What does this image makes you feel

What does this image makes you feel

Attached: ADCFD90C-D9E8-4384-92B3-B23FD420219E.jpg (1405x1509, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U8iuqRsdqfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this the best fake leak that has ever happened?

It makes me hope that Sakurai and his team realize just how much people want those characters in the next Smash game.

Ta dead ca chakal mdrrr

Distress

people are fucking dumb. shadow shouldve been the instant giveaway, he doesnt look within the artstyle

a mix of sadness of what could've been

Whoever made this must have been rolling on the floor during the final direct.
Props.

Attached: He's not going to get away with this!.gif (370x235, 1.99M)

I'll be honest, it got me good. The whole week leading up to the sunrise Smash Direct was exhausting. At least we got Piranha Plant out of all of it, which was an even bigger surprise

Attached: 338869.jpg (225x350, 36K)

honestly, it was too good to be true
the only thing that would've make it a 100% aggravating leak for me is if they added saki and rayman

Attached: 1559514124671.png (355x450, 112K)

All these banjofags celebrating today throws me back to this. Will history repeat itself?

No it's zoomzoom's first fake leak.
Anyone with half a brain knew it was fake.

Attached: 1559507603882.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

youtu.be/U8iuqRsdqfM

never believed it for a second because good things never happen

Attached: 1553735342768.jpg (3527x2975, 3.98M)

How did you know it was fake?

Attached: Grinchfags.png (1757x881, 96K)

>calls zoomers idiots
>posts captain zoomzoom who leads his zoomer team in a movie for zoomers

That and well
>sakurai had stated that there wouldn't be too many newcomers because of the EVERYONE IS HERE

and yet people still had hopes that 7 characters would appear on a single direct

I said unlikely the first time.

The leaker literally has a 300+ iq to make a leak this convincing. I am not stupid for believing it. Even my mom told me I'm smart, so don't pretend you didn't believe it too.

I'm not mad, just sad.

Attached: 1553128726351.png (933x695, 946K)

>IF YOU WERE OKAY WITH THE GRINCH LEAK, YOU'RE A GRINCHFAG HURRDURR

Attached: 1468172374373.png (472x358, 268K)

>retards are also liars
Go figure.

>You are still a grinchfag if you pick this one

Attached: 1557349437689.gif (275x225, 133K)

My mom said I'm smarter.

Same, would have killed to get Shadow in, even if he was just an echo.

>that sample size
Fag

if you thought they were going to reveal 5 completely new characters and 2 echoes in the span of one direct after sakurai himself said he would tone down on reveals, you are just braindead

Empty background was shopped to hell.

You know how I can tell a raging furfaggot made this post?

Attached: IMG_0407.jpg (648x460, 58K)

Ignoring that it's YET ANOTHER fucking blurry photoshop, and how the background didn't match the one that was shown months earlier:
>thinking that 7 fucking characters would be revealed all at once
>after they straight up said not to expect many more fighters
>and even admitted they may have blown their load too soon

People used the "he's trolling us" as a serious argument. Sakurai has this undeserved reputation of being a troll, when it's the fans that keep tricking themselves. Just look at all the Ridleyfags that kept insisting that Ridley showing up as a boss in a direct was "trolling and misdirection", only for it to turn out that he was a boss after all.

And the worst part? None of you will learn, and will all fall for the next shitty photoshop.

Attached: warioplant.png (1000x1000, 804K)

you are a raging furfaggot too?

To be fair, the convincing part was that the whole deal with the French printing and the Linkedin account. A lot of time was put into it and made it a bit more believable

This.

Grinch was ultimately good for the board imo. You fags were getting way too sour after Isabelle, with this we at least had something to talk about.

honestly isaac, mach rider, and chorus kids hurt a bit because i think that was probably their last chance at making it (barring a revival of franchise or some unforeseen external factors) but Banjo will be in in a week, Geno was probably never even a possibility (sadly, mostly just wanna see the community get what they want at this point) and Shadow sucks, so who cares.

Honestly, what killed the "leak" for me was Mach Rider.

