before he became a cyborg
>no boss fight with Skull Face
>entire 3rd chapter that closed up the game was scrapped
>implication of Venom not actually being Big Boss was given away right in the beginning
>story bit about the vocal parasites was honestly really fucking dumb

However, the gameplay is probably the best out of the MG series.

this game was a tech demo for Death Stranding

Yeah I loved all of it too my man.

It's my 2nd favorite MGS after 2.
Fucking fantastic game.

>>implication of Venom not actually being Big Boss was given away right in the beginning
but they did that perfectly

Venom is not Naked, the real "Snake"
But both of them are Big Boss.

Big Boss is a title.

>I'm Big Boss and you are too.
Faggot. He may not be the original but he's still Big Boss.

All the developing weapons, items etc and lack of story annoyed the fuck out of me.

I enjoyed it the first time round but it was a let down. Also it was a tough time in my life so I kind of associate it with my pain.

>that trash open world
>B-BUT IT'S DESIGNED THAT WAY BECAUSE IT'S A SANDBOX AND MUH TACTICAL EMERGENT GAMEPLAY
Won't be surprised if the new Splinter Cell is open world filled with all sorts of vehicles and gadgets. Proper stealth games are dead since no one buys them anymore. Can't have solid linear 15 hour experiences anymore focusing on only a few gadgets, gotta put everything in.

At most it's a 7.5/10

Is there going to be a new splinter cell?

He was supposed to survive and grow up to be a red hooded assassin

There are rumours every year but this year they've been more frequent. We'll find out in 5 days.

>MGS4 was a stupid unnecessary game.

not really when The Patriots needed a proper explanation and needed to be dealt with

there was supposed to be a lot more to do in the maps iirc, another feature that got fucked by the time constraints

>The Patriots needed a proper explanation
I thought Kojimbo originally wanted to leave them ambiguous?

No, they didn't, and doing so completely ruined the point of MGS2.

Doesn't really matter because the maps are fundamentally flawed. Adding a few more buildings with save the civilians or soviet/mujahideen skirmishes wouldn't fix anything. Ground Zeroes was a cheap 2 hour demo but the level design and mission atmosphere with the whole black site was brilliant.

Gameplay 11/10
Ost/sound design 10/10
Story 6/10

Really good game. Bad Metal Gear.

Attached: 1442706890371.jpg (710x539, 43K)

game is great
for about 40 minutes when you realize its repetitive shit, you go back to the same location 2-3 times before moving on and a shitty intro to every mission

Getting fucked by Big Boss is severely underrated on this board.

Attached: Big Boss.png (650x806, 1.03M)

This.

Attached: D7JfOTMU0AAYhDZ.jpg (479x479, 37K)

This

Attached: 1558802489053.png (900x600, 770K)

That

Attached: F30B396F-930F-4434-85AD-C81FC27D031A.jpg (882x960, 64K)

First half was amazing, second half went downhill too fast.

Why is his arm so smooth?

He's fat.

It was too obviously unfinished story-wise to approach 10/10, but the gameplay was solid and there was just enough of the charm of the series for me to stay interested.

The Patriots were a unresolved plot element in the overall story (as in the actual story, not the Meta shit) of MGS2.

>Ground Zeroes: Hope, potential to be the best MGS game ever if V builds on everything that makes GZ great
>Throws everything that makes Ground Zeroes great in the fucking trash
>Controls: still GOD
>level-design: Shit
>Story: Pure shit
>Bosses: Absolute fucking shit
>Jeep Ride: LMAOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK WAS KOJIMA THINKING WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WAS HE ACTUALLY FUCKING THINKING WHEN DIRECTING THIS SHIT LMAOOOOO
One of the greatest disappointments in vidya history for me. Worse than XV because with XV you knew it was shit from the very second you started playing it, with V you had Ground Zeroes which was proof that they could make something incredible, and then they wasted it all away.

>>Jeep Ride

the silence after Skull's rant was awkward as fuck.

The whole thing was pure garbage.
The fucking most epic music of all time plays and it's this awkward as shit silent jeep ride. It's so fucking garbage I truly truly wonder how the fuck critics are still gobbling on Kojima's cock as some master story and game creator after garbage like MGS4 and MGSV's story.

PRIDE FEEDS THEIR BLACKENED HEARTS

To each his own but I can't agree with people wanting another linear experience instead of what we got. It always feels so lame when it's a very tight and limited level design and you can very clearly tell what the different intended pathways are. Admittedly they made it work in mgs3 but I didnt play that game much. I remember playing dx hr and Yea Forums making a fuss about the possibility of non lethal playthroughs, in the what iy means is at the start of a mission you have to look around to find the "secret" ventilation shaft to let you through the base while bypassing the guards. In mgs v there is no certainty. Matve you'll find a hole in the security or not, you always have to plan a way out in case plan A doesnt work out

>tfw I enjoyed more the trailers and the threads before the release of the game than the actual game.

Attached: 1489527697726.gif (320x240, 35K)

Because, ultimately, they are videogame fans -- the kind of motherfuckers who cream over stories in Kingdom Hearts -- not film enthusiasts.

Why did you remind me of the fucking jeep scene

>10/10
>literally a game from 2008 published in 2015
Jesus you have shit taste

>(you) are the big boss

shit story

/thread

>MGSV would've been so much better had the devs decided to go with a deus-ex-style level design of having smaller sandboxes like GZ,
Kekjimbo should have gone nu-Hitman style of levels. Hell, even episodic format wouldn't be bad considering his muh TV SERIES wank

No, the medic is Big Boss. You might be Big Boss in the games, but you sure aren't are him in the story.

Only John and the Medic are Big Boss in the canon, no one else is.

You are the medic.

Only in the games. It is impossible for 50,000+ people to be a person in a story. The medic is a unique character in the canon and no one else is him.

That's just meta. In the canon he likely doesn't have the face you picked considering how you play as the original Big Boss in GZ and the Medic has his own face there.

Surely Big Boss didn't use the avatar creator.

>Surely Big Boss didn't use the avatar creator
What would he even create in the avatar creator anyways?

>What the hell is this bullshit?
>The Phantom Pain, huh?
>Is this about me? My very own phantom?
>Make a face?
>What do these buttons do?
>Why can't I make this face look like me?
>*tosses controller and turns off PS4*
>This is boring. Would rather be itching for my next mission.

AS I BECOME MORE PRESENT NOW

I WANT BIG BOSS TO SLEEP WITH ME IN BED

I CANT SEE THROUGH THE PAIN

>gameplay 8/10 at best
>everything else 6/10 at best
>is a 10/10
?