Why can't Personababbies play a real SMT game?

Why can't Personababbies play a real SMT game?

Attached: T2Ig9FP_d.jpg (620x349, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/255233351/#q255389334
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/255233351/#q255389550
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/255233351/#q255390135
youtube.com/watch?v=BGORm3P0F1w
youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA
youtu.be/kB52ole0BgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because persona attracted a shitton of waifufags and trannies to the series

Attached: The Dark Souls of Persona.jpg (1280x1138, 297K)

SMT IV sucks.

Hoooly shit

Why can't SMT babbies play a real RPG?

Attached: baldur.png (1531x2120, 3.96M)

This your brain on poosona

Why SMT fags are so obsessed with Persona?

t. never played SMT IV
t. never played Baldur's Gate

because modern SMT games have shitty black white routes to law chaos and neutral. Devil Survivor has he best routes of any SMT game with creative twists to law chaos and neutral with more than just 3 routes and scenarios that dont suck.

honestly I'm finding persona 3 harder than smt4

Attached: 456541.png (512x505, 603K)

>why are fans of the series upset with a babby mode spinoff that only has the appeal of being waifushit
because of this

>end up rolling a 105 on my paladin within 10 rolls
>roll with a two hander build
>two hander I bought at the start breaks near instantly because every weapon has a 2% chance to break every swing for plot reasons
>uninstall

Attached: 1434851502616.png (255x490, 154K)

>t. never played SMT IV
But I have, the game is not very good. SMT as a whole isn't very good, Devil Survivor is much better.

Probably because SMT IV starts on normal and you don't have hard from the beginning, while in Persona 3 you can pick your difficulty from the start.

I'm playing Lost Child on hard atm, and believe me, some bosses are way harder than anything I ever saw in SMT and Etrian Odyssey. And you have shitton of MP for spells.

It's weird how a series now known for it's "difficulty" has never really been all that hard until maybe the PS2 era. A lot of those SNES, Saturn/PS1 era games were made for auto combat, I mean yeah there's difficult points at a few parts, but it's so easy to cheese the "winning strategy" with almost every encounter that it just kinda becomes a joke. I think I literally had no issue with SMT 2 at all until maybe Tiamat. Hell, most of the current crop becomes a joke once you realize how fucking broken MAG is in nearly all of the games. There's difficulty early on with DeSu, SMT4/A, SJ, but the power creep becomes real and you become very overpowered quite easily.

Attached: 1554921977432.png (207x210, 48K)

Why can't SMTfags quit their victim complex and realize that Persona is the series that appeals more to the masses? Cope.

Why can't you?

Attached: 2.png (256x224, 3K)

>Persona is the series that appeals more to the masses
yeah no fucking shit

Attached: 1548610207464.jpg (865x900, 65K)

I like SMT but Persona is better and with less cancerous fanbase

>Why are SMT fags so obsessed with Persona
I'm assuming you're not familiar with the series, or the threads, but most of the people here don't hate Persona as a series. Hell, I play both, and so do countless other people in these threads. The issue strictly stems from Personafags themselves being absolute mongrels most of the time. There's been countless times when they've derailed threads when they didn't get the response they wanted to hear, or they'll just outright shitpost out of spite. To be really honest, while I play both series for different reasons, I enjoy the gameplay and atmosphere of SMT far more. Also obligatory post for YOSUGA GAAANG

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 23K)

DeSu2's difficulty falls off pretty sharply but I thought the original was hard as balls all the way through even if you had the most optimal build. Overclocked's extra day had my filtered for years before I finally beat Metatron

Because 99% of Yea Forums and most of Yea Forums still gotta have that "I'm a cool kid and betterer than you" mentality. I personally think DDS is better than Nocturne by a country mile, but Nocturne is the COOL KID choice.

Is that the chick from Nocturne? Chiaki?

>Persona is better and with less cancerous fanbase
You have to be absolutely delusional to believe this, only shows that your only knowledge of the Megaten fanbase comes from reddit and /pg/ memes.

>a real SMT
>posts IV

Oh my I am laughing

>Persona has a far less cancerous fan base
>Threads either consist of ripping each other apart and calling either P3, P4, or P5 a shitty game
>Blatant threads with nothing but waifu posting and talking about fucking the girls with hardly any discussion of the games
>Or in recent times, console wars, and Smash autism
Why did you lie?

>with less cancerous fanbase
I know this is bait but those cock suckers have been flooding Yea Forums with their waifu spam threads for a fucking decade. Only now that Persona 5 is out has it finally stopped

Yeah, like Persona 4: Apocalypse!

Attached: toki awakens.png (401x240, 97K)

>Persona is better
I'd say only P3 is better than the SMT games
>and with less cancerous fanbase
waifufags are the most cancerous things in any fanbase and that what the person fanbase is filled with

>everything I don't like is a bait

Can we expect to see remasters/remakes of IV and Apocalypse on current gen consoles?
Also, what's gonna happen to Etrian Odyssey now?

Attached: 1361234849194.jpg (686x572, 68K)

I'm playing nocturne for the first time. do I only put points in str or do I put some in vit as well?

Wish I could system transfer my banned 3DS to my unbanned 3DS.
I wanted to replay SMTIV in a system with a circle pad that works.

Agility and Vit are pretty important alongside your combat stat, dont neglect them too much

>ost that is easily forgotten

Attached: 1556654265228.jpg (320x231, 14K)

Str is a pretty safe play. Vit isn't as useful because only one part of it works (the fact that you get more hp), but low level runners will still invest in it.

I was lying, honestly. Neither Persona, nor SMT is what I'd call a "good" JRPG, let alone a good series. I've played through just about most of the mainline titles for each entry, and all I've experienced are blatant rehashing of elements, or the series being overly reliant on tradition. Altus might as well be Gamefreak 2.0 in how lazy they are, when it comes to properly developing a quality story, let alone gameplay.

SMT as a series is heavily reliant on Tokyo as a setting for "plot" reasoning, like the Expanse being connected to it. Instead of breaking away from that and using other settings, they continue to use said location as a setting when many people voice their frustration on it all the time. All the spinoffs that take place in different periods, or locations in general tend to have better story and theme execution, but spinoffs have all but died at this point. The only thing the spinoffs don't exceed in, is gameplay.

That brings me to the next point. The Press Turn system is hyped up as some "life or death challenge", but it's practically Trivialized RPG combat at its finest. You can abuse this system so much, that enemies won't even have the chance to get the initiative unless you get surprise back attacked. The combat literally boils down to
>Spam weakness
>Gain turns and continue to bash the enemy
>Buff if necessary
It's so simple that it's mind numbing. Persona manages to water this down even further with One More, and P5 didn't help with its addition of the Baton Pass. I'd get more in depth on how sad Persona is as well story wise, but I'm not trying to ramble. Anyone who's played P1, or P2 know that Persona 3 is virtually a bastardized rehash of P1, and P5 is a soulless rehash of P2. Altus can't help themselves but to rehash elements to the point where it's not even subtle for long time fans. Hell, SMTV looks like Nocturne 2.0

Point in case is, this series is absolutely pathetic and I feel sorry for you guys. Try playing Xenoblade.

>Try playing Xenoblade.
you almost got me user

>Only now that Persona 5 is out, has it stopped
That's a fucking lie. I can't even count all the P5 threads like these that I've seen over time.
>Ann is a bimbo!
>Aaaaa I love my wife Makoto!
>Futaba is a stinky neet and I want to fuck her!
>Kawakami is my maid slut aaaaaa why isn't she real bros!
>I want to lick Takemi's feet while she gives me a check up!
It's ridiculous. Rarely do I see an actual thread discussing P5, that isn't blatant shitposting, or waifu shit.

>Try playing Xenoblade.
After the shitstain that was 2, nah.
2 isn't even a bad game, but compared to the rest, it's really the difference between Persona 3 and 4. It really kills me we have some autistic fag who always posts about it in discussion threads saying it's the best story since Saga 3.

Attached: 1537143254624.jpg (912x785, 361K)

Well to be fair, what in P5 is even worth discussing? In terms of gameplay it's even easier than P4.

