Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Attached: 1559429846555.png (1600x900, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f52rWRir9lo?t=64
youtube.com/watch?v=mvEjVGJ-wKY
youtu.be/xTq4ibgVof8?t=247
moddb.com/downloads/stcs-263-redux
drive.google.com/open?id=1hSGkzYP18MzYaXXJimWSrhMltkF8It7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=o8e1ipGyAjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the latest meme mod?

the fuck is up with that FOV

>"play Stalker"
>"b-but only with these 100 mods installed please or you won't get the full experience!!!"
yikes
a handful of mods can make any mediocre product look decent

this. ever fucking time I dare post that I disliked stalker I have to deal with some "WHAT YOU DIDNT INSTALL [mod] WELL OF COURSE YOU DIDNT LIKE IT YOU DIDNT GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE!" faggot. absolutely pathetic.

playing vanilla

sounds unstable

I've never played stalker with mods and I enjoyed the games. People that suggest installing hundreds of mods on your first play-though should ignored completely.

I only played vanilla for years. Don't see the problem. Fuck you

Vanilla is the true experience. Even ZRP fixing the dialogue glitches GET OUT OF HERE STALKER remove part of the soul. Most people who hate stalker just never made it beyond Garbage. They get mad and quit because of how bad the starting pistols and MP5 are.

I modded the fuck out of the game but detest people that suggest they should have new player play modded for their 1st run

Play Vanilla with head bob off and if ya like it, check out some mods. I'm running Call of Chernobyl with some QoL addons.

Playing Anomaly 1.4, it's a lot to keep track of and only marginally broken but it's keeping me on edge progression-wise without being outright not fun like Misery proper

What graphics mods?

I mainly quit because of the walls of text and having no idea where to fucking go or what to do.

So you quit because you're a brainlet.

play Classic Doom too

Attached: b23.png (1543x6892, 1.67M)

Not only because I'm a brainlet, but also because I feel no obligation to do anything in the game. Like, I have no idea what my motivations are supposed to be, so I just do the first quest and then think what the fuck is the point of this and turn the game off.

There quest marker.

If you're unable to enjoy S.T.A.L.K.E.R. without mods, then you don't have appreciation for it. Mods are good for subsequent playthroughs, never on 1st run. This apply to almost any game.

Find Strelok
Kill Strelok

Okay

Attached: 1469200485800.png (1007x897, 1.72M)

Did you try looking at the map, brainlet? Or perhaps you need the quest markers right on the ui?

you write like a huge faggot and you probably are one, but you have a right to dislike stalker
and you're right, most of those meme mods are for autists

>I feel no obligation to do anything in the game
It's a game, not your taxes.
>I have no idea what my motivations are supposed to be
Having fun? Why do you play other games for?

>crouch and don't move
>fire multiple rounds at target couple meters front with ironsight on his head
>most don't even connect or he shrugs it off
>enemy shoots
>60% of his shots land
>bleed practically all the time
>he finally dies
Later on
>get an AK
>most of the time shots land but it still sucks to miss because random spread exists even with ironsight over target
Completed the game with the wishing machine and dropped the one where you start off in a swamp. Not sure why I would bother slogging through that again.

I've been spoiled by mods with pretty guns, so going back to vanilla-tier gunplay feels weird.

Been a long time since I've done a true vanilla run, though,

Attached: Sad stalker.jpg (472x340, 40K)

>I feel no obligation to do anything in the game
>It's a game, not your taxes.
games are ment to be a challenge retard
Thats like complaining that a puzzle dare ask to be solved
>I have no idea what my motivations are supposed to be
>Having fun? Why do you play other games for?
Stalker isnt fun tho? its combat is either bullet sponge or who shoots first wins, dialog is annoying, inventory system is annoying

And it is a challenge. When did I claim otherwise?
Stalker is fun, you just suck at it and dropped it

>trying this hard to defend stalker while also trying to not sound like you care that much
your retarded ass faggot game is bad, and i'm glad the franchise is dead in the water

>dialog is annoying
That's some interesting judgement considering you don't even speak Russian you EOP.

