I wanna play Tortanic and you are going to tell me why I shouldn't

I wanna play Tortanic and you are going to tell me why I shouldn't

Attached: epic-thuumbnail.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6TzySfGVOs
youtube.com/watch?v=YJ__ri7eWdU
youtube.com/watch?v=nfjWANrhl5g
youtube.com/watch?v=xT3wXaobzMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a pretty boring single-player MMO user.
Sith Inquisitor has an engaging plot but most of the time you'll be wishing you were playing a single-player game instead of this shit

You should play it. Its perfectly serviceable as a single player game. You'll probably enjoy all the individual plotlines of the various jobs/classes. That being said, don't expect a real MMO. The fact it went free to play should tell you the quality of the MM aspect.

You should. Class storylines are good, especially on the Empire side.

This game has probably the worst F2P model ive ever seen

>KOTOR 3 died for this

>Sith Inquisitor
this class has worst plot on the Empire side.

it's really hard to get above 30fps in pvp no matter your build

Terrible F2P model, if you're going to play it buy a month of game time.

Best single player stories are Sith Warrior, Sith Agent, and Republic Commando. Jedi Knight is alright, but only if you play it Light Side, the DS is a hot mess.

Attached: 1550357056298.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

Vitiate is the most based character in all of Star Wars

There's startlingly few alien girls you can marry.

unironically more kino than the nu Star Wars moobies

It's okay, but the ERP isn't too bad. There's a ton of really slutty clothing.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-15_21_31_51_063774.jpg (621x887, 141K)

>play bounty hunter
>always take the option where I fuck people over

It's just so fucking funny and i'm kind of tempted to play it again. You can kill story people for no reason and then your character has this smug ass grin on his face.

Male body types are retarded.
>twig
>twink
>hulk

how long will this stay alive

>bounty hunter
I did play bounty hunter, was my only class. Stopped around level 40 I believe cause I couldn't stop being pissed that I can't use a blaster rifle.

Sith Inquisitor story was shit. You're nothing but a useless sack of shit who is just a whipping boy for the poorly written NPC's. The Warrior story is far superior, you actually come out of it feeling powerful.

You shouldn't play it without subbing as they kneecap F2P fags and you shouldn't give EA your money under any circumstances, therefore you shouldn't play it
that being said if you make my mistake and do play the game, only play on imp characters as they have the far better stories and voice acting(at least for the males)
Go Warrior for Darth Vader sim
Inquisitor for Sith politics and artifact shenanigans
Bounty Hunter for actually funny moments and the best mando sim that I know of
And Imperial Agent for the best story in the entire game

I literally can't. It's the best MMO I've ever played wanna know why? Because it's literally like a single player Bioware game because of how it is designed. Everything is voiced, you have dialogue choices which flesh out your character's moral compass.

PLEASE tho keep in mind, that they REALLY punish you if you're just a free 2 play player. Full Disclosure, I cannot sweet talk this fact. If you don't pay up 15€ for a month, you're not gonna have a good time because they take so many quality of life things from F2Ps. You can't even run if you're a free player..
If you have a friend to play with it's even better, you can do every mission in a party and even the dialogue system works with multiple people. It's really great.
I recommend Sith Inquisitor or Swith Warrior, they are fun stories with fun side characters.
Another one I liked very much was actually Smuggler, he don't give a shit and just wants credits. People also recommend Imperial Agent a lot, I liked it, as well.
Jedi Knight is basically Knights of the old Republic 3 and also worth a playthrough.

Attached: snug.jpg (700x472, 27K)

jk story was actually supposed to be kotor 3

It's weird that every little sidequest in TOR has at least 2 outcomes while they didn't manage this in their actual singleplayer MMOs like DA Inquisition or Andromeda

It's a good game user.

Attached: 1993698 - Lana_Beniko Star_Wars The_Old_Republic ynorka.jpg (1024x576, 92K)

>Beniko
>Kenobi
Mind.........blown..

Nah

Attached: 1510267855252.jpg (758x1000, 718K)

I remember annoying low level people in tatooine and baiting them into attacking me to kill them. Fun times.

There are body sliders, but what are you doing if you are not playing a BBM?

