Games where the good guy wins?

>When Yea Forums was Friday the Shillteenth for awhile

Yea Forums mods have to get paid because I remember getting banned for pointing this out

Attached: dbd friday.jpg (1645x683, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/795100/Friday_the_13th_Killer_Puzzle/
engadget.com/2019/03/04/friday-the-13th-nintendo-switch-release/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bretty gud game, survivors are all 12 year old crybabies.

Attached: 1559054577094.png (386x350, 30K)

I stand by my opinion that F13 is/was the better game as far as gameplay and mechanics. Bugs, that legal mess over the license, and certain bugs taking too long to fix really fucked it up though. Disappointing since they had content planned but weren't allowed to add it. Hope it can come back again some time with more polish and content.

>genuine horror movie IP bad
>cheap knockoff good
kys

>HAHAHA! DBD WILL BE DEAD IN A WEEK!
>HAHAHA! DBD WILL DIE AFTER ITS FIRST UPDATE!
>HAHAHA! THE FRIDAY THE 13TH BETA WILL KILL DBD!
>HAHAHA! OUR BETA WAS A MESS BUT IT'S JUST A BETA! THE FINAL GAME WILL KILL DBD!
>HAHAHA! WATCH OUT DBD DRONES! THEY'LL PATCH OUT THE BUGS!
>HAHAHA! DBD IS ON ITS DEATHBED! THE SINGLE PLAYER MODE WILL KILL DBD!
>HAHAHA! WE'RE NUMBER ONE ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE! THAT MEANS WE WIN! WHO CARES ABOUT STEAM PLAYER COUNTS?!
>HAHAHA! DBD IS SURELY DEAD NOW! OUR SINGLE PLAYER MODE MAY BE A PIECE OF GARBAGE BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE ONE!
>NO COPYRIGHT LAW IN THE UNIVERSE CAN STOP JASON! DBD IS TOAST NOW!

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

>Jason 7 actually fun to use after his buff.
Of course the licensing shit happened right after, when I had reason to play again. Was a much needed buff. Stuck with him the whole way but damn was it infuriating at times. Why it took them that long to make him better is beyond me.

>believing any of that shit is true
any legal dispute over the rights to the game would have also affected sales of the existing content. if there was any truth to that the whole game would have been taken off steam store. there is no less infringement by continuing to sell the existing infringing material. that mess was just an excuse for the devs to abandon the game. and even if they somehow were forbidden from releasing new content, that would not have prevented them from doing maintenance on the content as-is. F13 IP infringement doesn't extend to fixing video game bugs. the lazy ass devs just saw their sales fall off a cliff and ran with the money. the reason they're so sure that development is done is because they're the ones who decided to end it and they found the perfect scapegoat in the unrelated matter of the external IP dispute. it sounds a lot better than telling people that there's no profits to be made and they don't want to keep working on a dead game

> asymmetrical survival horror

Attached: 153D8F70-94EE-4473-BA2F-3AD6E4817993.png (632x756, 26K)

The game can be patched with balance changes. The licensing wasn't about the game itself but the IP. One of the original writers waited 30 years before filing a claim about not getting enough money which halted any further content updates.

Imagine defending a failure this badly, no wonder you like F13th: Fans of this game are basically Pamela Vorhees

>legal mess over the license
Bunch of bullshit, biggest scam I've ever seen. There is no such thing as an infringement case where the devs are told "you can keep selling the game as it is but you're not allowed to update it anymore!!!!". That doesn't happen. That's still infringement. It's a really perfectly convenient excuse for them to fuck off and drop support.

Two things killed this game. Serious bugs they didn't fix and instead just banned people fucking with the bugs as a solution, and their PR fiasco involving the devs CD-key permabanning players based on hearsay of their friends.

Fans of this games are retarded mongoloids in such a way that would make Jason himself blush

store.steampowered.com/app/795100/Friday_the_13th_Killer_Puzzle/

For proof of the lawsuit not effecting anything: This game still gets updated and hasn't been stopped by the lawsuit

>which halted any further content updates.
It doesn't work like that.

