Why don't you fags admit that this is an awesome game?

Attached: metal-gear-solid-the-twin-snakes.jpg (640x908, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FliJWXYmQWw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s a ninty exclusive

the cutscenes are garbage, the music is shit, the voice lines are all dull and boring, the game is piss easy because of the updated controls, and quite frankly its soulless

Twin snakes is great and has its merits, i just think the original is better. Partly because of boomer bias, but also because I don't like the more anime/extreme stuff in the narrative when I'm trying to appreciate the story seriously. Its great if you wanna go back and play a remixed version of the original, but I'd never recommend it in favor of the original.

Attached: 1555537367610.png (368x368, 142K)

This is the reason why.

i like it a lot better than the original it was also my first metal gear

I learned of MGS through Brawl so I ended up picking up this game for my Wii and enjoyed it. Has a special place being my first Metal Gear.

Too close minded

Kojima used MGS1 footage in MGS4 during all the flashbacks the only thing he used from Twin Snakes was Mei Ling's non-chinky voice to match up with 4

You call us fags but you're the one who likes a game with twin snakes in it

The camp atmosphere and cutscenes ironically make it a better fit for MGS2-4 than the original MGS was.

Because they wanted to highlight the leap in graphics in Act 4.

4 is trash who cares what it uses. Should use an incinerator on itself.

How will OP ever recover?

It is, though.
>m-muh flip in cutscenes
anime watchers trying to seem mature by not liking action

I've never played a Metal Gear game.
What should I start with?

MGS on the PS1 or the Gamecube version
MG1/2 are skippable, they explain what happens in the latter games anyway

Snake didn't do that shit in the original and it came out before the Matrix, Twin Snakes just wanted epic bullet time cause it was popular and everywhere

>Kojima did the english dub
no he didn't, Pat Zimmerman is the one making most of the calls for the english dubbing of MG until Phantom Pain, you can actually tell when Kojima got involved there, because Ocelot starts sounding like Joel from Last of Us, that's Kojima's direction, while the early 'let the legend come back to life' stuff was Zimmerman so Ocelot sounded like Ocelot
before that Koji had some minor input with casting, his primary contribution to the eng dub was his autistic desire to be faithful to his Engrish translation of his japanese script, which is why every MGS after the first half of MGS1 has horrid dialogue

Nintendo game

>MG1/2 are skippable

Get a load of this fag.

>cutscenes
garbage, agree
>music
yeah, sucky renditions compared to the old ones
>muh voice acting
it's exactly as bad as MGS2&3, the reason why MGS1 seemed better was because of the more liberal translation at the start that made it sound more natural, otherwise it's the same voice director and crew for all those games
>easy
yeah, would've been nice to have a toggle for the MGS2 stuff
>soulless
eh, fuck off, that's not an argument

Kojima told the cutscene director to go nuts, originally Silicon Knights wanted to do faithful cutscenes

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FliJWXYmQWw
A guy by the name of Jeremy Blaustein is the one responsible for the english translation and he oversaw some of the directing for Metal Gear Solid. He apparently butted heads with Konami Japan enough that he wasn’t brought back for future game (and is likely the reason why the script was changed for Twin Snakes). He disagreed a lot over Kojima wanting to have the english script say certain things that Blaustein felt wouldn’t work for an American audience the same way it would for a Japanese audience. The interview is an enlightening look behind the scenes of MGS.

Blaustein was the guy localising the script for MGS1, and his more natural sounding translation benefited the game greatly, but also earned the ire of turbosped Kojima, who is also not nearly as proficient at English as Blaustein was, but the guy calling the shots nonetheless
Kris Zimmerman (not Pat, I misremembered, he was the guy voicing Ocelot) is the English voice&casting director for all the games, and was defacto the one responsible for how the dialogue is delivered in the games up until Phantom Pain, and Kojima was barely involved with the English dubbing outside of the script, where he butted heads with Blaustein
so Mei Ling losing her chingchong accent was due to Zimmerman changing it, 0 to do with Kojima

Cause Kojima didn't give a shit about it MGS1 is more special to him and Twin Snakes never supplanted MGS1

so you're saying he was an ego tripping fag?

TTS is Raiden doing VR.

I think the graphics look really nice, but people tend to hate it because of all the levity in it. MGS took itself seriously for the most part and this game was just goofing around.

Squall is dead

Giving someone else the freedom to do whatever they want with a remake of your game sounds like the opposite of an ego trip to me.

I like to believe that TwinSnakes is just an exagerated fantasy in Ocelot's head about the events on Shadowmoses.