Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9zeQMbGEPc
wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/
sv50.onlinevideoconverter.com/download?file=c2g6a0h7b1i8b1
brainly.com/question/2104563
youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>over an hour long

Yeah, how much free time do you fuckers actually have? holy shit.

>he can't spare an hour
What the fuck are you doing here, mister superbusy man?

Fuck you, Todd. Your games suck, and they're made for fucking standards. You will never be able to do a work that is up to Cyberpunk 2077, with all the role, complexity, effort and love components, because you only think about the fucking money.

I bought Skyrim for $ 2 on a steam low, and I only played it with mods. Fallout 4 I have not played it and never will. That game sucks.

Attached: 1553536498711.png (1594x2254, 532K)

>implying i will listen one hour to a fucking liar
Fuck off Todd you manlet bitch.

I hope the next game will sell even worse than Fallout 76 you fucking hack

he says "people will buy anything" in this. How do people still like this guy?

I'm sitting at a pool in Italy. Sun's about to go down though so I'll probably move to the bar.

>pic
My distaste for Morrowindfags grows larger every time they post. It's like they forget that Morrowind was a scaled down and dumbed down version of Daggerfall because Bethesda was fucked financially at the time and yet they shit on every other game in the series.

We don't but he's not wrong.

>Morrowind was a scaled down and dumbed down version of Daggerfall
When are we gonna stop with this meme?

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

user, Todd made Morrowind as well

Thanks OP, let me see what's he talking about.

How is Todd so charismatic?

Attached: confused whore.jpg (600x800, 62K)

Everything he says is worth listening to.

well, this will kill another hour of my miserable life

Based Todd using his good looks and speechcraft to overhype unpolished games to the masses. I can't hate this guy.

Attached: Todd.jpg (1600x1200, 910K)

Todd is the GOD of midgets. shut your filthy mouth up, mortal

>I may have the year wrong
>1976
>76
Subtle or actual date?

Italy’s dope. Enjoy yourself user

>it’s not how it’s launched it’s what it becomes
Brilliant new quote from toddy

He's not, you're just a fucking autist. The guy comes off like a manipulator with his pitch in voice and his stubby little body.

cringe and bluepilled

He basically admits that they looked at amount of player Fallout 4 and Skyrim still have and said "Ya know, we're not making money off of those saps! Every minute they're not spending money on microtransactions and mini DLC is a minute wasted!" Which really brings to light the purpose of Creation Club and Fallout 76's atomic club.

Attached: images.jpg (227x222, 5K)

It just works.

Attached: mods.jpg (1323x567, 162K)

I don't understand. Why do they have PCs set up by pools in Italy?

Has he ever made a mod into an official extension?

I've heard Hearthfire was based off someone else's work.

Todd is such a fucking chad.

Attached: 220px-Jack_Reacher-_Never_Go_Back_Japan_Premiere_Red_Carpet-_Tom_Cruise_(35338493152)_(cropped).jpg (220x330, 16K)

>Todd: My dad passed away
>IGN guy: Awesome!

The actual good kind?

Have sex.

HOT TAKES:

>Todd's first game was a ripoff of a startrek game
>Self-taught programmer on the Apple 2
>majored in finance and (almost) minored in Art
>So fucking boss he walked into bethesda before he even graduated and told them he wanted to work there

why are morrowfags such fucking idiots who constantly spout wrong information?

But it’s not a PC.

Thats just stupid niggers shit posting about todd stealing from some house mod. Hearthfire was made during the Skyrim dev jam, like some of the other shit in the dlcs.

>that comment section
yikes

>tfw console RPG at the time was JRPG

>user, Todd made Morrowind as well

Todd, you made Morrowind because your company was on the brink of total collapse so you played it safe and appealed to the people who liked Elder Scrolls in the first place. Had it been up to you, you would've made the game much like the previous game you created Elder Scrolls Adventure Redguard which was a shitty Tomb Raider like action game that failed miserably. Stop acting like you were the primarily reason on why Morrowind was made when in actuality you had more input from veteran devs in the company before they left Bethesda altogether after Morrowind was released.

Attached: 1433353636273.png (939x622, 332K)

>oblivion was next-gen at the time

>Self-taught programmer on the Apple 2
This is nothing impressive. Most game devs in the 90's were self taught. He's no fucking John Carmack or John Romero. The man got into the industry when the industry was very young and it quite easy to obtain a job if you were even remotely qualified as a coder, especially for start up companies like Bethesda at the time. He also got to the position he is now due to backroom politics after a power vacuum occurred when most of Bethesda was laid off in the late 90's due to poor sales and close call bankruptcy.

This. As I understand it, Todd used many ideas from Julian Leefoy (The father of The Elder Scrolls) to create Morrowind, and he was in a situation where there is no salvation, unless they created a great game.

>oblivion was next-gen at the time
youtube.com/watch?v=S9zeQMbGEPc

>"People will buy anything" - Todd Howard, 2019

It definitely predicted the grey/BLOOM shit that started a year later, but it wasn't quite brown enough.

WATCH MY INTERVIEW

Attached: todd howard gun.jpg (708x708, 41K)

I can't hate Todd, something about him is likeable even though he keeps releasing garbage games.

