"Tartarus, the prophets have betrayed us"

>"Tartarus, the prophets have betrayed us"
Halo 2 has the best dialog of any game and the best story of any Halo game by far.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI
youtu.be/SyOAdrxlPVs
youtube.com/watch?v=rQC6-PHDs7U
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7pzHYpxrQ
youtu.be/_pGYyocIsBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Features Blow me Away in the main game
Best soundtrack of any game too

>Master Chief, mind telling us what you're doing on that ship?
>Sir, ending this engagement.

>"I WILL continue my campaign against the humans."
>"No. You will not."

Attached: e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-cinematic-arbiter-1920x1080-84d51182d20b4621b10b06bf1367486c.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

once they started making the Wort-wort-worts talk Halo's story became self-parody

Attached: big_yoshi.jpg (347x320, 18K)

Don’t understand why people say the ending is shit when it has the best final boss in the series.

Attached: 1FDDB983-A0AC-43B7-94F5-CFF1C5856F0A.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Halo anniversary is soulless

Attached: 13FFA096-ED8D-416B-AC5C-1FE7A3F555A4.jpg (1024x1024, 100K)

Are you implying CE's story wasn't generic tripe? The Covenant are much more interesting than the not-zerg or the standard ancient aliens stuff and 2 realized this

I liked the story, but whoa nelly, I hated Arby's missions

You never played the game on legendary if you think that boss was good

You literally fight elites with jet packs and stab the prophet plus go through an underwater elevator during his missions

Those Flood missions were cancer

10 year old me thought he was amazing when this game came out. Don’t underestimate the fun a couple of young kids can have playing split screen campaign.

Nostalgia is not an arguement

But he literally has the best mission in the game Quarantine Zone.

Attached: 22970560-F234-4447-B0B8-A524220DB8ED.jpg (480x360, 18K)

You shouldn’t hold a game that came out in 2004 to the standards of today.

>"If they came to hear me beg"

>Best mission in the game
>Not Metropolis

Attached: 1516126897345.gif (250x167, 1.21M)

Overrated mission but gets credit for having the scarab gun and giant soccer ball.

Attached: 7CD94A6F-D00B-4702-8224-31DC8D310411.jpg (1000x800, 68K)

“The council will have their corpse”
Chills every time

I can and will because games FPS games have only gotten worse since then and , that final boss fight wasn't any less of a grind 15 years ago. Saying this as a guy that has 2 as his favorite

>not Uprising/The Great Journey
fighting alongside Hunters makes it an instant 10/10

>Shipmaster, were outnumbered 3 to 1!
>Then it is an even fight. All cruisers, open fire! Blast their mongrel hides!

Attached: odst pepe.png (2250x2167, 620K)

I fucking love Halo2 and I was a quakebabby. I'm honestly okay with zoomers changing the opinion of halo on Yea Forums because it had such a fun story

>I? I am a monument to all your sins.
Every line from the Gravemind is fantastic.

Attached: Halo-2-Anniversary-Gravemind-2.png (1039x543, 365K)

Fire at will*
Burn* their mongrel hides

Casual

untrue

I've always wondered why a Halo film has such difficulty getting off the ground.

They made that TV show, but it was CW level drama.

Would it be that hard to make a film in this style? Did they think it wouldn't sell?
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

Before 343 shat on the series, it was also the only boss fight in the series.

As far as writing goes
2 > 3 = 1 > ODST > Wars = Reach = 4 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 5
I need to get to playing Wars 2

Attached: 1555133578893.jpg (1100x992, 168K)

Bruh, like, just glitch a banshee into that boss fight, bruh

Halo 2 sucks

Attached: 1559173590163.jpg (720x693, 61K)

God what a fucking awful opinion.
Yes, absolutely.

Still better than any other Halo

user, that wasn't an Arbiter mission.

Neil Blomkamp was the perfect man for it. Fuck MS for not letting it happen.
youtu.be/SyOAdrxlPVs

Attached: mnm.jpg (1777x999, 453K)

>Johnson uses a beam rifle to take down his shields
>If you pick up a bean rifle early into the level, you can do it yourself instead of waiting on Johnson
Its the little things

Attached: by the rings.jpg (387x387, 45K)

You can't prove that.