The only time Sakurai ever explictly added a retro character for the sake of including one was Ice Climbers back in Melee. All the other ones added in later were added for more different reasons: Pit was a popular request worldwide, and Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B, and Duck Hunt were all intended to be "surprise characters", and each of them are significant to Nintendo's history.

Mach Rider makes no sense because he doesn't have the same popularity Pit had nor does he have a notable presence in Nintendo's history like Duck Hunt. If they were going to include a motorcycle riding NES era character, Excitebiker would make far more sense, as not only it's way more iconic and well known than Mach Rider, it's actually a long running series with multiple installments, with games on NES, N64, and Wii, whereas Mach Rider is just some random one-off IP that never made it past the NES. We already got Ice Climbers for that.

Shadow? Geno, Chorus Kid and Mech Rider were a give away from the start! And I would add Banjo into the mix too, let's not forget that all this "hype" for the Microsoft rep didn't truly start until this whole shit show of Steve VS Banjo for the final direct begin!

I honestly didn't believe it only because the chorus kids were involved. Not only is it an incredibly unlikely character choice but the proportions in the pic are off.

Attached: BILL.png (500x500, 149K)

IIRC the Mach Rider thing was because before Ultimate was announced, Sakurai published a photo of a Mach Rider figurine that he bought, and people were speculating over it before the Grinch.

I WANTED MACH RIDER SO BAD FUCK
I WOULD BAN THE OTHER 5 THAT DIDN'T GET IN FROM SMASH FOREVER FOR MACH RIDER

Attached: 1541871383740.jpg (784x700, 92K)

That wasn't Mach Rider, that just a figure that resembled a Kamen Rider character

We have been through more convincing fake leaks before, a blurred picture with some easy to do renders, with the most convoluted backstory ever, plus a cast full of pipedreams (the fact that Banjo was the none echo character that made the most sense was a dead give away)... For me the mystery is not how the picture was made, but how we spend so much time debating about this mess to begin with!

I fell for it. I didn't even like most of the characters in it but I believed there was a chance it was real. I liked the OC that came of that ~3 week period.

Attached: 1540527755341.png (840x1200, 1.85M)

Vergeben existed before the grinch.

Between that and the chairs... do you think the fandom is finally over looking for clues on Sakurai's office or this would mess will start again once Smash 6 is a thing?

Soon Banjo will be joining Ken as the Grinch survivors

Attached: 1559603239578.jpg (1280x720, 281K)

No other way that I'll get to post this outside of reminiscing about getting memed on by some mastermind fake leaker.

Attached: 1540486182940.gif (1093x615, 463K)

>easy to do
They shifted around a shit ton of characters that we didnt even have full renders of, on top of making up full new renders for the faked characters.
I'd like to ask what fake leak was more convincing, because the strongest arguments against Grinch leak were "Its kinda blurry" and "Its dumb choices"

Holy fuck i forgot the chairs. That was peak autism and i believed it

The image makes me feel joy

Attached: ACF976E0-453D-4D05-BB9F-9684FFBB6B36.gif (689x600, 14K)

I didn't believe it because it was too much

I think the leak itself was convincing enough but the fact that anyone actually thought they would reveal 5 newcomers and 2 echoes with 1.5 months to launch was retarded

Attached: 1547336596174.jpg (1024x547, 54K)

>It's been 7 full months since his reveal
Damn

A blurred picture means you don't need perfect renders, and can hide the imperfections of moving the picture around, and most of this, like Banjo and Shadow, are clearly based on existing ones.

Again, after the fake Rayman video and the fake Palutena render in four, nothing on the Grinch leak is actually that impressive, the only thing that seemed legit about the whole thing was the Grinch stuff, and only for how random it was. Nobody thought someone would bother to fake that, and to be honest I agree, I fully believe is not related to the fake and the author leave it by either accident or lazyness, not knowing he the beautiful disaster he just started!

Annoyance at normie smash fags

This. If the leaker kept to, say, Banjo/Ken/Shadow, even more people would've believed it.

What also was suspicious was how much it resembled the ESRB leak.
>both dropped right before release
>both had outside companies that were supposedly working with Nintendo
>both had a full roster

It's almost as if the creator of this shit was deliberately trying to emulate the ESRB. And since THAT leak is one-in-a-million by actually being real, then surely this similar one must also be real!