It's the truth, though. You can play the "Baaaaw it's bait" card all you want, but Xenoblade is honestly a good series.
>Immersive and creative settings with loads of optional exploration, side quests, and in general depth in each area compared to the usual hallway filled dungeons in basic JRPG's
>Combat can actually be challenging and requires you to pay full attention since things play out in real time, later games require even more strategy
>Beautiful soundtracks with plenty of memorable songs that stick with you for hours
I'd say the only bad thing about Xenoblade is how overly cliche it is on shonen manga tropes. The characters are a little too basic for my liking as well, but the gameplay makes up for that. Otherwise, I find it one of the better JRPG series of the decade. You should play it.

XC2 babbies should be ignored. They're no better than Personafags when it comes to waifuposting, and barely discussing the game.

>SMT thread mentions Persona in the OP
>It goes to shit in minutes
Very nice

Cope, Ryan. SMT is a shit series, and if it were half as good as you clowns claimed it to be, it'd be more popular.

>SMT threads
>Goes to shit in seconds because discord trannies like you and Ryan can't stop making them daily now
Head back to /vg/, and cope.

Vanilla 4 was shit tho

SMT fags are the most insufferable fanbase on the universe

>>Immersive and creative settings with loads of optional exploration, side quests, and in general depth in each area compared to the usual hallway filled dungeons in basic JRPG's
The dungeons in Xenoblade 2 are literal hallways though. I'll give you the that the actual hub areas are open, but there isn't really much benefit in exploring everything. The only one that encouraged this was X, where as 1/2 it was decent filler. Side Quests in all of these games are brain dead shit that involve "Go here, collect/fight this".
>Combat can actually be challenging and requires you to pay full attention since things play out in real time, later games require even more strategy
Xenoblade 1 was the only one with any sort of complex strategy, and I'm using that lightly. X and 2 are fun games, but they lack the difficulty to encourage smarter play. X is a joke once you get Skells and then it's all about managing cooldowns, and 2 is "Use Crit Heal Mythra, Evasive Morag, Zeke", the ultimate strategy of the last few chapters for me was using this combination and it was taken from me for a single chapter where I had to experiment for the first time with Rex for the first time ever with Blades, then as soon as I got Mythra back, it was back to business and the last dungeon was a cake walk.

Xenoblade is a good series, but people here overrate it. I'd rank it with Persona 4/5, or a Graces F/Xillia 2 in the terms of that level of quality.

Attached: 1549487634814.jpg (338x357, 42K)

>not playing both

obviously you dont remember the waifu posting from P3 and P4. It was much much worse, P5's managed to die out after only a year while P3/P4 still has occasional bump limit waifu threads

Why can't SMTfags stop their victim complex? I don't get it, you bastards love SMT for trying to remain focused on the mechanics and setting throughout the years thus being not being appealing to the masses, but at the same time you hate Personafags for mutating Persona into a pandering brand and growing so large that it basically overthrew SMT as a series despite being born as a spin-off, thus becoming ATLUS's flagship series.

Reality check SMTfags, the only way SMT will keep being SMT is by being limited in what audiences it can reach. This manufactured divide between Personafags and SMTfags is absolutely ridiculous.

Attached: 1554301775456.jpg (352x550, 13K)

Demon is attempting to change a skill...let it continue?

Try to read the thread again, retard. People don't dislike Persona. People dislike Personafags.

no

>alt tab
>save state
>state 1
yes

Attached: 1443458766920.jpg (608x626, 88K)

Yes, I absolutely want Mediarahan to become Poisma.

if smt 4 is a "real" smt game then i dont blame them for not wanting to look at the series. smt 4 and 4a are fucking dogshit compared to previous smt games.

>implying you can’t love them all
Fucking casual.

kek

Actually, SMT will be fine. IV sold over 600k by itself, and all signs point to V being able to break the series out of its shell in terms of exposure, and surpass a million. The main audience for the series is in Japan to begin with, and just about everyone there has a Switch nowadays. Truthfully, it's just a waiting game.

1 and 2 are piss easy babby SNES RPGs, and Nocturne is pretty decent.
Such prestige, such quality. Truly the best mainline of games that aren't totally overshadowed by almost all of their spin off series.

Try to read the thread retard, people are hating Personafags for not playing SMT as well which that post detailed exactly why, Persona became easy to get into while SMT more or less sticks to its guns, there's no solution to this other than mutating SMT into something as easy to get into as Persona and that would just make any SMTfag lose their mind.

>Previous mainline SMT games
>Strange Journey
>Nocturne
>SMT II which little to no one has played
>SMT I which little to no one has played
Uh...

Fine, suit yourself. Fucking idiot.

I played SMTIV
The story was dull
The areas were boring
The gameplay was autistic

the combat is pretty brain deadbut the mental fortitude needed to actually play these games to completion with the insane encounter rates and massive dungeons that have you backtracking all over the place is enough to filter most people

Hey pal, want me to change Repel Phys into Makajamaon?

Get AGI up to 10.
After that just keep pumping into STR untill 27/28 max and occassionally put some points into VIT when you feel like your becoming kinda squishy.
Don't even bother with the rest untill STR, VIT, AGI are all around 27/28 in that order.

4 Apocalypse stays hard to the end
Even after getting to max level and grinding out top tier demons I only beat YHVH with one demon left alive after surviving a wipe with Enduring Soul

Rude. :(
No, seriously. That ''new'' skill is usually shit.

SMT IV is better with ''customizing'' your demons as you can pick which skill you wish to transfer. Unlike Nocturne where the skills are picked randomly (aaaaand you have to cancel fusion and pick it once again and again and again and again and again until the game finally picks the skills you wish to transfer to a new demon).

Actually no, that's not happening at all if you truthfully read the thread. I don't think anyone cares what Personafags play, and the OP is more than likely a false flagging operation to start animosity.
>Mutate it into something easier to get into
What you're trying to say, is that they should casualize the series to appease to the masses more, but this isn't necessary in the slightest. I'd prefer if it stuck to its guns, instead of mindlessely altering its formula to appeal to casuals. That's why Persona exists, and there's nothing wrong with that. You sound misinformed.

Attached: image.png (633x531, 280K)

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 are better than Persona 3 in nearly all aspects though. Why do you think Persona 3 is better?

>Immersive and creative settings with loads of optional exploration, side quests, and in general depth in each area compared to the usual hallway filled dungeons in basic JRPG's
>Beautiful soundtracks with plenty of memorable songs that stick with you for hours
Just described SMT bro (:

i actually just got IV! what am I in for?

Attached: 1509765609144s.jpg (238x183, 6K)

That's the complete opposite of SMT. This is why this series isn't taken seriously, and won't be once SMTV reveals how shallow this series, and it's fandom truly is. You faggots get so damn high from sniffing your own farts, that you can't even cope with the fact that it's objectively mediocre.

A video game.

Play it blind, games are most enjoyed that way.

>objectively
Don't use words you don't understand, okay sweetie (:

>objectively
I don’t think you know what that word means, user.

Why can't persona's writers stick to persona and leave smt alone?

Xenobabbies need to be gassed.

Fuck off retard

Dex build

Attached: 1551575719252.gif (250x195, 1.96M)

wurld of glass cannons

Haven't played a SMT game yet, but I have a 3ds should I play Devil Survivor or IV?

IV
DeSu is good too but it has fuck all to do with the mainline series

Why is Walter so great for memes?

Post your favorite demons.

Attached: cu chulainn.jpg (452x640, 20K)

I told you to fucking cope, Ryan. Don't you dare reply to me again. This is your final fucking warning. Your series is shit, and it'll never be held up to proper JRPG standards. Xenoblade, and Persona are the future.

Attached: Alilat.jpg (198x556, 20K)

Rent free.

Attached: Mada.jpg (1238x1920, 418K)

Hi, I'm Ryan btw. :^)

This thread is beyond saving user, don't even bother.

Anyway, mine's Belial.

Attached: Belial.png (1233x1700, 1.16M)

Fuck off already Ryan. You're free to stop samefagging at any time to change the topic so you can save face. I've already outed you and your SMT discord cabal.

>It's weird how a series now known for it's "difficulty" has never really been all that hard until maybe the PS2 era
The PS2 era is when the series came overseas and gained thos reputation, dumbass
Either way, go play Majin Tensei 2, SMT if or Kyuuyaku and tell me they're easy
>There's difficulty early on with DeSu, SMT4/A, SJ, but the power creep becomes real and you become very overpowered quite easily.
4A stays balanced to the end and there's only power creep in the SJ remake, not the original

Doesn’t mean we can’t post our favorite demons. Also, good taste.