Never seen F13th gameplay but it's gotta be better than cranking generators around a shitty looking map with everyone running around with their arms flailing.

It failing doesn't mean it was bad. It had issues for sure, no doubt. I liked that Jason was an actual threat and that there were several different ways to escape. Jason was a legit threat unless the counselors were gangbanging him which was actually really shitty.

I went in to go and play DbD after needing a fix since F13 crashed and burned and I was absolutely shocked at the shitty, monotonous, boring gameplay of DbD. I thought the game had SOME kind of hook for it's damn good player count. How could that many people play something this fucking boring? I was pissed.

>D-D-DUE THE LAWSUIT IS PREVENTING THEM FROM UPDATING THE GAME!!!1
engadget.com/2019/03/04/friday-the-13th-nintendo-switch-release/
>*ports the game to switch*

Just how gullibly retarded are Friday the 13th fans?

>game can still be bought and sold
>physical copies still exist
The lawsuit never fucking went anywhere and if it did they would have been sued for large fucking amounts of money, not a fucking slap on the wrist and some old faggot judge saying "OKAY YOU GUYS ARE GOOD, BUT YOU'D BETTER NOT PATCH THE GAME"holy shit you f13 fags are maximum delusional

Yeah. I agree with you. Why are you giving me a (you) and calling me an f13 faggot, you stupid nigger?

Ok if the licensing shit shouldn't have stopped content then my mistake and I'd actually be pissed. I had a real fun time with the game when the major bugs were removed and then moreso when Jason 7 got buffed. Was looking forward to more content but if they just cut and run, fuck 'em. Could the devs who balance patch the game now add content at some point if they wanted?

I knee-jerk replied to the wrong post like a nigger

You guys crossed wires, here's the people saying the lawsuit is effecting updates:

How do people even enjoy the janky mess that dbd is? Not defending the other game because it looks even worse and I don't give a shit, but it really surprise me how so many people find that repetitive jank fun.

>but it really surprise me how so many people find that repetitive jank fun.

I play 30 rounds of CS:GO competitive (which can take 90 minutes or more), you don't know repetitive jank

Did they ever unban the guy who got banned because a salty fag who happened to be friends with one of the devs told him to ban him? That was some bullshit.

>make Ronald Macdonald game where he rapes children
>sells billions
>Macdonalds takes me to court
>what you did is totally fine, just don't patch the game or add any more content

Evolve was the really tragedy of assymetric multiplayer gaming

Why do you do that to yourself?

I like going through the motions, which is why any addict plays DOTA 2 or any other popular multiplayer game

it's fun to play killer if you're not an autist that get suicidal if you fail to kill all 4
and survivor is the epitome of Fun With Friends.

no matter the side do yourself a favor and under NO circumstance approach the game as a competitive game. it's a party game.

F13 can still be patched but the basic gist of what you said still stands.

Like I said I took what they said about the lawsuit at face value but with that other F13 game that was brought up still being updated, and even a Switch port, seems more likely they were bullshitting. I still enjoyed F13 far more than DbD so it dying like it did is disheartening.

>>Like I said I took what they said about the lawsuit at face value

Attached: 1538842020806.jpg (536x1024, 51K)

Both games are putrid trash for retarded streamers

Attached: Stamp73.png (120x120, 11K)

I can only imagine the rights fees of F13 and how much it probably ate up a good chunk of the budget, and they have to pay for upkeep on it or else it'll be delisted - so adding new content probably wasn't worth it

I'm not a lawyer, man. I didn't know about the other game or Switch port either.

A lot of F13 fans got duped, and to be honest I believed it too because it seems to happen to licensed games all the time.

There are still some insane die hards on the Steam forums that think it's ALL the lawsuit

>fees
Meanwhile dead by daylight has fuckin Mikey WITH music, that bitch from saw, bill from left4dead, Freddy, leather face...

You might be right on the others, but they could be more reasonable. Hell, Left 4 Dead and Valve characters appear all the time in Steam exclusive games like Sniper Zombies and RE6

now if they would actually patch the gameplay part of their game to not be garbage

Pretty shitty. I wonder how their Predator game will fare.

JUST

BASED