Why does Yea Forums hate 15 again despite being a return to form for FF compared to the disaster that was 13...

Why does Yea Forums hate 15 again despite being a return to form for FF compared to the disaster that was 13. 15 actually has a competent story, isn’t linear trash, and has a good battle system.

Attached: C00966F6-3F12-4DC8-A52A-DB6F28ACCBE8.jpg (962x1200, 244K)

AUTOMATED ANNOUNCEMENT
----------
THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DETERMINED TO BE UNDER 5'5
----------
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

idk user
the sad truth of it is that final fantasy hasn't been good since X at the latest
the only reason I still love XII, XIII-2, and XV is my own nostalgic connection to the franchise

and hey FF has always had the best graphics
the best music
and all in all is a compelling package

but FF as an influential series has been dead for more than 10 years

Battle system sucks. Combat is completely souless with no challenge or difficulty.

Story is complete dog shit after they tried to take an extensive story and condense it down into one game and have someone with no story writing experience rewrite the script and scenario for the game.

DLC was planned to add in all the content lost from the gutting of the original project.

A fantasy based on feedback.

13 was a good game, hence why they made a trilogy out of it.

>15 actually has a competent story, isn’t linear trash
It literally had no story, it needed dozens of patches and DLC to build one, and still was shit.

no waifus

A walking simulator with occasional automated combat sections is not a good game

>15 actually has a competent story,
lol
>isn’t linear trash,
The second half is, and the first half goes too far in the other direction.
>and has a good battle system.
lol

except for XIV which is arguably the strongest MMO on the market and the only sub-based one not either a burning trashfire or dead

XIV is an MMO and therefore complete and utter trash. It's terrible to play and is just WoW.

>mmo
>good

You really overestimate the complexity of jrpgs then. All of them are exactly like that. Even FF15 is just mash the same button to win and a driving simulator. Even FF10 was a shitty walking simulator.

13 was bad and super disappointing when it came out and it still is miles better than 15. I still somehow enjoyed it, but it's the worst one from the ones I played by far (6-15).

>competent story
It barely has a story, and it's badly told. Even if everything went perfect, the "story" would still be bad

>isn’t linear trash
it is after chapter 9, and there is nothing wrong with linearity if you want a story-focused jrpg

>has a good battle system
It's definitely not as bad as some make it out to be, but isn't that good

>a competent story

That doesn't sound right.

They fell for the open world sandbox meme.
The world felt like it was the cut content from MGSV with a few fantasy-looking setpieces

>77.81 GiB
too large to even pirate

Attached: 1460911372947.jpg (720x960, 70K)

FFXV was super fun for me. I played it for 45 hours on release and it was the best FF I had played since FFX.
oddly enough teh DLC made me hate the game. Because all of the DLC had worse and worse writing. More anime bullshit.
Episode Ignis and Episode Ardyn are absolute cancer that ruined the game.

I genuinely don't understand why people keep making threads about this game. Literally everything that can possibly be said, has

>competent story

Try and summarize a good story from a game, movie, book, etc to a friend in 5 minutes. Chances are your friend will be a bit confused and tons of details, characters, important events, twists will need to be left out because you only have five minutes to tell the story as best as possible.

You can summarize the entire "story" of Final fantasy XV in two minutes including every major detail and nothing will be left out, just like a baby's bedtime story

>despite being a return to form for FF
off to a good start.

Attached: 1545846155565.jpg (640x736, 42K)

>15 actually has a competent story

Is OP a troll or are there people who actually believe this?

XV's story is incoherent and broken as fuck to the point that it's glaringly obvious that this is a product that switched hands several times and never actually got completely. There are lots of points that are introduced pointlessly to never be spoken of again, or shit that comes out of nowhere that was never spoken of prior to that point but the game acts like you should be familiar by now. Even XIII, for all its faults, had a completed, coherent story, even if it wasn't a very good one.

I hate FFXV because it disappointed me more than any other piece of media ever has. How a game can have a ten year development cycle and still come out so fragmented, unpolished, and half-baked boggles the mind. I feel like it was the final nail in the coffin for the FF series, and I doubt we'll ever get a FFXVI unless it's an MMO to succeed FFXIV. We'll get remakes and spinoffs but we'll probably never get another original single-player FF game again (hell even FFXV technically wasn't an original mainline game, it was just the cobbled together shattered remains of a FFXIII spinoff project.)

>story makes no sense
>most ridiculous villain in the history of the franchise, worse than Seymour
>banter between side characters is painful and autistic
>Cindy
>magical atmosphere of FF replaced with road trip in Arizona
>Cor is the most interesting character of the game and all he gets is 20 minutes of gameplay
>battle system is mashing random keys until random numbers pop up and you've won

FF7 remake will unfortunately suffer the same fate