>464717281

Attached: smt4_walter.jpg (400x240, 110K)

>get neutral route
>have to do tons of random sidequests in Tokyo now

Attached: 1542870974248.png (400x240, 69K)

why do you have to start an SMT thread with SMTvsPersona faggotry

Attached: 1555583166949.png (480x489, 304K)

Kyuuyaku is honestly pretty easy. Although SMT I and II are still much easier to break if you know what you're doing. I still need to play the Majin Tensei games some day, cannot satisfy my hunger etc.

>Playing a JRPG without core waifu features

This is why SMTV will never be release while my wife is present in like 3 Persona games

Attached: illust_59428559_20190604_084837.jpg (1139x771, 648K)

Is this what autism looks like?

VIT is actually really good because a lot of the good physical skills scale off it instead of strength, plus you get extra HP

Where did this Ryan guy come from, and why is he so mad? Is he a Personafag, a Xenofag, or what?

Post SMTIV CIA with DLC CIA

Devil Summoner Cu Chulainn is better in my opinion. The modern one has a weird sci-fi look to it, great design bit doesn't feel fitting for him.

Attached: Cu Chulainn.jpg (1280x1599, 653K)

Reminder to ignore the schizo

>Sae > Dumpster fire >>>>>>>>>>>> Makoto

Is it worth going back to do Neutral in IV after Law/Chaos or should I move onto Final?

its some retard that calls others Ryan after his dead boyfriend

>implying the demons aren’t waifu material

Attached: pixie.jpg (306x475, 50K)

Back to /vg/, discord tranny
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/255233351/#q255389334
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/255233351/#q255389550
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/255233351/#q255390135

I like Cu Chulainn in all his forms. It's pretty amazing how in every single SMT he ranges from baseline decent to actually really good. A lot of other demons have some games where they're just garbage, but Cu is always a solid choice.

Attached: 1332130346904.jpg (2000x1456, 583K)

literally everything else about p5 >>> piles of feces >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Makoto

Move to final. Neutral can get bugged so that you can't do the required collection quests.

Devil Summoner Cu looks a lot more reminiscent of a knight, while his newer design is based off of a Sci-Fi film if I recall correctly. I wish they'd just use his Devil Summoner design, since Tam Lin has the same design as modern Cu Chulainn. Either remove Tam Lin, or give him the other design. Atlus is so bad about this.

>I like Cu Chulainn in all his forms.
Are you a homo? Homos like him.

You can literally get it from the 3DS CIA website.

SMTII is nowhere near as easy to break. Unless you get lucky with human fusion and find a way to fuse Shiva early on to spam divine retribution there are areas that will halt progress. The archangel gauntlet in the midgame can be brutal even for players reasonably well equipped.

SMTII isn't balanced amazingly but it's not broken like SMTI. I feel like people who say this haven't played them.

Xenofags everyone

Attached: ihatethisfanbasenow.png (591x963, 247K)

The neutral ending side quests filtered me for the longest time

I have no idea. But literally every normie I know loved P5, and either didn't even know about SMT or didn't like it and put it away after an hour.

That's because he's always primarily in the Level 45 ~ 60 range, so you can grind him out if you really want to keep him on board.

Persona 1 and 2 are better than any SMT game though. When will you fags learn that 3-5 aren’t real?

Could be worse, he could be a Alice or Moh Shuvuu faggot.

Nah, some other human fusions still make the game easy up until late game. Also you can get a cursed weapon for the MC very early on that will make you very powerful for quite a long time. I will agree that SMT I is still easier to break though.

>SMTII is nowhere near as easy to break.
Charm Bullets. Makes almost every encounter piss easy, and you can get them super early.

Don't shitpost with P1, and P2. As much as I love those games though, the actual gameplay and dungeon design is the definition of easily broken, and archaic.

As a Xenoblade fan I am utterly disgusted by your post.

getting showered in praise made up for the shitty sidequest marathon

Attached: 1543429985821.png (251x261, 92K)

>agree with Walter the most
>get locked into the law ending because I’m too nice
>Jonathon’s okay, but he isn’t Walter
Fuck

Absolute bro-tier demon.

Attached: charmed I’m sure .jpg (500x500, 77K)

I love the sound of seething SMT retards

>Charm Bullets. Makes almost every encounter piss easy, and you can get them super early.
Nowhere near as good as they were in 1

Nah, but when I started the series with SMT I he was pretty damn good. Then when I played another game and fused him, he was still strong. It kept happening, so eventually he just became a mainstay for me in every game, and he still hasn't let me down. Hell in his sidequest in SJ he gives you a very simple password that unlocks a Cu with a kit that's probably stronger than it has any right to be. What a bro.

Why can't jarpiggies play a real RPG?

Because WRPGs are dead.

>look at a list of recommended role playing games
>get a list of action games pretending to be role playing games
arcanum 2 when

Same reason you can't, would rather shitpost then play the game they pretend to praise.

The only thing better is making a ">jrpg humor" thread to see xenobabies seethe.

Because they dont make games like Might and Magic 6 anymore

Oh yeah that one is great too

Attached: A7735AFC-2C62-4D33-9BDF-A134061B555D.jpg (400x240, 20K)

Why do SMTfags think they are any better than purseownerfags? SMT 3 is unironically dog shit and boring as fuck. ANYBODY saying it’s entertaining is contrarian and trying too hard to like something so they can seem cool to fellow neckbeards. And SMT4 looks like the same anime bullshit in persona, so what is the difference? None of the games are hard either, there is no true skill in a turn based jrpg that you can grind in.

>grinding
>in SMT

I play Persona 5 for the visual novel elements, i only want to feel good with my virtual friends in a comfortable atmosphere. Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona 1-2 are unappealing to me as they're too hardcore with the RPG dungeon crawling plus my beloved waifu Ann only exist within the Persona Universe. You're free to enjoy SMT but i think i'll stick with Persona.

Attached: Ann-Takamaki-ann-takamaki-40473785-570-673.jpg (570x673, 211K)

Name a better alignment, I'll wait

I love all this blatant false flagging and shitposting to tear down the SMT fandom. It's about time these pretentious fucks got their medicine, and I'm going to further increase this in weeks to come. Praise, Ryan.. Praise Persona 5, and praise Xenoblade..

>youtube.com/watch?v=BGORm3P0F1w

So I've started out on both Raidou and DDS. What should I finish first? I like both so far.

DDS is actually pretty short, finish that one first

VISUALS NOVELS ARE SHIT I'LL BE HERE FIGHTING ANGELS IN THE NAME OF CHAOS WHILE YOU CLING TO ANN CAN YOU EVEN TAKE ON THE ARMIES OF YHVH AND FIGHT IN THE NAME OF CHAOS? I BET YOU DREAM OF HOLDING ANN’S HAND INSTEAD OF CLAIMING THE WORLD IN LUCIFERS OWN GLORY DO YOU EVEN DUNGEON CRAWLING?

by the logic of deluded personafags we're all playing wizardry user. it's derivative so it must be part of the series

This reads like the dislikes section of coldsteel the hedgehog

damn this thread fucking blows, if you're going to falseflag at least try and make it funny or believable

Attached: WeNeedToTalk.jpg (499x616, 52K)

based

Attached: 1541424931004.png (1280x720, 810K)

Attached: Shiki_Ouji.jpg (1344x2544, 448K)

because shin megami tensei has no soul and dungeon crawling is retarded

Based as fuck.

You are but casual scum

>I play Persona 5 for the visual novel elements, i only want to feel good with my virtual friends in a comfortable atmosphere.
I hated you fags back when you called yourselves "Persona 4 fans" in 09'

I really don't understand the mentality of SMT fags. At least Persona tries to look mature, and has characters with realistic struggles as a basis. SMT on the other hand is no different than an edgy Pokemon series, with over the top pretentious philosophy that'll fly past the heads of most people who play the games. People overhype Nocturne as some atmospheric title with good gameplay, but the story is pure shit, and the dungeons aren't even fun. It's just a bunch of teleporting puzzles, on top of the map being ass. This series isn't fun, and you need to grow up. I'd rather be playing fucking Sekiro over this shit, and that's saying something. Call me when the series leaves Tokyo at least.

