LOCALIZATION FUCKING WHEN NINTY?!

Attached: MOTHER3.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

When they can figure out a way to make that scene with the Magypsy molesting Lucas in a hot spring more west-friendly.

You know there are many great games that hasn't been localized besides this right?

Maybe instead of just on a controversial game, why not focus on something that's more kid-friendly and has a decent chance to be translated?

Who cares? Anyone who wants to play it in english has had the ability to do so for years via fan translation patch

There's honestly no point, the translation is really decent and the game holds up today visually and gameplay-wise

Attached: 2377 - Mother 3 (J)(WRG)_03.png (240x160, 7K)

You've got a fan-translation that works perfectly fine. Why not just use that?

>not just using the English patched rom

They'd probably do a worse job than the fans t.b.h.

Attached: 1521339814351.png (180x180, 12K)

E3

I've seen this topic so many times but I still don't get it. Why do people pretend to care about official localizations this much?

Never. Be gratefur we ret you pray first two. You want Mother 3? FAK YOU GAIJIN! HAVE NEW PAPER MARIO WITH NO GAMEPRAY AND TEN MIRRION TOADS INSTEAD!

Attached: 1496453188576.jpg (209x152, 11K)

Toads are BASED.

E3 BABEEEEEYYYYY

EXACTRY

DAT WHY WE REMAKE ARR ORD MARIO RPG AND REPRACE ALL ORIGINAR CHARACTER WITH TOADS

Attached: DFHiP9oXsAU-sAE.jpg (240x238, 9K)

In this new crazy age would the Magypsies be loved or hated? Trannys are so tempermental.

Mixolydia reminds me of the Gerudo with the manjaw from BotW

>Remaking the Mother games in a clay artstyle like how Yoshi is made of yarn now
It would fucking print money I guarantee it.

DINKLEBERG

There is a fully translated, professional release already out there.

Nintendo isn't going to localize a Japanese GBA game 13 years later.

No!

nintendo said that they don't want to get in trouble with the tranny crowed in america since they buy nintendo games and people will report on it constantly

Just like how they wouldn’t localize a NES or SNES title 25 years later? (Earthbound Beginnings/Star Fox 2)

fucking this
god i hate motherfags so much

no reason for a localization because the fan translation is perfectly fine but it's happening anyway with porky being the smash fighter to promote it

Attached: IMG_20190410_225705.jpg (600x450, 50K)

>wanting a shit game to be localized

Both were already translated before release

It'll never happen.

A group of cross dressing LGBT stereotypes are a central part of the story and Nintendo KNOWS there'd be outrage if it got an official western release. There's probably a few writers a Kotaku and Polygon already waiting for the release announcement to write hit pieces on Nintendo.

Just imagine the headline

>Nintendo's new RPG contains Transphobic depicitions of characters and it is not okay

Your life is so empty that you have to waste your energy hating a bunch of people that you don't even know just because they enjoy a videogame.
Your pathetic.

Fuck off, Mother is trash. Smash made it popular

well I mean. why *would* someone make this thread besides the fact that they're obviously a faggot

they were finished games sitting in an archive, retardo. mother's localization was even dumped online already several years before its official release.

i wonder if bowser will change things at NoA since it was speculated reggie was the one holding back any games that weren't E-rated kiddie shit.

I know crossdressing men are just a funny trope to japs but those character they really are fucking creepy. I can't even play the game without imagining tranny freaks.

>it's not my fault i didn't knew a fan translation for a game i pretend to like existed
fuck off
you're literally blaming your own stupidity on others
you'll probably never even play it because you're a goddamn secondary

Never. They don't give a shit about the west.

controversial opinion: i liked 2 better

>visual
i would agree with you if not for the fact that the GBA's color palette is absolute dogshit.

You wouldn't even want to play the censored version with the "Nintendo Treehouse" approved translation. The fan translation is perfect and its fucking free.

You could be playing an English version on emulator right now. But it's overrated anyways.

That's Tezuka, not Miyamoto, imbecile.

not ever

earthbound is a way better game. less dramatic and more surreal.

>Game with drug references, animal abuse, ethical quandaries, existential themes
>Drag queens are what does his head in

the gameplay is pretty similar, but what really sold me on earthbound was the unique way it presented its story. it really added to the atmosphere it was going for.

imma keep it real with you chief, i didnt think claus's death was that sad.