Truth.

Attached: 1522938760192.png (640x478, 431K)

Whoa ownage

Literally not even the first user
>Fell for the stalker is a hard game meme
Why do you autist default when you want to defend shitty games?
its literally the first thing, everytime

We're gonna get Stalker 2, r-right guys?

Attached: Blowout.jpg (178x240, 14K)

There's nothing dead about it? The mod community is alive as ever, and Stalker 2 is on the way. What the hell is dead about it?

Any links to torrents for the mods?
I can't stand ModDB's slow ass speed.

Attached: 1559662503809.png (1362x1038, 1.48M)

It doesn't have to be the hardest game in existence in order to present the player with a challenge. Nevertheles, there are places and events where you can die easily if you're unprepared, at least in the first two games.

>>games are ment to be a challenge retard
proceeds to complain that the combat, dialog and inventory are challenging

The low usage mirrors should be pretty fast

all 3 stalker games have about 1.4k players at all time COMBINED
It never sold well
your never getting a Stalker 2 LMAO if you think thats actually going to come out and not just silently die
Stalker threads literally never come close to hitting the bump limit
They don't sell well
Who fucking cares that autismo mods are made for it?

And the only people who like it are mega autists with shit taste
Main reason being is their uninteresting indie jank that just are not fun to play but cuz "muh light horror" retards jump on it like everyother shitty b movie light horror trash

Modded or unmodded? First run btw

You don't even know how to greentext properly, how do you expect us to take your opinion seriously?

>annoying
>a challenge
I guess in a way user

Daaamn this post is epic

>what are niche games

Im using it to highlight certain shit, retard?
Are you going to retort or just deflect some more?

>all 3 stalker games have about 1.4k players at all time COMBINED
Who the fuck cares about Steam analytics? No Russian pays for games, and that's where the community is.
>your never getting a Stalker 2 LMAO if you think thats actually going to come out and not just silently die
Grigorovich made a statement about it recently, and I don't see why he would lie considering you wouldn't get to see it until 2021 anyway unless you're the publisher.
>Stalker threads literally never come close to hitting the bump limit
Literally WHO cares?
>They don't sell well
Literally fucking WHO cares?
>Who fucking cares that autismo mods are made for it?
The people who play it, you fucking assclown.

this
stupid nigger just aim

Mad consolebaby

Reddit af

This is a gay post made by a faggot

Attached: 1542204737314.jpg (261x224, 23K)

>Are you going to retort or just deflect some more?
I'll just go back to Stalker. Excuse me.

You don't need mods you sperg just play on Master.

>all 3 stalker games have about 1.4k players at all time COMBINED
>your never getting a Stalker 2 LMAO if you think thats actually going to come out and not just silently die
>And the only people who like it are mega autists with shit taste

Attached: delusional.png (991x526, 458K)

>Who the fuck cares about Steam analytics? No Russian pays for games, and that's where the community is.
How could i forgot user the secret 2 million russians who play every day
silly me
Give me a fucking break user most ruskies can't even run this shit on their 2002 hp laptops
>Grigorovich made a statement about it recently, and I don't see why he would lie considering you wouldn't get to see it until 2021 anyway unless you're the publisher.
thinking a single statement means this shit is happing
Its going to get canned, sorry to be the bearer of bad news
>Literally WHO cares?
Where are all the secret pirate players if threads for the games never have people posting in them, user?
Selling well equals more sequals which you clearly care about. lOl
>The people who play it, you fucking assclown.
Your autsitic retards, and if mods are the only way to play the game. it just proves how shitty it is

Kid you're out of your wheelhouse just go shitpost in a WoW thread or something

Pretending to be retarded and getting (You)'s is easier than this. You're trying too hard.