>that started a year later
Nah bro, that shit was already peaking in 2006. Twilight Princess was 06 as well, for example. Gears of War was 06. SotC was 05.

>Att. Todd.

Fuck off.

For some reason I thought Oblivion was from 2005. In that case it didn't do what I said, Gears of War was the landmark which set the standard for brown&bloom.

Do you think it's true the fans will still take it even at 1-2 year development cycles?

it's true

GoW wasn't the landmark though, since there were a lot of games already coming out in 2006 that were already developed with brown&bloom in mind before GoW ever released. It was following the trend early on, but didn't actually set it.

Trend setter might be SotC. Hell, maybe even MGS3. A lot of late-6th-gen games were doing brown&bloom or some form of it

Bethesda Magic

Attached: buy my game.webm (768x480, 2.95M)

>not listen

Looking forward to see what they're cooking for Starfield.

If Todd reads all the reviews? Does he read these threads?

Do you guys think Todd will be on stage this E3? I'm pretty excited to see their damage control

>implying he needs to damage control
He will come on stage and everyone will clap.

I just watched it. Todd is such a fucking legend, there isn't really new information in there but I could listen to him talk all day. He's so down to earth and has a certain aura around him.

Also, Starfield has 3 and a half years of active development behind it, pretty much started right after Fallout 4. I think it's very likely that Starfield is a 2020 game, however it's not clear if it's cross-gen or next-gen. Todd said last year that he doesn't know yet.

Very likely won't, there's a tiny chance though because he might be there to talk about what's next for 76.

>end all be all science-fiction game
We're going to be winning.

Is Starfield the actual title of the game or is it a codename?

Attached: 1517769518445.webm (1000x542, 2.39M)

actual

Actual name, they've already officially announced it with a teaser trailer.

are you drinking cheap lambrusco wine on the gianicolo hill overlooking rome?

>tfw Todd doesn't know what year it is

I was surprised by that too. Nigga is way too deep into his work.

this and he will call us degenerates

Attached: 1556562569865.gif (360x360, 3.37M)

RE4 played a large part in that I'd imagine

>Elder Scrolls 6 will be so innovative that it's going to last an entire decade of game play
Hype thrusters on.

This just means another decade of just relaunching the same game in more platforms or with special editions like with Skyrim.

>EA Sports
Based Todd.

As long as they have good mod support there is no doubt about this

if people didn't buy them they wouldn't keep releasing it

love that memory...

Todd is ceo of a company and he had an hour of free time what the fuck do you do user

something tells me you never actually played daggerfall

>being so high up Todd got to see the Switch early on

So you should hate Todd even more than we do then, right?

There is a legitimate argument that Daggerfall was the best in the series (though I don't agree), but you can't use it as a pro-Todd argument.

Anyone know what he was going to talk about the PS5 at the end? It may have been released already.

>I've always been somewhat -- compared to our competitors -- conservative.
absolutely based

How is Todd nearly 50? He looks so young.

RE4 had the drab aesthetic but wasn't bloomy like those other games.

when does he say that? I missed that

Here's the article the interviewer referenced, if you ctrl f ssd you'll get to what he was talking about
wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

When he's talking about game development cycles, he says he'd rather take longer with a smaller team

>he doesn't know about phoneposting
stay innocent

30:18

When does he talk about 76?
I've been waiting for his answer

Somewhere in the middle. It was a good short talk. Nice to see how he mentioned it was their first time connecting 24/7 unlike FO4 and Skyrim.

Because he is not a soulless suit. He understands that he scams dumb people and sells them garbage.

>works all the time
>doesn’t stress about anything
>hasn’t even planned retirement
>however took a 3 month break after FO4

>"What year is this?" - Todd Howard

Didn’t he mention that they release anyways and people end up buying everytime?

In all honesty, there are plenty of videos that sum it up. Todd's basically doing what he does best and that's to peddle apologist bullshit for Fallout 76 and to lie his ass off of "ok ok guys Fallout 76 is yesterdays news... but stay tuned to E3!" Basically it's just him doing his snake oil business man routine of conning dumb masses like he always does.

Attached: 1482310066757.jpg (585x640, 46K)

Gamers will buy anything. The game industry is well aware most gamers are dumb and will eat whatever is thrown on the table.

Imagine being this out of touch with the current decade that you actually own a PC and use it to not only play games, but post on Yea Forums. Embarrassing, and I've been here since 2007

Attached: DrGig9WV4AAprZx.jpg large.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

Julian is a dumb hack responsible for the worst shit in arena and daggerfall

i really don't understand how this became a meme.
it was only relreleased on next gen consoles and swith.
compared to resident evil 4 or dark souls that is nothing.

t. Rodd

Attached: 1471410697923.png (809x829, 761K)

So ES6 is like five years out that means Starfield in 2021 maybe?

That is because there are 3 editions of the game. Regular, Legendary and SE, then the VR versions

julian is the one who pushed all the randomization and proc generated shit in daggerfall.
it was todd that wanted to create a hand crafted world with npcs who all had names schedules and homes.
todd saved elder scrolls with morrowind. go suck cock.