What's with people not knowing true balance? You can like both really dark atmosphere games and light atmospheric ones. The persona games aren't even really all that light. A true SMT fan can see value in both.

>he doesn’t know about the memes
Also, SMT came out before Pokémon, you stupid fuck.

>He can't detect the copy pasta
How fucking new are you? This just proves your a sensitive SMT fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA

Attached: 1391600696384.jpg (250x250, 33K)

Who was in the wrong here?

nothing wrong with that, also i like making friends like a persona chad

Didn't mean to reply to
I'll finish DDS then. I love it so far but being left in the dark what the fuck is going on is bothering me.

>it's okay when Persona stays in Tokyo for every game though

>hasn't seen rog rants against casuals
>Persona is mature and realistic
>smt is edgy pokemon
>fun as an argument
>doesn't understand the difference between atmosphere and story
>doesn't know the series has had entries not in tokyo
this is almost pasta material

user please don't embarrass yourself by saying stupid shit like this

Attached: Sandman.jpg (180x224, 5K)

Attached: 1542666383464.png (512x512, 105K)

Not him but Tokyo has only made an appearance in Persona 5.

Only thing embarrassing here is the 'men' that are too casual for a JRPG and need virtual friends to comfort them

>
not an rgument

NO I DON'T WANT TO FUSE MY DEMONS.....I....I LOVE THEM ALL

Attached: 1539739328058.jpg (509x625, 31K)

But I can?

you're right. There would need to be something to argue in the first place

Attached: 1535338184654.jpg (400x400, 24K)

You're a literal mongrel, because P5 is the only time Tokyo has been used as a setting in a Persona game. Not only that, but it doesn't even matter since the dungeons and exploration factor are in the Palaces. You need to seriously cope with how pathetic your series is dude. Strange Journey is the only main line game to leave Tokyo, and it was an instant 9/10.

Always have this dilemma in the devil survivor games. I don't want to fuse my strongest demons because then I'll have less demons for my party. But I don't want to fuse weak demons because I get no inheritance bonus. Adding also racial skills and sometimes it's actually better to keep the demons you have for now until you can afford them back in the comp.

I love fucking devil survivor

>not an rgument
I know, you just sound like you're in pain because SMTfags keep bullying you

I love both any SMT spinoff and mainline.
I am starting up Persona Q2 right now.

Devil Survivor was fun as fuck. I also loved how customizable the Skill Crack feature was.

Attached: CFAEBCEF-7AFF-4F41-A103-9744DA50BA1A.jpg (640x905, 188K)

>Persona in Tokyo
>OMG SO EPIC, ATLUS DOES IT AGAIN!
>SMT in Tokyo
>ughh yikes, Atlus needs to stop being so xenophobic and nationalist

I'm kinda sad that they kinda stopped making them. Do we have any idea how much CareerSoft is in Sega/Atlus right now?

>it's not Tokyo, it's my original city, Pokyo

PQ2 is actually pretty fun and a lot more challenging than the first PQ, especially early on (if you don't use the broken DLC persona). It's unfortunate that in the late game certain skills and builds are so much better than the others that there's no reason to use anything else, though.

Attached: aeon rain without shura.png (401x240, 189K)

IIRC, they got absorbed into Atlus or something like that. They probably won’t work on DeSu 3 until after they’ve finished working on SMTV, when there will be plenty of demon models to reuse.

Attached: DD852D16-2E68-4DBA-AF2D-A8AA8EBB79E3.jpg (769x832, 107K)

Both SMTfags and Personafags are obnoxious when it comes to this kind of thing. Just look at the OP which made a thread just to gloat and act high-minded for playing SMT over Persona, completely unprompted. I don't like Personafags and SMTfags, when Persona isn't brought up, are usually fine, but to act like this kind of attitude is less obnoxious because Personafags are annoying too or to act like it's purely just reactionary of SMTfags to act this way when you have posts like the OP which act this way for no reason, is just not true.

no clue, but you could probably look up the important people who worked on the game on twitter and see what they're up to. I know the guy who did the art, yasuda, has been working on some Digimon shit

>What is false flagging
???

I'm just kinda sad because, I know I'm gonna want a party with all three of the main protagonists in it. So that only really leaves two slots for other people.

>doesn't count when SMT does it btw

that's not what I was arguing dumbass lmao
>persona isn't in tokyo
>oh but it is. it just isn't called tokyo
>so it's ok when smt does it huh???
I play persona too yknow. I'm not the retard who made the thread or the person here but he isn't wrong

Just because it paints SMTfags in a bad light doesn't make it falseflagging, this kind of post is done all the time and it's not falseflagging, and I don't believe the OP is an example of that falseflagging. You see plenty of falseflagging from people pretending to be Personafags too, doesn't mean every annoying Personafag is actually just a falseflagger. Both can, and do, exist and both are obnoxious.

They’re even making their own version of Devil Survivor.
youtu.be/kB52ole0BgI

Attached: 386F2E16-BE9C-49F0-B92F-6FE362DE4E39.jpg (1536x1382, 448K)

I love how easy it is for SMTfags to reply to anything that challenges their pea brains rhetoric. Half of the posts in this thread have been me purposely starting discord, and it's only making the opinion of the SMT fandom worse. What do people even seriously like about this fucking series? The demons are no better than average Jarpig designs. The gameplay is piss easy. Alignments make it look like you have freedom of choice, but they don't change shit except for the ending. It's so damn annoying. Play fucking Tales of Vesperia before this garbage.

>Tales of Vesperia
Almost got me there.

>or to act like it's purely just reactionary of SMTfags to act this way
It is. Personafags shit up every SMT thread. They literally have a discord dedicated to doing this

watch neutral route cutscene on youtube and move on

>Jarpig
Back to /vr/ faggot, keeping forcing your unfunny meme there.

oh shit I never made the connection. if that's yasuda's character art in the trailer then he's improved alot. I honestly hated his style in devil survivor

The only reason it has any reputation for difficulty is the meme with Matador despite him not being hard at all. That's not to say it's the easiest series ever, and some games can even be quite difficult, IV:A offers a good challenge throughout, but the reputation the series has for difficulty as a whole is unfounded.

both of them are good but go full retard at alignment lock, don't worry

the undub? I can only find the regular one or .3DS file

The only mainline Persona game not set in the Tokyo metropolitan area is 4, and even then it's set near Mt. Fuji which is right next to Tokyo anyway. 1 and 2 are both based on Kawasaki and Yokohama respectively, while 3 was stated to be near Tokyo by 4.

On the other hand, all this really means is that Persona typically uses a generic "big city" setting, and complaining about that is stupid because there's more to do and see in a big city. It's the default for a reason, with games only being set in rural areas if there's an actual reason for them to be, like 4.

I don’t think he’s doing the artwork for Digimon Survive, though.

My point wasn't that SMT fags are any superior or inferior to Personafags. Just that this thread in particular feels like outright false flagging, and the quality of the thread really shows. I don't see why this is so deep though, honestly. My original post was mostly a joke to begin with. Although, I do believe that they have a tendency to cause more dismay from what I've seen. I never see SMT fags stirring shit up in Persona threads.

IV:A isn't even like Persona beyond the vague similarity that they're both "anime." IV:A is just written the way it is because it's largely a lazily made game, the characters don't feel like they were written the way they were because of Persona but because it's easier to write characters like that.

Oh look, the discord tranny learnt a new meme other than 'cope' and 'ryan'

The only reason IVA gets compared to Persona, is because it's a more character driven title, when SMT games usually barely focus on said aspect.

>instead of mindlessely altering its formula to appeal to casuals. That's why Persona exists
Persona never altered its formula to appeal to casuals. It altered its formula, and that formula does appeal to casuals, but it was not done to appeal to casuals. The only MegaTen game that really feels like it was made to appeal to casuals was DDS.

SMT is literally for children who lack critical thinking. Imagine doing BUFF, ATTACK, HEAL every turn, because that’s all SMT is. Not even shitposting when I say kingdom hearts 2 final mix is a better test of skill. 99% of you children can’t complete level 1 critical mode in kh2.

