If the US government outlaws lootboxes, will the prices of games go up...

If the US government outlaws lootboxes, will the prices of games go up? EA and the like aren't just going to accept making less money.

Attached: 1532455925655.jpg (1400x1980, 535K)

>Microtransation are in because gamedev is expensive!
Yeah, they will increase the prices
And the whales will buy it anyway

No, they'll just make it so instead of lootboxes you just buy cosmetics outright the way it should've been from the start.

Getting rid of lootboxes just means more DLC will take its place, even if it's masked as some sort of "bonus"

Attached: 1548148905201.jpg (3024x3600, 1.64M)

The prices of games already went up.

>Deluxe editions
>Season passes
>DLC

And this

If it's just US they'll keep it in EU only, and have the servers shared. Whales will just buy lootboxes on VPN.

If lootboxes disappear then I think publishers will just revert back to pumping their games full of cut content DLC and microtransaction

Attached: cVqzbjZ.gif (356x356, 507K)

That's how it was at the start, they changed to lootboxes because the only reason anyone cares about cosmetics is if they got some sort of artificial rarity.

Maybe 60-80% of a game's budget shouldn't be marketing then. Just a thought.
They still do this shit even with the lootboxes.

Attached: 1557184150988.gif (392x482, 48K)

If EA and other greedy ass companies goes back to season pass microtransaction shit, wouldn't that be lower profit for investors?

they still do this dumbass

>Maybe 60-80% of a game's budget shouldn't be marketing then. Just a thought.
You're right, but be prepared for some corporate cocksucker saying they need to.

Yeah. Artificial rarity will be created with price tiers instead, so now seeing someone in ultra-rare skins means they're richer or willing to spend more than you and others.
Artificial rarity is just that, artificial, you can create it just by making skins limited edition, more expensive, or both. A decent example is the Mercy Breast cancer awareness skin, it cost $20, and you rarely see it. It's arguably the rarest Overwatch skin out there. If they made skins like that, limited by number or time-frame, and expensive, it'll accomplish the same effect.

But you don't understand we need to spend triple the dev cost to advertise it so we can make back our money we spent advertising it.

Unless you're 100% certain you'll love a game and want it day one, why don't you ALREADY wait for price drops?

Why the fuck would you buy most modern games at launch when so many of them are broken for weeks or months afterward, and by the time patches have fixed the problems they're like $25 on Amazon

Attached: 1553594333937.jpg (1280x1006, 273K)

If increased prises is what we pay for future games not being designed around inducing gambling or pay to not grind, I’ll gladly accept it.

They can’t do that because people will stop buying.

this

don't fucking worry about this shit, OP

only times i buy day one or p close is when my friends do it so we can all play together, i really like the series/idea of the game and want it to succeed, or its a limited release or i think it will not be available later

Which I hope happens to be honest. Hope then they'll finally realize that instead of trying to squeeze money out of their customers, they should change the way games are currently being made.

They will never raise the price of games. They would've done it a long ass time ago if they were going to

>will the prices of games go up
No, certain games won't be made from hereon though.

They will, it will all be in tandom and likely in increments of $10. The nature and inevitability of inflation dictates that they MUST increase at some point.

The standard used to be $50, zoomer.

What bothers me is the fact that all the cash cows don't have all this shit, so why the push? Do you think Bethesda is going to get another Skyrim after they murdered their image with FO4 and FO76, TE6 will sell, but that damage will show.
Monster Hunter World is on it's way to being Capcom's best selling game with the MTX for it just being some gestures and stickers.
The Witcher 3 just has straight DLC
All of Nintendo's first party titles before Breath of the wild.
God of War
The only games that have this shit and make money are Fifa, Cod, the TF2 clones and Battle Royal games. With the latter two quickly falling out of favor based on Blizzard's current situation.

