So how is your game going anons?

I am just starting to make my game and it is nice that godots default programming language is like python.
I have a bunch I need to learn still be so far it has been stable.

Attached: godot.png (1280x518, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickante.com.br/
beatrixs.xyz
youtu.be/o0M20jhEvLQ
itch.io/get-recW7w2K3sL9
itch.io/get-4GgPZPQAfKgA
itch.io/get-FkrutMVQVhVZ
itch.io/get-dAFtW9dqsJSs
itch.io/get-dL6yUGUdhSJE
godotengine.org/
cc0textures.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here is a basic enemy I made in 1-2 minutes. Is it complete shit or usable?

Attached: enemy_1_test.gif (32x32, 6K)

complete shit for a release, good for testing

i want to start a game once it is more stable

I was thinking about making a game in Java because I've been learning the language recently, I know it's not preferred for game development but for my simple game it might work.

There has literally never been a good piece of FOSS software.

Notepad++

did nothing wrong

This kind of post is hilarious since pretty much all of the internet runs on FOSS systems.

And just look at the state of it.

I made a new sprite today. Realistically I could slam out a bunch of assets with all the free time I have, but I just feel like my ideas are no good and nothing could live up to what I have in my mind. Maybe I'm just that type of person.

Attached: hoodedman1.png (300x300, 2K)

Good post Pajeet, 0.02 rupees has been added to your Microsoft account

>lincuck immediately offended

basicaly done, i going to launch it whitout the story more and add it later.
i just need to find a way to get enough money to put the fucking thing on steam now

Attached: PONG RPG 66.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

kickstarter

Attached: batenemy.gif (32x32, 6K)

my shithole of a country is not supported.

Attached: sad2.png (479x558, 220K)

hue ?

yep

Attached: HUEHUEHUE.png (680x510, 628K)

pateron then?

Attached: rocket.gif (32x32, 6K)

kickante.com.br/
Viadão

how do I find the strength to go on

Vou dar uma olhada. Obrigado anão.

Attached: AT LAST I TRULY SEE.jpg (225x225, 5K)

dont

okay

Attached: 1536755458072.jpg (283x438, 18K)

Bootleg Lovers in a dangerous spacetime?

Wrong thread?

Attached: 68EDBD82-1BD1-4023-B12A-01AA7C3A1F39.png (889x1218, 837K)

Attached: Captain_Thunderbolt.gif (48x48, 12K)

nah that looks like control the ship in that game and you got shot the enemies directly

mine is a inverted bullet hell where you need to bounce the meteors to hit the enemy ships to be able to destroy them

weapons are just screen cleaners, here is a realy old webm to show my point

Attached: PONG RPG 28.webm (1200x720, 2.86M)

Also, keep in mind pong is a copyright name.

name of the game is Federation of the Empire from the Republic of SPACE , pong rpg is the name of the "project".

>Federation of the Empire from the Republic by the Aliance of SPACE
or feras for short

Attached: teehee.gif (500x281, 526K)

Release on itch.io, make enough money, and release on Steam.

ABSOLUTELY INANE

I would highly recommend Piskel for sprite creation since it uses spreadsheets which is almost necessary for godot.

>tfw it's taking me weeks to draw a walking sprite and it's still gonna look shit

how much is needed?

100$ or about 400 bucks in hueland

>spreadsheets
>pixel art
what?

Cute

It costs money to upload a game to steam? I have no idea how publishing works, but it might be worth me knowing.

Also serious question: If you have shota/loli characters that are able to be naked and the nudity is censored but you also include a function that lets you turn off the censor if you input a password that nobody would know about but select people I choose, would that be legal?

>would that be legal?
probably not.
but you cant stop if SOME ONE THAT ISNT YOU launched a oficial patch that removes that

you have to blame THAT OTHER PERSON THAT ISNT YOU for that.

Very interesting user

I think that would just affect the rating of the game. sounds basically what happened with the hot coffee GTA scandal

>So how is your game going anons?
I kinda finished it:beatrixs.xyz

Most people find tell me it's confusing as fuck, I don't know whats confusing about it all you have to do is play Tetris and input commands following a rhythm.

Attached: feelskimochiwaruiman.png (500x500, 235K)

>Steam costs 100$ per release
>Google play costs 25$ per account
>GOG ???
>Itch.io is free

>are able to be naked and the nudity is censored
that can still fall under child exploitation

lol when i wanted steam to relax their nudity policies i was hoping for more games with normal nudity, not degenerate garbage, instead i get these animu freaks

>>GOG ???
they deny your request because you game is too niche

Attached: cry.jpg (662x807, 121K)

Friend of mine is making a meme VN game. Although all things considered it's surprisingly wholesome. He's gonna crowdfund it soon to actually bump up the art quality but it's actually quite good. Selling it on being able to fuck a skeleton has paid off apparently.

Attached: meme.png (1726x970, 2.3M)

Just a question, was anyone waiting for that engine?

It costs 100 usd to upload to steam and there is a month wait for people to play your game for marketing. You might have to pay more for trading cards which will help sales.
Also if you want to do loli shit you have to remove the nudity from steam copy and give people a patch though the steam forums. You cannot sticky the post with the patch but you can post a link to a patch and how to patch the game.