Attached: E51A0454-0BD8-42C2-B5AC-4C4724FA5C0A.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Rog, whatever else he had to say, Louisa Ferre is absolutely not the best girl in the entire series.

this, and because you choose a goddess in the end

I never said Persona altered its formula to appease to casuals, but in a way it kind of did. Prior to Persona 3, the series was doing rather averagely. It wasn't until the inclusion of elements like the Calendar, or Social Links really started to make it more popular. Back to what I was saying though, SMT doesn't need to change. It took awhile, but it's finally starting to gain more traction without having to mutate itself to a heavy degree. If people want something more lighthearted or different, Persona is right around the corner. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I'm afraid of the series changing too much, who knows. I've seen too many series that tried to "mutate", only to sacrifice what made them what they are.

>a group of teenagers with special powers gather around a teenager with an even more special power
>regardless of what they've done in life, they're still nowhere near as strong as this teenager they gather around
>however, they still have a mission to accomplish, and in the process of doing so come closer to each other and resolve some of their issues
>as each friend's issue is resolved, they gain a newfound determination which awakens a previous dormant power within their special powers, greatly strengthening them

You're right, I don't see the comparison at all.

Attached: persona apoc.png (399x240, 78K)

TWEWY> KH2FM

Attached: 1558811259083.png (761x838, 645K)

Most people would agree that KH2FM has some of the best gameplay, but that's not really a fair comparison since it's not only an ARPG, but plays completely different.

SMTbabies on suicide watch

PRAISE ME!

Attached: italian YHVH.png (497x417, 238K)

Based

They do shit up SMT threads, which is why I said they're annoying, but this SMT vs. Persona nonsense didn't begin with the Ryan shit, it's been going on for years and it's never been the innocent SMTfags keeping to themselves while Personafags mercilessly bully them, both sides have been always engaged in the shitflinging and dragged the threads to shit, the Ryanposting is just the same shit that's been going on for ages in a different form. I'm not suggesting SMTfags don't start on shitting on Persona because of those kinds of posts, but it's not the only thing that leads to them acting that way, much like how Personafags don't need to be prompted into shitting on SMT.

That's wrong, though. DDS is incredibly similar to Nocturne, and can be just as annoying for a beginner to the series. What meme is this

>kingdom babyshit is less babyshit than smt
kek
why are you even in this thread amigo

>he doesn't do side quests now matter how mind numbing they are

Attached: 1546486417311.png (680x680, 378K)

I agree this thread has a lot of falseflagging in it, I just don't know that the OP itself is falseflagging.

They're both garbage.

>a group of teenagers with special powers gather around a teenager with an even more special power
None of them have special powers but Nanashi and that's because of Dagda

Not him, but this meta posting isn't necessary. All you're doing is essentially saying
>"B-But SMTfags and Personafags are annoying retards!"
As if we didn't know this already. There's pretentious SMTfags, and there's booger gobbling Persoyboys who are equally as cancerous. You didn't need to go on a rant to state the obvious, unless you plan on fixing it or something. It's only going to get worse as time goes on as well, so the only thing I can say is ignore it. I find it funnier how you aren't commenting on the Ryan shit and people purposely trying to spread discord, as if that's not immensely worse.

vanilla P3 is harder

Not that any MegaTen game newer than it is hard.

Persona is older than most people on this shitty board.

Attached: Innocent_Sin_characters.png (1190x672, 1.11M)

obligatory "so based and redpilled for hating vidya" reply

Attached: 1556692545200.png (720x480, 617K)

Don't mind me, just posting the best Persona cast.

Attached: 1424651088037.png (461x348, 244K)

>gay pimp

Attached: 1535742897861.jpg (340x340, 22K)

Holy cope batman. Are you seething trannies still crying? Get the fuck out of here Ryan.

Persona 3 was the first game that released worldwide and it was on the PS2- the most successful console ever.

Anyway I prefer Persona because its ultimately very weeb. SMT on Nintendo attracts too many normal people.

Attached: persona_3___fuuka_yamagishi__colored_pencils__by_kurohei-d868s7o.jpg (1024x1162, 132K)

Sometimes when people ask me what SMT to start playing when they only played Persona 5. I have a hard time figuring out if it's falseflagging or bait.

>the series was doing rather averagely. It wasn't until the inclusion of elements like the Calendar, or Social Links really started to make it more popular
Those things were part of a change in formula as I mentioned, but they weren't done to make the series more popular. It wasn't like P2 reviews asked for any of those things or like there was some widespread demand for it, they made P3 that way just because that was the kind of game the team wanted to make and they were given the freedom to do so, it isn't like there were a bunch of games with S. Links and Calendar systems and so on going around. I'm not saying SMT should change, though I'd like for SMTV to be more than just the best qualities of all SMT games wrapped into one package as I know some people do, I'm just saying I don't think P3 was made the way it is in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience.

It's like Nocturne in many ways, but it also has a pretty standard JRPG structure that feels a lot like something like Final Fantasy, while also not having things like fusion and negotiation to stick with a more run-of-the-mill progression system as JRPGs go. It doesn't have many really unique things in its structure or gameplay that might turn people away like other MegaTen games potentially could, so it ends up feeling like a Final Fantasy-type JRPG with an SMT coat of paint. I don't mean that as a knock against DDS, regardless of my onw opinion of it, I think it executes being a FF-type game while not feeling too distant from SMT quite well, however it does feel like an attempt to bring new people into the series, by making something that has the superficial qualities of SMT so people will still associate it with SMT while also being structured more similarly to the kind of game they're likely familiar with and have probably played before.

Rent-free.

Huh? Nozomi and Hallelujah are both definitely special, Navarre is a damn ghost, Gaston has the magic spear.

Who the flying fuck is Ryan and why do I keep seeing this namedrop in SMT threads. This isn't /vg/ fuck off you niggers.

It may not be necessary, but I was saying it in response to someone else who began the discussion, and someone who suggested that SMTfags only act that way because they've been wronged by Personafags. It's not like it's the first time I've seen people acting like SMTfags are justified when they act that way and it's only obnoxious when Personafags do it either. I also did comment on the Ryanshit, so I don't know what you're talking about.

IV:A is significantly harder than P3, as is SJ. P3 isn't even that hard, it's marginally harder than P4 and P5, not much worse than that.

nobody cares about innocent sin. persona became cancer from 3 and beyond

Why would that be bait or falseflagging? What's so strange about someone playing one MegaTen game and asking what's a good one to play after that if they want to try something that's not Persona?

now he gets a cloak

Attached: 1556607944736.jpg (400x621, 106K)

>calling people babies
>post DB shit
You are that luffy posting faggot right? Go back to Yea Forums homo.

SMT fags just feel persecuted for some reason.

>SMT on Nintendo attracts too many normal people
That must be why the series is so niche then, instead of popular like Persona. What were you saying, again?

He would totally say that too.

>Persona 3 was the first game that released worldwide
Retard

Attached: 51GYSIjaXAL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 39K)

what a cool strawman you got there

Making Flynn your cockslave is so hot. Best end

Attached: 44DC9EC5-4E35-48BA-BC15-510FCC101940.jpg (400x240, 24K)

nobody has played persona 1 & 2 though

Attached: 1559439216246.jpg (750x732, 64K)

I'm pretty sure one of your previous comments said SMT as a series should mutate, or else it'll reach limited audiences, but oh well.

P1 chads shouldn't be grouped with a P2 storyfags

Attached: 1359616290366_zpersona.jpg (800x789, 579K)

I'm just false flagging user
Cope harder though Ryan
Fuck you and SMT actually
Play KH instead

One of the posts in that chain of replies might have said something like that, but this is the first post I replied to you with, so I didn't say anything about that. I was just disagreeing that Persona changed its formula to appeal to a wider audience.

LET ME IMPREG MY DEMON WIFUS NOT WITH SOME HALF ASSED HUMANS

Attached: 1510350951770.jpg (555x547, 21K)

P1 sold better than 3

The game had all the themes of Persona.
Power of Friendship
Creating Bonds
Friends becoming stronger because of you
Alignment doesn't change the ending

Game was ass, SMTIV was better.

This stopped being true after P3P, even when you include P1P's sales.

>spam reflect
wow critical mode is so hard!

It's only harder because you can't control your party so they'll make the occasional dumb move that wipes your party.

It’s crazy how persona 1 and 2 are better at being SMT games than actual SMT games.

Attached: C71ADA2C-8E80-4320-9A6B-EE1AC54AC47D.png (1366x717, 1.86M)

Lifting a 7lb weight is significantly harder than a 1lb weight too but both are fairly trivial.