Attached: 1548902760081.jpg (500x303, 26K)

He saved it and then butchered it right after

i know. but like i said compared to some other games with tons of rereleases that isn't very many

It was a mixture of Toddposting being at its height and Todd showing up on events announcing new versions of Skyrim every few months.

>those dislikes
so people outside of Yea Forums hate him too? I thought he was some kind of normalfag idol

Now that's a real waste of time

fucking based todd laying down the facts plebs don't want to fucking hear.

Attached: 1550769511536.jpg (2000x1600, 400K)

Being memed increases the charisma stat.

Todd, you didn't save shit. You're a liar and a cheap business man.

Are you guys able to look at Todd without blushing? Be honest.

Attached: Todd_Howard_Anime_Official.jpg (956x535, 73K)

>Todd Howard interview
>IGN
Probably asked him softball questions.

COMMANDATORE

Attached: MV5BYmI2YTRmYmYtMzM1YS00Yj.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Oh course he did.

Todd is unironically one of the most charming PR guys out there, no meming. He can lie to me all he wants and I'll listen to them

Still not buying his games tho

Attached: 1557241616396.jpg (828x765, 44K)

>literally walked into bethesda and told the head of the company to just give him a job and they did
>creates multiple billion dollar franchises for breakfast
>set the bar in open world game design so high even legendary developers like nintendo cited it as influence for the zelda game
>keeps spinning lies but everyone stills believes him
>is handsome as fuck and a total chad
>women cream themselves at the sight of him
>will run for president and win by promising everyone free copies of skyrim

yeah try again loser

Attached: 1527710878973.jpg (691x720, 45K)

>will run for president and win by promising everyone free copies of skyrim
>not by announcing Skyrim: Presidential Edition

based and easily manipulated pilled

That's some top tier ego there Todd.

Attached: 1466734370578.jpg (2000x1334, 913K)

The way things are looking Starfield is more 2020 but ES6 still 2024

Nope. Todd got bombarded with questions, but he's got a good counter at least until the last 30 minutes then he starts to wane and not know what he isn't supposed to say.

He has no real competition. Nobody else does the open world RPG meme (at least, no big companies)
Literally. Bethesda's is Mass Effect: Andromeda tier in every department, but they get away with it because there's no alternative, so retards never notice just how fucking bad games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 are.

>Starfield 2020

I highly doubt it. More likely to be 2021 or 2022.

> In the darkest of moments, when it seemed the writing was on the wall for Bethesda, project leader Todd Howard took the team to a nearby hotel for a private meeting. There, Howard rallied the developers’ spirits, handed out personalized business cards, and assured them it would all work out, as long as they were willing to keep going.

>That speech, one source says, probably saved the company.

Attached: 1529038868026.png (1000x1109, 1.95M)

>Todd is old

Attached: 453.jpg (700x699, 74K)

An hour is literally 4% of your day nigger.

Why? Todd himself admitted in OP's video that they have actively developed it for 3 and a half years already, meaning they started right after Fallout 4. Last year Todd said that it's playable already and that he isn't sure whether it'll release on next-gen consoles only. A 2020 release would mean 5 years of dev time and a possible cross-gen release. Seems pretty logical to me.

>I thought he was some kind of normalfag idol
He was in the time between Skyrim and Fallout 4. Fallout 4 took a tiny chip out of his godlike reputation and then Fallout 76 cracked it thoroughly. He's not disgraced by any means but he's definitely got something to prove now, because if his next game (which should be Starfield) also disappoints they can no longer be considered flukes, but instead a full-fledged downward trend.

Attached: todd.png (939x923, 180K)

>Ken Rolston
Haha remember when he was supposed to save Big Huge Games?

i could still see third party games being cross gen in 2021

>tfw everyone attributes the games to Todd but he himself says it's a team effort constantly

Fallout 76 was one of the best games I've had the honor to play. Bethesda was really apologetic about the not so great launch, an I feel they really tried their best to make it up to players. You all should give it another chance.

Yeah I can see that as well but I will be really surprised if this thing takes longer than 5 damn years.

Hi Rodd.

It was. I remember reading about it as a kid and the physics, visuals and the AI were revolutionary.

Pretty good interview, Todd's voice is truly mesmerizing.

Attached: sex monster.jpg (442x594, 72K)

>trusting a word that comes out of Todd's mouth

Attached: 1559249451051.jpg (413x395, 38K)

This is the sexiest male body in existance.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Buy Morrowind, buy Oblivion, buy FO3, buy Skyrim, buy FO4, buy FO76. Buy their expansions, DLC, and microtransactions.

Buy them and pretend like you had a choice in the matter OR ELSE

Attached: BuyMyCock.jpg (624x854, 119K)

That isn't even his body, somebody shopped his face on some random guy's body.

Goddamnit Todd you're hard to love, but harder to hate

Yea you can tell because of the pixels right? Lying faggot.

