Why did you quit Dota 2?

Why did you quit Dota 2?

>pic related
was when I quit.

Attached: Untitled[1].png (839x543, 285K)

I installed it thinking I would like it, played it for a few seconds and realized I was wrong.

when it was made.

i loved dota 1, the shock from the transition was too great. bizarre choice of graphics in my opinion.

then league got super popular and had the friends playing factor going for it at the same time

after it became impossible to get the most major rewards in the compendium without spending hundreds of dollars or playing nothing but dota 2. i wasnt going to feed my addiction anymore when confronted with a paywall

I realized that I was barely getting any enjoyment out of it and uninstalled. Never felt any desire to play it again either.

when I got a job, about a year and a half ago

A little bit before that update that changed the map and shit. I realized MOBAs are a cancer genre and that the game didn't really make me happy, kept me entertained but bitter.

after the map update shit wasnt fun anymore

it's an optional voice line, why would this be the breaking point unless you have actual autism?

>UGH I HATE RICK AND MORTY SO MUCH DON'T YOU HATE RICK AND MORTY TOO FELLOW REDDI- I MEAN 4CHANNERS?

after they started canning any holiday events that they couldnt sell to china

Seasonal compendiums
Fucking battle passes every god damn time
Dota + subscription

When I realized a win didn't give me any happiness anymore but every loss made me increasingly angrier.
I came out of every session more pissed off than I was before.
Also made me realize I dislike games where you have to rely on teammates for anything.

when source 2 came out and it became unplayable on my potato

i quit soon after this when they introduced the retarded rubberband gold mechanic rip mobas had tons of fun

>FROM THE GHASTLY EYRIE
>I CAN SEE
>TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD
>AND FROM THIS VANTAGE POINT I DECLARE
>WITH UTTER CERTAINTY
>THAT THIS ONE
>IS GOING IN MY CRINGE COMPILATION

Attached: sw.png (406x271, 283K)

I just logged in for a game last night for the first time in 18 months. What the fuck are all those emotes? Why is my UI covered in fucking emote shit? Why is the map so retarded? This isn't fun at all. They butchered it.

For me it was when Skeleton King was removed.
That wasn't the cause, though, and more incidental, since I realized what a time-sucker Dota2 had become to me.

Years ago when I realized I hated the stale gameplay and how I was stuck with 9 people I probably hated if a game was crappy because of how harsh abondoning was treated and no concede function (although “pro” players get one? Why? either comebacks are possible and you should be forced to play it out or everyone should be able to concede). I mention concede but note that a game of dota can be crappy and unfun even if you’re winning.

I quit Dota 2 back when it was still called League of Legends because I realized the whole ASSFAGGOTS genre is perhaps the epitome of wasting time.

i play one match every other day or so exclusively as techies.

Comebacks almost never happen and games can be dragged out waaaaaay too long without it. Booted it up a month ago and my first few matches coming back were all around an hour long. It was always clear who won or lost at the 25 min mark.

>friends play dota
>I hate competitive shit because I take it too seriously
>either get pissed or have no-one to play shit.

I fucking hate dota and I'll keep playing just to keep touch with my faggot friends.

GIFF

When the game became foreign because it started gearing everything about it to pander to Mr. Chang and Mr. Yin and fuck everyone else.

When I realised there will never be cute and funny characters

>we got rick and morty before tim kitzrow (the nba jam announcer)

I failed my first end-of-term examinations cause of time spend playing this garbage back when Arc Warden was added. It also made me lash out in anger at my siblings and parents.

Attached: fce.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

That's my favorite announcer pack. I only play the game using tht and the Deadmau5 Dieback music pack.

no one knows what you're talking about.

When that stupid ass monkey got released. At release was borderline bullshit and i just stopped playing gradually and i dont play it anymore before i realized.
Never looked back desu

Right choice, user.
The learning effort required to play Dota2 on a level remotely enabling you to not fuck everything up in pubs, is comparable to doing a college degree.

>It also made me lash out in anger at my siblings and parents.
>made me
yikes