I love how much the normal town setting of earthbound contrasts all the surreal stuff. You don't really get much of that in Mother 3 because the setting is strange from the start with dinosaurs and shit.

>tfw going to moonside for the first time

Attached: moonwel_ot_cosidme_by_orangesonic21-d4hnbmw.png (850x660, 953K)

Fuck off and drink bleach, you stupid motherfucker.

seethe

>where the fuck am I going the area
I was so confused but it was cool. I love the feeling of going on a journey earthbound has. Mother 3 also has it but its too a much lesser extent.

No it wouldn't. It would be a huge flop financially. Even if the entire mother fanbase bought it, it would still be a flop. Nintendo is a business, their end goal is to make money. Quality claymation costs a lot of money, and it doesn't help that mother is a niche series. Why would nintendo spend millions of dollars on a game that will flop, when they could just develope a fire emblem or Mario game that would guarantee to be a hit?

if you dedicate some time to just figuring out the patterns then it makes things a lot easier. annoying and time consuming, but it makes it go by faster.

I really doubt it. Any re-release or remake would instantly be a hit in Japan, and it's not really a cult series in the US anymore, being widely beloved. A new release would do well.

How is this controversial? Way more people prefer Earthbound.

no they dont. almost everyone whos played 3 recognizes it as objectively a better game.
>t. someone without nostalgia goggles

No they don't, you fool.

but they do. go ask any person with actual taste and they will list off all the reasons why 3 is better. 2 had no story or characters at all, it was just a walking simulator without any real plot or time dedicated to a story.

how about getting less triggered, queer?

Why does Yea Forums refuse to play nintendo things unofficially? Are they so loyal that they refuse to use unofficial nintendo products?
How much are you willing to wait as long as you can play it with Nintendo's official recognition?

I like 3 more because it has the better soundtrack

It's become less likely as time has gone on that we will ever get localization, reason being is that the west doesn't deserve it. When Magypsies, Birdo, and Vivian were all created, all of them existed to be fantasy, for absurdity and creativity, but in the west it is now being said that mental illness is beautiful. It's because of the trans delusionals and nothing else.

Attached: Magypsy.jpg (603x541, 28K)

lol no it doesn't. earthbound has so much great dub infused throughout.

I played all three this year and 2 is far and away better than 3.

2 is pretty fun for ROMhacking if you can be bothered to learn the tools.

They can make 3d look like clay with shades easily, they wouldn't need "quality claymation" to get the aesthetic.

Where the fuck is locria.

Attached: 1556327257224.gif (400x326, 795K)

They had that in FF7 and noone cared.

They'd be seen as good representation for like non-binary or whatever nowadays probably, Either that or because of the implied molestation of Lucas they'd be shunned as a stereotype of gay men raping children.
It can go either way honestly.

10 years ago retard.
Why the fuck would you want an official translation when translators routinely think they've been hired specifically to alter texts to fit their world view

This year for sure

But really, i doubt they ever will, especially due to the Magypsies

15 years

He is a traitor, and goes under the name Fassad in the actual game.

its not tho

Just cut them out?

Remake it in 3D and restore some of the lost story content.

>cut out plot important characters
You would have to change a lot of parts of the game if you just flat removed them

Just make them female then. Their gender has no actual impact to their character.

this.

I fucking wish

Attached: IMG_20190530_152111.jpg (1200x888, 144K)

What's wrong with the Magypsies anyway?
They're these weird, immensely powerful otherworldly genderless beings that wouldn't really cause any upset

Maybe they just want to support the creators behind the projects instead of emulating shit or buying a cartridge that will never have any of the revenue go to the creators.

>wanting a localization

Why? They'd just have to cut/censor tons of shit in order to keep the E rating.

Retards.

Mother 3 is a shit game and Porky did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1544300560388.png (750x1059, 225K)

it is tho

As long as the Magypsy's are in the game, they will never localize it.

idk i feel like all this magypsy talk is just baseless speculation just like when people thought earthbound would never get re-released because of its soundtrack, which turned out to be false

If it were still 2006 era, yeah, the game would have had no problem getting localized.
The social and political climate of the west is a fucking mess right now.

>gameplay-wise

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 10 [720p].mkv - 04;29;24.512.png (1920x1080, 561K)

japan doesnt give a shit about what some faggot westerners have to say. if a chink can make money, then he will.