Makes zero points in favor of Stalker
Deflect harder it won't save your shit dead franchise

ALOOOOOOOHAA

Attached: Shouldn't have come here.png (433x333, 68K)

>How could i forgot user the secret 2 million russians who play every day
Not him, but Stalker is a 2007 game that got physical release and you can also buy it digital elsewhere. Steam analitics don't mean shit

What's the best mod that's not a monkeyfuck nuke of inventory clutter and half-baked features

Deflect harder faggots
Pathetic Retards literally think just ignoring points will somehow win them arguments
doesn't surprise me that retards like this make up the stalker fanbase desu tho

There's quest markers on the map...

>main place to buy it
>isnt a good reference point
user c'mon now
add an extra 1000 if you want, but go higher than that and your just getting your hopes up

i sould really try playing vanilla maybe with gun mods
i played misery for the past 2 years and whana have some fun for a change and actually use fucking artifacts

>i only play a game if it's considered popular

Attached: 1409565995419.gif (500x333, 150K)

It's been announced.

There are no points. You think the game is le gay. You're winner.

At the end of the day, people enjoy a game more than you while you're getting you're kicks out of shitposting on Yea Forums. You're a really big boy, aren't you.

Depends on which game

(You) farming in a Stalker thread is pretty pathetic.

good deflect but popular games are popular usually because their fun.
stalker is trash tier trying to hard light horror trash
Deflect harder faggot
your game isn't fun and everyone outside of you autismo's know it

SoC or CoP, it doesn't matter. I've been spoiled by the mods/repacks that include all maps but I don't need it I just want something fresh that's not a mess. Maybe I'm being too picky and it doesn't exist

Posting unironically in a stalker thread is pathetic

>YOUR FUN ISN'T REAL!!
lmao
here's my last (You) for you, you bitter faggot.

sure it's summer on Yea Forums

literally neo/v/

i'm too old to enjoy immersive games with awful gameplay

I am here for the Stalker Graphics mods

Attached: 1534198514761.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

You seem mad because you played it and sucked at it. Get good, faggot

everyone but you faggots agree or your "fun" game wouldn't bomb everytime. now would it?

youtu.be/f52rWRir9lo?t=64
leaked STALKER 2 gameplay

Attached: 1483866447413.jpg (1200x887, 634K)

see
Everytime

god I hate zoomers

Attached: 1549053540052.webm (640x360, 1.54M)

Sure, but its still a longshot that we'll actually get a game

Wow, it's almost as bad as Lost Alpha's car physics.

Shut the fuck up, nerds.

Now tell me the best mod(s) for Call of Prippy.

Attached: 1519733194077.jpg (761x563, 57K)

>L.E.G.E.N.D.A.R.Y
ocнoвaн

Call of Cherno, unironically

youtube.com/watch?v=mvEjVGJ-wKY
Is this ever coming out? It's been like 5 years or something

Wind of Time. The only really bad thing are the Google translations. Can legit ruin the whole thing depending on how much you care about the story.

You could give SGM a shot

nice deflection tee hee

Why? What motivation do I, as a player, have to find that guy? Who cares?

>y-your just bad
And i'm the deflector here?
yikes user. Just stop talking dude, you clearly have no idea what the fuck is going on

I wanna play Call of Pripyat but it stutters every 5 seconds.

>explain to me why I should like the game
Just fuck off and move on.

That's because LA devs didn't even bother to change car physics
I mean skills are more important!

This is basically the only mod with original maps right?

mp5 is actually godlike against mutants, high rof + zero recoil means they bleed super quickly and are locked in pain animation with headshots

I'm surprised they even implemented them in the end. Although it's really annoying that you need to play 15 hours before you stop shaking like a motherfucker whenever you aim.

>What motivation do I, as a player, have to find that guy?

I dunno man, if you want to play the fucking game then play the game. If you need some internal motivation beyond "Time to find out what's going on here" then maybe you should find something else.