Attached: D5WCh-SXkAApVgX.jpg (600x579, 39K)

That guy kinda looks like Todd Howard

WE'RE GONNA NEED

I guess all those Skyrim memes were wrong. He doesn’t want us playing Skyrim or fallout 4 just 76. Guess I’ll have to refund my recent copy of 4

>millions of people play skyrim every month
Is this figure true?

Truth is relative.

>click it
>interviewer literally, unironically, says "the man behind The Elder Scrolls series and the Fallout series"
yeah, im not gonna watch this
can't spell ignorance without IGN

Not so fast

Attached: 1522001806833.jpg (704x396, 118K)

I thought so too but then i remembered that Todd doesn't have a moustache and he isn't named John Smith.

Fuck Todd Howard. I didn't even mind fallout 3 that much but you butchered the series beyond repair with 4 and 76. Also I like how he basically admits they knew the game was shit and they were planning on fucking over early buyers

>literally walked into bethesda and told the head of the company to just give him a job and they did
>After playing Wayne Gretzky Hockey, Howard requested a job from a Bethesda Softworks office he encountered each day on his commute to and from school. He was rejected and told that he needed to finish school as a prerequisite. After completing school, he went back to Bethesda for a job but was rejected again.

might not be carmack or romeo but made a better game

He didn't say that though, he said to play ESO.

Maybe not millions, but definitely hundreds of thousands.

did he say for each of fallout 4 and skyrim or combined?
i could easily see it for combined.

He looks like an even chaddier version of Frodo.

and yet he didn't get laid off.

his charisma stat wasn't high then.
he needed to get the implant.

>Todd himself admitted in OP's video that they have actively developed it for 3 and a half years already

And why should I believe a man who lies nonstop? For all you know they're still in a pre-production stage.

i would say he is on the level of romero.

2x speed

That just seems silly. Todd may lie about game features that don't make it into the game as advertised or something, but there's no need for him to lie about game development itself. They always have dev cycles that between 3 and 4 years, it's nothing to be skeptical about.

Fallout 4 doesn't even exist to normalfags like Skyrim did. Yea Forums usually misses what the term normalfag means but Skyrim transcended into the crowd that didn't even play video games at all. People who didn't even play CoD or Madden. People who thought Skyrim is the greatest game of all time who have never even heard of Fallout.

Todd is the most meme vidya personality in the industry. He is only well liked as a joke

skyrim was really a perfect storm of circumstances, I don't think anything BGS release from here forward will ever reach that magnitude of popularity

>says this while browsing Yea Forums

>In Italy
>Still on Yea Forums
Holy fucking shit . No right to complain about people wasting thier time

A lot of things that Todd "lies" about were actually made and ready to ship out, but just didn't make it for some arbitrary reason.
Todd was never in the wrong, Zenimax just cucked him one too many times.

Attached: 1558013817073.jpg (223x286, 47K)

>says fallout 76 turned around and the game is fabulous now
omega lol

>See my son, just walk it back straight and give the boss a firm handshake.

>no one ever has downtime on vacation to shitpost on his favorite imageboard

now why would you go on the internet just to tell lies like this?

hundreds of millions-billions. if you don't play it every day, and buy it for every system it's been released for, there is something fundamentally wrong with you and you will never have sex.

t. Dodd Moward, professional video games analyst.

Attached: DoddMoward.jpg (2696x4044, 953K)

>Todd would release a game a week after a trailer drops if he could

fucking based.
more evidence he just wants to tell those marketer parasites to just fuck off

classic toddkino

>tfw we don't know if Skyrim will be on PS5

>he wouldn't buy it again
Is this how you treat Todd?

Go read masters of doom and some of what former id devs says about Carmack's autism.

he's a sociopath

its me or the RUMORS that Fallout 3 Remake will be announced at e3 are becoming strnger?

I would pirate it

Not him but just got off army shit gunna watch godzilla

>todd talks tes6
>whoa I gotta see this
>"yeah it's not done but it's good to wait"
fucking hell todd, it's not funny anymore
WHERE IS IT?

can someone gimme a quick rundown on all the important things he said (if any)?

Be very patient.

>"Fallout 76 got some well deserved criticism, Our plan is to continue working on the game to make it better"
>"This E3 should be exciting"
>There will be a decade gap between future games.

>>There will be a decade gap between future games.
what the fuck

no a decade gap between elder scrolls. but also be very patient for starfield.

>IGN
Non-IGN video where?

Yeah, Even the interviewer was a bit surprised. Todd also said/implied that he would release his games like a week after announcement if he could, But Zenimax won't let him, They will try quick releases like Fallout 4's

>INT:0
These things called podcasts are meant to be listened to. They don't need to be watched.

Not exactly a time commitment if you're doing something else.

There's a thing called adblock if you really don't want to give them revenue.

I don't want to give them views either.

>learned much from fallout 76 and will keep those lessons going forward
>acknowledges 76 had a shaky launch, but considers it to have improved over time and is committed to continued maintenance
>TES6 will have multiplayer features and consequently will require a "reasonable internet connection" to play
>will still be "very elder scrolls" regardless, stressing that it is not going to be to TES what 76 was to Fallout
>fans should be very patient
>Starfield is going to be the sci-fi game everyone's always wanted
>would neither confirm nor deny that Starfield and/or TES6 would be next-gen exclusives

Much as I'm mocking both TES and FO76, I am genuinely curious about what Starfield's going to be.