100 dollars? It might not even be worth it. I'd be surprised if I made 100 dollars from sales with the little pixel game I am making

If finished a model for a gun like 90% of people on /3/.

Attached: screenFetch-2019-06-02_16-59-06.png (1150x622, 321K)

Please tell me the Activate Windows watermark is part of the game. If not, consider it.

its complete shit in a lovable way, keep at it

If you make 100 usd in sales it is given back to you.
Just start with itch.io and google play first then go to steam. Also market the game a bit. Make a reddit account and go shitspam your game and people will buy it. You can get bots to post shit about your game for you if you want. Also you can shill a little here but people will call you out on it.

Still in prototype phase, its gonna be a 2d puzzle game. But the mechanic is new so I have to figure stuff out and make it fun. Also using godot.

Unfortunately just part of my screencap ;'(

feeling like playtesting, anyone wants to share?

To be completed sometime between October and February youtu.be/o0M20jhEvLQ

itch.io/get-recW7w2K3sL9
itch.io/get-4GgPZPQAfKgA
itch.io/get-FkrutMVQVhVZ
itch.io/get-dAFtW9dqsJSs
itch.io/get-dL6yUGUdhSJE

Attached: Wl3Yym.png (480x640, 127K)

Is there absolutely any reason to use godot other than
>it's free bro lmao

I'm gonna make a dota 2 mod with go-karts as soon as I finish my exams!

Nowadays I find myself preferring Krita over Photoshop because, for starters, Krita was actually designed for art whereas PS only includes that functionality as an afterthought, and also because Krita doesn't require 8GB RAM.

2D works out of the box.

Godot did quite a bit wrong actually but that's what made him interesting.

It's been getting a lot of shilling from random youtubers here lately. Is someone paying them to shill free software? Why? Is it actually good?

Why would you use GM over it?

Looks great, keep it up.

Furry germans from the KDE team develop good stuff in general.

Attached: kiki_s_plastic_model___front_view_by_tysontan_dbi236c-fullview.jpg (1600x1065, 114K)

I'm also making a shmup for mobile.

Attached: 1515753384319.gif (128x128, 10K)

I'm not making a 2D game though, If you need an engine for pixelshit you're better off flipping burgers at your nearest McDonalds

You don't have to pay godot anything for any reason.
Also 2d works.

It's alright for 2D, it's completely useless for 3D. I don't get the sudden spike in shilling for it either, anyone who's actually used it for more than five minutes will encounter its many problems and move back to whatever engine they came from.

made for hotglue

>shit for release

Why? Is it about portability? Because I'm thinking about switching to Unity for the final game, but if there is no good reason godot seems pretty neat so far.

Attached: kiki_s_plastic_model___low_angle_rear_view_by_tysontan-dbi250r.jpg (1600x1065, 178K)

Guessing there is a shill campaign going on
The engine is MIT license so he can charge money for it tomorrow and nobody can stop it

Please help
I'm trying to make a jrpg.
I already have a vague idea of the plotline in my mind, but there is a particular important plot element I don't know how to deal with:
The first option is to keep that element well hidden for the majority of the game, only to reveal it at the right time with a nice plot twist; this twist would explain a lot of mysterious stuff that happened until then.
In the second option instead, that element is already manifest since the beginning, so there is no twist anymore; this, however, would allow for a rather interesting game structure that I don't think was ever tried before.
Can't say more to avoid spoiler.
Pic unrelated

Attached: vr.jpg (300x168, 8K)

I programmed my own 2D engines in my time, don't feel the urge to waste time on that again if I can get a well used and tested one.

was to

Either
Use a lot of time creating tools to make the game
OR
Make the game

Even if you make your own engine you are probably going to use a lot of libraries as well.
The analogy that's stuck with me was about a guy thinking about playing drums and then being told to make it himself and in the end he ended up a goat herder cause he had to breed his own goats for the drum skin

fair enough, at least you have some understanding of how everything works under the hood
frameworks are the way to go friendo

Honestly this looks pretty rad but more of a mobile game imo. Still good work user

>nodevs still larping as enginedev advocates

I polished up a game I wrote for a game jam pretty recently.
I'm writing a really simple game framework in my spare time for fun.
My actual serious project has been dead in the water for about a year now even though I still kind of want to keep at it.

>that I don't think was ever tried before.
I highly doubt that.
However you could do that for NG+.

As the project is, if Juan were to start making it paid, contributors would just grab everything and do a new team
godotengine.org/

Anons, I see a lot of people saying godot for 2d games. Is unity 2d that garbage? What other things would you guys recommend for 2d games?

Do first.
And do second. For second playthrough. Like evil route in soul nomad.

Game maker (you have to pay for a licence which is 100 usd. It's like godot but a little better and it costs more. To get a switch licence for this engine it costs 700 usd for one year.)
Unity 2d (only pay if you get good sales but is not light weight)

Why is it dead in the water, user? Can we help?