Attached: 1423624857854-2.jpg (1000x1402, 124K)

HANA
SONG

Attached: dva4.jpg (976x1300, 387K)

Probably not since theres only so much normalfags are willing to throw at a single game at a given instance. Thats why they can get away with season passes and the like. If you tell dudebro10001 that the next CoD is a flat $20 extra he'll just go spend $30 on fortnite skins.

They already did.

>$60 for the base game
>$50 for the season pass (the rest of the game)

$60 doesn't get you the full game anymore. It's just the shell price, and you buy the rest of it in the form of DLC, season passes, and microtransactions.

Attached: 81YUQAv7QZL._SL1500_.jpg (1204x1500, 254K)

>All of Nintendo's first party titles before Breath of the wild.
I need to elaborate on this.
BoTW's DLC is wildly considered to be content that should have been in the base game and SMO is lacking the World-Star that's become expected in Mario titles. The world-star is likely to be sold to us later if it ever happens.

Attached: 1412307429684-2.png (752x800, 594K)

The cash cows do have this shit though, what are you on about.
>Do you think Bethesda is going to get another Skyrim after they murdered their image with FO4 and FO76
Absolutely
Fifa and Cod are the cash cows.

Wait a year. The entire complete edition is on sale for $25
The year after that its $15

This image is backwards. Watching other people play games that you don't even know is for normal people, not nerds.

They can't make a skin cost hundreds without being ridiculed, but there are whales who will spend that much on lootboxes on a whim.

Attached: 1555266379758.jpg (650x650, 39K)

>Fifa and Cod are the cash cows.
Activison is losing their base of edgy teens to Fortnite and many European countries started studies into gatcha shit type mechanics with damning conclusions coming from the ones already finished. Fifa ultimate team isn't going to be around for much longer. Bethesda fucked up so bad with 76 that Normalfags are seeing it and it's making news. People are going to see that company name on that box and think about skyrim then the sack of shit they put out a few years earlier then say "They really lost their touch." and skip over it.

Honestly this is what I try to do, except by the time most games drop in price I just stop caring and don't even bother getting them. Also you got any more like that pic?

That wouldn't hold if it's an rts

Take a look at Star Citizen.

ITT: Poor people

>Nerdification
Boner alert.

Which company would people want to crash and burn the most?

Besides EA

Attached: 1534985187894.png (403x346, 249K)

>ITT non-whores who spend their money wisely.

Ftfy

activision

>spoiler
Activision-Blizzard I guess.

This, everyone is cheering for the outlawing of loot boxes, but all it means is more content being """cut""", and turned into mini dlc packs of $5 each.

Eventually that practice will be outlawed and we will be one step closer to the industry crashing.

But user, if people pay just once for the skin they want, then no one will put any more money into the game beyond the game itself and whatever skin they preferred.

Joke aside, If I could buy the gambler McCree skin for $10 instead of buying $50 of boxes just to get it, Blizzard would ree.

So, like it was before lootboxes?

>one step closer to the industry crashing.
I personally don't like how people say this like it's a GOOD thing. All I see is gaming potentially being ruined forever, or being set back.

>Atlus releases the same game again for the same system 3 years later
>the masses universally cheer at the chance to buy P5 again for 60 dollars

This is how I know this medium is fucked

Attached: 1556157430628.png (1776x2045, 3.21M)

it's been more than a year, SMO is not getting anything.

Yeah, just look at these GREAT AAA games released during the last 10 years.

BTW, why the fuck do YOU type like a RETARD?

more like HANA DONG lmao!

Attached: 20171119_025602.jpg (1280x1008, 581K)

They will use it as an excuse and blame gamers but in reality it just means that corporations have to try harder to earn money instead of exploiting people

this also

Where were you when they did this with P3?

Attached: 1497153347434.png (1143x717, 842K)

But that's exactly how it was before.

Regardless, buying stuff outright is better than gambling.

If the prices go up I simply won't buy them until much later during sales. Simple.

You mean the game released long before DLC and which, in Japan, actually did have the new content available as an add-on disc? Yeah man I think this is a little different.

fuck does an uncensored version exist out there?