Epic Science Fiction, he said that.

Fine, I can mirror the audio, but I'm not doing video.

I want the video as well.

"The end all, be all sci fi game that everyone's always wanted to play."

Here you go, dingus burger. Also, for you peeps out there who don't like IGN.
sv50.onlinevideoconverter.com/download?file=c2g6a0h7b1i8b1

Wait a bit for video, also for you Yea Forums peeps.

Except he didn't say everyone.

>sci fi game that everyone's always wanted to play
I wish, but that's not Half-Life 3. I just want a playable, Valve-made conclusion.

Attached: 1557853019674.jpg (1024x730, 97K)

TES in space

Thank you.

Fallout in space

np.
Video: dl83.y2mate.com/?file=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%3D%3D
These services make this crap real easy to mirror.

yes he did. 1:04:06 in the video.

daggerfall is actually the tes game with the least content, and yes I'm counting skyrim as well
it's 95% rng noise with most of skills being useless or just not working

I miss Todd posting, so comfy. Hopefully his next game fails this hard so we can resume.

>that Todd's version of the future of videogames
holy cancer batman
>games supported by in-game ads
>games you download on your phone
>games you stream on any device
>he unironically thinks this is good

>what companies or people do you look up to in the gaming industry?
>"EA sports"
mfw

Attached: 1450694905119.jpg (700x592, 74K)

Buy Fallout 76

Attached: 1506121748461.jpg (600x636, 43K)

Things he mentioned when talking about Starfield worldbuilding:
>”How far in the future is it? What happened in those years in between? What is the technology level? What do they eat? Where do they go? What do they know? How do they communicate? What are the races or places or people or creatures or this or that - that’s really what I mean.” (1:05:36)
So confirmed to be in the future (perhaps of the Fallout universe, perhaps in ours) and have different races, though they may not be playable

Of course it's good for him.

The Fallout 3000 I always wanted.
I think that's pushing it though. I kind of doubt that.

>perhaps of the Fallout universe
Its a new IP, so not Fallout.

not him but seriously if you still browse Yea Forums on your phone while on vacation you're pathetic as fuck. like holy shit can't you disconnect, at your fucking VACATION? you know, a place where you go to leave behind your day to day life for a little while? I've been here for a decade already and even I can take a few days or weeks off if I'm on vacation.

there's 24 hours in a day so 1 hour would be 24% of the day not 1%

user please.

Todd pushing back on those "What do they eat?" memes.
Apologize.

Attached: 1554601103242.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Fuck this guy. Watching the segment on Fallout 76 has removed all credibility this man has ever had. People have been giving Todd the benefit of the doubt and say "Well, Todd doesn't know everything. He just gets excited and they make ambitious games! It's okay if he bends the truth a bit, he doesn't mean to!"

Yeah, well, guess what? He openly admits that they knew the game had a lot of problems, yet he not only doesn't care but completely excuses them. He tries to pass it off as them "trying something new" but the game was $60 AND had Microtransactions. They did not sell the game as an experiment, Todd went on stage and lied to everyone openly and boldfaced. There is not a single hint of regret at the launch, he did not apologize about ripping people off, he said nothing of the sort. He comes across as an egotistical asshole in this interview. He even says that he knew the game was gonna get bad reviews but didn't care. Yeah, sure reviews aren't all that important, but if they don't care about reviews why did they fuck Obsidian out of their bonus over one point on Metacritic?

Attached: 1557672397427.gif (450x326, 3.41M)

>he missed the part where he says $60 isn't even a good price-value for games and that's underselling

>still using the NetImmerse engine, created in 1997
>still loading screens through every single door
>still tiny ass five house cities
>still only a handful of voice actors
>still using Jeremy Soule for music, oh wait that's the only non-mediocre thing about TES, so they're not using Jeremy Soule this time.

why are those things minus the ads an inherently bad thing?

>phone
microtransactions shovelware
>stream
input lag, cant mod, cant fix with fan patches

there's bad pc and console shovelware, not really a good point and the streaming thing is supposed to (allegedly) improve to a point where it won't be noticeable. I think it's key to note that he says the streaming thing with obvious caution, most likely because he knows the technology isn't quite there

>ffffffffffffff(five years)
2024 TES VI, it has been confirmed.

>the streaming thing is supposed to (allegedly) improve to a point where it won't be noticeable
it's literally physically impossible for it to improve to a point where it isn't noticeable.
and additional input lag is never a good thing.
and no he doesn't say "streaming" with any caution.

When I went to Japan on a trip, I would spend my late nights shitposting liberal/lefty propaganda on /int/ and /pol/ just to piss them off while pretending to be Japanese. I was already in bed by than so it wasn't really wasting my vacation time since I would be going to sleep as the alternative.

>tfw shitposting on Yea Forums has been my vacation for years

x2 speed it then faggot. Keep up.