Attached: 1542672291436.png (460x558, 173K)

They should have reversed the order of newcomer announcements, besides Inkling. Having Incineroar and Ken revealed last was a mistake.
Alternatively, keep the same order for newcomers but then make the "Everyone is Here" announcement last.

Joy desu. Following the Grinch leak was probably the most fun I've ever had on this board, and I'm not ashamed to admit I believed it.

no, he just had money to pay someone to do it.

reminder the same fuck who bought out all the rosalina amigos to fuck over fans of her initially claimed responsibility for this too.

Fair enough then, I also forgot the actual shown possible background inconsistencies that were found.
God even that wasnt damning though since it was so fucking blurry.

I'd say the strongest argument was the ridiculousness of sakurai revealing that many characters at once.

The numbering isn't a gimmick, you know. Incineroar was revealed last because it was developed last.

Agreed.
The hype and shitposting was glorious though.

There's no fucking way the chorus kids are getting in. Any leak that has them included is instantly false.

It should of been completely thrown out once Earthquake theory came into play, that was the most retarded rosterfags have ever gotten

>No Pokemon rep
Feels like everyone is a fucking idiot for falling for it.

what confuses me so much was the coincidental evidence that popped up after the leak abouth the supposed company and how they worked with other games
>manage to find guys supposed name
>find his work
>worked on banners for other games like assasins creed
>apparently got fired
>company takes down video of their office apparently due to leak
its fucking crazy this was fake

Complete joy that so many people fell for this trash

This is the reason it was so believable, not the fucking blurry image, that's shit,
it's because like a million facts aligned and all the parts involved acted as if it was the real thing.

Ah well.

a little bit too much niche wish fulfilment to be true, i didn't let myself get hyped before anything was officially announced so i wasnt disappointed when we didnt get them, leaker was pretty smart in the way he set it up, but it just felt like another blurry phone screenshot "leak" was fun to shitpost about at least

Attached: 1556014977986.png (332x527, 5K)

The Grinch's spirit lives on in Banjo now

Attached: 1559650405008.png (637x783, 613K)

Grinch was the best outcome we would have gotten

This. It was all about Kencineroar and Steve, and whenever we'd try bringing up any other characters they'd pretty much smother us. The Grinch saved speculation

>The majority of anons still owe up to it
Nice

The numbering is a gimmick. Every character was numbered based on how they were revealed to the public. Look at Shiek and Zelda. Shiek is numbered first despite Zelda being the real character. Unless there's some interview out there saying otherwise, Zelda was probably developed before Shiek as well. Incineroar wasn't shown last because it was developed last, it was revealed last because they planned it.

>Sakurai says not to expect too many characters
>says after Isabelle they're running out of characters to reveal and have to space the remaining ones out.
>OMFG GUYS SEVEN MORE CHARACTERS A MONTH BEFORE RELEASE!
Or you could just say "it was blurry".

>Lmao how did he find a print studio and a person that worked on video games it's not like that's on the fucking internet.

This, that was the exact reason I never believed it.

Attached: Kamen Rider Mach.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

>Sakurai says not to expect too many characters
This is still really retarded. Ultimate had like 3 modes, a horrible single player mode, and a ton of cut content, and they didn't even have the time to add more than 6 newcomers? Yeah, I get that they brought back every character and a ton of stages, but they probably didn't take nearly as much time to develop as they did originally. They definitely had the time and resources to add at least 2 more newcomers and a few more stages. Don't even try to argue.

At least is more work done that 99% of the leaks faggot,
If you wanted you would've never thought about doing it as he did

It's literally
>trust me, my dad works for Nintendo
except you google for an actual dad who works at Nintendo first. It's only more "work" (google isn't work) than 99% of leaks because 99% of leaks are even less believable than this crock of shit.

We have a smart boy over here. You probably know how to decipher the lotterly winning numbers too

>this man actually thinks that coming up with an answer to the question, "where did this leak come from" that everyone will inevitably ask isn't a completely obvious and easy thing to do.
I legitimately don't understand you.