I tried. It's just so wonky. The fact alone that the difficulty settings affect bullet damage FOR YOU AS WELL, so that it gets actually easier the higher you set it, because you hit harder.
I would 100% buy a remaster/HD overwork tho.

You just set it to the highest and forget about it. I mean, it's just like there is no difficulty setting to begin with. Why do you need one?

>the only way a stalker thread hits 100 replys is a flamewar
why bros...

Attached: 407357.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

It was an example of the game being weird and wonky.

I actually like Zone of Alienation.
Manually reloading magazines is comfy and the bugs aren't that bad

Pretty sure thats a myth, and master doesn't actually make damage higher for you, at least in SoC

Attached: Stalker damage.png (1034x333, 30K)

What's weird and wonky about it?

I have 300 hours on SoC and not installed a single mod beyond ZRP

Attached: 5.png (275x200, 19K)

Maybe health pools change, too?

I'm playing it almost everyday

Attached: 1538844789390.jpg (1920x1080, 1.14M)

did someone smear vaseline in your eyes?

No mods, Master difficulty, true endings masterrace here

Daily reminder Clear Sky is better than Call of Pripyat

ZoA is my favorite mod almost solely because of the magazine management, but I couldn't get it to stop crashing in the Garbage. Also fuck invisible anomalies, that shit gets disabled.

How did you deal with the bullet sponges?

By getting good

You use deflect magic spell one more time and I'm taking you to the infirmary

I feel like I'm talking to a toddler lol. If the game has no hook or premise to interest the player to move on, then what is the point? If just poking at a thing to see what happens is your jam then just admit it. I'd like there to at least be a point to why I am going somewhere etc.

Well you'll find out as you play.

The point is that you're supposed to go figure out what's going on, though. Who's Strelok? What is the zone, really? You start off as a guy with no memories, all you have to go on is a message saying "Kill this guy."

It doesn't seem like a strange concept
>I don't remember anything, what is this place?
>Well, time to find out

But then it get boring

>If the game has no hook or premise
It has. You were at the brink of death and been transported in the back of a truck through The Zone, when suddenly an anomalous bolt of lighting hit the vehicle and you were found by another scavenger. After getting rescued, you get your personal PDA back with a simple task recorded in it: kill Strelok. You also have amnesia and a peculiar tattoo on your arm. After that, you have to repay the favor to your lifesavers and get more information about this Strelok guy and recover your memories.
Many plot twists throughout and neet lore.
There you go.

You are the toddler

>played through each STALKER game vanilla at least 4 times
>download random mods and play around with those
>after a while just get an urge to play vanilla again

Attached: 1501634664455.gif (480x270, 233K)

Is this game supposed to be pretty tough or is it just that I suck at shooters? I'm playing on master because everyone seems to agree that you should.

fuck off consoletranny

the entire franchise has sold more than 6 million copies looking from steamspy owners and the fact that the trilogy is on GOG

Attached: xrEngine_2019_02_23_01_02_30_856.jpg (1920x1080, 1.45M)

It gets easier once you fin more equipment. Just scout the areas carefully and don't engage with large number of enemies unless you really have to. Find cover and aim as accurately as possible. Don't get flanked.
Also, pistols are for close-mid range. Grenades are your friends

>players stalker for the first time
>uses complete mod
>"stalker is a shit game"

Forgot to mention: there's a military base near the starting camp that you can raid for supplies once you've got the means to do so. It's not hard at all, just camp outside and throw grenades, then take care of the rest.

Only faggots use mods

This, with the exception of Bethesda games. There's never any point in playing any of their games at launch, and you should almost always wait at least a few months for the decent tweaks/fixes/rebalances to come out and make their games halfway decent. But for most other developers' games, vanilla is the way to go first-time. Graphics mods are fine though

What more do I need to do to get on Duty's good side in COP? Kill any Freedom members i see?

Do I need mods for Call of pripyat?

