Is it safe to say that Legend of Zelda was the first instance of microtransactions on a console?

Is it safe to say that Legend of Zelda was the first instance of microtransactions on a console?

You pay to find out where the bomb locations are. Nobody would grind the rupees required to bomb literally everywhere on the map.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1268x720, 127K)

No

No

Just read the fucking manual which the games itself tells you to use faggot.

>muh digital

you downloaded it meaning you can search it up on the internet faggot

BOTW is a good game just fucking admit it

Dumb thread made by a dumb person.

No

>game demanding you to research online to answer for design flaws
>this is good game design

Do you like EVE online too asshole?

It's a mediocre game that gets undeserved praise. That's all you're getting from me.

You don't have to buy bombs.

I would say Simon's Quest is one of the first examples of a pay-to-win type of console game. A lot of the shit you were supposed to do to progress was basically impossible to figure out without a Nintendo Power.

>>game demanding you to research online
ZOOM ZOOM

I don't get it, what does an old car commercial my dad quotes have to do with it?

People complain about bombable walls being hidden but that never bothered me, what bothered me was when the asshole inside took rupees to pay for a new door.

Wasn't that due to the shit translation though?

recently completed TLoZ for the first time with a guide, fuck death mountain. it was a good game. I've started TAoL and it's even better with save states.

You really are a gigantic faggot m8

If you're going to be a save-stating pussy faggot at least use the Easy mode patch that keeps the game somewhat challenging (only tweaks damage values and doesn't change the level design at all). Just don't use save states man.

>>game demanding you to research online
>reading the fucking manual the game came packed with is 'research'
Oh my fucking god kill yourself this instant

>Nobody would grind the rupees required to bomb literally everywhere on the map.
A bold assumption friend.

The game itself already allows you to save what the fuck do you need saves states for you fucking child

Save States are fine as long as you load them only once.

Don't act like you've never left the console on overnight

shut the fuck up

Nintendo Power was a microtransaction, $3.50 an issue back then

That's why you save with full bombs then reload your save after using them up and marking where you found the secrets
It takes a lot longer to check burning every bush when you have the blue candle and don't know the red candle is a thing you get later

What do you mean "pay to find out where the bomb locations are,"? Do you mean buying a guide? I found everything just fine with the Virtual Console version and no guide. Just get the max bomb upgrades, get a feel for where the game typically places doors, then go to town on every northern rock face. Enemies might drop bombs as well, and you might find shops in there.

The Candles are the biggest pains. Thank God that I heard the Red Candle let you use endless flames per screen. Searching for things with the Blue Candle is monotonous.