>it's literally physically impossible for it to improve to a point where it isn't noticeable.
oh shit whered you get your crystal ball, been looking for one
>and no he doesn't say "streaming" with any caution.
yes he does you autist, read the tone and body language

Attached: 1558013431024.jpg (881x631, 249K)

>go to sleep early
>wake up early and do more shit
christ man, thank you for posting this. whenever i think im pathetic, the internet never fails to raise my self-esteem.

I'm interested but don't wanna read the whole thing. Give me the lowdown?

>I didn't even mind fallout 3
so your opinion is worthless, gotcha

>oh shit whered you get your crystal ball, been looking for one
you don't need a crystal ball, dipshit, it's actual physics. there will ALWAYS be additional lag between the server and the client.

Attached: ta.jpg (266x303, 17K)

Ok? Some real flat earth think logic going on with you buddy.

Guess he's not coming to E3 this year to present anything.

Attached: ab3.jpg (540x651, 43K)

Lads I can't stay mad at him, I can be fucking pissed but as soon as I hear him speak he gains my complete confidence.
I'll probably be mad at him again tomorrow but as soon as he steps onto I'll start eating whatever shit he starts spewing and I'll buy his game once again only to put 400 hours in then decide it's shit and never play it again.

Attached: TheToddHowardCollection.png (363x482, 12K)

Be very patient.

>they were able to make a terminator game without legal approval or contract because of a copyright dispute
I'm not sure this makes sense

Yeah, it's like even if I don't like the direction Bethesda went, every time he's saying something, I'm like "nah, he's alright".

I'm sure it's his passive.

That's some solid analysis.

>every April Fools, we would do a sale for Oblivion, and increase the price of the Horse Armour, and it sells more than anything
How does he do it?

Todd lies about a lot of things, not just game features. The man is a business man first, he's the mouth piece for Bethesda as a whole.

He's a charming devil.

Bethesda is living proof of that being true, you can put out mediocre broken shit that is completely carried by it's accolades and marketing

same

>I'm not sure this makes sense

Attached: 1556224997154.jpg (300x300, 17K)

I've dated multiple girls for which Skyrim is the only game they've played since PS1 stuff like Spyro

>they are wising up, sir
>destroy everything

Attached: 8b4.jpg (680x383, 29K)

>Was 16 when I played skyrim
>Will be 30 by the time elder scrolls 6 releases
Made me think.

Its funny because Todd's first game is a Terminator game

People who were born when skyrim came out will be 15 years old by then. Holy shit.

that's what he's talking about, todd says towards the beginning the IP was in dispute so they just went and made it

>ign guys implies it might release be 2021
>todd says be VERY patient
That means we won't see it till at least 2023

He's honest

>we knew F76 was shit but we released it anyway
Why should I apologize him?

>End all be all science fiction game that everyone has always wanted to play

who else is ready for the futa harem crew mods bros?

Attached: 1553281853577.jpg (700x719, 63K)

Did you play skyrim and fallout 3 when they released? There was literally nothing else like them at the time.

His first game was apparently a cheap knock off reskinning of a star trek game he made when he was 12. Probably comparable to making a mod or Doom level

I think fallout 3 was the first proper RPG with good graphical quality.

the hell he is

If he actually made fuckable aliens that actually looks like aliens and not humans in costumes, I'd buy Skyrim on every system I own that it can be played on.

Attached: 1554720190214.jpg (617x800, 66K)

Why so jelly of Todd?

You're thinking of the earlier Bethesda Terminator games which were quite ass and notable only for being big. Future Shock (Todd's first game) was a lot more advanced than DOOM and legitimately impressive for the time. It was the first game to use the XnGine, providing a fully 3D FPS a full year before Quake came out. Texture-mapped polygons for all environments and enemies, 3D physics, several ridable vehicles, real 3D level design (room-over-room, wasd/mouselook, etc.)

hate Todd but for some reason still like Elder Scrolls. man a whole hour of him sucking himself off. Don't know if I can do it.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (200x169, 7K)

wait a damn minute..

He said in the interview his first game coding experience was what I said

Attached: I'm right.png (911x585, 781K)

Ah, thought you meant his first game at Bethesda that the guy you were replying to mentioned.

greentext me some highlights

Pretty sure every dev’s first experience is making garbage, so it’s sort of irrelevant to bring up

Yea Forums will never get over the "old good, new bad" meme

>todd talks to some ign dude for over an hour
>nothing concrete about starfield/tesvi
>something about doubling the price of oblivion horse armor and seeing it still outsell everything

It's on the record regardless

did he talk about fallout 76 and admit any fault? without info on new games, that would be the only thing id be interested in, but i know this is todd were talking about

obsidiot seething

he said he wished he had a longer and more thorough beta, that he learned there are many issues that you'll never discover without a long and large-scale test.

that's about it as far as regrets. he said the criticism was mostly "deserved" but also said that he had not expected it to be a "high metacritic game" to begin with. says that for this style of game it's more important how the game is updated than how it launches.
mostly excuses
though one thing worth noting is that he didn't try to throw the other studios under the bus. interviewer was giving him an out by saying it wasn't under his direct supervision and that it was mostly beth austin, but todd jumped in to say that his team did in fact work on it a lot and mostly everyone was involved.

read the thread people have posted lots of highlights. a lot of the video is the history of his career and bethsoft which is pretty interesting in its own right. then the rest is about where bethsoft is now and where they are going

fucking john carmack fucking retard asswipe only a sociopath would be able to make a game as shit as rage holy fuck that game was so fucking bad i hope john carmack drives straight off a cliff in his fucking F40

Why does Bethesda have studios in different locations anyways?