Attached: roy.jpg (782x788, 52K)

Is the game interesting before the twist?
If no, take option 2

Is making a worms clone in godot easy? Better yet, a liero clone (way higher rate of terrain deformation)? I tried in gamemaker but the bmp read/write method was too slow and the quadtree one tanked the framerate with many quads.

the coordinate and collision system is really bad for 2D games, at least for pixelshit

>It's like godot but a little better
No it isn't, it's far worse than Godot.

What about not pixelshit? A more physics based game. Would you be able to make unity work well or should I switch to a different engine?

Attached: 1555303848742.gif (434x444, 479K)

>I'm trying to make a jrpg.
You will never be japanese so stop trying.

I gave up on it after 3 years. Don't regret it though; the great thing about being a 1MA game developer is that between artwork, music, graphic design or coding, you'll find out quickly which one you'd like to pursue further.

Attached: green is my pepper.jpg (418x299, 52K)

Is GZdoom good for FPS games?

>Like evil route in soul nomad.
Not him but I freaking love that game.

Attached: Soul Nomad OST.jpg (2834x2821, 1.31M)

I'd give it a shot, it worked for Hollow Knight and Cuphead after all

2D is shit in Unity because it handles 2D as a 3D game, they are not pixels, they are units, and if you use physics, you cannot have precise movement, if you move an object directly, physics system will reconstruct the object collision every frame, so you will either, write your own collision system using Unity features, enjoy the shit performance, or ignore the precise movement.

Would anybody be interested in working together to build a few shit games from the ground up? Make all our assets and do shit just for practice and fun? It's always easier with a friend or two to wade through the shit with.

Attached: firefox_2019-05-29_11-58-26.png (355x314, 146K)

Only if you are a true friend.

I just put out my latest game on Steam. 56 sales on the first day. Pretty good desu.

It's dead in the water because I'm a lazy shit and I've got to make a bunch of graphics.
I've tried several times to simplify the way I want the game to look, but it's not really working out.
After that, I need to make levels.

There's a largely complete set of player actions and movement done, there's a full soundtrack completed (like, actually completed), but not implemented in the game, and there's a bunch of half-assed art I've slapped together.

The motion of everything in the game is very aesthetic, kaleidoscope-esque. If I were you, I'd shit the art direction to cash in on that.

Please respond

Attached: 1554791557808.gif (250x194, 41K)

Friendly tip for anyone playing around with 3d that wants some good place holder textures to test out. Found this site a little while back and the textures are decent for being public domain. cc0textures.com/

I've been learning to code for my career (python), and I kinda wanna do some for fun. I already do math (vector algebra is piss easy), but I'd want to try my hand at games. What would be the dangers of diving into, say, strategy games? Platformers? Rythm games? What would be easiest to get into, from a learning to code perspective?

Could you post bits of your soundtrack? I'm actually interested.

make an MMORPG, they're piss easy

Yes, you can even write your own c++ module for that.

MUDs are technically MMORPG right?

I mean I think I'm a pretty good friend. I'll be your friend, user.

Attached: 1556578583751[1].jpg (2538x3490, 395K)

i dont think i can shit on it more than this

Attached: PONG RPG 59.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Any kind of 2d game where you control a single entity would probably be the easiest to start with.

Attached: 1545664481273.png (1024x733, 452K)

make a shmup

is coding games a good way to learn programming, assuming you already know the absolute basics?

Sort of? You're better off coding simple programs that sort data and shit from APIs in games/platforms/stuff imo

Attached: addict-preparing-drugs-185245989-5b34002346e0fb003790279e.jpg (4300x2867, 250K)

yes, but I would get into art if you haven't already as well

Attached: 1512874471907.jpg (744x1052, 98K)

ow, the framerate

I'm just going to trace 3D models for my art! I don't care if you say it looks bad!

Why's he setting the maple syrup and powdered sugar on fire?

Almost ready to release a demo alongside the kickstarter, just been working on the quests for it.

Attached: UnderspaceQuestyQuests.png (1613x904, 790K)

to get high dude, lmao, dont you know how to weed?

Attached: 1483799768877.png (898x818, 1.31M)

Who neet dev ?

For the summer yeah. Progress is still incredibly slow though. I need to find some way to enjoy the grind.

yeah the nukes used to nuke my machine back in the day

since i updated then to be 3d models instead of particles its way better now
i could even add upgrades to the nuke to increase the size of the explosion so they are more balanced now

same as until next semester starts I'll have all day to work on my game

I wish

GZdoom is a port of doom user, its not a game engine.

i belive you mean the build engine

A majority of jobs it can get around me are midnight ones right now so yes.

I'm making piles of skulls, how's your day going?

Attached: skullpile.jpg (1290x1052, 385K)

decent, what's your game?

Attached: libraries-are-too-white-book-burnings (its real - verified).png (599x719, 666K)

you know you can do that with normal maps right?
unless you are doing that to make the normal map texture in that case just call me a dumb afggot

Spooky, thanks to you

it's going to be geometry.

why? you just wasting precious poligons

Mildly curious. How much experience do you have and expect of your partner? I've dabbled with making a roguelike.

Attached: RLGame_Xhlk2AL4qi.png (816x598, 44K)