Turn in whatever mission you can to Shulga in Yanov. Do not sell intelligence to Owl, give it to Shulga. Offer Duty to guard science bunker

I don't give a fuck

Pistols are for the trash can, which is a shame. Even in SoC where you have a dedicated pistol slot, they generally aren't worth the weight they take.

imagine being such a childlike scum fuck shit tasting lowlife who cannot enjoy this game without modding it. I played through all of the games more times then I can count and every playthrough was vanilla. Ever heared of quicksaves? use them or dont and go fuck yourselves fucking zoomer pieces of dogshit
>INB4 HAVE SEX

turn the difficulty up to master. You die with a few hits but so does the enemy

unmodded

Thank you Stalker. Now get out of here.

>people complaining about bullet sponges
Shotguns exist
Explosives exist
Headshots exist
Now if you were playing solyanka I would understand though, fucking super armored monolith faghots and librarians

Attached: 1555920705695.jpg (212x302, 61K)

non, CoC released a statement and it's down to 1 guy and a bunch of newbies, so 1.5 is dead.

>MP5
>bad

get out of here stolkir

Drop a handful of rubles on rate of fire upgrades and some JHPs and enjoy your laser that vaporises mutants.

>Game gets announced
>"Oh my god we're never going to get this game"

??? Do you have brain damage?

they do because most values are shared between actors.

I really like how every bullet you shoot has a chance to disappear into the void so even if you stand completely still, use sights, and crouch low, your bullets will magically miss anyways. Very fun mechanic.

Works on my machine

unmodded. If missing stuff or bugs really bother you use ZRP.

I play on novice

To be honest, Solyanka has ridiculous enough weapons to compensate for that. Ghost's Gauss or the PKM for example, they tear through anything.

this

Attached: 1558598025435.gif (420x420, 188K)

This thread has convinced me that Yea Forums should've been nuked in 2011.

Vanilla pistols are shit, don't use them. Get a proper assault rifle and a shotgun.

Yeah it works exactly as intended, where the bullets literally don't go where you shoot them. inb4 retards going but muh starter gun waahh. It's every gun in the game. Also I noticed that SOME guns actually are more accurate when you don't use the sights. So ylu have to either play with crosshairs on or use your sights to line it up then exit your sight then you can shooot and your bullets will actually go where you're aiming. Pretty convinced that the people who made these shitpiles have never even held a gun before.

shitting on based stalker, maybe restera are the good guys.

I want to play it but whenever I get near a fire the game gets choppy

I already did years ago. It's fun but not fun enough to replay. I don't care much for mods.

fuck I guess the annoncement of 2 took all the enthusiasm of the modders.

Attached: crash it.webm (900x506, 2.76M)

While this is true, they really get you to spend that ammo. Pripyat missions have you fighting off an entire city of those durable fuckers and you actually need to get creative to stay alive
I used the remington marine magnum for the vast majority of my time. What a beautiful gun that is

Attached: 7-g5012_1.jpg (550x550, 14K)

Are there any good mods for CoP that change nothing but the guns and maybe some minor mechanics? Been getting a craving to replay it again, already played the shit out of it with vanilla ages ago I just want more weapons and more weapon variety with better animations.

I really like the exploration in the STALKER games. Any games with similar experience?

arsenal overhaul

I will as soon as does an up-to-date modpack. Can't be fucked with hunting down separate mods from some obscure sites and dead links.

someone* does

>tfw you get lost in the zone

Attached: tfw556masterrace.jpg (1970x1261, 668K)

>hunting down separate mods from some obscure sites and dead links
No one ever had to do that. Seriously, what's this misconception about Stalker modding and where does it come from?

Any must have CoP mods?

I played SoC again recently and didn't find it anywhere near as enjoyable as the first time I did unfortunately.

I'm gonna play Clear Sky for the first time, haven't played SoC in years. Are there like absolutely required mods for Clear Sky, or should I be good to play it vanilla?