Halo 2's story has lots of holes and retarded ideas that wrote the whole series into a corner.

Attached: 1559079904301.jpg (577x341, 30K)

>not glitching in the alien warthog

Will we ever see FPS games with as much soul as Halo or are we doomed to an eternity of "class-based" shooters and loot-shoot grindfests?

>not duplicating Johnson 5 times

I'd say there's hope with Infinite but it feels like lying.

That's why I need MCC on PC ASAP. It'll keep me busy a few years.

Halo 2 is based on a bunch of fucking nonsense one-liners and musical motifs. The fact that it has a coherent and even acclaimed plot speaks wonders of how it is written.

it was kind of fucking retarded that the Prophets turned on the Elites like that
I wish Halo 3 had revealed a larger political reason for doing that that wasn't apparent at the time but instead they just made Truth crazy which seems like a cop out

It says more about the plot of CE than anything else

False and homosexual

>the leader of overzealous religious fanatics may be crazy
Come on man that's like the one time it may not be a cop out

he didn't seem at all crazy during Halo 2

my unironic favorite mission is outskirts because i enjoy the rooftop skip for some reason
probably because it's babby's first out-of-bounds

>The Hunters have come to our aid, Arbiter! They will fight by our side!

Attached: 1533927915630.jpg (480x436, 19K)

I respect it. Its probably my second most played mission besides Metropolis because of how much fun it is to explore the roof tops.

What did Gravemind mean by this?

Attached: Gravemind_plays.jpg (1080x1240, 525K)

>Arbiter levels
>bad

only the first three arbiter levels are bad, Quarantine Zone and the last two are kino

Completing this combat

>By the Prophets... what have these brutes done? They have shed our brothers blood and for that, they must die.

Attached: 8a01dcff1fd3b4e9aa156c575f4330bec6186caev2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

Just watched all the cutscenes from Halo 2.

It holds up until the point where Johnson and the Arbiter team-up. Mostly because that's the first time it's confirmed that we didn't get translated speech on the Covenant side for his part of the story, it's just that Elites speak english.

He probably was worried that the closer they got to the truth about the rings, the more pushback he'd get from the elites because they wouldn't suck down his bullshit as easy as the brutes. Contact Harvest is about Truth's rise to power being built on the lie that Humans wouldn't immediately usurp everyone as the most important race by the rules of their religion. He simply did what would ensure he'd be able to remain on top of everything.

Of all the Halo games, Halo 2 is the only one where the plot and pacing would suit a film.

Only problem is that it'd be a film about the Arbiter, not Master Chief.
not really a problem because unlike Master Chief, the Arbiter has a personality

Writing wise:
2 > 3 > CE > Wars > 5 > Reach >>>>>>>>>> 4

Fuck that. That alone puts it behind 3. Always makes me cringe hearing that shit.

What were they thinking?!

Attached: 1466629165775.jpg (642x756, 56K)

Dialogue, plot, cinematics. It's a shame the "muh cheef" kids were too stupid and young to appreciate it.

They removed it in the remake

You like breaking benjamin you don't get to post that pic against anybody.

the "halo" title kind of fucks the series desu
couldn't just do a UNSC v. Covenant game that doesn't include a Halo or other Forerunner structure

At least they removed the lyrics in-game so it's just an instrumental. Would've been worse otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQC6-PHDs7U

Can't wait for the nude mods.

Attached: .png (846x571, 510K)

Based Ark Assault poster

>Black marine just casually standing as a plasma burst nearly hits him at 1:50-1:53
Lmao what the fuck, never noticed that before

We just discussed this yesterday dude. Arbiter's campaign was fine but Chief's was not. It was cut off and that made people mad.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7pzHYpxrQ
Absolutely right OP

I don't get it.

Captain King in film would be the absolute best secondary protagonist.
He needs someone else to take lead though.

Incorrect. It just makes the storytelling 10 times better.