Attached: consular_chap2_01.jpg (544x399, 270K)

If you're a SW fan you'll like it if you aren't you won't

Attached: 1559057078414.jpg (640x590, 53K)

>Finished every story
>""Legendary player""
>max reputation at some meme event factions
>Decided to take a break even though I just subbed for another month just before, whatever
>Come back eventually
>Account permabanned because the last payment went wrong and I didn't realize it, to them it looked like I was faking a payment to play for free and I never appealed it because I didn't fucking know
>Support was useless
Fuck me
I considered starting over many times but so far just couldn't be assed.

It's either an MMO that tries to be a single-player game or a single-player game that tries to be an MMO. Either way, it doesn't work.

It works perfectly for schizoids who like to be near a community they never have to interact with

Try again with support, I had the same issue once, where they fucked up with German bank laws or something and weren't able to withdraw money from my bank account. I also just noticed years later when I wanted to return, I called customer service and explained the problem to them. The agent told me that every account is allowed to "have this issue" once and should it happen again, they would disable my account for reals. Every since I'm only using prepaid cards I bought off of g2a.com to make sure, no way they'll get my paypal or bank info and claim there was an error again if in fact it's they who fucked up

>Not using game time cards
Deserved it

>Come back years later
>All my character names have been stolen

Attached: 1499311515294.jpg (495x362, 19K)

The sad truth is that the leveling Storylines are better than anything Bioware has put out recently, but that's not particularly high praise.

Chiss Agent is the only patrician choice.

Attached: Chiss_EtU.png (1600x1600, 2.66M)

>tfw Cisquisition and ME andromeda felt more like a grindy chore than tortanic

Attached: 02e3f85c7ab0dd8114d180c9f53ed4ea58daa50e99ccab5121672c3cf49510b.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

Couldn't get into it personally, but then again I'm pretty sure WoW has just completely ruined my ability to enjoy any and all other MMOs. Except for perhaps Star Wars Galaxies, but that's dead. Except for private servers.

If this game had a better engine not the shitty alpha one they went with god there would be so much potential. Better animations/ships/models/armor/ hoods on or off. So much shit tied to a really really bad engine. Aside from that, some of the story lines are the best youre gonna get from star wars any time soon. Play an IA, Chiss for extra flavor and its a goat experience. Non edgy reasonable sith warrior is also great.

It also came out in 2008. There is that.

Reminder this shithole game cost $200 million dollars to make and we never got Kotor 3.

We are talking about TOR though, not KOTOR

and it absolutely shits the bed on act 1, act 2 and 3 are not that bad all things considering, still pretty cliche

the only way I found JK story entertainment is going full Darkside, it's the only way your character isn't a piece of cardboard with 0 charisma

ToR came out in 2012

because they made it so I went from shitting on everyone in pvp with pvp gear costing about 10 hours to grind and like 100 hours for a full set to 500 hours a piece making you need to play for 5000 fucking hours to have it.

Then they didnt even hard reset pvp and everyone who grinded already for full sets had 500-1000% stat buffs against you and could literally 1v10 your entire team. If a person had 1 war hero item more than you, the best you could ever do was to stalemate them until you ran out of mana and they 1 shot you.

Once that happened literally everyone quit the game.
A few people stayed to finish the nightmare runs when they came out with that slug boss one and the game died.

Ive never seen a game run so fucking poorly with so much potential and hope. I remember all the devs got huge arm tattoos because they were so excited and then they were so fucking destroyed by the shit management that even the hardcore fucking people gave up and resigned from that immense fucking shithole.

Attached: swtor.png (964x587, 361K)

Any anons that play on the ebon hawk server?

oh i forgot to mention the pvp gear before they changed it gave you small 1-3% buffs so if you had a full set you had maybe 20% buffed stats.

Then they went full retard.

