What does Yea Forums use to play fighting games?

What does Yea Forums use to play fighting games?

Attached: 1-5_1024x1024.png (1024x576, 564K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pI2IcgvpNRI&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Switch Pro.jpg (2121x1474, 213K)

I play Tekken with an Xbox One controller
I'm not very good at Tekken. Though that's not the controller's fault

are sticks really that much better than a controller? i have my doubts

I only use default controllers.
Sticks and other gizmos are a gigantic waste of money.

Keyboard

Attached: 1535786082038.gif (280x440, 50K)

some motions are easier when you have an entire hand to move the stick instead of just a thumb but its not a big deal

A plain old ps3/ps4 controller. I use the analog instead of the dpad.

Razer Panthera

old arcade stick i got when sf4 ae was big
buttons are still pretty damn good, but the sticks a pile of shit
thinking about replacing it with a korean stick for tekken, but then again i don't play it much

Any Tekken pro players use this thing?

Sticks and other controllers are a scam for impressionable dumb e-sport enthusiasts much like "gaming" mousepad, chairs, headphones, etc.
Imagine paying 200 bucks for that garbage.

>not playing a racing game with a wheel

Not in today's games but they're definitely more fun to play. It's very satisfying piano-ing those sanwa buttons and wagglan that stick around.
Superakouma from France. I'm sure there are others but he is the only notable one of the ones who win or get high placings at major tournaments.

I have a stick but I suck playing with it. I mainly play SF5 because I hate 3D fighting games like the newer Tekken games. I now use a 360 controller, but I still can't get the hang of most of the attacks. I've played for around 10 hours now, and ended up with a 10-40 streak, which is pretty bad. You can't really learn the game in casual games, because all you face are people that are smurfing.
I really want to get into fighting games, but the learning curve is soulcrushing.

It's worse because you can use a chair or headphones for any game or infact for other non-gaming applications but sticks are meant only to be used in this one specific very niche competitive game genre.

the stick more reliable than an analog stick and easier to work with than a d-pad, and sanwa buttons are reliable and feel good to mash
it does require cash and a new set of muscle memory though; it doesn't make anyone better but it's a decent improvement to the experience if you can afford it

It's just preference. Fight sticks are really nice controllers that are a ton of fun to use, even if they don't really provide much tactical advantage.

I only play fightcade games and I only use my keyboard.

if anything the argument is spinning around to pad being better

how is it? I got a Pro Arcade and I'm not really feeling the buttons

>sticks are a scam
They're an enthusiast piece. Like sure you could play a flying game with a keyboard but a joystick is way more fun.

I don't think many people buy sticks because they think it's a necessity. Especially considering the amount of pros playing on pad these days.

some of the best players are on pad.
You might want a high quality pad though; I used to play on stock 360 dpad and it was terrible.
These days im on a HRAP4.
There are obvious advantages to hitbox also this is a marketing scheme, i see you, but again you'll be nerfed for months to a year before you get comfortable using one.

Attached: index.jpg (298x169, 16K)

smug plays on a stock 360 pad and has some of the best execution in the business. I have no idea how he does it

Attached: 2a196104.jpg (511x768, 60K)

seriously? I honestly didn't know pros played with the d-pad instead of the stick.

You can get there, its just harder cause each directional is obscured.
I've demoed the xb1 elite pad and it felt really nice, so you might want to try that, a ps4 pad, or some custom stuff.
Having crisp directionals is pretty important for higher level stuff; smug doesn't really play execution-heavy characters afaik.

Trying to get into unist with a ps4 controller and the d pad just feels like shit, feels so difficult trying to execute inputs correctly.
Any controller recommendations that simply have a better dpad? I dont care much for a fight stick but the ds4 just isnt cutting it for me.

finding your diagonals is pretty hard with the analog imo; you really need to know the exact spot where your jump and block will trigger.
Since dpads have tactile feedback, it makes it a lot easier.
im a tournament-level fgc player

I use the Hori Fighting Edge for Tekken and SF and DS4 for MK11 and DBFZ.

>smug doesn't really play execution-heavy characters
Smug was doing 1 frame links and infinites and shit with Dudley in 4. he's pretty renowned for his combos and inventing some weird plinking technique specifically for pad

youtube.com/watch?v=pI2IcgvpNRI&

this has always be the norm, though. I remember people dissing the xbox 360 controller because its d-pad was terrible for fighting games.

fighting games use 9 directional inputs so it only makes sense to use the 9 directional d-pad over the analog stick.

It's really fucking hard to play footsies with a regular analog stick.

A sega saturn controller because that pad is amazing for grappler characters.

Yeah, by stick I meant those used on arcades back in the day. I didn't mean a regular analog stick from controllers. I was surprised that pros prefer d-pads to those sticks.

It's mostly that the majority of people in fighting games grew up in arcades so they're used to the arcade stick and buttons setup.

I found it way more comfortable for inputs where you have to press multiple face buttons at once, especially something like X + triangle or square + circle. Issue exists only for a few characters I know though. You could always map those specific combinations to shoulder buttons but that just felt too jank for me unless it's with universal commands like burst.

Using this one ... it's alright. Waiting for my Satisfye grip for the Switch to arrive to see if it makes holding the joycon better, since using none makes it much harder to do motions to the left side.

Attached: Hori Joycon.jpg (989x1500, 163K)

Right, links dont have anything to do with the dpad itself.
also wtf I swear some of these players have macro buttons or something; nailing those 1frame jab links without select plinking AND with SF4's shitty underwater online? no way.

And yeah all those combos are super unnecessary and sub-optimal but he's doing it for fun and swag. I respect that.

steam controller kek

It comes down to preference and cost.
Fighting sticks are cheaper in the long run, while controllers will get replaced anywhere from 3-8 months (depends on use).

Fighting sticks are much more durable and the parts can be replaced if there's ever an issue.

Hitbox obviously. Literally confirmed for best fighting game controller by Daigo.

Attached: Bprlly9-7Ig.jpg (1434x1076, 251K)

there's plenty of motions and FADC's in there too, but yeah street fighter has never been the most stick heavy series since there's no jump cancels or airdashes or whatever

Hori RAP4 or one of my own custom sticks.

how much did that thing cost you

where's the stick?

Where do you get that kind of casing?
I've had the parts for a hitbox style controller for a while now, but I don't have a proper case for it, so the project has been on hold.

~150$, sanwa buttons.
There's a guy in our county who make custom hitboxes.

Attached: kDoqwza.jpg (1257x943, 167K)

>Now that based daigo is using a hitbox we can finally end the fightstick meme
Based. There actually is hope for the fgc

Qanba drone

Lately I've mostly been playing sc6 which would be fine on a pad but I've already gotten used to stick, so whatever

Attached: 15_se03.jpg (1000x667, 151K)