Fuck persona for introducing trannies, normies and redditors to the series.

Attached: 62050764.png (858x725, 361K)

Because they can't stand generic stories and boring characters probably.

>Do a few sidequests now and then throughout the game
>Hit the neutral ending without getting any kind of shitty grind
>Utter confusion
It's almost like Yea Forums doesn't actually soak in the game they're playing

Alright then, combined sales of P2 IS/EP as well the PSP remakes is higher than P3

But enough about Persona

>Playing Smt1
> While is a bad idea i name the girl after my ex gf because what's the worst it could happend?
>They girl in the game is a cunt and seems like has two boyfriends
For fuck sake

Attached: 1559142149776.jpg (409x408, 118K)

had you not broken up when you named the girl?

Attached: 1529935289165.jpg (1166x1920, 731K)

>high school drama
>adults bad, teens good
>muh waifus
>not generic

Attached: 1556386561893.jpg (338x305, 78K)

>because shin megami tensei has no soul

Attached: 1551875690398.jpg (1500x1363, 239K)

I wouldn't mind sidequests if it didn't meant having to run all over Tokyo

The amount of false flagging and bait in these threads is out of control

>Power of Friendship
>Creating Bonds
>Friends becoming stronger because of you
Those aren't unique to Persona, you see them in a lot of anime and a lot of JRPGs, and IV:A's emphasis on them feels about standard for a JRPG where Persona has a stronger focus on them because their interwoven with the mechanics. IV:A also gives you the option to reject your friends, which isn't the kind of thing you'd see in Persona at all, even in the closest thing to that I can think of in P3-5, which would be 4G's Adachi ending, the whole thing is just Yu regretting his decision and feeling bad about it unlike Nanashi who embraces betraying his friends because that's more tonally appropriate for the game it's in. Something like that wouldn't work as well in Persona because it's treatment of friendship is different from IV:A, where even if you're stuck with your party you can always act like they're beneath you and take advantage of them at the risk of their safety and things like that. I would say they have pretty different approaches to dealing with friendship even if they both deal with it in some capacity, and I'd say neither of the ways you can approach it in IV:A feel like Persona specifically, but rather just have a general JRPG/shounen feel to it.

>Alignment doesn't change the ending
That's not a Persona thing specifically, it's just different from SMT.

cope

Law vs Chaos is such an engaging and engrossing idea that's never been done.

That’s not every persona game though.

Where the fuck can I get a working DLC CIA for SMT4?

She broke up with me like 5 months ago
And i start playing smt1 yesterday
I can't get over her yet

>gets cucked by Chad
>mother gets eaten
>home gets THOR'D
SMT1 hero had a hard life

Attached: Law.jpg (896x1292, 160K)

google.com

>posts the same way
>same image
>strawman
You are a retard. How about you change your shit up next time DB fag?

Literally 3DSCIA

Just like high schoolers killing god with the power of friendship

You must have mistyped.
>Megaten fans are the most obnoxious fanbase
ftfy

keep on copeing

Persona is unironically redditshit. They loved that mediocre game and introduced a shitton of secondaries and normies to the series

Attached: 1358031418562.jpg (700x700, 299K)

Yoo false flag kun
Cope

Had enough of your shit, Ryan

Imagine not being truly enlightened and enjoying all megaten

Shhhh, let the retards argue.

Are you a brainlet? We're discussing what makes SMT unique, not cookie cutter storylines from JRPGS that Persona uses.

>naming people after your ex
You fucking retard

Doesn't work for me.

I guarantee most of you fags got into SMT after persona 4 came out. You should be THANKING the series you dumb fuck.

>playing Nocturne for the first time
>mfw everyone's Reasons
these are all shit
what are my options for telling everyone to go fuck themselves?

Attached: 1558366336423.png (224x205, 55K)

Become Lucifer's top Fiend or just go for the regular Demon ending, which is basically a bad end.

1. agree with many people (this is the shit one)
2. become true demon
3. freedom ending. basically tell everyone to fuck off and don't go into the last area of the amala dungeon

If everyone in Musubi is in their own personal world couldn't you in theory create a world of your own reason within Musubi?

True demon or freedom

Demifiend ain't allowed to make a reason tho

>We're discussing what makes SMT unique
No we weren't, all I said is that I don't think IV:A takes from Persona. If all you're trying to say is that IV:A diverges greatly from the average SMT, then of course it does and I agree completely, but I wasn't arguing about how true to SMT IV:A is, I was just saying I don't think the developers were trying to make it like Persona specifically.

Yosuga crew does what these fuck boys couldn't do.

Attached: image.gif (500x347, 1.93M)

Yeah but in Musubi whats stopping him? The creation has already occurred. He is already within Musubi and can essentially have his own world in Musubi which would essentially be the same as him presenting his own reason to kagutsuchi

I think that's getting into unexplained mechanics. Does Musubi extend to demonic souls too? Demifiend is a corrupt inbetween too.

Reason of Musubi is literally the best reason.

Freedom is his reason

press turn > demon co-op

thanks. I can do the 5th Kalpa up to Metatron without locking the end right? I'd like yo at least get one normal ending on the merit if my own bullshit then do TDE
Musubi is probably the least shit one for this reason.
Yosuga is the worst of law and chaos with none of the benefits of either
>but m-muh waifu
kill yourself. The only thing they have going for them is a cool god.

Pretty sure the TDE lock is killing Metatron and then speaking to Lucifer. You can kill Metatron and leave.

Based

is tokyo mirage sessions good?

Should've been an extra cutscene if you get your super pixie and then do the freedom ending.

>"You mean to tell me you went through all this just so you could marry a demon in real life?"
>"I want my pixie waifu, fuck you."

I only Chiakipost for the hell of it. Why so mad, user? Kagatsuchi got your tongue?
>Worst aspects of Law and Chaos
In terms of Chaos, it could be viewed as bad because only the strong survive, while the weak individuals are killed off entirely. From a Law point of view, things are done in an orderly fashion and there's no brain washing involved since the people shaping society are the strong and capable. It's a mix of both worlds, really.

Attached: image.gif (400x326, 545K)

Is this supposed to be a controversial statement?

but here's the real debate, demon co-op or one more

Why are you listening to these faggots? Drop Nocturne and play DDS instead. It does the Press Turn formula better, has a more unique story and fresh characters, and the setting and dungeons are actually good. Stop listening to Yea Forums and make your own decisions, faggot.

Thanks. I'll kill the bastard then make a second save, start the tower and get my ending then load up the second save and go hang with Lucifer
Don't reply to me, scum

Attached: 1326141842281.png (884x1000, 369K)

>Stop listening to anons on Yea Forums
>Now do what I, an user on Yea Forums, am telling you

Attached: 1528769092054.jpg (1000x500, 157K)

I'm like them I'm very intelligent.

I'm at the ass end of the game, why would I drop it now
>stop listening to Yea Forums and make your own decisions
I simply asked if the option existed, not whether I should follow it.
also
>don't listen to Yea Forums, but listen to me, an user on Yea Forums
sure thing pal

Attached: 61542445_2727743653965773_488864138387259392_n.jpg (960x523, 56K)

>Doing the TDE
This is how I know you're a faggot. The TDE is for borderline mouth breathing Chaosfags who want to be Lucifer's bitch boy. Shijima is objectively the best route in Nocturne, as he was the one who sparked the Conception.

I have been trying to remember the name of this paradox for years now but I just cant, something greek related

Attached: 1533113292556.png (1150x950, 583K)

the reason why I'm doing it second and not first is because I'm not really interested in the idea behind the ending and really just only want to punch Lucifer in the face

Attached: 02E65406E5BF442D8CB904F57F4213D6.jpg (835x517, 46K)

CHIAKI best girl

It's called hypocrisy

Quality shitpost

Meant for

This is unironically why 95% of people do TDE, Nocturne is so story-lite that people just do it to clear the labyrinth and get another final boss after disco yhvh, who was disappointing as fuck.

No it has a very specific name and a specific scenario to go along with it. Kinda like the Ship of Theseus

It's remarkably more character driven than the typical mainline title and is all about power of friendship.

Cope, Ryan. This is your final warning. Take your seething ass out of my thread. I told you mainline SMT games are shit but you don't want to fucking listen.