Because they've grown. He actually talks about it, the Montreal, Austin, and Dallas studios were all teams of devs they had worked with before, and over time they decided to bring them into BGS as the original maryland location grows slowly as they don't like to bring in too many new people.

>fallout 3
>proper RPG

fuck off zoomer i played it when it came out instead of being a fetus at the time like you.

I play Fallout 3 first, and i can say it´s bullshit.

based todd, covering his employees ass

You act tough because he intimidates you.

>wtf man you're not allowed to do what you want on vacation
Are you autistic?

Todd is a good man.

brainly.com/question/2104563

This is just simple physics you sperg

This is an almost ideal scenario, you have a single direct "perfect" connection between a host server in california and a client in new york.

That's a 26 ms delay between an input and response in a PERFECT set up.

Now recognize that the light in a fiber optic line doesn't move in a straight line but bounces, doubling or more the total distance it travels. you're up to at least 72ms of input lag with a single like traveling directly from the host to the client.

Now lets in a few network switches and several other clients.

STREAMING IS DUH FUTURE BOIS
Also gg never actually owning anything again ever.

Yeah that's obvious. Starfield is most likely 2021 and they never release games two years in a row.

kek, the jim sterling response to this is cringey as fuck i recommend everyone watch it

true bruh moment right here. Their dev cycle is 4-5 years so starfield will release in 2020 and es6 in 2024-2025

youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA

Attached: 1542373823160.png (200x330, 115K)

nigger 2023 would mean 8 (EIGHT!) years of dev time
He straight up said that they started work right after Fallout 4. 2020 is very likely.

>admits Bethesda does not listen to critics and thinks the metacritic score for 76 was positive
Has he finally lost the plot and no longer recognizes reality from fiction?

Attached: 1544086142887.jpg (1280x1268, 220K)

To be honest, Todd is the only good thing to watch on E3.

Todd knows. He just doesn't want to dwell on the past and looks forward to the future. He admits that it damaged Bethesda's and Fallout's reputation right in that video.

So will they develop games faster with all those extra studios?

Timestamp me faggot.

Both Todd and Pete said no, the standart cycle for them is still 3-4 years, with Starfield being an obvious exception since it's a new IP. Todd says in the video that he likes to develop slowly.

i was talking bout es6. they dont work on 2 games at once.

>not watching the entire thing even though there isn't really new information but it's new Todd Howard footage so whatever
Embarrassing.

put in on in the background while you do other shit, Todd has a good podcast voice

Oh in that case, I'd say 2024 even. If Starfield releases next year which is the earliest they can do, I don't see ES6 getting only 3 years of dev time, 4 sounds pretty good.

Holy shit that's THIRTEEN years after Skyrim, man.

Reminder Yea Forums has the lowest IQ of the site, hence why you have no trouble believing and even defending the hack that is Todd Howard

Attached: 1493941472878.png (2000x2000, 1.32M)

>147
>/pol/

Attached: 1513677806955.jpg (960x960, 48K)

>host server in california and a client in new york
how the fuck is an east to west coast connection an "almost ideal" scenario? google has a bunch of data centers, of course it'll connect you to the nearest one. that client in new york would be playing on a host in north carolina most likely.

For as memed as he is, Todd comes off as genuinely loving videogames. You can hear it when he talks about his past and his inspirations. Deep down he's one of us even if he's the figurehead of an increasingly corporate entity.

Attached: 15313902770374.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

They're doing different stuff, Austin was the main for F76, I think he said Dallas is where they do their mobileshit, but they spread it around and shift people up. When crunch comes they put more people on the main project.

No, because those are (mostly) studios they bought, not founded. If you look up how Zenimax aka Bethesda does things, they trick studios in order to buy them out for cheap, they're actually the scummiest dev/publisher out there, far worse than Activision and EA, because at least those companies are upfront about screwing over developers. Zenimax/Bethesda puts on an act pretending to be decent guys.

>Average Yea Forums user has higher than average IQ

Attached: Doubt.jpg (319x158, 4K)

Literal bait meme list that appears to be made at a time where r9k wasn't around so it's outdated too.

just keep trying new things, Todd. Make 'em wait!

Attached: 1517971439324.webm (1000x542, 2.96M)

this chart is pre-2016

You have to detract roughly 30points to all the boards due to redditors

>i don't believe in science

i guess we know yours

LEL

Wait a minute this is an edit, I remember the original having Yea Forums or /sci/ at the highest.

>/pol/
>147

Attached: Asuka Watermelon.jpg (1619x1725, 474K)

Attached: khaled.jpg (480x360, 25K)

>the dovahkiin kid will be getting bullied in high school
Based

>/ic/ is a high iq board
What

>/x/ is at the far left of the scale
you have the lowest iq on the site

>CTRL + F
>sorry
>0 results

Why the fuck is no one apologizing?