>chiss agent

Attached: 1557490964509.png (956x532, 885K)

eh, it's got romance

sith warriors are pretty cool with their jump
above average story too

would recommend imperial agent, sith warrior, sith inquisitor
the rest is uninteresting

play it, these are the summary for stories

>Jedi Knight : original kotor 3 story, you are the canon protagonist, bland as a cardboard unless you play dark side, story starts off cliche, ends satisfactory, you can fuck your own apprentice and get your own T3 rip off
>Jedi Consular : do actual jedi work, diplomat, heal people, teach non-force users that the force is fucking awesome, hang out with a guy who has an AI as his fucking waifu
>Smuggler : tell jokes, punch people, kick people in the balls, fuck every women on the way, amass money and create a criminal network, be han solo,you get your own wookie and a retarded fedora tipper as your
companions
>Trooper : off corrupted senators, kill everyone in your way, piss off superior command, have the best romance in the entire game and a patriotic "genocide all the imps" droid
>Sith Warrior : play a pragmatic reasonable sith or a madman, either way still fuck everything in your way and become so powerful that the dark council fears you
>Sith Inquisitor : chase ghosts, chase people, be useless
>Imperial Agent : james bond that devolves in a secret wide conspiracy, actually the best story in term of writings and choices mattering, 4 different endings, marry a companion who NTRs you all the time
>Bounty Hunter :youtube.com/watch?v=K6TzySfGVOs

Attached: 1558470723048.gif (345x237, 1.86M)

Back when the game came out Bounty Hunter was fucking Kino. Shitty story but nice flashy skills. Too bad they nerfed them to the ground.
Also you can marry an Alderaan prince, become officially a Baron with the titleflair to boot to display it.

As a wise man once said: Do it

Attached: 1456991195803.jpg (438x576, 68K)

You have to pay for action bars on your UI.

always wondered how people get into that shit
seriously, tell me I kinda wanna try
>That vid
you got the one where you the guy who's been fucking someone else's wife calls the guy a cuck and then gets you to shoot him?

it's ok

Attached: PURE.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

yes I do

youtube.com/watch?v=YJ__ri7eWdU

its free so what do you have to lose?

I'd say play the better wow clone but wildstar died a while back

Quick, pick your class

Attached: 1535264322132.jpg (2680x834, 415K)

Yes. I need to conduct a fullbody search, ma'am.

>powertech
>Sorcerer
>Juggernaut
>Operative

I enjoyed the cinematics more than the game, desu
youtube.com/watch?v=nfjWANrhl5g

your side bitch watching u closely

juggernaut has the coolest animations, and single saber is even cooler than the rest

>BountyHunter
youtube.com/watch?v=xT3wXaobzMo

Downloading it right now

she's made for watching
play a dude and you can bang a milf right in front of her

How is it now? Are they still creating new stuff or did they drop it?

New expansion soon, new story and cutscene

Attached: 1536716128741.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

based

>milf: are you going to dismiss your twilek?
>warrior: she never leaves my side
Warrior is pure kino.
Only agent comes close.

Attached: 1537008837529.jpg (342x342, 56K)

should you take the collar off or no?

>all this apprentice fucking
picked the fuck up

no point in keeping it on
sadly

Why did Bioware make Anthem after this game failed? Why do they try making non single player rpgs at all?

>gave it a try two years after release
>by now no one is really playing
>those who do are on their 47th playthrough
>I'm new, so at level 10 I want to play my first instant
>manage to find 2 people who wants to join
>get to first conversation
>"who's the faggot not skipping cutscenes?"
>me, I've never seen this
>*player left* x2
>kewl
>try game years later again
>sith warrior
>pretty fun
>get to level whatever-the-fuck to play the Revan DLC
>everything fun is locked behind "you have to play this with others"
>LFG for about 45 minutes
>nothing
>kewl
>maybe they've added som sort of "low difficulty, low reward" system so you can at least see the fucking content in instances you want to play
>nope, play the ones people are playing or fuck yourself
>kewl

EA wants cash money, what do you mean why?

>0:27

Attached: 0o.png (320x325, 160K)

cuz daddy EA told them to

You can't progress the romance if you don't take it off, but you can postpone it for a time.
Best part is when you give the controls to your new psycho apprentice and she tortures vette until she begs you to take the controls back.