You mean Hikawa
You absolute retard
Also
>siding with the person that made you go thru hell
Nigger

>Siding with Lucifer who turned you into a demon And proceeds to make you his sissy in the TDE
Cope, Ryan

>Siding with the being who gave you the chance for survival over the man who would have murdered you before the Conception even began
Sounds like repaying debts, when all is said and done.

Attached: 1559387220486.png (500x374, 138K)

>They girl in the game is a cunt and seems like has two boyfriends
What the fuck are you talking about? The Heroine and your next door neighbor are two separate characters who share the same name. The heroine is a resistance leader who was wanted for crimes against Gotou. As a means of finding her the government rounded up every girl with her name, one of which happened to be the hero's neighbor and the law hero's girlfriend. neither of them act like cunts at all, what the actual fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 20895705_p0.jpg (1200x1600, 576K)

SMT threads have gone to shit. You're all fucked and whoever this Ryan guy completely fucked Yea Forums threads. /smtg/ was actually okay until this shit happens and the pretentious fags gone through. Fuck you guys. You ruined my only place to discuss this game.

t. lawfag

Ignore the discord tranny, he gets bullied in school, it's not his fault

>siding with everyone instead of telling everyone to screw off and forcing Kagutsuchi to remake the world the way you want it even though that's supposed to be impossible

I just picked up SMT Nocturne at Gamestop, am planning on playing it on my fat PS3. Is there anything I should know before going in as a series first timer. I also played the first hour of Persona 5 and was bored out of my mind, so is SMT a better fit for me?

Attached: JPEG_20190602_080155.png (163x175, 44K)

That was the plan, actually. This is just a false flagging thread though, and has been since the first post. I concocted it out of boredom, but I will be back in the next thread.

Your fault for wanting to discuss the games every day. The catalog has three SMT threads at all times now.

Nocturne will kick the shit out of you until you learn how all of its mechanics work, because once you do learn how all of its mechanics work you can kick the shit out of the game. This is pretty much universal for every SMT.

Not at all retard. I started with nocturne

SMTV will basically just be Nocturne. Guaranteed there will be companions like IVA, though.

My older brother saw I was interested in SMT and gave me DemiKids Dark.
I think it was an attempt to kill my interest in any game in the series. It worked.

>freedom ending
>first day back at school
>new student arrives
>'hey, I'm Hikaru, nice to meet you all!'

uh oh

Attached: 69c4246dea890ecf173413e4da0c513a2d277062.png (500x642, 236K)

Who said I sided with Lucifer fag?
>Ryan
Stop calling for your gay fuck buddy you faggot

Yeah whatever Ryan

Maybe instead of companions it'll just be a single companion being the girl, and over the course of the game you can customise and grant her new skills from buying things akin to persona skill cards and boss drops

user, I can't suggest this enough:

PLAY IT BLIND

Seriously, playing Nocturne blind was an amazing experience for me. There is one optional part where a walkthrough is basically necessary but as I said, the part is entirely optional. Play it blind and then look up to see what kind of shit you missed. Playing it with a walkthrough ruins so many of the memorable moments.
Give the series another go user, demikids is bad and the series is so much better then that.
>Guaranteed there will be companions like IVA, though
Based on what? The trailer showed a hero and heroine and no one else, sounds like you're talking out of your ass.

Attached: 56807312_p0.jpg (800x800, 115K)

Depends on what bored you about P5

The poster below me is a Persoyboy and can't be trusted

Persona 5 is the greatest game ever made.

There's no basis for this outside of Tokyo looking like a desert wasteland again. You have no idea how the world, or story will unfold.

all you really need to know is: DON'T be indecisive. it will lead you to the absolute worst ending

>Give the series another go user, demikids is bad and the series is so much better then that.
I know that intellectually but the impulse is to cringe when I think about it and wind up trying something else.
Not sure which game to try first either. Thought about starting with the absolute first game but the NES game looks... not all that enjoyable.

So, how about Nocturne, DDS, or IV?

there's also the red stuff from the demons thats probably magatsuhi, its clear that in some form SMT V is a homage to nocturne but yeah you're right in terms of how the game itself will be

I did. It's boring.
> finish a boring dungeon with battle after battle in it
Oh boy, I can't wait to see what happens ne--
> next shit dungeon
Rinse and repeat.
No, thanks.

good chuckle user

Attached: 1557359811015.png (1000x1000, 620K)

The older games are quite obtuse and mechanically outdated. I enjoy them as a fan but for newcomers I wouldn't suggest them.

For getting into the series you have a couple options. Nocturne is still the best "overall" experience in the series for new players I feel. SMTIV is a bit more typical in terms of its characters and writing but still enjoyable and a great entry point. The Digital Devil Saga games are also a great entry point, they're a spinoff series with mechanics more like a typical jrpg.

Attached: 1334480_p0.jpg (600x613, 222K)

Battling and exploring dungeons is what you do in games you retard. Why not just watch a movie or something?

they specifically said they are trying to take lots of inspiration from all of the games. the opening scene where the demons rip up the protagonist is clearly inspired by apo, the visuals are inspired by nocturne. I hope they will use SMT1/2/if... style stat building and party system rather than the buddy shit in iv and iv:a. it didn't suck but it was nothing great.

>RPG has dungeons and battles in it
Huh, wow. You learn something new every day.
I wouldn't be surprised if SMT V had elements of Nocturne in it, honestly. Kind of like how the IV Duology was a homage to SMT I/II.

you realize you can apply the same logic to persona except it looks even more boring
>finish a day of school. answered some question in class or whatever
>go home and study
>try desperately to avoid the dungeon because doing combat in an rpg terrifies me
truly the most thrilling of games
and yes this is hyperbole. I do like persona I'm just making a point that your argument sucks

Yamai is heading SMTV, it's definitely going to be a Nocturne circlejerk. It's annoying, I realistically can't see it living up to Nocturne, but after IV:A and Dx2 maybe Atlus just repeating Nocturne again is better then something new. At this point I sadly think Atlus repeating ideas is better then their original ideas.

Which on-
Ah.

So PS2, 3DS, PS2? I'll look into an emulator and see if I can find a cheap copy of SMT4.

Nocturne if you want a post-apocalyptic demon recruiting romp through shithole Tokyo while everyone scrambles to be top dog.
DDS if you want rainy junkyard Buddhism, cannibalism and a party based JRPG. Beware it's split into two games.
Raidou if you want an investigative almost-hack and slash in an alternate universe.
Devil Survivor if you want a tactics-lite about escaping a locked-down Tokyo.
Strange Journey if you want dumb marines in antarctica shooting demons and trustworthy angels

You really do have many options.

>Ryan
Rent free Brian

speak for yourself 4 fag

Persona should not be classified as a game. It's much more of a visual novel with some dungeon exploring. It is possible for a VN to have gameplay, but Persona is much more of a VN than a game.

>>SMT II which I haven't played
>>SMT I which I haven't played
ftfy

Nocturne and DDS are a bit finicky to run in an emulator but there are guides on what settings they require. I have never used citra myself but from what I've seen people have run SMTIV with little to no problems. It might run better in certain builds, I imagine someone has recorded which build runs it best.

Attached: 18928666_p0.jpg (1500x1500, 1.43M)

>Nocturne if you want a post-apocalyptic demon recruiting romp through shithole Tokyo while everyone scrambles to be top dog.
So everyone is an asshole and murdering each other in a violent bid for survival.
>DDS if you want rainy junkyard Buddhism, cannibalism and a party based JRPG. Beware it's split into two games.
Isn't that the one where Order and Chaos are both evil and a cult destroyed Japan the previous game and you have to survive the next level of a dying hell-reality?
>Raidou if you want an investigative almost-hack and slash in an alternate universe.
That actually sounds like fun. But "investigative" implies that I'll solve the mystery long before the characters and scream at them for when the game doesn't let me solve it or respond to the killer/cult/whatever as it shows up and acts obviously evil.
>Devil Survivor if you want a tactics-lite about escaping a locked-down Tokyo.
Standard Japanese game/anime.
>Strange Journey if you want dumb marines in antarctica shooting demons and trustworthy angels
I hate dumb marines. I hate the cold. I'll suspect the angels anyway (plus it suggests that they're not trustworthy in the other games).

The series isn't for you. Leave.

?

Rollin'

Can you not stop shitposting? Is your life so fucking empty and pathetic?