Attached: 1553637537071.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

I'm not playing devils advocate, I'm just saying I don't think wishing for the industry to be put to the torch is a good idea for the future of video gaming. In fact I feel there's a small chance a crash could kill the industry, and gaming as a whole, or at least how we know it.

>at least how we know it.
>"we"
I don't care about the gayming "you" know, retarded zoomer. Just give me the late 90s/early 00s vidya industry.

Is the game industry too big to crash?

Attached: mei6.png (1850x1290, 862K)

>this is a little different.
What you mean atlus rereleasing everything to bleed the fans out of money? It's all about conditioning, people are used to it, fucked but whatever, never bought P5 on release for that sole reason.

we as in, ALL of us retard. You wanna go back to dated graphics and gameplay being the cheap imitation you see crap tv shows have when they portray "video games"?

Basically, but people keep thinking crashes are easy because let's be real here, Yea Forums outside of /biz/ doesn't really know how economics work. It's why you still see some people legit thinking TORTanicing games can still work.

>"I'm a retarded zoomer"
Yeah, that's my point.

>/biz/ know about economy
Image being this clueless.

Attached: 47d.jpg (437x431, 23K)

BUY HIGH SELL LOW

Games will likely just go back to microtransactions and either remove the boxes entirely or just leave boxes as an in game reward only with no way to purchase it with real money much like HoTS just did.

They'll probably switch to a Battle Pass system
A Lot of f2p games are already doing it, Paladins, Battlerite, Quake etc.

Kind of up in the air as to if its more consumer friendly though, Quake's for example would have taken 50~ hours to complete under ideal conditions and it's on a time based system
You can either grind those 50 hours for everything or spend money to outright skip it.

IN A THONG

>what is fortnite

Eating utensils

What sort of bootlicker do you have to be to think some old guys who have never played a video game from the south or some old loon like Nancy Pelosi can make video games better? The government literally has never made anything in the history of time. It can only make things better for a few people at the expensive of society at a whole.

Attached: 1551627229794.jpg (852x536, 62K)

I am kinda in the middle on battle passes. Compared to loot boxes I think it's a better monetisation system and some of the ones I've seen promote different gameplay style or challenges to earn the stuff. But the time limitations on them seem like an easy way to exploit people if depending on how long you have them for.

And how is letting corporations do whatever they want any better?

No one said that should do whatever they want. But at the end of the day, they are a company. A company is forced to provide value in order for you to willingly give you there money. If someone doesn't want to buy a lootbox, then they will cease to exist. Companies would stop making them. However, people by them because they want to - so there is a mutually beneficial exchange. Why would you want to make that illegal?

Attached: 1549241706524.png (398x482, 170K)

Welcome to how laws work. Trust me, I'd rather the government stay out of as many things as possible but (((they))) bring on themselves every time for not regulating and catching their attention.

Well yeah. Want to know how devs can stop having billion dollar budgets? Downsize. Hire less people and go back to PS2 level graphics not every game has to be a Hollywood blockbuster.

God, imagine D Va waking up on what would unknowingly be the final day of her life.

Imagine her showering in the morning, rubbing her divine cunt clean, thinking of all the men she's cucked, and slipping into her skin tight mecha suit, showing off her perfect body to the world, before going into combat for the day.

Imagine her surprise when the enemies were more prepared than usual, and began slaughtering her teammates. Imagine the fear and terror that she would go through as she pissed herself when her mech gets shot down, her face, spewing vomit and contorted into hellish fear, shown to the entire world over her livestream as the mech explodes, destroying her perfect life in one fell swoop.

The only reason they are trying to pass this bill is because they know they can demagogue soccer mom's into a frenzy about Loot Boxes taking advantage of children so they will turn out to vote.

Attached: Blonde-Hair-Blue-Eyed-Jesus-728x803.jpg (728x803, 116K)

*piracy intensifies*

there's nothing mutually beneficial if you read the terms of use. what you get for your money is little more than hope they will have the servers on tomorrow.