Can ya take the collar off at any time, no matter how late, and then progress the romance?

god damn it don't make me reinstall this

Attached: GHOST DAD.jpg (800x445, 389K)

the guy in charge of Anthem was the guy who was in charge of SWTOR, guess what, since he moved to Anthem SWTOR has MASSIVELY improved, and Anthem is the most biggest, jewish, generic product made for quick buck I've ever seen

it's not Bioware, it's the guy in charge, I don't know how he still has the job

Attached: 1555428076770.gif (300x223, 1.41M)

You can literally solo the whole game now.
They've buffed companions to ridiculous levels and they give you an extra unbeatable npc in some flashpoints.

Bounty Hunter

Still don't get why they didn't lower all the damage and value in the "solo" flashpoints instead of giving you an immortal droid

and even then, why not give you 4 guys called "Republic Elite commandos" or 4 elite troopers, that way it's much more credible, it breaks my fucking immersion when Darth fucking Malgus is hacking away at a droid shooting him at melee while I slashing from behind

Attached: 5378319860_7f96dea2f6_b.jpg (711x459, 98K)

Yeah, companion dialogues aren't tied to main story, although you should finish them before moving on to expansion stories.
I think Knights of the Fallen Empire locks them completely.

That would require effort.

At least that class is doing his job, unlike inq, and there is difference between LS and DS for that class.

Also, Gault is best male companion in the game.

you think? they created one random droid, they can easily change his skin (since they all share animations), and clone it, then randomly give them some generic trooper armor and lower their damage to like 25%, and that's it

but yeah, I guess it would requiere too much effort, better to put this new revan lightsaber in the cartel market

Attached: 1558027482375.png (483x638, 186K)

what about Guss tuno and Lord scourge?

Attached: 1559237462992.jpg (234x215, 4K)

>Guss tuno
He is lovable loser, he is nice guy. Gault is real asshole, who is awesome.

>Lord scourge
He's joining too late to tell.

I know it's not Doc because women give him too much flak, although to male JKs he's a total bro.

>always wondered how people get into that shit
Easy, just go to the cantina on the big ass ship and you will have a ton of people stand around like whores.

Agent story is surprisingly good, but if you're just playing for the story, prepare to grind through tons of padding.

Every day that passes by it gets closer and closer to it's death. As universal as that concept is, there are now more bad star wars movies than good and it's public appeal has been dropping consistently as a result. On top of that its a mmo tab targeting game which has been done to death throughout the years. It won't ever gain more players and will only hemorrhage until it goes the way of star wars galaxy. That's probably the worst aspect really. Even if you fall in love with this game, it won't be able to compete with the zoomer games and as a result you will lose your character that you spend thousands of hours on.

Attached: 1515242221171.jpg (2048x2042, 1.7M)

Go ahead and buy a month of subscription for the game and play the main class stories
They are mediocre but pretty good for power fantasies in the star wars universe

Attached: 1556616199365.png (2173x2343, 3.18M)

i would prefer if his joy girl was companion instead.

>and we never got Kotor 3.
apparently they plan to make a film based on the Old Republic era
assuming it doesn't completely rape the lore (spoiler it probably will) if it does well we'd probably get another game out of this era. IDK if it would be KOTOR 3 though.
the last head guy for Anthem was working on DA4 though? it's just the development for that game was an absolute fucking shitshow

to answer the original guys question TOR is designed by a branch of Bioware not the main section. The whole point of Anthem was they wanted to show they could make more games instead of riding on the ME and DA series, but for a variety of reasons dropped the ball hard.

Desu I loved how nuts they went with it
>Mission Vao, but legal enough to get away with it

Bounty Hunter is literally one of the best story's in the game

He doesn't have good villain, like Baras.

I'd like to try every class and the game when I have free time just for kicks. Are there any classes whose stories or mechanics are shit enough I shouldn't even bother?

>have the best romance in the entire game
Which is?

I would recommend avoiding vanguard/powertech ever since they were reworked, they're glorified melee now. Commando/merc is superior.

Really depends on what "fantasy" you are looking for.
>Anakin/Mace
>Obi-wan/Yoda
>Vader the enforcer
>Sheev during his developmental years
>Bobba Fett/Mandofag
>Redditized Han Solo
>COD campaign with star wars skin
>James Bond lite

Yeah I remember some time ago I wanted to play a Trooper with the rifle instead of gatling gun but just looking at the gameplay videos it seemed they were mostly melee.