>The ODST getting wrecked by the grav hammer
Brutal

Halo is babby's first FPS, you're either an aging former dudebro or a zoomer who was 7 when it came out.

stopping this skirmish

It was a lot of fun, glad I experienced it.

>Master Chief, mind telling us what you're doing on that ship?
>fucking off and coming not coming back for a few years lol

Keith David as Arbiter is SSS tier casting. Such a good actor, along with 2Truth's.
youtu.be/_pGYyocIsBo

Attached: 114330-hi.jpg (636x358, 234K)

Wrong. The original is better but it was as good of a remaster/remake of cutscenes as I have ever seen.
Also wrong. One of the things I loved about Bungie's Halo was that all cutscenes were made in engine. The only thing differentiating it from gameplay was unique animations and hud. I found that incredibly honest and because the game looked technologically impressive in its time and still looks good today. it was impressive. Few people were doing that in the OG xbox era. The cutscenes made for H2A are good but they are too over the top and ultimately distracting. Its like a jump between two different realities. It makes the imperfections with gameplay graphics more glaring. I won't call them bad because I think they are well made in a lot of ways but I do think its the wrong direction. But I do approve of the in game graphics and the multiplayer. Even if I still would rather play in OG mode constantly.

Halo 2 is peak kinoludo

Blur did a great job with some of the cutscenes. Being able to read the Arbiters facial expressions made me wish for a pure covenant Halo title.

Confirmed not to happen anytime soon.

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.29M)

343 still has the retarded idea that people want to play as tacticool snowflake power rangers instead of Elites?

A 343i stated that on the Halo Archive with a rather disappointed attitude. It's controlled by the shareholders.

Attached: .png (1840x1878, 1.96M)

imagine being able to work on halo but you only get to be the guy that puts the pizza skins on the assualt rifle models and shit like that

In-engine is fine, but the fact they tried to make the cutscenes as best they could in H2A shows dedication and it makes me appreciate the storytelling more (more subtle facial expressions, sound effects, etc.) If going from CG to in-game breaks your immersion, I don't know what to tell you dude. Sounds like a you problem. I guarantee if they had the time and budget to put pre-rendered cutscenes in the OG Halo 2, they would've.

At the behest of some balding 50 year old who thinks the game should be more like that Fort Night his kid plays.

>You are the Arbiter, the will of the Prophets... but these are my elites. Their lives matter to me, yours does not.
>That makes two of us.
Hmmmm
love this scene

Attached: Screenshot (76).png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

schadenfreude to the utmost degree since im a 2 fag anyway

Absolute fucking kino. We need this treatment for CE and 3's cutscenes.

Bungie was so fucking good, what the fuck happened bros?

I-imagine them kissing in the heat of that moment. Just as a joke though.

Attached: .png (746x746, 387K)

ceasing this scuffle

Retarded and out of character.

Culminating this confrontation.

I would've preferred pre-rendered cutscenes originally. They wouldn't have looked as graphically impressive as H2A but they still would've been nicer to look at. The original cutscenes have those horrible graphical blips or pops when a scene changes.

It's not out of character for Thel to get a piece of that Rtass. He would've grown tired of breeding with his multiple wives. Rtas is an actual challenge.

Attached: .png (1464x1900, 1.87M)

And gay user, don't forget the gay.

What is it with you elite fetish weirdos...

How long before 343 shoehorns some homosex agenda into mainline Halo?

Activision

Blow Me Away was actually written for the game

Just niche furfags

getting that personal with the covenant made them way less interesting. They essentially blew their whole load for all the mystery they built around them.

thats a slant rhyme but ill 'llow it
killing this kerfuffle

They shit up every Halo thread.

not a slant rhyme wait shit now im the retard

Terminating this tussle

>Sounds like a you problem
No need to be a cunt there, sport. It wasn't a problem in the real version of the game. Its less about immersion and more about flow. It is a jump between two different realities. I find it distracting and lacks the honesty. As for facial expressions. Yeah there are more? Yeah they look good? I still play in original graphics in cutscenes. Its how it was supposed to be played.
> I guarantee if they had the time and budget to put pre-rendered cutscenes in the OG Halo 2, they would've
Hypotheticals? Alright. Yet curiously they didn't put in pre rendered cutscenes in 3 or Reach when they had all of microsoft's money. ODST either but that was small time. Either way the best cutscene in the series is the original Jenkins' helmet cam. Less is more.