Attached: 1548786407053.gif (575x450, 282K)

In SOC vanilla, Once the bullet leaves its effective range the damage starts to drop off and there is an rng roll to see if the bullet does no damage. It's only noticeable with pistols since they have a very short range. ZRP has an option to disable it.

People complaining about the bullet spread have never used any firearms in real life. Most modern and new firearms are very accurate but if ever fired a beat up AK variant, the bullets dont fly like magical COD laser beams. The game exaggerates this for gameplay reason because if it was realistic you wouldn't be able to fire enough rounds to start noticing the effects of the gun wearing out. In hindsight I think it was a poor design decision but they where trying to find a way to force you to try new weapons and buy new ones.

Attached: Stalker.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

What's a good weapon mod? My inner /k/ is screaming at me to get a mod that improves the look and animation

youtu.be/xTq4ibgVof8?t=247

Watch from this timestamp and it should explain.

*sips*
Haha yep, STALKER, now THAT was a game! Kids these days just can't appreciate good games anymore.
*burps and scratches chest hair*

Remember Bannerlord?

wheres that matt dormer log cabin wad

Bannerlord never had a fixed date to which it was promised to be released.

Attached: dab.png (144x149, 33K)

Why do I get stuttering whenever I go near a fire. Specifically the one in the beginning under the bridge in that small tunnel

3rd world pc

>You start off as a guy with no memories, all you have to go on is a message saying "Kill this guy."
How original. Not interesting at all.

But why would I honestly care what happened?

I have a 4690k and a 2060.

why do you care about anything?

Says the guy who likes a literal sandbox game lmao

might be the fact stalker doesnt understand rtx cards. It's never had to deal with them before.

Here is what i used to play through Clear Sky recently.

moddb.com/downloads/stcs-263-redux

are you using mods?

what mods?

>inb4 he played on the "lower" difficulties

I get invested in a story when there is some sort of hook, intrigue or personal motivation for the protagonist to go do something. Take Mass Effect 2 for example. It starts with a bang and you get thrown into the action right away with lots of questions to be answered until it turns into space Ocean's Eleven, which is great. In Stalker, you're in the middle of some greyish bland forresty sandbox with some guy you need to kill because... uh why? I dunno. Fuck it, uninstall.

Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22
Increased Weapon Damage (stronger)
Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 (v5)
Dr.X Questlines
Autumn Winds
Immersive Rain
AF3 Misery edition for CoC
Global Weather
Open Scopes

an old reshade preset I had
drive.google.com/open?id=1hSGkzYP18MzYaXXJimWSrhMltkF8It7Y

Attached: xrEngine_2019_02_23_04_23_55_668.jpg (1920x1080, 1.6M)

besides some bugfix mods, maybe something for bullet sponge enemies? I mean Clear Sky is fine, but its a weird STALKER game because it tries to focus more on action then spooks and being comfy.

No

I had this problem before with my 290 too. Id really love to play soc and the rest of the games but this is literally the only thing stopping me

Are the frame drops only happening near the fire?

Fuck off, Todd.

Have you tried something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=o8e1ipGyAjs

Yeah only when I get near it it starts getting all choppy. I have smooth frames every where else

Just power through it if none of the generic google fixes work

thanks

Why is walking around the Zone so comfy? It is the lighting? It is the music? It is the visuals?

play Dead Air

saying lmao adds +1 to ownage

Unmodded, disable head bobbing and play on Master. All you need for the right experience.

play anomaly 1.5

Attached: ss__06-01-19_09-28-49_(k00_marsh).jpg (1920x1080, 581K)

Ah, yeah I think turning vsync on really helped. Can't believe I never thought of that

>get into STALKER
>finish SoC and pull 110 hours into it
>"man that was fucking amazing. Can't wait to play the other two"
>never fucking did
>this was 2 years ago

Attached: 1451350741934.png (230x230, 47K)