Any truckers here? What games do you have in your cab? Any PCs or just a laptop or a console?

Any truckers here? What games do you have in your cab? Any PCs or just a laptop or a console?

Attached: groyper.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

Hell yeah brother. I like to play myself some of them JRPGs in my rig.

Is trucker a good route out of NEETdom?

It's basically NEET on wheels except you don't get NEETbux and actually serve a purpose.

Being a trucker isn't even a good route for a trucker, that shit is dangerous, requires concentration and endurance and will be automated before you can even blink.

If you're a capable driver and have functioning communication skills then you can do it.

It's more exhausting that it looks and you be most of the time driving than doing NEET stuff

>and will be automated before you can even blink.
just like everything else?

So are time requirements extreme or truckers overtime themselves for more money?

Nope, fleets of truck drivers driving all night every night just so the shelves are full of fucking chocolate bars is FUCKING expensive, and it's a current priority for automation because it's semi feasible and there is a lot of money to be saved.
Most jobs aren't in the crosshairs because of how much R&D would be required to automate even a shelf packing or accounting job, it's a lot less expensive to just hire someone and aside from a tremendous leap in technology that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future.

what do you do for work user?

SOC

I have a “gaming” laptop. I mostly play the TES games

whats that

>Giving 18 wheel death traps automation
Yea nah id rather have a sleep deprived cletus

>functioning communication skills

Where the fuck do you think you are?

I write hardening guides that nobody reads, and I make sure nobody installs anything or has any fun at work.

hardening as in browser and operating system security etc?

>ftw my dad is a trucker
>tfw he '' killed'' 6 people
If you arent prepared it will change you.

>filename
reddit please fuck off

seething i just made it

Yep, if you're thinking about going into infosec, do something more involved.

nah im not im just a retard that likes reading said guides

Not him but it's really the biggest market for automated vehicles. And it's perfect for testing because they drive along the same mundane roads every time. As opposed to a taxi or Uber driver that has variable locations and routes.

Did he go to jail or get penalized? Just sounds interesting, want to know more

Yeah but no one wants to take the chance of being between 2 automated 18 wheelers in a 2 lane road on their small sedan

There is nothing interesting about them, you just go through and disable everything that isn't crucial for people completing their work because there are less attack vectors.
Everything is just configured for least privilege, and there is no fun allowed.
If you want to read something interesting read about exploit development and red team stuff (I know fuck all about this because it's actually hard)

It'll be roughly another decade for trucks to be automated on regulated roads and highways in large numbers. Even then, a trucker will always be necessary next to the wheel, more as a security guard to the cargo, supervisor to the computer driver and there to cover any issues at checkpoints.
Many places a truck needs to go will always require a human element. A robot that can follow highway lines can only do so much.

>but no one wants to take the chance
they don't get a choice

>Even then, a trucker will always be necessary next to the wheel, more as a security guard to the cargo, supervisor to the computer driver and there to cover any issues at checkpoints.
>Many places a truck needs to go will always require a human element. A robot that can follow highway lines can only do so much.
literally brainlet arguments
if someone wants to rob a truck covered in cameras than a trucker won't scare them off

That's true, currently all automated vehicles still need people at the wheel, and with countries that still have unions it's going to be a hell of a fight to change those regulations.
But progress is inevitable, you can't fight practicality.

I do with my votes damnit! not that it matters

No but this will

Attached: 1491190166462.webm (1280x720, 1.95M)

What happened. I can't tell.

Not him but I'm pretty sure he was trying to open the truck and steal the cargo like a madman and the truck driver might have seen this in the mirror and hit the brakes.

Absolute madmen try to rob a moving truck and the driver sees him try to open the doors, so he pumps the brakes to put a stop to it

>Most jobs aren't in the crosshairs because of how much R&D would be required to automate even a shelf packing or accounting job

I take it you have yet to hear of Smart contracts then. That's going to obliterate office jobs.

dumbass thought fast and furious was real

what was the cargo
why was there a camera

>what was the cargo
Likely something random, I don't see the guy who stands on a moving car to open a truck door planning this out very well.
>why was there a camera
Insurance reasons

Pretty sure like most states with self driving cars, trucks will be required to have someone at the wheel. So there will likely be a short comfy period where you can get paid just to sit behind the wheel of a big rig before full automation is legalized.

there was a simpsons episode about that

Attempted murder.

i remember bits of that one. he falls asleep and then learns it actually self drives by mistake.

No. Its low pay and breaks you.
source: my dad

Not everyone here is autistic losers with social anxiety problems.

I feel like I saw a news snippet about trucker pay. Something along the lines that adjusted for inflation truckers were making more in the 80s-90s then they are now.
Which is sad because they are vital for commerce.

and then what happens

lol

He drives to a particular farmers store owned by a Mr. Sneed

I have been in long car trips where I wasn't even the driver and it was very tiring and uncomfortable so I can only imagine if I was the one doing the driving. A truck is probably even harder than a car.
I think the pay is good though so you should give it a try and keep at it for a decade or so but there are probably better routes out there to get out of neetdom.

I'm sure you're the pinnacle of intelligence.

No, it's a shitty job, the pay is garbage and you're never home. Also it's not going to exist in ten years.

>groyper
Maybe take your truck and drive back to r*ddit you retarded nigger