Attached: transformers.jpg (283x266, 20K)

it'd look really silly

belaying this battle

>Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have come.
>But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on.
>I will ask, and you will answer!

>Alright, shoot.
Literally Joe Staten is a fucking god and Halo is nothing without him.

Attached: StatenAFact.png (922x162, 43K)

This is the most accurate post ITT.

Well there’s Doom Eternal at least, provided they don’t somehow fuck it up

I don't think they were particularly going for the mystery-angle with the Covenant. More with the Forerunner stuff instead. Covies were just aliens you shot at until Halo 2, which improved on things.

Based iambic heptameter villains who did literally nothing wrong

I don't know if grunts knowing English from watching tv was canon at this point, but maybe Arbiter had enough respect or even fear for his enemies that he got a grunt to teach him English.
Bungie should have just used Johnsson's German dub for those levels to keep the language barrier.

In an interview with a Bungie employee, he said they classified Forerunners as non-humans after CE.

Attached: .png (819x1316, 715K)

Halo 2 has no right to be as good as it is for how little dev time was put in.

Anulling this altercation

Attached: 20190328_030335.jpg (2000x1125, 725K)

>Bungie should have just used Johnsson's German dub for those levels to keep the language barrier.
Thats a really creative solution to that inconsistency. It would need a few tweaks to the writing in that situation but nothing crazy.

finalizing this fisticuffs

>Do not be afraid. I am peace, I am salvation.
>I am a timeless chorus. Join your voice to mine and sing victory everlasting!
Good ol' Gravemind just wanted to stop the endless conflict. Give me the choice and I'd join Daddy Floods hivemind.
Nah fuck that, I follow Joe Staten's lore. And in his lore Humans=Forerunners. And considering the games were incredible up until Joe left, that tells everyone that unless Joe wrote it, its not Halo.

Truth was subject to some moderate character assassination in halo 3.

You are probably typing out a response now but I'm tired and going to bed. I'm glad you liked H2A. I liked it too. The original is better.

hmm...

Attached: Joe Staten Writing.png (1560x800, 210K)

I've always loved the 'That makes two of us' line. Shows how much stock Arbiter placed in his comrades over himself.

>worshiping halo's version of nurgle
no fucking thanks

Attached: 1556062335897.jpg (236x304, 15K)

MASTER CHIEF!
THE UNIVERSE IS CALLING US AGAIN!

>The Gravemind speaks in a distinct way
>Trochaic heptameter
>Some madman had to construct these deliberate sentences of stressed/unstressed syllables and then make sure each one was between 12-14 syllables AND make sure they made sense.
What mad man wrote this nonsense?

>(this) (one) (is) (ma-chine) (and) (nerve),
>(and) (has) (it's) (mind) (con-clu-ded).

Attached: 1559623106008.jpg (680x781, 71K)

He isnt Nurgle you fucking heretic. He was as witty as Tzeentch, as benevolent as the Tau, as loving as Slannesh, as steadfast as the Emperor and a little bit smelly.

>not also worshipping nurgle
the fuck bro?

Is this the excuse you use to avoid showering?

>I find it distracting and lacks the honesty.
Making something look better for cinematic viewing isn't "dishonest." And again, I don't find it distracting. There are countless games that don't use in-engine assets for CS, and if they do, they're usually touched up to look extra nice. I wasn't trying to be a cunt, but you are genuinely the first person I've seen complain about the Blur cinematics. I will agree that the hand-animated cutscenes in Halo 3 and ODST had a certain charm that can't be captured by mocap.

>Less is more.
That saying doesn't apply to everything.