Attached: 1521237333288.jpg (680x719, 39K)

It was Yea Forums. Someone swapped their and /pol/'s positions. /pol/ got 93.

Attached: Pole Position.jpg (250x178, 17K)

sumimasen, todd-sensei

>muh IQ
Cringe

t.85IQ Yea Forumsedditor

anybody know the source of that FO4 unboxing part?

>thinking IQ = intelligence
>caring about IQ at all
Yikes and huge cope

>they don't have their own pool with their own custom-built 20000$ PC set-up right next to it purely for shitposting on Yea Forums only because you're too lazy to go get your phone every time
I pity you, poorfags

Attached: 1558125363644.png (526x550, 397K)

Nice try user. The edits always seem to fuck up the spacing of the labels.

Attached: Average IQ Per board.jpg (2000x2000, 632K)

turn based games could work at least lmao =\

>was positive
well desu it is scored as a positive integer.

Yea Forums cant be that low, its /pol2/

as he should be and his father relegated to the cuck shed

>For some reason I thought Oblivion was from 2005
It was scheduled to launch in 2005 but was delayed into early 2006 because they were having trouble getting it to run on the Xbox.

>thinking IQ = intelligence
confirmed 85IQ'er
>Yikes and huge cope
>can only talk in buzzwords
make it 80

What did he mean by this?

> Yea Forums is still the same

what did she mean by dis

He was before 76.

Have sex

Attached: 1538171012388.jpg (484x388, 25K)

i will do NO such thing!

Attached: 2d2.jpg (500x375, 26K)

Read right above you, nigger.

I'm sorry Todd, but neither you nor your games interest me.

Doesn't happen. Post proof.

only if Starfield is based and xenopilled

Attached: 81ZABYJ5bBL.jpg (836x1412, 312K)

>how much horse armor did you sell
>well, people will buy anything
>actually, I think horse armor is fine
>we had all this stuff for free for Morrowind and we said, "How can we bring this stuff to console players?"
>and we said, ok, we'll make it DLC, and we'll charge, we think it's worth this much, and that'll be fine
>but then someone at Microsoft said, "That's less than we sell wallpapers for, you guys should charge this much."
>and we said, well, ok
lol

You forgot
>every aprils fools day they have a sale
>they double the price of horse armor
>every year it is the best selling item
You just can't make this shit up

>*siiiiips* Aahhhhhh
>horse armor
>those were quality DLCs

Attached: 1548066660136.jpg (550x550, 46K)

Tick tock, wagie. Can't spend too much time enjoying yourself now, you need to get your six hours of sleep before waging tomorrow!

Attached: 1347584932856.jpg (3840x2160, 688K)

>/pol/ is that low
kek. I'm not surprised.

>browses Yea Forums

>So fucking boss he walked into bethesda before he even graduated and told them he wanted to work there
A product of his time. Do that today and you'll get laughed at, or it'll just be super awkward while the qt receptionist is internally mocking the ever-living shit out of you.

>implying
They just sent me to do the application.

I bet Todd himself would be one of the ones laughing at you, fucking asshole

Charisma is a requirement to be a con artist

>he says "people will buy anything" in this. How do people still like this guy?
What's wrong with what he said?

He's not wrong

t. guy who has a hollowed out twinkie with a qt grils turd filling the void being shipped rn

if bethesda is smart, theyll avoid 2020 because cyberpunk should be releasing then. regardless of if you hate cdpr and what theyve shown, thats bethesda's most direct competition, at least of what i know of what is releasing around that time. maybe they wouldnt have to wait a full year, but cdpr might not release until late 2020 or something

He's not wrong

also TW3 btfo'd fallout 4 in pretty much every way when it came out, especially snagging the awards and critical praise that skyrim dominated

>buying bitcoin to avoid the paywall

It's an hour user
Jesus Christ

>implying Bethesda ever has competition

According to current rumors Cyberpunk is an early 2020 title, while the devs are actually trying to get it out this year. I'm sure Starfield will be fine late 2020.

but he is a liar...

how the fuck does a non-bethesda studio make a better Elder Scroll game than Bethesda itself.

Sometimes one must tell a lie to speak the Truth.
Todd understood that.

>Tfw 30 years old when ES6 is released

Attached: DDF55547-1B8C-4723-8815-225A1568AC5B.jpg (882x960, 251K)

lol no. when asked by the ign guy if it was possible at next years e3, todd said to be very very patient.
late 2021 at the earliest.

Stat Citizen killer
Please make it happen Todd. I want to see those money wasters getting BTFO so much

>TES6 will have multiplayer features and consequently will require a "reasonable internet connection" to play

Attached: 14de5b24-8683-4729-a577-6a091abb7218.jpg (512x512, 53K)

SPORE
2!!!!

The Terminator: Future Shock in space

for a short time, the unofficial patch was added to the xbox 360.

Please watch the interview

That's what the 10th Planet was basically gonna be before it was canceled.

Attached: The 10th Planet.jpg (1386x1964, 702K)

>same page as Daggerfall
Ironic...