How did Nintendo create the best open world game ever?

How did Nintendo create the best open world game ever?

Attached: NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_artwork_illustration_01.0.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xCEDlpaUXVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go to bed user

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2 META.png (498x360, 55K)

Catering to s o ye boys

Attached: 1559063159347.jpg (768x1024, 108K)

No idea but the fact that it makes contrarians seethe after 2 years proves that it's the best game of the decade

they didn't

here's the worst thing. I'm shitposting, but if you go into any actual Zelda discussion threads in Yea Forums about Zelda games, I've noticed that ninty boys actually admit it not being near perfect or the best Zelda game, and its usually last on their lists, odd to me.

Attached: 1549211868487.jpg (1267x2182, 735K)

Cute stockings!

sad, real sad partner

Attached: yw7D7wC.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

BotWfags aren't real Zelda fans and don't go into actual Zelda threads, they just stay in their own little containment threads

stop projecting

the shader packs in cemu make the game look quite nice desu

Cope

youtube.com/watch?v=xCEDlpaUXVE

Attached: 1537723538513.jpg (227x222, 6K)

stop projecting

holy fuck

Attached: 1537273307961.jpg (9999x9999, 1.55M)

With love.

This.

It's a fun sandbox till you realize everything and I mean EVERYTHING you do leads you to one of maybe four things.

-Korok Seed
-Shrine
-Next Dungeon
-???

Attached: 1557812415961.png (901x490, 105K)

unironically babies first open world game etc.

>Korok seeds are the only thing to collect, and every enemy is just recolors

it's good for what it does, but it needs to be on more than a fisher price console to give it that juice

COPE

It's great for a nintendiaperoid's standards

with what?

Attached: Screenshot_20181101-104558_Chrome.jpg (1079x1893, 236K)

It's a good game, but it doesn't feel like a zelda game like at all, if you remove the lore - it wouldn't be a zelda game

They made an okay game with plenty of upsides, but I think there's too many downsides. I've played games that far better encompassed the ideas of open world and sandbox design. It's not a bad game, but not a person on this earth can convince me that it's GOTG or even GOTY.

Attached: 1554666579795.png (455x337, 300K)

inb4 someone provides actual criticism of the game and the BOTW freaks deem it an outright lie or “nitpick”

Talented developers that know how to prioritize fun over all else.

Picked it up again after a while. I’m 41 koroks away from max inventory, it’s just for shields and it’s not like I need it but it’ll satisfy my autism. After that I’m gonna power my way through the middle trials and finish the dlc. 2 years and 360 hours later, this game still keeps me pretty entertained. It’s a damn good game. Easily in my top 5 favorite Zeldas. I can understand why some people aren’t too into it or prefer other Zeldas over it. But I do think that some people ride this games dick a little too hard.

they didn't. they just created an open world. but it's zelda themed so cunts, faggots, soiboiz and trannies like ate it up.

samefag

try again

>it sold more so I enjoyed playing it more!

Bwahahahahahah! Fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

How?

It has ALL the tropes of a Zelda game just with a different fresh spin on it.

Yes, more people played and enjoyed it more. Deal with it

OP is a faggot for making a blatant bait thread and triggering assmad snoyqueers.

He's still right though.

>more people played and enjoyed it more. Deal with it

K E K

Which are? Gameplay is nothing like zelda. Link can't be analcunt. The lore is the closest, but what the fuck is with all those sheikahs. Why don't they have their own village instead of kakariko, fuck off japs. Sheikah this sheikah that, fuck off. Yeah, ninjas. Dungeongs are garbage ,same looking dungeons over and over.

>How did Nintendo create the best open world game ever?

Because Nintendo actually have talent, understand game design and a have desire to create entertainment beyond the motivation for money.

I wished what they meant by going back to it's roots from zelda 1 was having ludicrous secrets throughout the world and interesting items and dungeons, that leads to you fighting a pig ganon boss battle that doesn't suck.

By coping the mechanics of the best open world games and giving it a retarded version of souls combat

>I wished what they meant by going back to it's roots from zelda 1 was having ludicrous secrets throughout the world and interesting items and dungeons

Tell me how it didn't?

The dungeons are fantastic, I couldn't give a rats ass if it wasn't another "fire/ice/water" themed fuckfest, ALttP didn't need themed dungeons and neither did BoTW.

Yeah, i love eating shit as well, mah man! High five, dudette!

>By coping the mechanics of the best open world games and giving it a retarded version of souls combat

Nintendo openly admit they looked at western games for inspiration. And they said "hey faggots, THIS is how you make an open world game".

Pretty incredible for a first attempt.

>BTFO so hard he can't respond properly
pathetic

Those aren't even dungeons, mate. Yeah, lttp didn't need themed dungeons, yeah, game from 1991, universally acclaimed game by everyone top 5 games ever fucking made, retard. Huh, pathetic. BTFO LoL. Link to the past should have had 100 same looking dungeons with quick puzzles, same boss fights and same fucking music with only secrets being wepaons that break in 5 hits, nice game, lttp should have been like that. hey, what about metroid or castlevania, it should have been like that as well.

>ludicrous secrets
The only ones worth finding are korok seeds, and once you find a conspious spot it's usually "point out out of place thing"
>interesting items
The weapon degrading devalues all possibly cool weapons you may want,the champion passive are just get out of jail free cards, without leaving room for items that open up the environment like blue candle
>pig ganon
"Shoot the glowing spots and avoid his one big attack that you're nowhere near"

Talent, open world design hasn't been perfected yet but if it happens it'll probably be whatever the next LoZ game is. If they do three things differently there's next to nothing to complain about in a BotW sequel
>remove shrines put that content in the world
>remove towers
>rework durability
beyond that they could try
>better cooking
>more combat mechanics
>open world "dungeon" zones like eventide island