Attached: 1501663781_tumblr_nec8hhkcSo1qbtlzqo1_500.gif (500x260, 1.82M)

no its the out i get so that my horrible gut diseases wont suck so much raw ass you fucking plebian

Why are you pretending this is memorable or good, might aswell praise random h4 dialogue aswell.
>Mind giving us more time to pack
>"HolY FUCK, SO ICONIC"
But no its not from the bungie games so its automatically shit apparently.

Ah shit I didn't see this, but...
>The original is better.
no.

I'd rather keep my dick n balls intact.

>might aswell praise random h4 dialogue aswell
You 343tards can fuck right off.
>But no its not from the bungie games so its automatically shit apparently.
This, but unironically.

Attached: this is how 343tards unironically think.png (2300x218, 70K)

>Why are you pretending this is memorable or good, might aswell praise random h4 dialogue aswell.
We aren't pretending. Everybody who's played Halo 2 remembers those lines because they're isolated and punchy. They have weight due to the timing in the dialogue and the inflection of the actors.

Attached: yorjp6.gif (320x180, 1.34M)

>dude it feels good to be a rotting sack of disease and bones lmao
nurglefags are worse than fucking stoners

ohohoh if only you knew my friend

>please just tell me which on of us is the machine..
fucking stupid and tryhard philosophical question that again, tries to hard to make you feel for the characters.
>You found me.. When so much of me is wrong, out of place. I think you might be to late.
Kino

Everyone in this thread is cringing at both of you faggots.

there's no-one in this thread but you and me fuckface

>and lacks the honesty
What the fuck kind of retarded thinking is this?

Cunt join me and the gravemind and we can have endless arguments with ourselves.

Arbiter is literally my fucking favorite Video game character. Absolute badass with every line quotable.

Wish we could play as him again one day...

...Were it so easy...

Attached: wereitsoeasy.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

lick my buttcrack, nigger

Attached: 1557553605294.jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

>Were it so easy
Learn and get into the habit of greentexting, faggot.

>please just tell me which on of us is the machine..
Iconic, goes deep into the human philosophy and the meaning of being human, kino for the thinking man.
>You found me.. When so much of me is wrong, out of place. I think you might be to late.
Generic "damaged girl" TV dialogue, was this taken out of Twilight?

What was Guilty Spark?

truths va change was the worst thing about halo 3

a miniboss

Halo is under fire! He's sent an emergency directive:

FINISH THE FIGHT!

>sir, permission to leave the thread
>for what purpose, user?
>to give reddit back their reply

Attached: permission granted.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Halo 3 should have been the final game just like Gears of War. Instead 343 took a shit all over everything just completely ruining it with their shit fanfiction writing.

Attached: 1557665753508.gif (240x221, 1017K)

I was a campaign kiddie too but now I only care about the multiplayer. Once you fuck up with shit sequels it makes the whole series worse.

Attached: 47478_munn1_123_562lo.jpg (3320x3600, 929K)

fuck off

yeah tight

Attached: 1552621637051.gif (540x304, 1.39M)

so explain why truth in two seemed to be conniving, opportunistic, grounded and have some master plan including the arbiter, he lets the others die, seemed smart enough to know what the great journey was even,
But in three he just goes full kooky zealot

zoom zoom

La goblina...

Final game in the mainline series sure, but ODST is great and Reach had its moments.
Also Gears 4 is better than 3.

3 was originally the other half of 2. By the point 2 was out the door development became difficult and a butting of heads internally over little stuff like that.

chad joe making homos stand down with their shit ideas.

k thanks user

Because 3 was written by a bunch of hacks

Ha ha being a furfaggot. So quirky.

buuuuuuut user arbiter doesn't even haaaaave fur you're shooting at the brutes which are all technically furries y'know

The Arbiter has an uncut cock coated in smegma

writing team was literally sidelined during 3's development.

pretty sure the writing team from 2 was mostly axed because babies in the early 2000's cried that they were playing someone different, and couldn't listen to a story for more than 5 minutes.

I'm not

>Halo 2 has the best dialog of any game and the best story of any Halo game by far.
In your opinion.

Furfaggots and Xenofaggots need to be gassed.