Attached: 1540829073034.png (600x600, 393K)

Attached: 9EE41928-E9F7-47B7-8472-752CAB2027FE.jpg (320x463, 26K)

Asking someone is futile. His life is that empty.

i don't want to come off sounding condescending, but how did you struggle on metatron? The electrifying floor was bad but not insufferable. Drain is so horrifyingly overpowered at high MAG it's ridiculous and combos well with mediarahan. Only other game i've seen do drain kinda well is DSJ lately where Alice has been succ'ing bosses dry to almost fully fill her MP pool for more deeps and deffs

Attached: 154213008935fawdwad9.jpg (640x656, 171K)

I play both, fucking novel idea right?

why can't mainline-only fags discuss their games without obsessing over persona?

>ugh.. looks like Luster candy's wanting to become Mana aid. This is pretty badass!

Attached: 7edb54e43c76be4643254b26490e88680b7f8bde.png (500x491, 13K)

>mfw Noah
Shoulda brought the magic buffs
fuuuuuuuuuuck

Attached: DvGAonSVsAAruAL.jpg (1200x1200, 286K)

Dilate.

>he starts doing an attack that heals him
oh god oh fuck

Attached: 1555028550535.gif (320x320, 2.11M)

SMT is played by people who unironically play videogames for the gameplay and not the story/waifus.

I prefer waifufags every time.

Attached: persona_5___hifumi_togo_by_blazpu-dac04v7.jpg (1024x1604, 272K)

>I prefer waifufags every time
For what reason?

>SMT is played by people who unironically play videogames for the gameplay
And that’s a bad thing because...?

Because I can't stand the SMT series, nor it's pretentious fans who can't cope with defeat.

I haven't finish the game user, i'm still on the ID first segment, i am talking about the girl next door

Cope, Ryan.

I know you’re falseflagging and shit but you still sound sad as hell, man.

Rent-free.

You wouldn't have replied to me if YOU weren't sad as all hell. I doubt you even know what false flagging means you rampant summerfag. Yea Forums has always been a Persona board, and will continue to be. Before P5 came out, and was shitposted to death, people loved P3 & P4. SMT on the other hand, has never been notable outside of Nocturne. I really can't stand how overly pretentious most SMTfags are. Acting like their games are objectively superior or something, when they focus on different topics. I hope this thread is what every SMT thread looks like from now on for all I care. You're all so horribly obsessed with Persona, that you go out of your way to make threads like this. Get over yourself.

Kay.

Attached: 8BA8D5D9-2EB5-473B-9B82-E1A3C8B670D8.gif (250x188, 445K)

>464747245
absolutely seething kek

Cope, Ryan

>hurr falseflag

So you unironically think this way? That’s even more sad, man.

This is what all future SMT threads are going to look like, user. I've already killed /smtg/ for the most part, so now I'm here to finish the job. Me and a couple other people make threads like these purposely to divide the fandom. It's working pretty well though, so that's good. You don't even have to worry about these edgy man children. They'll get what's coming to them.

Cringe.

Imagine lettimg video games affect you this much.

dilate

yikes

You brought this on yourselves, really. All you had to do was stop mentioning, or bashing Persona with an inferiority complex. That's literally it. I don't even have to mention the name "Ryan" to completely fuck your threads. I know SMT fags will reply to literally any and everything that they dislike, so it works better for me. I'm truthfully doing you a favor. These threads weren't going to be comfy after SMTV released, anyway. I'm just giving you a taste of what's to come. Unironically, cope.

>just you wait, me and my discord clan will have our revenge. None who insult Persona and cross our path will be allowed to live.
That includes you too Ryan fuck you you're not my real dad stop telling me to find a job

Attached: 847169841228430465.jpg (367x500, 26K)

I think you need to go outside, dude, if you’re letting video games affect you this much.

>You brought this on yourselves, really. All you had to do was stop mentioning, or bashing Persona with an inferiority complex.
>I'm truthfully doing you a favor

Attached: ee8.jpg (640x960, 100K)

Can someone go to /vg/ and show these damn faggots what they did? Fuck /smtg/ man.

Cause SMT4 is boring af

is Noah actually based off of anything or is it just a thing, it's described as a nameless god forgotten by mankind

Attached: Noah-1.jpg (2068x1828, 444K)

Fuck off and die.

have sex

Underrated post.

I wish Persona would just fuck off and die already.

I just want to give you a blowjob on the balcony of our apartment and watch as the hetero passerbys look in disgust and secret envy at our passionate, engaging lovemaking; something they've lost. Something that they'll never have. Something they want to selfishly take from us but we won't let them.

gay

Ask your discord pals

this post is right. All of these are boring except for Raidou.

Because talking about waifus never gets old.
I don't play vidya to achieve something. Vidya is interactive entertainment. And waifus are entertaining.

Attached: tumblr_o3hpn3tPmd1rk3uq2o2_500.jpg (500x330, 36K)

That post doesn't call any of them boring though

Cringe.

>Because talking about waifus never gets old.
/vg/ waifu generals disagree

>SMT is played by people who unironically play videogames for the gameplay and not the story/waifus.
the stories are great too though, what are you smoking

Noah is a abstract concept. Noah represents a god so ancient and primitive, modern humans have forgotten it. While this idea seems weird gods like this really do exist. I'm struggling to find the image on gpogle again but I remember seeing ancient cave paintings of what appeared to humans worshipping a god figure. These cave paintings were so ancient that no form of writing, or even language, was thought to exist at this time. The paintings of these gods are tbe only evidence of their existence.

Technically speaking Noah does not represent an actual god but the concept he represents is indeed real. Hope that makes sense.

Attached: 0xBTAov.jpg (1392x2188, 821K)

I made this image 7 years ago and it still holds up against casuals to this day.

Here, not the best example but still. This is a illustration of a god worshiped in the Paleolithic age. Beside this illustration we will never know what this was or who worshiped it. Noah is one of these gods.

Attached: Gabillou_Sorcier.png (640x640, 177K)

Hmm, yes, this older game from before I was born is outdated. Outdated, I say. The artificial difficulty is truly outshone by elemental paper rock scissors, which totally isn't braindead in a completely separate fashion. Truly the perfect combat system for the modern age.

Attached: Like the economy of that filthy shit hole country America.png (301x437, 265K)

Attached: straw2.jpg (431x603, 76K)

dumb europoor

?

Unironically, take this (You)

You stupid nigger, if you actually follow the main quest your weapons won't break

Was this supposed to help your case or did you just type your post wrong

Attached: forRealFam.jpg (480x480, 22K)

>black Mark
based

Attached: Persona.png (320x237, 39K)

Sure user

>OST that is easily forgotten
Every fucking time.

Attached: soulhack_003_thumb.jpg (404x244, 34K)

All of the fiends especially Daisoujou

Attached: 1559532910233.jpg (490x367, 35K)

Holy fuck. Playing DDS1 and that fucking encounter rate

Every SMT game has made a profit even SJs remaster/sorta remake you fucking idiot. They hardly market the games because they know the audience for it will buy it so the price to make and market the game is far lower then Persona.

Why does every retard like you think Sales have anything to do with anything and not consider marketing? SMT4 sold like half a million and percentage wise probably made atleast half of what P5 made in profit. Which is good since they didn't market SMT4 for shit.

A game that is too easy outside of the first 2-3 bosses and one status spam one later and I guess some of the DLC bosses. Then a game after it I assume you will play that has better combat/bosses by miles but has worse story/atmosphere to the same degree.

Also spoiler but not really once the law/chaos alignments appear don't over think your choice/sides too much its not canon past that point for the sequel part.

Attached: Mothman.png (1130x1613, 2.29M)

>SMT4
>Brought back that awful Fiend encounter shit
>Spend like 2 hours trying to get Matador to appear.
>Find out even if I did since I have so many immunities he will probably just spam Anti and Mega almighty spells all day at me.

I know it was for nostalgia of 1/2 or w.e but its just so awful. A lot of people like to shit on old game design but forcing me to reload/exit reenter a area for a chance encounter that is less then 1/100 infact more then double that is just autistic. Its one thing to hunt for a drop of that quality in a game but a boss being that drop is just gay.

You prefer that or disgusting Tartarus floors for the fiends?

True demon or drop dead

Attached: 1559531167829.jpg (480x643, 41K)