>I will autistically screetch at Nintendo until they localize Mother 3
>I won't play the already finished translation that has been around for more than 10 years, that's piracy
If this is you, fucking kill yourself.

nintendo of america has final say in what gets released in america.

why do people want a localisation so bad
Just play the fan translation

Attached: #####h (2).jpg (242x198, 12K)

It plays perfectly fine*

*for JRPG standards, that is

Mother 3's combat is addicting as hell. Just because you have no rhythm or understanding of the combo system, doesn't mean you have to shit on it.

The combat is barebones as fuck with no real strategy besides spamming buffs/debuffs, there's no party or character building and the dungeons are hallways with the occasional side room

it's shit even by JRPG standards

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 05 [720p].mkv - 00000.png (1280x720, 642K)

>besides spamming buffs/debuffs
Your limited amount of PP doesn't let you do that for normal mooks, since the AoE buff/sdebuffs take a shit ton of PP.
>Dungeons
Dumb animeposter.

>Your limited amount of PP doesn't let you do that for normal mooks

You also don't need to do it for normal mooks, amazing how that turns out.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 05 [720p].mkv - 00005.png (1280x720, 433K)

>You also don't need to do it for normal mooks, amazing how that turns out.
Wrong.

All the replies prove you wrong, including this one. 2 is so much better than 3 it isn't even funny. I bet you played both just once and you couldn't even stomach 1, you pleb faggot.

It's different nowadays...

Attached: 1494132679155.png (385x360, 248K)

All they'd cut is the end of hot tub scene. Change it to something about the refreshing waters or some speech. The designs stay and result in ~2 Kotaku articles with "Nintendo declined to comment".

yeah you just stunlock them instead

>Barebones as fuck
>Has a cool-ass rhythm combo system
Based Anime-posting Retard

Not that user, but Mother 3 is better than 2 in every way except setting.
Music is better
Combat is better
Characters are better.
Sprites look better
Enemy designs are better

wow a gimmick that lets you do more damage, such deep and interesting gameplay

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 07 [720p].mkv - 00003.png (1280x720, 625K)

soon

the Magypsy didn't molest Lucas so there's no problem

Not that user, but
>Music is better
Disagree
>Characters are better
The main party is slightly better, but the world around you in Mother 3 and the NPCs are boring as fuck in comparison
>Sprites look better
Earthbound had some insanely good design at times. Mother 3 might be consistently cleaner, so I'll give it a draw.
>Enemy designs are better
Starman alone shits on all the stuff from M3. That's facts.

Still, even of he simply spit on his face there's just too many implications

Magypsies are inclusive nonbinary representation
I don't remember any jokes at their expense

Miyamoto doesn't even like Toads

What?
He dunked him under the water to force his psychic powers out. Like they do to Navy SEALs

The joke is that Okama are seen/portrayed as jokes in and of themselves in Japan.

Not that user either, but
>Music
Really? Better music than Earthbound?
>Combat
I'll agree. I don't quite like it, but it is better.
>Characters
The party's characters have more character than Earthbound, but the rest of the world doesn't.
>Sprites
Don't really know why you'd bring that up, but okay.
>Enemies
Fuck off. The majority of the enemies in 3 are just two animals combined together.

>that one guy from Twitter that's obsessed with Mother 1 and hates Mother 3

>Yea Forums thinks they understand the nuances and socio-political culture of an entire country because shit they read on Yea Forums

They aren't joke characters they're treated seriously in-game

>because shit they read on Yea Forums
No, because of shit Japanese creators say themselves, such as Eiichiro Oda, who more than likely has the most well known Okama in Japanese media.
You miss the point, they can be treated as cool and interesting and strong, but the joke is in itself that they are transgendered and seen as silly.

*you’re
:)

When they are not simple clones of each other

>didn't realize the game had a bit more after "the end?"
>thought lucas pulled the final pin and the final dragon reading his heart's desire lead to it destroying the world
>for over a fucking decade I thought it was just "the world ends anyway. fuck you"

honestly being able to talk to people in an empty void doesn't really inspire a lot of hope either, but it's surreal to have learned about that a decade after the ending left its impression

since it's the 30th anniversary and the year of the pig if we don't get anything this year then there is no hope for the mother franchise. Just post mother characters instead

Attached: D7BQPy6W0AAA0oE.jpg (1335x1340, 190K)

"""""""""""Princess"""""""""""""""""""" Kumatora